62 vs 240

I know it’s Disney vs Disney but when you consider this fact and a more full market it’s not even close. Even with inflation. That’s insane. I doubt EndGame will ever be passed before theatres in general die due to new media.

Absolutely insane.

Attached: 185599F2-7155-4F7E-8785-044576F60A92.jpg (1080x928, 136K)

Everyone knows Endgame beat Avatar thanks to the addition of the Holk scenes. To see such a polished cinematic masterpiece restored and presented on the large screen has obviously put Cameron to shame.

Shit thread.

Avatar got six global re-release, that i know of.

Someone at Disney decided to do it just to piss James Cameron off. Since, either way, Disney owns the highest grossing film of all time. But they wanted the highest grossing film without the asterix of "acquired after it made all that money".

Plus, Cameron is notoriously a douchebag, so, they probably wanted to spit in his face for fun.

Wasn't Avatar always inflated to shit because of the 3D gimmick anyway?

Avatar was a hugely popular film that stayed in theaters because people kept seeing it. Endgame was a hugely popular front loaded film that after people saw it, you only had the ultra dedicated and those who absolutely wanted it to win, and after a couple months it was slipping away thanks to it's replacement hitting theaters, but Disney just had to be number one.

Yes. 3D cost way more when Avatar came out. It's only an extra few dollars now per ticket.

I thought so. It was 10 years ago but I'm pretty sure I remember the 3D tickets costing a shitton more. I also remember the marketing pushing DUDE YOU GOTTA SEE IT IN 3D as hard as possible.

It makes me cringe when capefags keep saying how Endgame had "huge cultural impact". Huge cultural impact how? Do you really think people will remember it after 10 years? Do you think it has an actual impact in the medium?

I'd understand if it actually was the final MCU film, but they'll keep milking it til people get bored.

You moron. We all silently agreed not to make any memes of Avatar. Just like nobody would give Leo an Oscar, and then they ruined that too.

The movie industry is always growing, there's literally more public in the endustry as time goes on, because you are subestimating 3rd world countries entering the market, hell even india alone is making up for the sales in technology becuase they just got internet, if you consider this is not even werid but expected go and see how well do bad movies do compared to a decade ago

How many film series of the last 10 years have tried to copy the MCU formula? Do you think that's just going to stop?

It wasn't rereleased because people wanted to see it, it was rereleased just because they wanted it to pass Avatar. This is the difference.

So, stop being a mindless sheep shilling hollyweird because it's not worth embarrassing yourself.

Carol really carried the final movie over the hill

>might never be passed
>not even in the top 10 with inflation
Who cares?

Just gonna leave this here.

Attached: 1563676581068.png (686x333, 37K)

Avatar was rereleasing in China for years after its theatrical run in the US. It was practically the standard opening show every time a new theater opened to show off their 3D compatibility.

So, Disney used a process that avatar movie also used to count its earning? What's the issue,there?

>Huge cultural impact how?
Endless sequels. They weren't really a mainstream thing in the US, now everyone is trying to figure out how they can get them.

Attached: 1547266905381.jpg (600x320, 130K)

>Avatar was a hugely popular film that stayed in theaters because people kept seeing it.
Yeah, the same people, seeing it over and over and over. I knew some obsessed faggot in college who saw it every weekend for three months.