THIS IS NOT REALITY

THIS IS NOT REALITY

Attached: 1563671516681.jpg (1024x1024, 56K)

oh it's real all right. mcu is on the decline, while dc is on a gradual, yet inevitable rise

Okay, Doctor Strange is one of like five movies I've ever walked out on, but I'm not gonna lie, "Doctor Strange In the Multiverse Of Madness" is a raw as all hell title.

>while dc is on a gradual, yet inevitable rise

Attached: 1563067564486.jpg (495x409, 84K)

They are backing up a dump truck of money to Hugh Jackman's house to get a Wolverine cameo

This is the best title ever.

Do you read Sutter Cane?

LMAO That’s what you get out of this? Do you have downsyndrome my guy? Jeeeeeesus. Couldn’t be more off the mark with that one.

>Captain America
>Serpent Society

Agreed. Hope it leans into that Mountains of Madness reference.

Only if Doctor Strange uses his political powers.

I liked Sorcerer Supreme, but maybe they're saving that for the third one. This is going to be so much fun. B.C. , Brie Larsen, and the rest of the Guardians of The Galaxy can carry the MCU Forward. I wonder how much Holland's Spider-Man will carry where the future takes us. Tony Stark really carried us out of post 9-11 defeatism and terrorism scare. Iron Man was a hero of our times.

>mcu is on the decline, while dc is on a gradual, yet inevitable rise
Lol no

Attached: mystrererio.gif (887x930, 181K)

thinking more Carpenter's Mouth of Madness. would also make sense with the 90s references

This jif looks like a giant fly face.

THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL HOUSE
THIS IS NOT MY ANDROID HUSBANDO

Attached: loljests.jpg (319x340, 83K)

Is Doctor Strange going to be our new movie references guy? I'm worried about the lack of Tony, he made like 90% of the movie references. Someone is gonna have to take his place.

>I'm worried about the lack of Tony, he made like 90% of the movie references.
Spiderman though...

It'll be spiderman.
Doc is going to basically be the narrator of the MCU and the one who appears occasionally in the background of MCU properties.

Hopefully in some tasteful swag suit with the eye of agamoto on a chain like it's a pocket watch.

Spiderman called ESB "that really old movie." Unless they retcon that so that he was just assuming he was talking to non-nerds I'm worried about the quality of his references.

>That edgy solo joker film

FFH just made a billy

The Joker film is the only comic book movie that I'm looking forward too.

It's all either creepy, poorly done, or fake outrage for the paid shills in media to defend and attack.

Deadpool....

I think that guy is full of shit about MCU being on the decline but I don't hate the direction DC is going. It's clear that this cinematic universe is not working out for them so they're just branching out with a bunch of inventive solo stuff that isn't required to be tonally connected. I think MCU will continue to be good for the interconnected universe while DC will be good for standalones and all those funky TV shows they like to do.

For real, If I was Scott Snyder I would be pissed af that I didn't think of calling the Dark Multierse "The Multiverse of Madness."

I dont know, I think we saw the full extent of the super hero movies all together and its just gonna keep going down.

Is too big for the MCU right now.
I'm serious.
There is no one left in the MCU outside of Samuel L Jackson that can equal him in star power.
They'll have to craft an entire movie around him to piull him in and make him PG13.

Eh? Endgame wasn't nearly as grand as I was expecting it to be, it just felt like the end of a season rather than the end of a whole universe. There are many bigger threats they can face and many more heroes to introduce. Thanos was just another villain, to the extent that they even felt they could afford to kill him off.

They just had Gylenhaal and next year Angelina Jolie is a lead for a movie

At this point the only thing that can stop the MCU is if the world erupts into nuclear war and ends Disney's ability to make movies. The machine is going to keep pumping them out for a long time. Like they don't even need them to succeed, they're working on them so far ahead of time that even if they flopped it'd be too late to cancel the next one. Not that they will flop.

Thats just course correction. Justice league flopped because they wanted Avengers level cash with no world building. Then lo and behold they do 2 solo films with new cast and they do great. Now the fans that wanked off to the solos will wank off to the collabs

Gylenhaal is a nobody and Jolie doesn't have that kind of pull anymore.

Ryan Reynolds is only known for Deadpool and Detective Pikachu didn't even make more than 500M, everyone thought it was gonna make more than 1B

>Gylenhaal is a nobody
LOL

not that guy, but what has he been in before FFH?

>all those people on Yea Forums smugly propping up Detective Pikachu like it was going to somehow topple Endgame
Would have liked to see their faces when the BO numbers came in.

Are you serious? Gyllenhaal won the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role and received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for playing Jack Twist in Ang Lee's romance Brokeback Mountain (2005). His career progressed with starring roles in the thriller Zodiac (2007), the romantic comedy Love & Other Drugs (2010), and the science fiction film Source Code (2011). He continued to gain acclaim for Denis Villeneuve's thrillers Prisoners (2013) and Enemy (2013), and he received nominations for the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his roles as a manipulative journalist in Nightcrawler (2014) and a troubled writer in Nocturnal Animals (2016).

Reminder that multiverse doesn't necessarily mean parallel timelines. Dormammu lives in an alternate dimension, meaning a multiverse was already established.

That's nice.
But that means nothing to the normies.
Hollywood types patting each other on the back with shiny awards means nothing to the average movie goer.
The mysterio role does more for his career then getting his shitter plugged by the joker on the side of a mountain ever did.

Brokeback Mountain made $178.1 million on a $14 million budget. You underestimate just how many normies saw it.

>In the Multiverse
Sound so similar to Into the Spider-verse

Also everybody my age saw Donnie Darko. It was the most emo movie of the 2000s.

>Ryan Reynolds is only known for Deadpool and Detective Pikachu
are you for fucking real?

There's a lot of these people lately, people who were only introduced to actors by superhero movies. It's sad but true. Some people had no idea who Michael Douglas was before Ant-Man.

I think he is about 16 years old.

It really is. This movie sounds like it's gonna be the most wild out of the MCU so far, if they do it right.

Attached: doctorstrange1.jpg (1000x563, 297K)

DD was a weird goddamn movie but it was fun to watch and made me go "its so deep man" when I was 17

I would call it... a separate reality.

Attached: Mysterious stew.jpg (601x799, 142K)

Just because you're a HUGE casual who didn't know Gyllenhaal before FFH doesn't mean other people were unfamiliar with him. He has been getting these prominent roles in smaller movies and killing it, so it's no surprise he went and did it again in a blockbuster (with the chance of coming back, even). Hell, even in Velvet Buzzsaw he was one of the highlights.

Oh yeah i just remembered X-men origins and that green lantern movie. Because those were huge fucking hits!

>he hasn't seen National Lampoon's Van Wilder
Go away and stay go kiddo.

Give me gloves or give me death
He's gonna have the Aaron costume isn't he

This is reality

Do you read Sutter Cane?

I understood that reference. Sam Neil was in Ragnarok, wasn't he?

>mcu is on the decline, while dc is on a gradual, yet inevitable rise

Attached: giphy (12).gif (360x240, 1.71M)

Why do I keep seeing this quote today.

Nah he'll have this. The fork design with the cape, no way he's losing it.
Besides Aaron's run wasn't good for Strange (same as Cates) and I doubt Scott Derrickson likes it because it strips away most of the mystical stuff from it in favor of a grounded style. He's definitely more of a Ditko and Englehart dude.

Attached: 1372B0A153024BFF8DF05FDB0D65C519.jpg (1859x2800, 1.11M)

Yes he was and of course you would get the obvious reference to it

No go apologize to OP for not getting his even though frankly it's just as obvious

Now go*

>"literal who?" to jake gyllenhaal
>one of the most acclaimed actors of the 2000s
>my fucking mom knows who he is
>my grandma knows who he is
Clearly you haven't watched Donnie Darko, Brokeback Mountain, Zodiac, Enemy, Nightcrawler, etc...

Attached: 1563400624295.jpg (457x457, 56K)

>Nightcrawler
From the X-Men?

No you fool.

That joke was run into the ground when the movie was out.

It actually is an adaptation of the X-Men so he's not wrong.

I'm sorry not everyone has a perfect memory of shit that happened half a decade ago because they have no life

Wow you sound like a complete fucking dumb ass for not knowing who Jake Gyllenhal is and acting like no one else does too.

Him and his sister (who was in the first two Dark Knight movies too btw) are insanely famous.

Are you 10 years old or something?

>half a decade ago
That movie came out in like 2017.

His sister was in the second one, Katie Holmes played Rachel in the first one. By the way, someone pointed out that Maggie Gyllenhaal looks like Ben Quadinaros and I can never unsee it.

You may want to check again

I did, and yes I was surprised, time flies.

To be fair the director did still make a movie in 2017, Roman J. Israel, Esq. I haven't seen it but I have heard it is sadly inferior to Nightcrawler.

didn't the script leak and it turned out to be a "TRUMP....I MEAN WAYNE IS BAD" woke sjw movie?

Get the fuck out of here comicsgater.

What 90s references?

So...we are getting a Multiverse, so, I guess the next major crossover is Secret Wars and God Emperor Doom.

>Stephen wakes up in a mental institution. Hes been rambling about nightmare dimensions and space gods ever since sustaining brain damage in that crash years ago

Would be a good Nightmare hallucination.

Yes the script did leak and I seriously doubt there's anything you losers WOULDN'T call "woke" or "sjw"

>t. Reddit

What alternate universes do you want to see in this movie? Since they said it has a horror tone I think a Marvel Zombies reference would be cool. I’m not expecting it to be super gorey and they will probably only stay there for a minute before getting the fuck out but it would be cool to see. Plus we kinda already got a reference to it with the undead Iron Man illusion in Far From Home. Alternatively they could do the Cancerverse which is a similar thing but with Eldritch horrors instead of zombies.

Attached: 6A79E5D4-5450-414F-AF6C-773F52071718.jpg (593x900, 129K)

Resetera, not even /pol/ or joking.

Looks like a death of cinema to me. I mean, mouse can literally sell shit at this point, mousecucks will eath this shit up.

I mean, we already got one.

How is Mordo going to play into the plot? They set him up as a villain in the post credits scene for the last one. I mean personally I think they should have just had Mads character in the first film be Mordo but since they didn’t go that way they have to do something with the character to make setting him up worthwhile.

Attached: E6A53F1E-54A2-4A67-AF98-691DDE00B212.jpg (392x634, 76K)

If Shuma Gorath isn't in this I'mma flip a shit

What fucking idiot whines about Resetera, a video game website, on the fucking comics board? Go away. You don't belong here.

my favorite recipe from that remains the other Strange one that just "grab whatever out of the fridge. SURPRISE YOU HAVE A MAGIC MEAL"

They still haven't used Leader and he was set up almost 10 years ago

eh, early Crossbones-style "I've come to stop you, Mordo" and then WandaVision fucks everything up and they both go "well, fuck neither of us seem to know how to fix this let's call a truce" but Mordo then fucks him over to get an intro to chaos magic but Strange anticipates it and uses Mordo's Chaos Magic for Dummies primer to fuck over Nightmare in the end.

Mordo falls into a portal and we'll see him maybe in a film or two.

Only if Julian McMahon reprises his role as Doom.

every so often when Tim Blake Nelson gets his royalty check he remembers "oh right" and then goes about his day

Leader is kind of an exception due to weird licensing issues with the Hulk that they still haven't fully sorted out. You'll notice that he hasn't had a single solo movie. I think they did some weird short comic that's canon to the MCU where Nat captured him and he's on lockdown somewhere, so that they don't have to address him until they feel like it.

We haven’t had a new solo Hulk film though. This movie is a direct sequel to the one that teased Mordo so I feel it’s likely to pay off. Honestly though I don’t think the film really needs him. Multiverse adventures with the Scarlet Witch is a much more interesting movie premise.

Hopefully Doctor Doom will be introduced in the Fantastic Four film and then Doctor Strange 3 can be a Triumph and Torment adaption.

Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom facing off against Mephisto in hell (or if Disney doesn’t allow that then an alternate dimension with a different name that just happens to look like hell) would be a fucking awesome movie.

Attached: 36ECCC35-A3A5-490F-948A-91D0C567E6D9.jpg (318x421, 38K)

Strange 3 should have Morganna Le Fey as the villain and have it crossover with Fantastic Four 2 being about Strange and Doom working together to take care of her.

>Strange 3 should have Morganna Le Fey as the villain
If Shuma isn't the main villain for Strange 3 I would eat my hat

Don't even remind me, ffs Feige

But Shuma will be the villain of the next company-wide crossover when Cancerverse invades.

Fuck cancerverse, adapt Strange Tales v2 or nothing

My parents are normies to the movie industry but they both know who Gyllenhaal is, mainly because of Brokeback Mountain and Nightcrawler.

Oh, and Southpaw, but that's just because my dad is a boomer who likes that movie

Nah, he was shit

Fucking underages don’t know him. Anyone above 40 years old know who Douglas is

>If Shuma Gorath isn't in this I'mma flip a shit
Strange's player presses a button and another MCU actor makes their cameo punching and kicking Shuma-Gorath.

Vince McMahon as Doctor Doom?

we get it you're black stop niggerposting at any time

I'm pretty sure he did have the gloves in Ragnarok

Based and Gillispilled

and you're his personal duck sucker apparently

I would take his costume in waid’s run if it has to change. Just not that aaron shit

This is like the only strange comic Yea Forums has read and I'm getting sick of seeing it posted. Piss off, this is reddit tier

Mordo was one of the best things of the first film. The idea of him being a villian fixated on obeying the natural order of magic law is so fucking good. If they don't bring him back, I'll be salty

>Brokeback Mountain
if your goal is to have people take him seriously maybe don't include that one next time

It’s a great premise for a movie though. Sometimes things are popular for a reason.

It’s pretty crucial as it shows him becoming sorcerer supreme for the first time, but yes there’s better stories starting Strange

Yeah, as much as I enjoy comics Mordo’s autism I didn’t mind the change

might as well be
at this point the only difference between capeshit and wwe is their budget

>hue hue muh gay cowboys
you sound like a retard

They love doing "ops" and shit. They are just /pol/ with a left slant. I'd really prefer if both boards would refrain from spreading their ugly taint to irrelevant boards but that's not the way it is.

98% of that post was copied directly from his Wikipedia page.

And I sincerely doubt there are many 40 year olds watching Marvel films.

they need to fire their subtitles guy

>no counter argument just name calling and strawmanning
no you do

You obviously don’t read a lot of Doctor Strange

Attached: 8E628FDC-C25E-4488-A82D-4CD81F52A51B.png (359x352, 245K)

>Doctor Doom is billed as the next biggest villain in the MCU
>Have him be teased in every single film post-credits scene
>Eventually have fake leaks that show "CODENAME: DOOM" or some shit to get marks to pop
>last movie in a multiphase buildup
>climax of the movie
>Fantastic 4, X-Men, Strange, Young Avengers, Defenders, hell get the fucking Inhumans for all I care
>go to unmask DOOM
>shot for shot remake of the reveal of the Higher Power
>have Vince McDOOM get cut off
>Entire MCU looks back into sky
>All of a sudden, a glass breaking noise plays
>Stone Cold Steve Austin's theme kicks in from the heavens
>He singlehandedly kills Vince McDOOM by giving him a stunner from orbit
>Looks at Strange and the rest of the crew
>"Gimmie a hell yeah!"
>All of the heroes in disbelief
>Theatres everywhere close due to the amount of refunds issued
>The entire MCU just swerved us
>Vince Russo was behind Kevin Feige the entire time
That's how you book the MCU, bro.

Attached: it was me austin.png (492x447, 309K)

ROFLMAO

It's kind of fucked up when you think about it, that there's going to have been a 5 year gap between Doctor Strange 1 and 2. There's a lot of Marvel movies so you don't notice but then you look at the gap between the standalones and it's like "What the fuck?"

and proudly

I have a hunch Mordo will be more of an antagonistic antihero trying to stop Strange and Wanda meddling with the chaos magic before shit hits the fan for real. They're not setting him up to be a villain. All the fucking around with the Infinity Stones must have seriously screwed with the universe's balance (not to mention the Avengers merrily abusing the time travel). Then you'll have Nightmare getting in Strange's head, Chthon will be trying to gain a foothold through Wanda and everything will culminate with a Shuma-Gorath sequel tease. The entire movie will be built around vindicating Mordo's warnings about disturbing the natural order and focus on the major themes of price and ramifications of one's actions.

I think that Marvel movies in general have been increasingly "might makes right" as of late and took some rather disturbing undetones and what better character to explore these issues than Strange?

>being proud of not reading comics on the comics board
This is what Yea Forums has come to. Unbelievable.

It was about 4 years inbetween between ants 1 and 2, so the lower profit movies tend to get less focus.

I like it, it gave Derrickson more time to work on the ideas and the script, instead of rushing it out to meet a deadline. That's a rare thing.

>Some people had no idea who Michael Douglas was before Ant-Man.

That is a goddamn lie and you know it. His lineage can last into their 100s. Kirk's still fucking alive (sort of).

Cringe

It's obvious mordo will be the one to summon the main antagonist, then will go "fuck I screwed up" and help them in the end

Pretty much standard mordo fare

Mordo spends the entire movie chasing Strange across the Multiverse, autistic screeching REEEEE MAGIC everywhere he goes. Wong kicks him in the balls at the end.

>Gylenhaal is a nobody
Oh you truly live in your own bubble.

I’m hoping he just shows up in Shang chi instead. But I’m also holding out hope that Shang chi is just an enter the dragon tournament movie with the mandarin as the big bad.

It’s Yea Forums. Half of the people here think science isn’t real. Of course they live in a bubble.

It's true though

People only do indie shit because they can't get real movies

>Multiverse of Madness
>Multiverse

MCU is Earth-199999. Mark my words Tony Stark will be back from a different universe

Either you guys missed the joke or that person just made an amazing post on accident.

I think that while Tony Stark could plausibly come back RDJ just wants to be done, so I wonder if it would be Tony Stark played by a different actor, and if that would piss people off.

I swear I would nut to infinity if this happened

Attached: 1563599364780.png (491x604, 554K)

You would nut at seeing a guy doing things?

>"I WANNA SEE BLACK WIDOW IN MY BEDROOM GETTING READY FOR A SPIT-SWAPPIN' TESSERACT-ON-A-POLE MAKEOUT MATCH WITH PROXIMA MIDNIGHT OR ELSE THIS ENTIRE BUSINESS IS GOIN' UNDER BRO"

Attached: 960.jpg (960x620, 29K)

that's the basis of how most pornography works

Cancerverse would be great, and a real nice way to set up more Cosmic stuff

GET GUILLERMO DEL TORO ON THE PHONE RIGHT FUCKING NOW

>Steve Austin as Reed
>Stacy Kiebler as Sue
>Dwayne Johnson as Ben
>Randy Orton as Johnny

Attached: b42abb35e3c7d290ebbd42c09b2f567b--excited-meme-pretty-eyes.jpg (210x229, 8K)

Lance Storm as Silver Surfer

Attached: Storm2-1040x572.jpg (1040x572, 63K)

Attached: 06768.jpg (1161x643, 103K)

I said this after I watched Endgame, but if they try to bring back Tony Stark in any way I'm probably going to quit the MCU. Too fucking lazy, too desperate for cash.

I swear to god if they do that teen Tony shit from the comics..

Dream Dimension with Sleepwalker

also hope we get an end-credit scene with Man-Thing and the Nexus of All Realities