Invents a new element, leaves the only evidence in an unmarked diarama accessible only by his son...

>Invents a new element, leaves the only evidence in an unmarked diarama accessible only by his son, whom he doesn't know will happen to grow up to be a super genius
>Gets his hands on the only supply of vibranium outside of Wakanda, turns it into a medieval shield
>Invents flying car technology in the 1940s, doesn't do anything with it
>Works for Shield his entire life, doesn't realize it's been infiltrated by Nazis
>Fires a Russian guy for wanting to profit off of his own work
>Judges someone for being too greedy when he's literally a billionaire
>Sees Captain America in the 1970s standing ten feet away, doesn't notice because he's wearing a hat
>Is an amazing superscientist billionaire before and after WWII, somehow has no children until the 1970s
>Raises an alcoholic, womanizing, asshole son who becomes responsible for at least four separate supervillain origin stories
Is Howard Stark the actual worst?

Attached: download.jpg (1920x1080, 408K)

>>Sees Captain America in the 1970s standing ten feet away, doesn't notice because he's wearing a hat
People don't notice me when I time-travel either.

Not worse than the comic version at least
>Gets his hands on the only supply of vibranium outside of Wakanda, turns it into a medieval shield
Hey, only a Cosmic Gengis Khan held his own against that shield, have some respect

implying that Howard wasn't hydra as fuck

>Oh no guys.. I want out. I want to build a better world for my son
>lol.. K Howard. You're out..
>Aight hydra-fellas. Unfreeze the one armed avenger and get him to kill the McDuck and missus

t.

Attached: totally not a time traveller at trump's inaugration.png (512x557, 622K)

>Sees Captain America in the 1970s standing ten feet away, doesn't notice because he's wearing a hat
as far as he was aware, Cap had been dead for 30 years. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that the thought of a random soldier being his old friend didn't even cross his mind

>Unfreeze the one armed avenger
The one wHAT

Attached: 20190723_151516.png (494x329, 269K)

>>Sees Captain America in the 1970s standing ten feet away, doesn't notice because he's wearing a hat
Do you remember one specific person you saw 30-40 years ago?

"You know Bob. That one popsicle with one arm.. and a mechanical one. I even heard that some of the hydra guys have started to make a cartoon about him but changed his character into a mouse or rat or something to mislead and stuff"

>Invents a new element
Why the fuck does Science Fiction do this so much? It makes no fucking sense.

>>Invents a new element, leaves the only evidence in an unmarked diarama accessible only by his son, whom he doesn't know will happen to grow up to be a super genius
This one is incredibly stupid, and was one of the biggest reaches in IM2.
Most of the others are covered by a combination of ego, shortsightedness and selfishness.

According to lore, the new element was Vibranium.

>I even heard that some of the hydra guys have started to make a cartoon about him but changed his character into a mouse or rat or something to mislead and stuff"
Oh god

Attached: 6bjkee.jpg (491x491, 43K)

Yeah.
I mean.. in-universe it sorta makes sense. I mean would you believe a guy if he said "The guy was killed by a man looking sorta like that mouse with the robot arm from bikermice from Mars"?

Whenever Bucky would be on an assignment, he could just act like a cosplayer.. erm.. proto-cosplayer but still

Sorry but no. Its a straight up seperate element to Vibranium that came from space.. They originally joked that tony called it BADASSIUM but they didnt go with the joke.

Captain America was the most famous person ever. If Patton came back to life in 1970, everyone would be all "Hey, look, it's Patton."

I am pretty sure that as a non-american I would say something along the lines of ".. who?"

I think most people would think that the person looked a lot like that famous person but pretty much keep it at that. Maybe go over and say "hey, you know you look a lot like bla bla?"

>>Raises an alcoholic, womanizing, asshole son who becomes responsible for at least four separate supervillain origin stories
What raising? Howard's emotional distance and neglect is what made Tony turn out to be the asshole he is. MCU Tony isn't an alcoholic either.

Why not? I mean the general element thing, not Howard Stark

In the Iron Man 2 novelization, the element created by Tony Stark to replace palladium in the Arc Reactor is called vibranium. The subsequent release of Captain America: The First Avenger retcons that information.
My mistake

Its a easy mistake!!! Tony does however use bits if vibranium in later suits like mk17. I have no idea how he get it tho

Black market, probably.

Tom Cruise once did a thing where he spent a day pretending to be a mail man and because he was simply wearing a baseball cap, almost nobody he delivered to recognized him.

>whom he doesn't know will happen to grow up to be a super genius
Tony was disassembling and reassembling motorcycles when he was ten, I think Howard might have caught on.

Howard meeting Tony was one of the least talked about scenes in Endgame but it was so fucking good.

>MCU Tony isn't an alcoholic either.
He was, but got over it after the 2nd movie, yeah.

That's actually not a particularly difficult thing to do.

5 if you count Ultron

This. Based.

I mean it’s probably how Howard got his start.

Stark probably thought he discovered it, not that he actually discovered it. The Wakandans discovered it

He made his first circuit board at the age of 4.

He only got wasted in a single scene of Iron Man 2. If that counts as alcoholism than every single person that's ever gotten black out drunk once in their lives is an alcoholic. There's no other scene or clues to imply that his drinking is debilitating unlike 616. They used PTSD for that.

>He made his first circuit board at the age of 4.
Oh, there you go. That's Mozart tier genius. I just remembered the Popular Mechanics cover.

>Invents a new element, leaves the only evidence in an unmarked diarama accessible only by his son, whom he doesn't know will happen to grow up to be a super genius
Tony graduated from MIT at the top of his class at 15.

>>Gets his hands on the only supply of vibranium outside of Wakanda, turns it into a medieval shield
It only stayed a shield because Steve insisted on keeping it that way. Howard himself preferred the other prototypes he had for Steve.
>Invents flying car technology in the 1940s, doesn't do anything with it
Probably what went into designing the Hellicarriers.
>Works for Shield his entire life, doesn't realize it's been infiltrated by Nazis
You mean Hydra, right? Because Hydra isn't Nazis. And yes he did realize. It's why Bucky was sent to kill him (and super soldier serum).
>Fires a Russian guy for wanting to profit off of his own work
Probably by selling it to the highest bidder, like Cross wanted to do with Pym Particles or Stane with Iron Monger suits. Also, it was partly Howard's work too. And he didn't just fire Anton, he had him deported.
>Judges someone for being too greedy when he's literally a billionaire
A billionare by selling conventional products to the home team and ONLY the home team.
Different timeline.
>Is an amazing superscientist billionaire before and after WWII, somehow has no children until the 1970s
Lots of pussy to slay before getting tired of it.
>Raises an alcoholic, womanizing, asshole son who becomes responsible for at least four separate supervillain origin stories
A womanizing alcoholic father begets a womanizing alcoholic son? Who'da thunk!
>Is Howard Stark the actual worst?
No. He wasn't a perfect father, but he maintained ideals that helped keep a lid on very bad people and wound up indirectly saving lives. And sired a gifted son who would one day save half of all life in the universe.

>capeshit movies "analysis"

It's made pretty obvious throughout the entirety of IM2 that he was hitting the bottle heavily as a coping mechanism. Rather than focus on alcohol, MCU Tony has a variety of maladaptive coping mechanisms. Single-minded use of the IM armor in IM1, booze in IM2, obsessive suit construction in IM3.

The thing with the diorama was when Tony was a little kid. It's also really stupid as it hinged on the original video recording being saved for 40 years and Tony watching it to the end and people keeping the StarkExpo diorama completely intact for the same amount of time.

>The thing with the diorama was when Tony was a little kid.

Yeah, and Howard died when Tony was in his 20s. If it didn't seem that Tony was in the right direction then, he'd have probably had the film and diorama scrapped.

>movie "analysis"

Wouldn't be the first time some genius kid flamed out in freshman year.