How hyped are you now that this story is being adapted?

How hyped are you now that this story is being adapted?

Attached: Screenshot_20190723-012500_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 930K)

Here's the problem I have with Thor being female; Thor is just. His name. I'm fine with, like, someone who isn't Tony Stark taking up the Ironman name, or someone who isn't Steve Rogers taking up the Captain America name. They're obviously titles, not the actual character. Thor is just his regular name.

>thunderously excited

Attached: 1546810692032.jpg (514x470, 20K)

I will continue not watching the movies.

>60+ years of Thor mythology
>use the story everyone hated and said was shit to the point Marvel backtracked and killed her off

k

Attached: mq.png (313x310, 196K)

Meh, I never found Thor to be interesting, so I really don't care.

Negative hype I fucking hate the shitty story and I fucking hate everything Jason Aaron has done to ruin Thor and numerous other characters.

Writers always say shit like this, but Palmiotti was 100% right about there being nothing to get excited about if you're not being paid for them adapting your story.

Yeah that part was always just retarded. No matter how much Aaron hamfistedly cries about it in issues, Thor is not a title. Its his fucking name. What a manbaby.

Attached: RCO014_1561566979.jpg (1041x1600, 640K)

>continue to make Thor a punching bag

MCU is dead

Cause of Death: crushed beneath an incredible pile of ticket-money.

sorry my dude people fucking hate Endgame and they fucking hated Spider-Man this is the deathknell of the MCU shits over and done time to move on to the next genre.

Bring back detective movies those were fun let's do those again.

I remember back in the day, when people threw rotten fruit and eggs at stuff they hated, not wads of money.
Capitalism has gotten strange.

Attached: BIZARRO MURPHY.jpg (184x184, 7K)

Names can totally become titles, like Caesar becoming Kaiser, but they've just gone full retard off the rails. Thor gets shat on, disrespected, turned into a side character in his own. Why would anyone use the title Thor when Thor's a bitch boy, and still alive.

Wads of money are heavy yo. Someone can get knocked out.

pretty sure Yea Forums wasnt happy about it

I mean, yeah if there was a clip on them.

Sounds like something a BIGOT would say

the money doesn't matter, it's over MCU is done just need something to replace it with, anything that comes along now that isn't a superhero movie that's good will dethrone it.

It's no different than FPS being dethroned by Battle Royal once it's stale anything new that comes along will take it out, hard.

DCfags have been saying this for how many years again?

At least it is Natilie Portman. I can deal with a femversion of thor with her. I can route for her. Not brie, and not Rei from Starwars.

feels weird agreeing with this post

I know, its because Natilie is one of those actors who is actually talented and a cool girl.

what is weirder is that Natilie is fine being Thor. In the comics it wasnt.
Captain Marvel being Brie is terrible, but comic book Captain Marvel is passable.

Fuck DC this has nothing to do with those fuck up it has to do with 11 years with an awful payoff there's no undoing the damage Endgame did it's fucking over.

>because Natilie is one of those actors who is actually talented
She sure don't like to show it. Easily the weakest major actor in the first 2 Thor movies, every scene she didn't even seem to want to be there.

I'm just worried about how they're gonna make Thor unworthy of Mjolnir and how it's gonna come back from being smashed by Hela.

Is Gorr gonna show up?

Jane Foster in the movie is boring as fuck, that's why she wasn't in Ragnarok, Infinity War, or Endgame.

Does this mean Kt Dennings is coming back?

The light of hope has been lit!

I would prefer Dennings to become "Thotr". Just imagine her trying to say "Mjiaunir, to me!" *nothing happens* "Erm.. Mjallinor? Mewnir.. aww screw it. HAMMER ATTACK!"

wait is Portman going back to Marvel? I thought she didn't like it and wanted out after the second movie

Pretty hype. Another movie to make 1 billion box office to throw in incels faces

>gets beat up by big stronk woman
>hhgh marry me
Never read these comics but this seems like something a twitter/tumblr lesbian would write

>I';m going to continue to sperg about stuff I'm not watching.

>Aaron's shitfest gets a movie adaptation before any of Walt Simonson's work
What a joke

Attached: 1530461035480.jpg (782x1049, 390K)

she was in endgame.

Because she was given The Jane role. I mean she will be much better beinng a central figure.

>our fans are so STUPID lets beat up a strawman of them

Why do people do this? It's the least endearing thing a creative can do imo.

it was a deleted scene from Thor 2 with some added raccoon

>Whor gets a movie adaptation before our boy Beta Ray Bill
Maybe that's for the better.

I'm not excited at all because I know exactly how this is going to go. Thor will be an incompetent goofy mother fucker and Jane will role her eyes and clean up his mess.

That cant work, the scene we are referring to the camera stays too long on the empty couch. Or i am wrong and it was scene from 2 and they too it from an unedited reel.

They used a deleted scene for that.

well poop ok

Well you guys have been saying DC is dead for years but they have movies coming for the next 3 years at least. But what is funny is that Aquaman was so successful it killed any chance of Namor getting a film

I'm sure Aaron is elated his fetish comic is going to be on the silver screen. I'll pass.

Portman looked so uncomfortable with all of this

>t. retard who sperged out over the lion king remake

What is the opposite of hyped?

>Natalie our mommy will be back
Only good thing about this,maybe it has Beta Ray Bill and GotG too.

Zero, Endgame was a fitting end to the MCU this is just as bad a Nu Star Wars

Disillusioned?

lol men don't desserve names.

Yes, thanks. I'm disillusioned.

The thing that really gets me is Waititi down on one knee handing her the hammer. They know what they're doing, they just want everybody riled up and raging about it for the free publicity but I just don't care anymore

annoyed

>yfw it has the the "girl power pass" scene

even the liberals i know think that scene is disgusting

Pretty sure her dying of cancer was the intended ending since the beginning of the run, especially with her continued denial of treatment.

Even worse, will Gorr be a joke?

She didnt die of cancer, it was the actual end everyone saw coming.

Every time she became Whor she undid the chemo. She refused asgardian treatment because it wasnt available to other mortals (being an american doctor she would work in a system like this already, and being simply a doctor she should consider what saves the most lives, which is saving hers so she may go on and treat others), so she sacrificied herself as Whor and obviously the reward was that she gets to live after all, making her sacrifice moot basically.

>Magical Hammer undoes chemo and not just nuking her cancer just by transformation alone.

That part made no damn sense ever.

It'll be better than the comic which is all you can really ask for honestly.

Because Natalie Portman is such a massive draw.

>the money doesn't matter
Said no one who has the power to greenlight movies ever. The money is all that matters.

Executives will stomp all over the director this time instead of letting him do his own thing which made the last one successful.

Jason Aaron being commended...a godawful timeline indeed.

That's deliberate user. If it feels like they're attacking the very core part of a character, then guess what? They are.
It's all meant to deconstruct the disgusting wh*toid male hero. If he can't even have his own name, what good is he?

Means he'll get to write more. Fuck.

Her rationalizations were worse:
>if a treatment isnt available to everyone it shouldn't be available to anyone
>despite the fact that im a doctor and people depend on my continued survival
>despite the fact that i am now a cosmic level superhero and people depend on my continued survival
>guy's an asshole, must be because he's a guy

It was a logic less, self perpetuating dumpster fire.

They had Barbara Gordon pull that bullshit decades ago.

"I should not get my spine fixed because not everyone can have it, I should be a reminder to you."

Thankfully they skipped a lot of that bullshit few years back and just fixed her.

Studio executives know:
They may now produce what they themselves like or wish to promote, their underlings will make it profitable through a vast and orchestral system which includes prepping the market, appealing to people's sense of their own virtue and the manipulation of media around the production. This has been done in the past with varying success.
It is now down to an exact science.
You WILL see this movie.

Attached: 1474574172653.jpg (900x670, 81K)

I feel nothing

Lady Thor isnt doing it for me. Its like movie studios forget every character they choose for a film is a character they're not doing and Im not willing to wait for Thor 5 for anything interesting

Nah.
Those movies and their trash marketing and manipulations don't work on me.
I'll not only not see it.
I'll expose the marketing tricks and all of the people who're "shit talking it" as cheap pseudomarketing.

Hell I'm still busy with exposing guys who're shit talking the last star wars while having the audacity to talk up the force awakens in the same breath/video/paragraph

No you aren't.
You'll be so put off by this disaster that you'll simply not watch the next thor.

Also Babs is best Batgirl

I recently watched someone summarize the run. Honestly, it sounds like a cool story. The idea of the plot was interesting, but the actual dialogue in some parts is what is cringey. Notice how people only post that one fight scene between Absorbing Man and Jane.

Thor was going through an identity crisis at the time. He realized that the gods were unworthy of the praise they got from humanity, so he went on a soul-searching journey. When he found out someone was taking up the hammer, he was angry at first, but saw her skill and dedication and he was like "okay, someone needs to be Thor, and I am not worthy of my own name. You go and be Thor for people while I go on my spirit journey."

So, my analysis of this is thus: I trust Waititi to make an interesting and fun story, and the idea of Jane Foster being Thor doesn't bother me, because the storyline would have to be vastly different than what is in the commics.Thor went through an arc about not needing the hammer, and he discovered that even at his lowest, he's still worthy, so Unworthy Thor won't be happening, so they're doing their own thing.

Without a doubt this movie is going to be vastly different from Jason Aaron’s run.

Definitely curious to see who they line up as the bad guy or if they are going full on Gorr, who I’m assuming would only go by “god butcher”.

Read

It would have been easier to explain away as her naming her superhero persona "Thor" out of respect for him, since she believes mjolnor will always be "Thor's Hammer".

Look I feel you on this one, but we gotta move past this. Marvel has committed to this idea that Thor is a title and not a name. We all know it's stupid but beyond Marvel Ignoring it, they'll never walk it back

>Thor is just his regular name.
Is everyone in this thread forget Red Norvell? Or when Eric Masterson became Thor after being fused with and defused with the Original Thor?

Attached: What's In A Name.png (1528x954, 3.06M)

Except Caesar is a title from the beginning. Any new roman emperor gain the title of "Caesar" Try again, sis.

He made it clear he wasn the original, as good and that he was just a placeholder.

With Whor, Thor was made lesser, and he did nothing wrong, made no mistake, he was told something that made him less than he was, to be replaced by someone proclaimed as the best not just that ever was, but that ever will be.

It’s fun when Yea Forums has better ideas than the big two, like Jane having the power of Surtur instead

I wonder if the "looks like I'm boo boo the fool" meme will still be relevant in two years?

Sure is gonna be funny when the guy who made thor ragnarok takes the piss on female thor like he took the piss on everything else thor related.

>everyone hated
Nope, sold really well and generally had a positive reception
>to the point Marvel backtracked and killed her off
All writers who are worth there cred do this. You put the toys back on the shelf when your done playing, only adding or modifying
Morrison intended for everything to be back to normal and with Damian dead by the end of his run and Hickman said the exact same thing a week ago

If you think about it, can it possibly be worse than Aaron’s Thor?

Them doing anything with Surtur in the MCU outside of some jokes and showing up for the last 5 mins of a film would be lit but I don't see them using any of Thor's super big villains for this one. we will probably get Absorbing Man working for maybe Roxxon or something like that.

Attached: The Absorbing Man.jpg (489x640, 41K)

I was talking about comics, and they already did Surtur last film

So the reason the Dumped Thor was because she had Cancer?

You know what, yeah I agree.

oh well in that case, for me it be hilarious to see Jane become the one with pretty much burn down all of Asgard and try to kill thor after all the shit that happen and her becoming Valkyrie and what not.
>Jane you where the one to be called Thor and The one who become Valkyrie. So let me ask you this, why Jane? Why did you choose to become Surtur.
>I don't know I just wanted to see how cool I look while holding a big ass sword.

There’s actually fan art of this. Check the booru

WHY ARE WE STILL HERE, JUST TO SUFFER?

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS. FUCK ARRON'S FAGGOTRY, HIS RUN WAS SHIT OUTSIDE OF GODBUTCHER AND THEY ALREADY USED THE LINE IN RAGNAROK

Attached: bde830e8abc0764dea84cf04b6ffc51bf44855e2.jpg (600x300, 31K)

Based
>60+ years
Try thousands

So I did indeed check the The Yea Forumsllection and you are correct. This artwork looks nice.

Attached: Surtur Jane Foster.png (1024x1800, 790K)

It's like I am in hell. I thought I was done with this shitty run and then they cancel a Thor film to create this mess. It is only fitting they chose the worst female aside from Brie to play this cancerous character.

Yeah I am mad and no it has nothing to do with not wanting women in movies, it has everything to do with my favorite hero being written out of his own movie, and maybe if we are lucky being downgraded to a bit role in GOTG3. Oh and if you think Aaron's run was good you didn't read it or you are trolling. Aaron is a hack and is currently ruining the Avengers.

cope

>by the end of Endgame, Thor has stopped trying to play politics and has embraced being a roaming hero god
>joined the Guardians
>re-established Asgard and gave all responsibility to Valkyrie
>stage is set for a magical space opera, most likely involving Beta Ray Bill
>surprise, Disney has decided gays are profitable so now it's a rom-com about Valkyrie choosing a queen
>and also we're bringing back Natalie Portman to adapt one of the most widely hated runs in modern Marvel
>also Lady Sif is still nowhere to be found
I'm at literally zero excitement, and Thor has become my favorite character over these past few movies. Like I'm prolly not seeing it unless they end up pulling a Civil War and adapt a shit storyline in name/general concept only.

I don't get this meme response. Should...Should I respond back with a meme response?

>Dilate
Am I political now?

How much have you been paid for this post?

Watiti can do the Aaron stories justice especially if he uses improv like he did with Ragnorak.

seethe

Join the 41%

>Have Sex

>Nope, sold really well and generally had a positive reception

Did it really sell well? I thought it sold well at first and quickly nose-dived.

This so much. It's almost comical how good Thor Ragnarok was which can easily be attributed to lack of Jane Foster and other Earth characters from previous two movies. Thor Dark World was bad, really bad.

This.
>Thor Ragnarok is set almost entirely in space/Asgard
>drops all the boring human characters
>drops all the bland relationship drama
>focus is on comedy, adventure, and giving Thor interesting things to feel and do
>"LET'S BRING BACK ALL THAT RELATIONSHIP SHIT FOR THE SEQUEL"
It's literally like if Disney made The Force Awakens, and then in the next one they were like "guess what guys we're bringing back Jarjar and Ewoks and there's gonna be a heavy focus on trade negotiations".

Honestly that would have been better than what we got with Last Jedi.

This movie will sell billions not because it is good but because of the message. As a Thor fan I will avoid this movie much like I did with Indiana Jones 4.

What line?

not at all
portman is a decent actress but she was terrible and not interesting as jane.
add the ugly monkey they got playing valkyrie with her terrible acting.
no interest at all
only doctor strange 2 and guardians 3 seems interesting

>How hyped are you now that this story is being adapted?
Is there a negative scale of "hyped"?

>Nope, sold really well
Stop this meme. Its initial first issue sold well because it was shilled by MSM. But it dropped off to worse than previous Thor run numbers very quickly.

there is now. It is called "Portman'ed"

I mean, Tim Allen "became" Santa Claus even though that's just a name. I always assumed it was just that kind of general idea for the sake of marketing.

Attached: rs_1024x759-171116124400-1024-tim-allen-santa-clause.jpg (1024x759, 72K)

"what are you the god of again?"

This.
It's like if Yoko Ono decided to become "John Lennon"

>It would have been easier to explain away as her naming her superhero persona "Thor" out of respect for him
That's a good idea, kind of like what they did with Kamala Khan.
But Fem!Thor was created at the height of Tumblr brand radical feminism, when even female heroes who had male mentors were decried as "not independent enough". Obviously naming herself out of respect for a fucking male would not fare any better in that climate

>Or when Eric Masterson became Thor after being fused with and defused with the Original Thor?
Everyone is using Eric Masterson as some sort of justification, because we all know the 90s were a time of high quality additions to Marvel's canon coughteentonycoughclonewarscough that definitely need to be revisited more and more

"God? IT'S. SPELLED. GODDESS!"
inset spartan kick to guys groin

>Nope, sold really well and generally had a positive reception
If by "well" you mean "better than all the other cancelled titles", then sure

It wasn't abysmal, like America or Mockingbird or Angela, but it wasn't as good or memorable as Ms.Marvel or Spider-Gwen. Kind of meh on a Captain Marvel level of meh

Ironically, I remember back in 2014 Marvel Comics marketing made a big deal of "She's not a goddess! She's a god! Girls can be gods too!!!!!1!1one"

Which was ultimately not even a point in the comic afaik, so it was jsut pointless clickbait for clickbait's sake

No it outsold JMS's Thor.

well I am afraid that it will be a long time before people can just make a movie about a female hero or something and the internet won't explode with "NEW ALL POWERFUL, MUCH BETTER THAN BOY HEROES, BEAUTIFUL WITHOUT HAVING TO BE CLASSICAL HOT, HEROINE APPEARS ON THE BIG SCREEN"

Is it really that different being a god instead of a goddess? One is male and one is female..
You make a OC Donut Steel character named Thor with the same powers but a female.. She's going to be called a goddess because.. and here's the kicker tumblr.. She's a woman.
It's that simple.

Rob Liefeld's shit outsold a lot of stuff in the 90s, doesn't mean it was actually good

>the internet won't explode
It's not even "the internet" that writes that sort of tripe nowadays, it's mostly the media and a select number of Twitter blue checkmarks. Eventually regular people will get tired of this shit and stop paying attention

The only way they can get "the internet" to participate nowadays, is when they run a story about "a couple of angry misogynerds are mad about women/minorities in media, let's tell them they're wrong", and even that is slowly getting old

>Is it really that different being a god instead of a goddess? One is male and one is female..
Beats me, user. Idk what Marvel's marketing team was smoking in 2014. Apparently "goddess" is somehow worse than "god"... which has a lot of unfortunate implications, if you think about it

>It's like if Yoko Ono decided to become "John Lennon"
Gosh DAMN that is a brilliant way to put it in perspective.

>Negative hype I fucking hate the shitty story and I fucking hate everything Jason Aaron has done to ruin Thor and numerous other characters

They completely redid the story for MCU Civil War, you don't think they'll do the same here?

There's much more fun an interesting stuff they could have used, well if they hadn't already done stuff like kill off The Warriors Three.

Could have brought in Herc and gone even more fully into the Mythological side.

Attached: incredible_hercules__136 kid zeus.jpg (600x939, 156K)

Right characters like Deadpool, Cable, Prophet, Supreme, etc.

>there's no undoing the damage Endgame did it's fucking over.

kek you're delusional

That's impossible, the portrayal of the Asgardians were that of science fiction-like space aliens and not actual gods. Obviously a strategy employed to not alienate Jesusfags. Mythology of that type was never going to fly in a MCU movie.

They gradually dropped that shit and went back to back to being a more and more godlike though. Ragnarok especially, though it also destroyed Asgard and his entire supporting cast.

>characters like Deadpool
Joe Kelly

>Supreme
Alan Moore

>Prophet
Who?

I can give you Cable, he's a pretty cool character. But he's a drop of water in a sea of piss

>movie about the warriors hunting Fenris across the US never

Attached: 1558342563249.jpg (2560x1969, 2.96M)

Better than saying I have a boner.

>Warrior Three, Thor and a baby Loki wakes up in midgard
>with them lies Fenris, sleeping and half shaven
>All in a room of Vegas
>Fat-Thor open the curtains and we see that every race of the nine realms are walking normally in Vegas

Skjaldmead in Vegas: The new wolfpack
2020 in cinemas near you

Natilie Portman is a midget. Its going to laughable to see the tiny hobbit in action and trying to look threatening.

Maybe it's the writer projecting

It's their only counterargument.

It's like in Mockingbird, where civilians are murdered by a superpowered teenage criminal, and it's supposed to be funny instead of tragic because they're all strawmen who spout opinions the writer didn't agree with

Legit curious how they will write into the MCU why Thor doesn't have his hammer and Jane does.

Think they'll have Portman say "Ethics in hammer wielding"

Attached: 1481482948392.jpg (1200x1542, 575K)

I was hyped before this. Now I'm not at all

>Everyone is using Eric Masterson
How about Red Norvell then?? He was around before the 90s and was Thor. Odin even proclaimed it.

That was a completely different situation. It was pretty much a ruse by Odin to have a puny mortal killed in Thor's place

If we use the Lennon comparison, Red Novell is more like if someone hired a Lennon lookalike to pose as Lennon so he'd get shot by Mark David Chapman instead of the real John Lennnon

Yep. That's almost exactly how it went down. The girl power moment on the original page was fucking retarded.
>Ghostbusters 2016 was 3 years ago and I had hoped that it would wake people up from going woke/broke, but it didn't. We're still locked in for at least another 5 years of bullshit affirmative action.

Attached: 1375147595489.jpg (499x314, 17K)

don't care/10

No because only lifeless denizens of the internet would even understand

>We're still locked in for at least another 5 years of bullshit affirmative action.
At least 8 years of Kamala Harris presidency, you mean

He barely wants it in the MCU, he's still obsessed with Jane and there will also be some major plot reason.

The new Thor movie will adapt Aaron's storyline as much as Thor Ragnarock adapted Planet Hulk.

Natalie Portman will just pick the hammer and maybe get a Thor suit for a fight in the third act. It won't be an adaptation of his shitty cancer patient female Thor run.

>It won't be an adaptation of his shitty cancer patient female Thor run.
Straight white male pissbabies trying to cope that hard

>Kamala Harris
I don't really know what's going on with American politics, sorry. Is she replacing Hill-dawg?

Seeing as Mjolnir is dead and gone in the MCU prime universe, I would argue that whatever they end up doing with Jane won't cheapen Cap's moment or Thor's own worthiness because it will likely be a new hammer with slightly different rules.

Meanwhile, Thor doesn't care about being worthy because he knows that even in his lowest moments as Fat Thor, he was indeed still worthy. And now he prefers using Stormbreaker anyway.

>Straight white male pissbabies trying to cope that hard
I would say to return to reddit, but you're a bit much even for there. Go back to twitter I guess?

>They gradually dropped that shit and went back to back to being a more and more godlike though

They did not. We just saw the Dwarves living on a ringworld in Infinity War.

When was the last time that happened since Feige kicked out the comic book people from being able to make decisions about the movies?