Now that dust has settled

Now that dust has settled
Was Amazing World of Gumball really a good show?

Attached: 5xsu2jam-720.jpg (720x406, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grammarly.com/blog/loose-lose/
grammar.com/canon_vs._cannon
grammarly.com/blog/principle-principal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Pixelated male nudity, naked butts, meme faces and anime references: The show.
Nope, I'm glad this trash is over.

Attached: 1446763760796.jpg (511x559, 73K)

not overall

It was decent

best show on TV at the time

it was fun.

It was great when it wasn't reliant on meta humor and Gumball still had the innocence and optimism that contrasted with his bad luck, the early seasons Wattersons art style was way better too

idk but teri was a good girl

Attached: teri wave.png (1280x1083, 160K)

This. The show turned to trash around the time they started making cheap references to memes and other stupid shit that didn't belong in the show like that whole retarded "check your privilege" episode.

Only seasons 2-4

1-4*

Fuck no.

not great, not terrible

Necrobumper

3.6 good seasons, not great not terrible

Gumball is actually the home-world of Bill Cipher.
Rob, after getting sent in between the cracks of his own universe. This dimension encapsulates him while he slowly looses his mind in the weirdness. His realization of him being a cartoon character, causes a fourth wall break so massive that his target audience loose interest in Gumballs world. Thus ironically 'causing a fire' that 'he is to blame' for and ending the show. His only crime was acknowledging he was a creation.

Sixty degrees that come in threes.
Watches from within birch trees.
Saw his own dimension burn.
Misses home and can't return.
Says he's happy. He's a liar.
Blame the arson for the fire.
If he wants to shirk the blame,
He'll have to invoke my name.
One way to absolve his crime.
A different form, a different time.

Here he stews, with broken pieces of his dimension and vague broken semblances of his friends. Every day, forgetting more and more what they look like, barely able to cohere anything without sacrificing its identity for the power. He realizes he cannot escape unless he can eschew some power over someone else's universe, or lose even himself to the abyss, so he throws a last prayer to his animators. He is anchored in another show, in another time, opening a portal into Gravity Falls and becoming Bill Cipher as a coping method to deal with the nothing he has become. This also explains why he is from a different dimension, he came from Gumballs 2.5D world and every time he "summons" a weird entity he is trying to piece back together the fully de-cohered remains of his original worlds "friends".

His weird demeanor a hopeless broken manifestation of Robs original singular eye.
The Tragedy of Cipher Lore.

Attached: C0lArtzRuinzEverything.png (650x225, 181K)

I loved the whole show. I also loved all of adventure time so maybe I'm just a tasteless faggot.

teri was the only good thing and they wrote her badly

Ban evading, as always, right?

Attached: 1563674420600.png (1024x1024, 44K)

>while he slowly looses his mind

grammarly.com/blog/loose-lose/

new headcannon accepted

>headcannon

grammar.com/canon_vs._cannon

Most episodes have at least a few good laughs. It went to shit post Penny design change.

This meme. I feel it.

Attached: lel.jpg (287x176, 8K)

Out of the 240 episodes, I think I only really liked about 100 of them. Maybe even less.
I still consider it my favorite cartoon , but that's because the moments it shined really captured and amazed me.

Attached: oh.gif (268x358, 3.49M)

>DeviantArt

Have we been watching a prequel this whole time?!?!

Attached: Wut.jpg (800x449, 44K)

What Post Penny design Change?

Penny breaking out of her shell mid season 3.
A lot of people preferred the hypothetical what-ifs than the actuality of the what transpired. Typically people have problems with her subversive new design, her relevancy, and how her character dynamic is handled following season 3 whenever she actually does show up.

Yes.

How come?

Agreed.

The truth hurts you,doesn't it?

It went to shit when they started doing this face

Attached: gumballface.jpg (388x412, 24K)

Home Movies was the right answer

Home Movies is from the '00s.
Gumball is from the '10s.

Right around the time Penny came out of the shell.

How can you tell?

Because Amphibia a shit.

About half of the jokes on an episode aren't even remotely related to the episode topic itself, and at certain points it starts to feel like the writers just pad it out with whatever they pull out of their gags depot and spitball *just* before said gag stops being effective. Not that are in any big way, either.
>Gumball blows on his thumb and his tail pops.
>Ok we'll put that it, good thinking.
>Then Darwin asks 'Are you okay?', and he replies with 'Im
Okay'. Then they [do something in line with the topic of episode], and as both walk away, he starts deflating.
>Then Darwin goes 'You look like [X CHARACTER].'

And when they run out of these types of jokes, they head into 'Guys we also know the internet' reference territory. Principal Brown being a closet furry, SJWs, internet slang, etc. And when it's not one of those two, it's just some random shit they phoned in so people could go OMG HOW DID THEY GET THIS PAST CENSORS. Nicole going on about 'You would be fine back in the day if you were a man, and not a minority' on one of the episodes. Like, they didn't even play with it, they just shoved that in for shock value.

Overall it was a decent show. It tried to be witty and meta WAY hard, but those two things alone don't amount to actual funny, seizable humor. You can tell the writers were halfway between 'We don't care' and 'We do but we'd rather be writing adult shows instead'.

Attached: survivor.jpg (1260x706, 632K)

100% this. this show is going to age like dogshit.

also you should've mentioned how the show is on permanent sugar rush 24/7. you don't find the time to react to anything accordingly.

I really fucking hate what has happened with Principle Brown so much. That season 3 episode where he gets caught with a forged diploma is a good episode, but the whole "I have done shady things" thing became the basis of his entire character then on. His retardation in the later seasons is prime example of how skewed these characters have become over their initial appearances.

>Principle Brown

grammarly.com/blog/principle-principal/

>every time someone mentions Gumball
was it autism

I enjoyed it, it was fun to watch with my brothers and the newer episodes were very hit or miss, but were still enjoyable. And the first seasons were fun, with the more innocent jokes.

Was that a fart joke?

the correct answer

this ain't plebbit.

Incredibly fair assessments.

>be me, 11 y/o when the show came out, thinking this was the bet shit o ever be on screen
>be me now, 20 y/o and watching the show lose its charm and gumball's eyes being replaced with those soulless round ones.

it could have been good, user, but it missed that mark by a mile.

>>be me, 11 y/o when the show came out, thinking this was the bet shit TO ever be on screen

fuck, my spelling.