Yeah, this sure is a good casting

Yeah, this sure is a good casting.

Attached: 0CF67BAD-048D-4D4F-BCE7-079D2A5F3413.png (479x466, 365K)

>Implying you actually care

Nobody cares about the original character.
Ikaris and Sersei are the only Eternals that matter

>make the samurai character a Indian comedian

Okay.

They can cast anything they want because no one give a shit about Eternal before mcu.

Thena,Ikarus, and Sersi are the most important Eternals in any Eternals book and Ikarus and Sersi are the only ones that get used outside an Eternals book.

That’s one ugly black man.

Yeah I mean thank god they're casting either Angelina Jolie or better yet Salma Hayak as Sersei the sexy sexpot.
Oh wait Jolie is actually paying some bland Eternal named "Thena" and Hayak is played a gender-swapped Ajak. She says:
>I’m so excited to join the Marvel family as Ajak, the mother of all Eternals. It used to be the father of all Eternals, but girls... this is OUR time!!!!
Oh great.
Really wow.
Also it seems to be in Hayak's contract that she's not allowed to show cleavage for the next two years because Disney wouldn't want to invite the male gaze.

Meh, either way we’re finally getting another speedster after Age of Jltron.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Did they gender swap Sersei into a twink?

>They can cast anything they want because they have a trillion-dollar budget and a bunch of zombies online to slime anyone who disagrees.
FTFY

What's the point of genderswapping Ajak and giving him Zuras's role instead of just swapping Zuras?

>I’m a simple man, I see Marvel and I like

Why the fuck do they keep doing this? Aren't there other black female characters she can represent in other movies?

Jolie as Thena could be cool depending on who plays Kro but yeah fuck the rest of it I'm out

Big OOF

Attached: 031EE4EF-DC47-4708-BA44-72FCBB1349EC.jpg (960x1200, 296K)

LOL

Predictable. /co is a joke thanks to the likes of you user

Attached: 31499085-187C-4FE9-A986-F55E9ECEAF31.jpg (750x589, 438K)

They are trying to wipe out Gingervitius.

Keep it in one thread. Nobody cares.

Yeah it is actually lol Relax you moron

>main character is still a squarejaw blond blue eyed white guy
Why are we mad again? Also who is playing Sersi?

Why isn't the east asian actor playing the samurai
Why is a fat guy playing Phastos
Angelina is too old to play Thena
Why does Kumail have a career

No matter what "side" you're on, a grown man getting triggered is fucking pathetic.

Not really, its those 3 and Makkari, Makkari has been a supporting character in other books, like Quasar.

We can't complain about the swapping being some kind of white thing in this movie, they changed other ethnicities also like Kingo.

>main character is still a squarejaw blond blue eyed white guy
He gonna be the gay one.

>Black guy playing "Fasto"
HOLY FUCK MY SIDES

what if they respected the source material

>red hair

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!

Attached: GingerGenocide.jpg (484x1024, 118K)

>what if they respected the source material
I'm pretty sure that 99% of Yea Forums hasn't read Jack Kirby's Eternals. A few might have leafed through Gaiman's Eternals at the store.

Why is it always mulattos they replace gingers with?

>wanting a Korean actor to play a Japanese style character
>especially now with flared tensions between the two countries

This. 99% of this board never heard of Eternals before the movie announcements. No storytime. No "whose your favorite Eternal." Just a bunch of race baiting /pol/tards. This is why this board is a fucking joke.

Oh look Yea Forumsmblr trying to silence any annoyance about race swapping. They can't keep getting away with this.

Can you give an actual reason why the race of the character matters? How does changing a characters race, with rare exceptions, mess with what is known about the character?

Take your time rubbing those 2 brain cells together. We'll wait.

I personally see no problem with racebending, but genderbending is another story, since that does change a lot about a character.

>It's totally acceptable to race swap any and all when it's a white character but whenever it's another race some bullshit about character background ensues.

I've read Eternals but I also don't care about the movie, which I imagine is the case for anyone that bothered with the comics. I'm honestly shocked there's even an Eternals movie at all. Kind of random.

Like you give an ounce of shit. You just like to complain because that's all your good at on an anonymous chat board

What the fuck, is being a white male a crime or some shit? I ain't even a white male but this is ridiculous as fuck. I can see a few race swaps but genderswapping everyone is fucking retarded.

Cry more.

Gilgamesh is pretty important. I mean he was an Avenger and depressed friend of Herc's in his recent run. I'm actually okay with is casting though since I liked the actor in Train of Busan.

That's awfully redudant

this is an english speaking board

Isnt Hercules in The movie? He is canonically gay

That's right, it was made illegal yesterday. Report to your nearest police station to have your balls removed and sex change operations date scheduled.

Would you honestly be okay if Kingo was white..... oh wait they made him an Indian for some reason. Why does that unfunny hack keep getting work?

>MCU X-Men
>Jean is black
Cap this post

>xmen
Tjat name isbproblematic

>X-Men
Nice try misogynist. The movie will either be called Mutants, or X-Women unite!

bingo appropriating other people's culture is racist but not white people's culture because they don't have a culture which is why we're trying to take your rich culture from you

/thread

It’s almost like no body actually cares or something... hmmmmm. It’s almost like niche online noise is completely irrelevant. HmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMmmmmmmMmMMMm

... What? What are you even trying to say here my guy. Seriously tho. Wut.

That doesn't matter because I HAVE read most of Kirbys cosmic work for the big two and I am legitimately annoyed

>I ain even uh wy male
oh wow really, you don't say?

that's exactly the point, the mental gymnastics are incredible
also this is an english board nigger

Anyone from outside the region can't tell the difference and it'd start fistfights in Korea and Japan win-win.

Bi

The actor is rumored to be as well

>casting unattractive or old actors.

why

Hollywood and various libshittery interests see only white middle class America and conveniently forget about the rest of the world. White culture is probably the richest, most diverse, nuanced in the world.
It's time someone did something about this subversive agenda.

>depressed friend of Herc's in his recent run
Oh, I thought that was the hero of mythic Gilgamesh not the eternal.

Yes I know the eternal inspired the gods and mythical heroes of Earth but shut up you know what I mean

>gilgamesh
>an asian guy

couldn't they have cast someone ot middle eastern origins? I know that I shouldn't expect Americans to know anything about cultures and geography outside of their country, but still, he's a quite popular guy

Ok make Luke Cage an asian, Black Panther a white guy, and Storm a native american. It don't matter right.

Attached: Girugamesh.jpg (241x209, 5K)

>Predictable.
Yup. Yea Forumsntrarians gonna Yea Forumsntrarian.

why?

You first.

Like you give an ounce of shit. You just like to complain because that's all your good at on an anonymous chat board :3

Nice bait fag. Nobody gives a shit about the source material for this movie. Eternals are Z-list, bottom of the barrel.

This is a joke, right? holy shit

>White culture is probably the richest, most diverse, nuanced in the world.
that's in part because white people are creatively prolific and in part because there isn't a single coherent white culture, not even in the us

before this movie was announced not a single person on the planet has heard of the eternals. it might as well be an original concept. none of you fat fucks give a fuck about this source material.

>there isn't a single coherent white culture
Imbecilic and retard pilled.

>mfw i've been on Yea Forums since 2008 and this is an even bigger bullshit outcry of NOT MUH since Guardians' first trailer dropped
You never read the comic. No one did.

that's probably the idea
>surely there will be no backlash for our racebaiting if we use literally who this time

ad hominems aren't an argument try harder next time

This. Phase 4 exists to pander.

user I don't need to make an 'argument' you literally dribbled textual diarrhea on to the keyboard of your own volition.

To be fair the lack of threads is mostly likely due to Eternals being barely in comics for over a decade.

I won't lie and say I am a huge Eternals fan but I am a Jack Kirby fan so I have read his failed run. Seemed very much like his New Gods, was good just I have read it before.

But your argument is false. Just because people don't know the source material doesn't mean you should freely change it. How many people know the Battle of Hastings? Should we change the characters there? Also I was excited to direct some of my friends and acquaintances to Kirby's run to give them an idea of the movie. Can't do that now.

I don't care for the most part, I am just upset that Kingo is a talentless hack and was casted purely on his race. I think Selma should have been Sersi instead of Ajak, and Angelina Jolie should just not be in this movie.

>Yea Forumsmblr thinks this is fine
Another irredeemably doomed board I see.

you sure don't, but you'll have to come to terms with being wrong at some point

kirby and gaiman run will probably still be a good approximation of the movie. they're still retaining the celestials creating eternals to fight deviants. it's going to be heavy kirby, accordng to feige.

you have a valid argument in saying that even if source material is unknown, it should still be treated with respect. eternals is supposed to be the minority checklist movie though, so you won't get your wish. my original point was towards instigating fags who don't share the same sentiments as you.

Fair enough. I get what you are saying. People shouldn't use source material they have never read before as a defense to hate for hate's sake. I am a little peeved at Ajak switch but I like Selma so I will keep an open mind. Don't care about the rest especially since Gilgamesh actor was kino in Train to Busan.

Makkari in the Neil Gaiman/ John Romita Jr. miniseries was like ambiguously brown, vaguely Egyptian and Mediterranean like. No one complained- obviously it wasn't as drastic a change as a gender flip.

Attached: Eternals_makkari.png (1006x616, 1.01M)

"But Bobby... I'm black."

i hope you enjoy the movie. i have a feeling kirby fans will find it enjoyable. hoping for a lot of weird cosmic pantheon type stuff.

Really? Why tho? It’s fine. Seriously. None of you fucks even knew what the Eternals was last week and you know it.

This. Doesn’t determine whether or not it’ll be good or bad tho. Could be great. Could be whatever.

contrary to popular belief less people have read Gaiman Eternals than Kirby Eternals or just seeing the Eternals cameo in another book.

because if you're going to stray that far from the source material, why not make an original work?

>you sure don't
You agree I don't need to make an 'argument' to counter the textual diarrhea you literally dribbled on the keyboard of your own volition.
Great! Glad we agree.
> but you'll have to come to terms with being wrong at some point
Well it hasn't happened yet.

>why not make an original work?

making originally shit will upset comic purists. they want to, though, so this is the next best thing.

I agree that you don't have to.make an argument. and you're still not. Keep trying though, with a lot of luck you might just have a rational thought.

>making originally shit will upset comic purists
doing what they did in the OP will also upset comic purists, so i don't see why they wouldn't just make original content if they really wanted to.

>doing what they did in the OP will also upset comic purists

not NEARLY as much. gender/race-swapping is relatively common.

but if mcu added totally original shit this board would fucking implode.

Bet you're female bet you're also a yank. Am I right?

That is one busted nog.

Jolie and Hayek are in their fucking 50's dude

Alright, let's keep tumbling down this slippery slope until they do it to your favorite franchise.

They've already been fucked up. Whose hasn't at this point?
Hell, mine was decades ago, and taught me right away not to ever care about it anymore.

It's what let me just sit back and laugh at Dragonball Evolution.

Attached: Meet_the_stars_of_Animorphs_front_cover.jpg (1579x2281, 1.2M)

>Ikaris and Sersei are the only Eternals that matter

Makkari matters as well. He's right after them as the the top known Eternals.

didn't Ajak get mistaken for Quetzelcoatl or something like that? It may be why they cast a Latina actress

no he isn't. They said it's going to be a love story between him and Sersi.

something like that but it was the Incas

Attached: inca clothes.jpg (988x1500, 537K)

this may be why they cast Salma in the role, and Im okay with it.

Regarding Makkari, I could care less about the race swapping and more about the fact that they are making the character deaf.

God it's been years since I've seen that.

>I’m so excited to join the Marvel family as Ajak, the mother of all Eternals. It used to be the father of all Eternals, but girls... this is OUR time!!!
It's YOUR time... to do what? To be mothers?

Is Salma Hayek advocating for family values or something?

Only Ikaris isn't a miscast. Old woman playing Thena. Indian playing a samurai. Black Brie Larson playing Makkari. Fat black man playing Phastos. Old woman playing Ajak. Short and old man playing a giant like Gilgamesh.

Remember Yea Forums, it's bad and pathetic and childish to complain about things you don't like

Unless you complain about things that mainstream media complains about. Then it's okay

How do you know of they're a miscast of the movie isn't out yet

Eternals are immortal cosmic gods in their physical prime. The fact that they hired a bunch of old aging actors to play immortals is already a miscast.

Attached: Celestial insult.jpg (1226x459, 65K)

>Suddenly Makkari has fans
Oh shut the fuck up, NOBODY cares
It's not even a GotG case since they actually had a bunch of iconic stories under DnA before the movies, literally nobody gave a shit about the Eternals before the movie was announced
ffs

That doesn't make them a miscast just because you dont personally like how the actors look.

Perhaps a movie adaptation should be designed in a way to introduce more people to the characters, especially the less well known ones, rather than just totally replacing them?

So you would be fine with Tommy Lee Jones playing T'challa/Black Panther? Because according to you, the actor's appearance doesn't matter.

Comic illiterate here. What’s the big deal with the Eternals?

If she gets cleavage like that in her superhero costume, I'm game

why?

What cleavage? She is flat as a board. A fat kid have bigger breasts than her.

Jolie playing Thena makes sense, shes still hot albit older and shes suppose to act as the older sibling to Ikaris since her father Zuras adopted him in the comics.

>Black Brie Larson
Brie Larson is deaf?

If we're pushing for social justice bucks, then blacks are 12% of the US population, while gingers are only 2%.
Can't someone please think of the poor, pasty, freckled red heads?

Discrimination is only discrimination when its against the privilege blacks that totally did nothing wrong and not the suspect of a crime.