Why was Quilby and Oropo so underwhelming compared to Nox?

Why was Quilby and Oropo so underwhelming compared to Nox?

Attached: quilbyoropo.jpg (1038x477, 216K)

not as relatable

Let's not talk about best villains being used in the first season, okay?

Attached: 0.jpg (200x200, 13K)

ok

Attached: coverage.png (854x480, 344K)

You really have to let Rimba Racer go.

I understood Quilby's motivation. He just wanted peers. He was lonely.

Quilby was alright IMO, Oreo was poo poo

Quilby was fucking awesome, fuck off.
Oropo can rot, though.

quilby was awesome, his madness can be understandable,
havent seen season 3

he was a good villain in s1

Problems with Oropo:
1. Insulting retcons with Nox & Ogrest.
2. Building him up as the ultimate charismatic cult leader only to have his followers abandon him immediately during the climax.
3. Trying to add the retarded Eli0trope lore to the series.
4. The fucking time travel aspect when Season 1 has already established going back in time is pretty much impossible.

>established going back in time

nox attempted reverse of time, not going back in time

All three run on existential nightmares, who resorted to the most extreme solution to deal with it.

But Nox had a bit longer for the audience to learn it and care. He also had the least complex issue to deal with, and didn’t share the spotlight with lesser villains.

The true horror of Qilby’s situation needed far longer, and Oropo’s issue is built on the back of the entire mythology.

They should have just kept Echo as the main leader of the BoF.

Because Nox was the first thing showed in the show, also his motivations were really relatable, not to mention his awsome powers and character design.

Quilby was cool too, but since he's a selatrope there is nothing he can do that Yugo can't

Yugo is the only true villain

Nox's actions made more sense and were more justifiable.

well Orololo was a thing

>Oreo
Proxy of God-King

Yugo a shit.

Breath of Fire?

Brotherhood of the Forgotten.

>TFW we will never have a single player wakfu/dofus rpg.

Why did Adamai become Frieza?

He's like 23.

Attached: adamai.png (442x760, 222K)

Can't wait for him to his 40

why is evil quilby so hot

Because the "I just want to be with the people I love" shtick was only good the first time around. It just got boring after that and showed that Tot was a one trick pony when it came to writing the main villains' motivations.
Rushu should have been the main villain of season 2. The fact that he was so openly and one-dimensionally evil made for a great contrast to the other villains. He was actually pretty interesting and likable for it.

Season 2 villain should've been Eva, slowly losing her mind while she tries to bring Tristepin back.

This could unironically have worked.

I liked quilby more than nox

You’re liking things wrong stupid.

Quilby should have begun making his play earlier in the series. Yeah Nox was put on a backburner until later on but at least he was considered a threat the entire way through. Quilby's heel turn, while expected, took too long for him to feel like he was important and the mishmash of Sufokia and Rushu at the end made him feel like a loose end that had to be tied up even if he was the one who set Rushu into motion.

Echo was much more charismatic. Oropo has too much baggage to be relatable.

While that would have been interesting (unlike adamai, people like Eva and it would have been hard to see her become a bad guy), it's probably too dark.

Not a bad idea. At the very least it would have been able to satisfy Tot's style of character writing. Although to work he would have had to have done a better job of it than Adamai's half-assed decent into villainy.

It probably would have also given better options for her co-operating with the shushus as well, instead of Qilby's "I'm just toying with them lol".
I can envision a storyline wherein she's reluctantly working with a dishonest Rubilax and Rushu, whom are just fucking with her so that they can use her to find a way into the world of 12 and then discard her. She becomes more and more insane and villainous over time, which ultimately leads to her defeating the shushus herself in a surprise Machiavellian betrayal as her final step towards becoming Queen Bitch or something. She finally breaks when she realizes there was never a way to get Pinpin back and Rushu was lying the whole time.

Hell, it would have ticked all the boxes for what Tot tried to do with Qilby.
>Does not begin as a villain
>Primary motive is to be with their loved ones
>Is insane
>Is personally linked to the main characters due to backstory

It is very rare to find a villain as compelling as Nox, especially among French animu knock-offs which a heavy focus on waifu-ism.

No one expected Wakfu to work (at least that's how I remember it) and the biggest reason it worked so well was because of the lighting that was Nox. They tried to bottle it, and since they had the same writers that wrote Nox (presumably) they didn't completely fail, but it wasn't good enough.

To add to this, Rushu dies laughing at her, having committed the greatest act of destruction he could have ever hoped for.

Two or three of the writers left after season one, one of them because of arguments with Tot, so they didn't have the same fire as before.

I want phat Sadidass on my face.

Attached: 1499814944421.png (1084x1600, 567K)