Season 3 when?

Will Disney+ finally give the greatest cartoon of all time the third season it so richly deserves?

Attached: W.I.T.C.H. beach.png (768x576, 640K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GCs42Kp9vJw
youtube.com/watch?v=Jg8E9c00nRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It won't renew or revive it back. Stream channels can't do all anything

Except it literally happened with Young Justice, another Weisman show no less.

I don't think this show is very well known
this show was based off an Italian comic so I don't know what the odds of that are

I want to see it just to see your reaction to it

Monkey's Paw

1. There was high interest in Young Justice, unlike W.I.T.C.H., regardless of how you feel about both shows.

2. Reviving action cartoons is a rarity, not the norm. Cartoon revivals in general are still rare.

Weisman is bad person, and represents an huge manufracture for quality. Didn't you just saw the dumb shit he just did in Young Justice's 3rd season semi-final episodes

>greatest cartoon of all time
That’s not Aqua Teen Hunger Force

I honestly only know about this show's existance because of witchfag, but i doubt they'd ever revive it, it's been to long and very few people actually care

>this show was based off an Italian comic so I don't know what the odds of that are
The W.I.T.C.H. comic was (and probably remains to this day) the #1 bestselling comic in its class globally by an enormous margin.

America isn't the whole world, you know.

>The W.I.T.C.H. comic was (and probably remains to this day) the #1 bestselling comic in its class globally by an enormous margin.
Any source for that claim?

I've seen it on a number of sites, though I can't recall them right now.
But one of the season 1 showrunners wrote a book with a chapter on making the show, in which he called the original comics "the most successful children’s magazine launch in history". I'm guessing he knows what he's talking about.

Someone also pointed out that the reprints that came out only recently have been #1 in their category on Amazon, which would seem to back up the original claim.

Whatever happened with YJ, you can't deny that Weisman's plot twists in season 2 here were mind-blowing, and exactly what the show needed. Although it wouldn't have been a fraction as good if season 1 hadn't set things up the way it did, especially character-wise. (Seriously, the first season showrunners get zero credit even from fans of the show.)

That said, I actually don't want Weisman to head season 3 if it's ever made. Even if the rumors about what he wanted for the season are fake, what he's said himself + the nonsensical SJW bullshit with Irma is more than enough.

I don't know, will your faggot ass ever get laid?

Answer the question, faggot ass

Don't have to, faggot ass.

Having read the volumes I missed, the quality definitely jumped off a cliff after like the 5th arc. Hopefully any adaption fixes this shit.

why does Italy love magical girls so much?

what's this from?

Read the filename

Cartoon wasn't nearly as well received internationally as the comic though. Apparently it was dwarfed by Winx Club (which is why Winx got a ton more seasons). Also the company that made it closed down 10 years ago, so it's likely if Disney were to make a new one, it wouldn't be S3 but a calarts-looking reboot.

I’ll just be happy if the first two seasons show up on the service at all.

With the original theme song intact.

>With both versions of the original theme song intact, and all episodes uncensored - exactly like on the European DVDs.
FTFY

Though one has to wonder if they even have the US masters for the show still, since they haven't been seen anywhere in over a decade. Would sure be ironic if they lost those, since everyone watches the US version on YouTube

I didn’t know the US version was censored.
And there is an international version on YouTube.
youtu.be/GCs42Kp9vJw

>Hopefully any adaption fixes this shit.
The existing cartoon already fixes the first 2 arcs, especially in terms of plot and character consistency. But that's the exact opposite of most adaptations, which are much worse than the source material. So a new one would be a crapshoot

>why does Italy love magical girls so much?
The show's French-American though

>The show's French-American though
A french-american adaptation of an italian magical girl comic, thus the question: why does Italy love magical girls so much?

Probably fills the gap of preteen tv show for girls that wasn't there before.

Witch had the support of a Disney campaign to push girl magazines so that contributed to its success.

>preteen tv show for girls
W.I.T.C.H. is not really a girl show - it's a show starring girls (and the most hardcore cartoon to do so in existence). And it definitely isn't for preteens. The writing and artistic talent are head-and-shoulders above that of most live-action TV series let alone "adult" animation. Not to mention how much of the series focuses on mature topics like relationships - actual relationships, not childish crushes either.

You don't hire fucking Greg Weisman and co. to write a show for preteens, you know.

That's what happened after the initial creation though. According to Artibani they deliberately patterned the comic after Sailor Moon and for some reason that was seen as the obvious equivalent to what they had done with PKNA being patterned after US superheroes. Why? Was it especially popular in Italy?

the US version definitely wasn't used in Latin America/Brazil, Canada, or Australia

>You don't hire fucking Greg Weisman and co. to write a show for preteens
That's pretty much all the shows he's written for though.

>I didn’t know the US version was censored.
It's really only the first episode, which had two scenes cut out. Though "S is for Self" is also missing the song during the ending credits.

In much of Europe "M is for Mercy" was heavily censored, though apparently not in the US. The uncut version is on the DVDs in English, but the local dubs never did that part so it's just left silent in the other audio tracks.

>the US version definitely wasn't used in Latin America/Brazil, Canada, or Australia
I know. Brazil and Australia got DVDs with the original OP, and there are a few Canadian rips on YouTube.

They did make a Spanish version of the US opening for use in America itself, though.

Gargoyles and Young Justice aren't for preteens. They're dark as fuck and cover topics preteens have literally no clue about.

Spectacular is arguable.

what got censored in M is for Mercy?

>what got censored in M is for Mercy?
youtube.com/watch?v=Jg8E9c00nRU

It deserves a reboot that sticks closer to the comics. Too bad it’ll never happen.

I can't see why the hell they censored that quite frankly
and I really hate how the US didn't bother pitch correcting it when converting it to 24FPS
I'm pretty sure Canada didn't have this problem

winx was better

Gargoyles was pitched and funded as a show for kids. It just happens to be reasonably well-written. It's also nowhere as dark as you make it out to be. It was literally aired on the same time segment previously occupied by Goof Troop, Darkwing Duck and Talespin.

Disney was so butthurt when Winx turned out to be massively more successful than w.i.t.c.h that they tried to sue them, unsuccessfully.

>Winx turned out to be massively more successful than w.i.t.c.h
It didn't "turn out" to be more successful, it had a head start of several months because it was a cheap ripoff and therefore didn't need the extra time to perfect. (Though they did screw up the original dub's season 1 intro with a horrible accented theme)

Well, that and it got placement on an actual broadcast network instead of being relegated to a channel literally nobody had (initially also a block nobody watched). Wonder how much cash was slipped under the table for that one...

Gargoyles is ages 8-10 according to Disney, and TV-PG (all ages with parental guidance) according to the DVD box. Sorry your grimdark show turned out to be for preteens.

No, "turned out" is right. They allowed Artibani, one of the people behind W.i.t.c.h, to go work on Winx because they expected it would never succeed and then reneged on their agreement when Winx became massively successful contrary to their expectations

Ratings are given based on narrowly defined inappropriate content.

I'm talking about the big picture.

>grimdark
Fuck off to Yea Forums with your made up word shit.

>and I really hate how the US didn't bother pitch correcting it when converting it to 24FPS
>I'm pretty sure Canada didn't have this problem
It didn't. The YouTube recordings prove that.