How would you do her in the MCU without the "white woman in magic yellowface" angle?

How would you do her in the MCU without the "white woman in magic yellowface" angle?

Attached: psylocke.png (1595x2044, 632K)

>How would you do her

with muh dick

Just make her asian.

Wow, that was quick.

Just make her be Captain Britain's half sister, or be adopted. Boom, problem solved.

they're not going to include her and imma laugh.

I wouldn't do that, because I don't hate comic books

Exactly like the comics, Liz is Captain Britain and Kwannon is Psylocke

This. Most people don't even know her name, nor do they know Captain Britain is her brother. Just introduce Betsy as white Betsy and Kwannon as Psylock. Simple.

Or, if you want the best of both worlds, have her Asian who grew up in England so we get the sexy accent. Maybe give her mixed heritage.

I’d have her to the “totality of my psychic powers”schtick at least once per minute and yes that includes popping into scenes that have nothing to do with her. Also, I would cast Gabourey Sidibe and make sure to get her a costume faithful to whatever comics getup was the sluttiest. Then I’d sell the bodies of the fatalities as halal lamb meat in Saudi Arabia.

>Most people don't even know her name, nor do they know Captain Britain is her brother.
While this is true, "just make her asian" won't fix shit.
Spiral named her Psylocke back when she was still Brian's little blind sister using other people's eyes to see. It's the Kwannon/ninja bullshit that ruins her as a character but that's the only shit people know her for because fucking ninjas n shit.

Shit, fuck it.
Just make her asian.
I'm sure one of them Harry Potter bitches speak British.

Just give Olivia Munn the role back

>Or, if you want the best of both worlds, have her Asian who grew up in England so we get the sexy accent. Maybe give her mixed heritage.
This. I actually wrote up an AU where she was hafu; English father, Japanese mother. Betsy is raised on the Braddock estate in England alongside Brian, who becomes her half brother.
There could be a lot of themes about being torn between two sides of her heritage which I feel is fitting in Current Year.

Thats pretty gud actually. Best of both worlds.

Make her an adopted sibling if you need to keep her related to the Braddocks.

Make her a half breed so that Captain brit is still her brother.

captain britain's half sister

>that time he pretended she wasn't his sister because "lol does she look like my sister?" that she still hasn't forgotten

Exactly. How hard is that

this. It's that simple.

Why are you retards saying half-sister?
They aren't just siblings, they're twins.

That was mean though

if a woman fucks two men in the same week its possible for her to have twins who have different fathers

thats how you see those twins where one is black and the other is white

maybe thats just as convoluted as the body swapping stuff though...

Umm like they are doing in the comics? Cap Brit and Kwaaon are split

Kids are mean.

Make her a weaboo.

they share the body instead of liz taking it

Just make her straight up Asian and cast Kaho Shibuya.

By ignoring anything you've said and instead do the 'white woman in magic yellowface' angle.

Problem here is Psylocke is Betsy's name.

Juts make her my femdom, crushing my face with her ass every day all-day, sitting in my face 24 hours

Attached: PSYLOCKE BIG AND FAT ASS.webm (1280x720, 1.97M)

>if a woman fucks two men in the same week its possible for her to have twins who have different fathers
>thats how you see those twins where one is black and the other is white
that only happens if the parents are multiracial; humans aren’t dogs

>They aren't just siblings, they're twins.
This.

>they share the body instead of liz taking it
I like this.

A good way to go.

>they share the body instead of liz taking it
but that's Rogue's shtick.

Rogue doesn't really share bodies she absorbs pseudo identities.

Just let ScarJo play her in yellowface.
May as well do it all the way.

Black

How about Zhang Zi-Yi for the role?

Attached: ouif2UzL9cWl20bFYYpQjW0WR0m.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

I'm gonna be honest... I'm such a damn casual I thought she WAS Asian already and it was mostly artstyle that made it hard to tell.

Then again, three main things I saw her in was X-men the last stand, marvel vs. capcom 1 (think, I know she was in one marvel vs. game), and comic panels from the Leifield era where everyone's got small eyes.

Considering MCU is pushing diversity, she's kind of guaranteed to be in the lineup, right? After they make Jean grey black, I mean.

Hell no, she took one too many bog pills

>I'm such a damn casual I thought she WAS Asian already and it was mostly artstyle that made it hard to tell.
Her body was Asian, so yeah

Yeah but the question is do they cast her as Elizabeth Braddock or Kwannon?

It'd have to be Kwannon, with no Elizabeth Braddock aspect. Because that would be cultural misappropriation.

Nobody cares about these made up offenses except the professional outrage seekers.

Even if PC culture wasn't in vogue, I get the feeling they'd do that anyway. If only because "English noblewoman whose mind was put in some asian ninja woman's body" is peak dumb comic's shit that the mainstream movies are a bit too afraid to just dump on the audience's lap when introducing a character. Psylocke didn't even have a backstory in Apocalypse, right?

She didn't have a backstory but it was Elizabeth Braddock not Kwannon.

Rogue was sharing her body with Carol Danver's psyche. Peter Parker is a pseudo identity.

I don't know how that is supposed to work really, Carol Danvers physically at the same time as Carol Danvers as part of Rogue.

If they want an asian they should pick an actual asian like Sunfire, Surge, or Armor.

you mean irrelevant characters who all belong to the X-Men?

Shang-Chi is Marvel's most prominent Asian SOLO character.

>Sunfire
Could Sunfire’s concept even work today? Since he’s the nationalistic son of a Hiroshima victim who wants revenge for Japan’s defeat in WWII.

jean grey is box office poison and will never be seen again

With someone who is a white/asian blend
Wait, that already happened.

she's made for facesitting, seriously her ass is a God's gift, that's her superpower, that ASS THAT PERFECT AND FAT ASS

So if her and her brother fuck in that body is it incest?

Why do they have to change characters when we have plenty of diversity now characters in comics?

most movies are in name only adaptions every other way

Jubilee is going to be the main mutant in the MCU

The main point of his arc works fine, don't get obsessed with the past and learn to move on. If Caps nationalistic WWII origin still works for him then it should be fine to have for Sunfire too.

That or just mixed considering that her most recent body was Eurasia. That way, you get Asian Psylocke and Brian can still be white

If it’s the original body swap body, no. If it’s the body Jamie created for her, yes

I seriously don't understand how "British psychic who got her brained scooped out and plopped in a ninja's body" became to complicated for people.

Attached: 3eb410adfa9d84027a65a8df30b0d04b.gif (190x207, 48K)

Because comic readers aren't the mainstream audience they are trying to appeal to now.

>performance by Anri Okita

Adopted into the Bradok family and Kwannon is her long lost twin sister

Okay but it takes like two seconds to explain this shit away. This shit ain't complicated. Every show ever has done a mind swap episode.

The people who read comics are the ones watching those shows. You have no idea how difficult it was to explain a groundhogs day loop to my ex.

>How would you do her in the MCU
The purple parts of her costume are body paint, so she's running around naked except for a sash.
Oh, and cast an Asian actress. But mostly that first part.

Make her Asian, but subtly imply that isn't her original body via offhand dialogue and small character moments.

Half-breed! That's all I ever heard

Shes Caps half sister, she's had psy powers all along and is a ninja because she was an ex shield agent or something. Ex shield is the MCU magic card to explain anything.

It's not "complicated," it's just so completely out of wack from normal story telling to most people that they won't accept it easily. Their immediate reaction will be "Why did this happen?" And not "what happened in the story for this to occur," but "why the fuck was this something a writer wanted to have happen?" They simply won't accept it as a legitimate, serious story telling point. You'd only be able to sell it to them as part of a kind of satire of how goofy comicbooks get or if you actually just recreate the whole chain of events leading up to it over multiple stories. You couldn't just plop it in to an otherwise serious X-Men story as her first introduction.

Jean is poison sales. Emma is the one that gets blacked.

One of the most popular characters in the franchise is a talking Raccoon.

What?

If they just left her white and never called her Psylocke would any normalfag notice?

No pleb knows who psylock is. Most of Yea Forums only knows her from the games.

People are fine with talking animals. Again, it's not really about how logical or illogical it is, it's just about what audiences have grown used to seeing put forward as "normal" in a story. In fact, "talking Raccoon whose partner is a talking tree but the tree can only say a three word sentence" was specifically a selling point of how weird and out of whack GotW was. Psylocke's backstory is also specifically the kind of weird where someone goes "wait, there's a reason for this, isn't there?" It's going to seem not just weird to people, but a weird where the audience won't accept it as par for the course of the other kind of weird in an X-Man movie. Except in the context of the whole movie specifically being wackier and more off the walls than a usual X-Man movie.

I too saw that youtube video

>if you actually just recreate the whole chain of events leading up to it over multiple stories.
This is what I'd really want to see you could have her played as a British actress for several films and the drop the Siege Perilous event and have her played by an Asian actress, it would be impacting but maybe a bot too horrific in a rapey kind of way for a mainstream disney audience?

Make her so far down the "modified person" tube that at least 70% of her body is cybernetics and she doesn't read as any ethnic group.

Nigger I'm chinese, and I'd just make her white

>b-but muh diversity
Nobody actually cares about diversity outside of America outside of mild, blink-and-you'll-miss it patriotism for shit on the level of late series Bayformers pandering. In fact my culture's invented a whole new insult to label idiots who take it seriously. Besides, the MCU got away with making the Ancient One a bald white woman and nobody here actually cares one way or the other.

Actually jesus, reading this whole thread it's ridiculous y'all think anyone outside America would care this much about a white woman in yellowface.

Listen to more Oldies.

Course they would this kind of thing is prime bait for professional outrage seekers.

An anti mutant bioweapon meant to attack the X gene, instead scrambles her genetics. Causing a secondary mutation that makes her appear easr asian.

Yeah it's honestly fucking baffling they did the whole "revert her to white" thing. Psylocke is a character that normal people only know because she looks cool. 99% of people just assumed she's Asian anyway.

>baffling they did the whole "revert her to white" thing.
Jim Zub's retarded idea.

They already fixed Psylocke, haven't you been paying attention. They gave gave Betsy her own body and her old codename back now we all can enjoy Psylocke as an asian ninja guilt free.

We won

They should do big hero six except it's made from already existing Japanese heroes
Sunfire
Silver Samurai
Psylocke
Armor
Surge
And Daken

She's a side character, giving her a backstory with that much detail feels unnecessary when everyone just thinks of her as a psychic ninja

You don't even need to get into the exact details. Set up a subplot of her looking for Kwannon, but only allude to her reasons outside of deadpan statements of "It's complicated". Casual minds will be blown when the reveal happens.

Why not just bring Hiro and betamax into the mcu?

Because Disney went so far to distance BH6 from Marvel that the brand isn't even credited in the movie

I never understood why. It doesn't have to be in the primeverse.

>Psylocke as an asian ninja guilt free.
Doesn't make sense she takes somebody else's name, Kwannon code name is Revanche.

>Kwannon code name is Revanche.
And that's another thing
what the fuck are these names??

Well they're going to build Kwannon from the ground up, she's still the best option to break into the Asian market

What do you mean? Revanche is French for revenge.

Betsy = Captain Brexit
Kwannon = Psylocke

By the will of the Shogun our lord and savior Hick-Man has blessed us all.

Attached: 1WreJ2qx6MKn7aQh3XAG57g.jpg (849x565, 66K)