Reminder Star killed Omnitraxus Prime, the only entity in existence who prevented the multiverse from collapsing...

Reminder Star killed Omnitraxus Prime, the only entity in existence who prevented the multiverse from collapsing. This means that every person in the Star multiverse is living on borrowed time and will eventually all be killed.

Attached: sta.png (1920x1080, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/83245743/
io9.gizmodo.com/steven-universe-is-a-show-about-fantasys-love-affair-1458060916
reddit.com/r/stevenuniverse/comments/b6rl7u/what_really_is_the_meaning_of_the_song_escapism/
twitter.com/hahahrip
shadowed-dancer.tumblr.com/post/185042447461/how-many-beings-did-star-destroy-by-destroying
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck were the writers even trying to say with the ending?

>we didn't plan this far ahead, have some shipping and a shitty racism allegory

Le ebin quirky magical girl feminist antihero

Well gee, when you put it like that.

You want to know why Between Friends is one of the only good things to come out of the show?
The real Star in the TV series is a self absorbed feminist wannabe. Area's Star actually cares about Marco beyond a physical attraction like Star has for Marco's abs. TV Star has no substance, just like her creator Daron Nefcy.

As St. John of the Cross once said,
>"Where there is no love, put love, and you will draw out love."

The very epitome of Starco's image as a cute and wholesome ship is no better personified than in Area's comic, creating an interpretation of the character that trumps canon and creates something beautiful where canon has failed to.

Attached: 1553042004863 (1).jpg (604x832, 167K)

Good.

Good. At this point it’s a mercy kill for everyone living in this embarrassment of a setting.

>Thanos was right

The writers didn't watch S1 and S2

Correction: the writers watched S1 and S2 in order to systematically ruin everything about them.

I'm not sure about that. They seemed pretty clueless. Most probably they watched Starco compilations on youtube and read some bios on wikipedia

>How do you do fell kids? Racism is totally bogus! GRRRRRL POWER!

Imagine Storm the Castle being your first and only exposure to the show.

It does a better job establishing the main characters and building the world than most of the series does.

And the last two seasons almost feel like a deliberate attempt to subvert and deconstruct it.

Attached: 209.jpg (209x209, 9K)

What about Father Time? Shouldn’t everything be frozen?

>mfw Dies Irae actually fucking happened after Yea Forums meme'd it for months

Attached: IMG_20190531_020126.jpg (1267x1635, 111K)

He wasn't created by Glossaryk. only mewni magic got destroyed

Then why is omnitraxus prime responsible for the multiverse?

How does Daron sleep at night?

We want to subvert your expectations and leave an emotional impact, NO MATTER HOW NONSENSICAL.

Because he was there and just did it.

Because... YOU FUCKING WHITE MALE

It was actually the first episode i saw, and i loved

>the only entity in existence who prevented the multiverse from collapsing.
Where the FUCK did you get this from? FUCKING WHERE?! Because sure as shit I never fucking heard about this in the actual fucking show.

The only thing Omnitraxus actually said is:
>I'm the Space-Time Guy!
And that's it. No further explanation. There wasn't anything more to him, because IT WASN'T NEEDED. The crew came up with him, because they had to fill the 'big bad' MHC with SOMEONE. Omnitraxus was a design, it was approved and so he was in the cartoon. But they NEVER made him do anything beyond that. Because he was never important.

Did his nonexistence collapse all the multvierses? Maybe. Does it matter? Sure as shit don't.

he told star that she had to get the problem right or the multiverse implodes.

I've thought about this for a while. And I think I reached a conclusion.

'Magic' was a stand in for the old ways. The old fashioned Disney cartoons where the princess is always prim and proper, always has their shit together and they are morally good, no matter what. And with the same effect it's also embracing and promoting (unsurprisingly) the liberal mindset.

It's basically saying: 'we don't know what the future holds, we don't know what the FUCK we are doing; but nonetheless we move forward and pave our own path. Whatever that may be.'

No queen before Star had ever done what she had done. Were Star's choices 'good' choices? Up for debate, but all queens of Mewni have supported her decision. Star's future is uncertain (well other than being with Marco) and so is ours (mostly talking about millenials), but it is in our hands to forge our paths.

Attached: 1539418419373.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

Okay but when Omnitraxus said this the world was still full of magic. Full of chaotic, unpredictable and dangerous forces.

Those things no longer exist. So the universe just resets itself and everything is working normally. Or not.

On a pile of pennies which go into her anus and come out into the hands of the Californian people.

The only sane comment itt. Well said.

Uh yeah... because that's life, everyone dies. No one gets to love forever man

>["LITTLE BUSTERS" by THE PILLOWS STARTS PLAYING]

Imagine being this retarded.

>What the fuck were the writers even trying to say with the ending?
That's what happens when you get too reliant on subversion as a story writing technique.
When you do subversion it needs to be more than just doing the opposite of what the audience expects. Just making the villain turn out good or the hero ending up destroying everything on its own only buys you a slight amount of entertainment from the initial shock value.
The problem is there are actually good reasons behind why an audience will expect what you're subverting. And if you only subvert and don't have a clever way of integrating the subversion into an interesting and plausible future plot then you're just going to go from a fleeting moment of surprise straight into "why is everyone behaving retarded and out of character?"
By analogy with music, bebop horn players can play out of key and make it sound not only OK but really fucking great. And what they do is completely different from an 8 year old trying to play the piano for the first time and going out of key by hitting the wrong notes accidentally and never doing anything to integrate the subverted melody back into something satisfying.

3 Mewman royals decide the course of the entire multiverse, including killing friends who've helped them in the past and destroying magic which has also helped them in several situations.

a vast majority of the people on season 4 were on the show during season 2, and the HEAD people were on the show since season 1

>black people are monsters because irl blacks are huge, scary and hpermasculine not to mention having protruding jaws

Damn.

I'm aware they were, which is why I said they were deliberately trying to fuck with the older episodes. Like, "fuck what the show was then, THIS is better."

During S1 and S2 they still somewhat had to work within some of the limitations Disney and people who'd worked on the show in its earliest stages had originally imposed. When it came time to work on their own original story in S3, with fewer Disney interference, I think it mostly sucked.

Dude, Nefcy is the most Californian girl you could imagine. It's so obvious she'd try to promote liberalism as a concept in her show. You don't have to take it this way, you form your own conclusion. But I still think it's best to think about the ending this way, so it actually has a concise meaning.

Attached: 60ac029b761ff7a50b95b9c33641d725d969e384.jpg (640x480, 186K)

Fuck off back to R3ddit,you stupid nigger. The show is great and have one of the best endings,but you retards can let go because are a bunch of edgyfags that fail for the lore of the story like a bunch of niggers. You are the same with the retarded cuck memes like those fuckers in a/ with darling in the franxx,you are cuckfags.

i still can't get over the fact that glossaryck committed suicide by cop and took countless magical beings down with him.
His son is dead. the magic high council is dead. the entire multiverse should be in chaos right now. And all because he decided that magic shouldn't exist anymore, and he manipulated star into instigating a multi-dimensional apocalypse in order to end his existence.
Glossaryck is actually the best Disney villain of the 21st century, and it's because he won. This blue indian fuckface convinced the protagonist into murdering half of reality. And then he made her think it was a happy ending.

Attached: bd8261298269f410629e434b2a339daba23ffce7_hq.jpg (1024x576, 47K)

cringe

based as fuck, although could use less expletives

You actually believe the goofy silly MHC who act like camp counselors instead of gods were planned as villains all along?

Are you brain damaged?

>TLDR: the writers were newbs and activated the trap card

Who's more to blame? Nefcy or Sabrina?
What damage did they both do? What mistakes did they both make?

Fuck off yourself
>show is great
>one of the best endings
Who the fuck are you kidding?

>who prevented the multiverse from collapsing
Wasn't it a multiversal collapse CAUSED by Star?
By Star being a general fuckup that doesn't learn from her mistakes to be exact?

Isn't a ruler's whole job to make good decisions? Good decisions that will stay good for generations? Especially in a monarchy, where you're not getting replaced until you die, and you have to plan as far ahead as possible. A good ruler cannot gamble with the future of her people. "Forge your own path" is a slogan for a shoe commercial. You can be free-spirited and spontaneous when the only life you're gonna fuck up is your own. But when thousands of lives depend on your choices, you can't afford to be quirky or take blind chances. Have some goddamn discipline.

this is one of several reasons Tangled is a better show

Why is Yea Forums so obsessed with a show they know is so bad?

It's not even enjoyably bad.

I just... really fucking hate Star Vs. the Forces of Evil? I feel like I got meme'd into thinking it'd be good.
Look, I've watched Sugar's work. Steven Universe is often lumped into "the s 0 y trilogy" with this show and I honestly find that unfair and insulting to Sugar.
To call Star Vs. the Forces of Evil "farcical" would be to undercut the sheer magnitude of bullshit it employs. Plot threads that arise only to contrive one another. Hundreds of pages of nigh-endless, retconning lore that establish a lot of important, but ultimately pointless worldbuilding. All to justify the most interesting character spending most of his screentime lying in wait only to job to a Super Saiyan butterfly.

I mean, not to call /ourgirl/ Daron Nefcy a hack or anything, but her magnum opus just feels needlessly cryptic and tone-deaf. Don't get meme'd into watching it, it's Gravity Falls for people who hate fun.

Attached: IMG_20190721_234843_878.jpg (1345x1457, 288K)

I like how they were too lazy to come up with an endgame villain, so they just used homeless Sailor Moon and gay crystal bro

I watched Seasons 1+2 and honestly the only things I really liked were Hungry Larry, Hekapoo, and Toffee

This is very well thought out and deep and all, but I have a feeling that you thought about it more than the actual writers did.

>Why is Yea Forums so obsessed with a show they know is so bad?
Better girls.
That's it. Star vs. has the best girls in this generation of televised animation. You can argue writing and retcons all day, but every girl in Star vs. is at least alright-tier.
Same reason Gravity Falls gets loads of traction despite the only good characters being constantly shat on in canon.

Attached: 1554869010324.jpg (940x920, 111K)

Any man who wouldn't want Hekapoo to sit on his face isn't a heterosexual as far as I'm concerned.

>Hekapoo
>Eclipsa
>Jackie
Star vs. is a buffet of beauties. Even if Star herself is shit, she's still fun in the cuck stuff.
Even random one shot characters are pretty cute.

Attached: 1559237823436.png (1000x1300, 925K)

All Sabrina did was turn Star bi and Jackie gay.

Nefcy and co. were the ones who chose to stick with two seasons of Tomstar, turn Eclipsa into the main character, leave Starco until the very end and have a final season dealing entirely with institutional racism with fucking Mina as the final boss.

>goofy silly MHC
They were never that. Rhombulus' antics pull everyone down. That's why he gets timeouts.
> planned as villains all along?
Glossaryck did mention in earlier seasons that the Butterfly family has a whole lot of dirt in their family. (kidnapping, blackmailing...) The MHC serves the kingdom of mewni. Go figure

>you can't afford to be quirky or take blind chances. Have some goddamn discipline.
I'm sure if you look hard enough in actual human history, you'll find more than enough people who were given great power by becoming the leader, and then they used it all for personal gain or whim. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find JUST one; in fact.

>thousands of lives depend on your choices,
Again alternatively to destroying magic, Star could've let Mina murder EVERYONE.

best girl

Attached: 1560032203307.png (1500x1200, 948K)

>Even if Star herself is shit

Your tastes are shit that's what.

Attached: glitterfr33ze.png (1280x964, 1.32M)

damn you're fucking gay

Attached: 15410.jpg (268x327, 18K)

Your words argue my point, but your image proves it.

Attached: 1555508656260.jpg (2000x2855, 3.55M)

You didn't even read it you goddamn beaner mongrel. Surely this is beyond your reading comprehension. That's the reason for you being so fucking low effort and weak.

>>lots of rulers have been selfish incompetent assholes, why won't you let Star have her turn?

You understand I was referring to GOOD rulers, right? You sound like you're saying Star is entitled to act like a brat when she's got people depending on her

Eclipsa is a useless fatass

what the goddamn shit are you talking about

Attached: destiny-hoodie23526.png (875x1055, 417K)

I'm saying you posted an ugly picture.

Attached: 1557953212953.png (527x945, 191K)

>>i'm sure if you look hard enough in actual human history, you'll find more than enough people who were given great power by becoming the leader, and then they used it all for personal gain or whim. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find JUST one; in fact.

user those are the qualities of a bad leader. Are you saying Star is a bad leader?

>GOOD rulers
That's fucking horseshit that never fucking happened. Even if it seems like there are these ancient poet-warrior-kings of past are literally perfect in sense of the word, they were still humans. They still had to deal with the weight of the crown which turns you into a bastard if you want to keep it. Everybody shits, everybody bleeds. Everybody does whatever they must to keep themselves alive and in control.

>Star is entitled to act like a brat when she's got people depending on her
How does that entitle her to anything? I don't fucking get it.

oh, my mistake

Attached: THIQQUÉ.png (800x1243, 448K)

>Star is a bad leader?
Star was never really Queen. She ducked that gay shit. Remember the poem?
>Star the underestimated,
>was queen for just four days.
>Her one decision on the throne:
>to give it all away.

AND THAT'S WHY THE LAST SEASON WAS SHIT

If the country is in better shape leaving your hands than you recieved it, you were a good ruler. Genghis Khan was a monster but his empire was wealthy, tolerant, and generally pretty pleasant after the conquering bit. Hitler turned Germany from a bombed out shithole into the most powerful nation in Europe in a few years. You don't have to be a saint to be a good ruler. You just have to be competent.

that thing was too hot to have Jimmy Neutron's voice coming out of her

kek good redpilled post not cuck or basedboy in the slightest based kek

At the end? Don't be racist, immigrants welcome, also 'grow up' by blowing up magic.

>>show begins with her being too irresponsible to be trusted with power and responsibilities
>>she gives away her power and responsibilities because she can't handle it

IT'S SMART BECAUSE ITS NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED! DID WE subvert YOUR EXPECTATIONS?

>Star was queen for four days and anti-racism minister for an entire season
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

ok

Attached: 3.png (778x635, 466K)

So what shitflint writer has to get a water bottle thrown at them at a convention to get an answer for all of this?

She was the best thing in the final season

Attached: 6CAE1F82-732E-422B-97F3-5F5C8A715ADF.png (700x981, 575K)

Almost but all of this was eclipsa, now she's queen, destroyed the previous kingdoom and all the blame went to star, now remember glossaryck was trying to save us from globgor, at some point he got brainwashed

I mean, I haven't watched the show but it's doesn't look like a terrible progression.

For one it doesn't star an annoying monkeychink for starters....

>I don't want magic SO NO ONE GETS IT HAHAAA

What do you mean?

>a water bottle thrown at them at a convention
Do people actually do this?

You're a fucking idiot.

>IT'S SMART
NOBODY FUCKING SAID THAT! NIGGA, FUCK YOUR EXPECTATIONS!
What's IMPORTANT is, that NOBODY did what Star did before. Star has always been a wacky chaotic element who does whatever the fuck she wants. The show sold her as this person since the beginning.

The only way your expectations would've been subverted is if you genuinely believed Star would be your normal regular, run-of-the-mill queen.

>Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
Eclipsa probably.

It is because for a couple seasons the plot progression was set up as Star maturing and preparing to step up to her future role.

Then when she finds out that an ancestor over 300 years ago actually wasn't related to the first queen, she hands over the throne to someone else with purer blood and that's it, fuck everything that came before

Season 1........... home.

Attached: Star.vs.The.Forces.of.Evil.S01E09E10.Diaz.Family.Vacation_Brittneys.Party.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264- (1920x1080, 156K)

>Star effectively killed or inconvenienced billions of lives that relied on magic as part of their society
>countless beings from being reliant on magic-based medicine and medical care suffer and die
>entire nations who've founded armistices fall apart as their equivalent of nukes no longer exist in the forms of powerful magic and encourage bloody uprisings
>ecosystems of magical beings perish, causing complete havoc if not total biosphere collapse, resulting in all sorts of shit that Al Gore couldn't dream of

STAR'S CUNNY BETTER BE THE BEST THING IN THE MULTIVERSE, MARCO YOU DIRTY BEANER.

Attached: 1252700054079.jpg (764x744, 512K)

And worst of all... Ponyhead is still alive despite being a magical creature

let me sing you some birthday tunes with my mouth sounds

Yeah they really didn't give a righteous fuck to keep their own lore consistent toward the end despite all the bullshit it enforced in the first place.

Attached: 1330312275636.jpg (250x250, 31K)

Yeah, thats how character development works. They were very obviously setting up an arc where Star matures and becomes a leader, but they abandoned that after season 2.

A main character should never be the same person at the end of a story as they were at the beginning. That's lazy.

So some people are better off being in charge because of who they're related to? Genetics determine your ability, not you?

I thought this show was trying to be WOKE?

Nobody's ever permanently destroyed an invaluable resource before in the real world either. If I destroy electricity or oxygen, will I forge my own path?

Yep, that is 100% where the show went and just a single part of why some anons are still bitching about it now.

To be absolutely fair to the show, by the very end they unanimously decided NOBODY deserves being queen or having magic and destroyed the monarchy + magic, but we still had to put up with an entire season of Star supporting another character's efforts to be queen, when of course it would've been more interesting watching her do that shit herself.

And since the Ponyheads are the only beings with magic left, they automatically become the most powerful kingdom (soon empire) in the multiverse. Thank you, Star.

And when you think about how obnoxious and hateful Ponyhead, a noble with etiquette training and good breeding is, you shudder to thino about what assholes the rest of her kind are

No.

Good job trying to articulate the nonsense the writers were babbling about but it still doesn't make the show any better.

Attached: 2483208-2114905390.png (500x492, 174K)

>but it still doesn't make the show any better.
That's fair. But it wasn't all that bad was it? It's kind of like life. You can seek out all the bad meanings in it, technically seeing the 'truth'; but you could also just.. enjoy it sometimes. Stick with something that's still positive in your heart. After all, the cartoon is over, and you're not getting any younger either.

Attached: 1556595662916.png (1148x860, 1.92M)

We can move on, but that doesn't mean we can't acknowledge that a good story got ruined by a terrible, incoherent ending.

You enjoy what you enjoy man. I ain't gonna judge you for it.

That they can't fucking write.

lol

Based retard, telling it how it isn't.

Useing the powers of listening to those idiots for years, I think it has something to do with power/privilege. Like star giving up her power also ended her racism. Which is insane but what they seem to believe in.

I know crackers like that too. How come only blacks are punished for that shit?

Fuck Trump and Fuck Technology that allowed huwhites to dominate native americans

That doesnt make any sense in the context of the show, what a shitty head canon

God I love Star.

Fuck white privilege!

Nice blog, but maybe you should stop treating subversion as this boogeyman. Star Vs.'s endin had nothing to do with subversion. I storngly suspect you didn't even know this term existed until The Last Jedi.

Based and Pillows-Pilled

Attached: Starco_Rock_Singing.png (3321x2115, 3.73M)

Most of the millenials already have kids, meaning they have already lived their lives.

The writers like the idea of tackling the 'big issues' like racism and colonialism, but are too uneducated/bad to do it any justice, so they just slap together something half assed, shove it out, and then spend all their time patting themselves on the back and giving themselves succulent blowjobs on twitter as they gush about how amazing they are. Meanwhile the show devolves into a convoluted moral mess because absolutely NONE of the implications of ANYTHING besides 'immediate emotional impact' were considered.

The exact same applies to Steven Universe.

steven universe was less incompetent. somehow

That's because SU actually managed AT ONE POINT to have a seemingly consistent setting. Starvs has pretty much always been 'lolwhatever'

SU characters are so atrocious to look at, especially compared to SvTFOE's, I really couldn't care less if it was the Epic of Gilgamesh in terms of cartoon writing.

Attached: exposed.png (2000x1056, 852K)

I don´t know what you expected from a show that from S2 supported the ship of a 30-year-old man stuck in a kid´s body with a teenager.

That character you just posted is really fucking ugly
unironically this. The ending of SU season 5 was also a complete utter mess, but at the very least it´s more consistent with the themes of the show. It makes sense that the ending has everyone living happily ever after, the problem was that none of the bad guys got any sort of punishment for their actions.
Then again, Star VS did the same thing but worse.

When does America go REMOVE KEBAB REMOVE KEBAB on the Mewmans and monsters?

Attached: remove.gif (200x300, 1.73M)

Hi Daron

Even if he lived off magic he lives outside of time. He can go whenever and live off past magic.

He never died. He flew off. But yeah, its pretty fucked up he encouraged Star to kill his kids. Only dead are the beings made from magic, not the ones using it.

Came here to post here

Attached: 1563428037560.jpg (923x1040, 206K)

Attached: IMG_20190720_075041.jpg (436x499, 31K)

Anons just love shitting on the show now and that's it. Old /sveg/ and it's fun, comfortable times are gone forever and you can no longer discuss the show in such ways. Everything is now shit forever. Even your new, precious amphibia or Tangled or whatever. Everything just becomes or was always shit, so why enjoy any of it?

B A S E D

>Most of the millenials already have kids
They do? Only Mexicans seem to have kids these days and they don't fit with the millennial stereotype. Whites are too busy playing videogames or complaining about girls dating darkies online for making babies

You have a Davinci Code level understanding of symbology and theme.

>I'm sure if you look hard enough in actual human history, you'll find more than enough people who were given great power by becoming the leader, and then they used it all for personal gain or whim. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find JUST one; in fact.
True but those guys don't stay in power for a long time. Burgers don't seem to grasp that royals couldn't do whatever they want like spoiled manchildren. In many cases they were figureheads for advisors and noble houses around said monarch. Also that if a king derail a kingdom, the subjects are entitled to kill him. Burgers take the divine right too seriously

hi wonderbread fag

almost immediately, thus making all the pro-monster shit null and stars actions even worse

Attached: 1557982051674.jpg (612x574, 66K)

But Tangled is good and has no sjw elements

Hitler blow up his own nation by declaring war to the League of Nations because Germans were still butthurt for WW1. A better example would be Stalin and Mao. Both were irredemeable monsters and when both got into power, their nations were feudal shitholes but they quickly industrialized them. In Stalin's case, he was a master on foreign relations. Even Kissinger called him the Richeliu of his era. Admit it /pol/tard, you just wanted to talk good about Hitler

What about the dyke bff that tumblr apparently wants her to lez out with Rapunzel?

>>Mao
>>Good Leader

I'm a black American jew friend

That's mostly subtext and/or fancanon honestly

Everything's shit. No exceptions. Nothing is safe. Nothing is sacred. If it seems fine now, it just means not enough Anons have noticed it to shit it up. And if not enough Anons have noticed it, it probably means it's already shit and they're not bothering with it. Always be prepared to be butt blasted.

>Hitler blow up his own nation by declaring war to the League of Nations because Germans were still butthurt for WW1.
Right, because forcing Germany to pay for WW1 was totally fair
Your thirst for aryan blood can be detected even through the internet, eternal anglo

You're free to enjoy what you want user, but don't let your enjoyment of something cloud your reason: star has been a bad, unfocused show, it happens.

That's the point: becomes
I'm 100% sure Yea Forums in going to shit on Amphibia when it ends just like it did with Gravity Falls but, for now, everything's pretty good.

>aryan
>german
kek

What went wrong with the series?

As if. Rapunzel sucks as a queen and brings madness to those closer to her and misery to her kingdom.

Threadly reminder that Cassandra did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1555247691537.jpg (1000x750, 426K)

Eclipsa is my favorite. I'd love to fuck her silly while feeding her chocolate. A shame her pussy is too loose for her to feel anything.

Attached: 30f71f54d67cba82e2a1053eff7c9d3c.jpg (720x698, 58K)

muh dick

Waifu economy is real

Like most things in SU the pacing rather than the execution is what let S5 down. I loved it during its initial airing and it's still one of the better ones for me, but you can tell the moment the brakes come off and they're rushing to conclude things. A few more episodes in Diamond Days would've helped a lot, plus maybe 5 more minutes in CYM.

Nah SU has themes and uses allegories but never really tries to tackle real world issues. World wars and homophobia don't exist in-universe for one thing. Compare that to Star VS and the mewmans vs monsters that gets dropped like a hot potato.

>but every girl in Star vs. is at least alright-tier.
Huh, you're right. I really don't like the show that much (t. guy who watched all of it) but I can agree with this very easily.

>Great girls stuck in a writing nightmare
Is this true suffering?

Honestly I think they where going with Magic=Privilege , what with the first Mewman being given the wand by chance and the artificial nature of it being shown how easily Eclipsa and Butterfly family where swapped in and out.

But that gets totally undermined by the fact that they introduced all these magical beings who exist because of it.
When power changes hands in real life no one just drops dead as a direct result.

Maybe they where trying to portray the MHC as metaphor's for the structures that hold up unjust hierarchies, whose existance is justified by said purpose.
However they've clearly been established as autonomous beings.

I think they where trying to go for a progressive message but just ended up with "sometimes a whole group needs to be exterminated for the betterment of society".

If this was his plan all alomg...he bought sentient beings into the world, just to murder them.

He manipulated Star into helping him murder-sucide his family.
And the MHC are supposed to be in the wrong about this.

>best girl
>jobs constantly
>dies meaninglessly
>isn't even mourned
You ever been glad something exists, but wish it never happened at the same time?

Attached: tumblr_or1v4kds3Y1rcs9gvo1_1280.png (1280x1645, 1.72M)

Oh, she's mourned user she's still 2nd best girl in my book within canon events. What kind of spinoff would you want of her?

>sometimes a whole group needs to be exterminated for the betterment of society
This is the real American way

You're not alone. Everything about that was so fucked up and wrong that I can't even think about it.

>Nah SU has themes and uses allegories but never really tries to tackle real world issues
How is Amethyst not emotionally torturing Greg not a real world issue? Or everything about Lars and Sadie's extremely unhealthy relationship? Or Lapis and being the abuser in every relationship she's in? They absolutely try to tackle real issues, they just also do a piss poor job at it.

it didn't though

She's a shameless Mary Sue, the only redeeming quality about her is her design.

That's what you think

Nah I disagree, they do it fine but a longer runtime would allow it to happen more gracefully. I worded my previous comment poorly, apologies.

This. She HAD potential to be far more layered. But why do that when you can just label society as the problem and be innocent of any wrong doing

Actually I agree. She is only good for a dicking.

Attached: queen_eclipsa_by_penpaii-dayre68.jpg (1280x1792, 151K)

>Mina "Sailor Moonman" Loveberry

Attached: Mina2.png (2000x2960, 646K)

It's a fucking tragedy really.
>Eclipsa gets introduced, built up to be either evil or extremely morally ambiguous
>nope lol turns out she was actually right about everything all along, we were just bigots sorry Eclipsa
This and how they assassinated the characters of the Magic High Commission so they could have cheap racist villains (to the point where nobody even cared that they died in the finale) are the worst parts of the show's decline for me. There was genuine promise here and they just pissed all over it in some of the worst ways possible.

Attached: 1496178186958.png (500x358, 179K)

>He never died. He flew off.
the wiki says he was wiped from existence

The problem with that metaphor is that Only Star and her family was privileged, even the newmans where mostly dirt poor farmers.

Silly user, women can't be priviliged. Not even ones that live in literal matriarchies.

Same as most spinoffs, the early years. Her coming into her own, mastering the scissors, being fucking appreciated.
Hell I'd be satisfied with even a shitty "what if Star DIDN'T murder magic" series
Guess I'll just have to settle for fanfics

Attached: 1487645735930.png (4920x2767, 1.05M)

They had five whole seasons user, plus another on the way and a movie. They had all the time in the world.

All the time in the world for what? The themes are well written. I know it's a meme to shit on Steven Universe for its writing but it's the pacing that's the issue. The entire story is about abusive behavior leading to the tragic death of Pink Diamond and the birth of Steven. This isn't Star VS that tried to do a racism metaphor only to get bored of it and even when doing it was half-assed.

>The themes are well written
Debatable.

>I know it's a meme to shit on Steven Universe for its writing but it's the pacing that's the issue
But there's no excuse for that when they were given such a huge amount of time. Even if that was the case then that is pitiful. There are tons of better shows that can get across the story and themes they're trying to tell in half that time, why is it only this show that requires 10 seasons and 4 movies just to get across basic goddamn concepts?

>Hell I'd be satisfied with even a shitty "what if Star DIDN'T murder magic" series

That'd be like them admitted they screwed up.

Basic concepts like what? Again you're not being specific. It tells the story it wants to and does it well. I don't know what you're trying to say here and I don't care what other shows do since that's irrelevant.

We wouldn't be having this goddamn conversation if it told it's story well. The basic themes in this story are relationships(family, love, etc) and acceptance(moving on from death, seeing your flaws, etc). Again, these are simple concepts, so why does it need so much time to flesh them out only to still fail to do so? Could it be because they chose the worst possible format to do so? That the writers couldn't decide whether to focus on the story or the goddamn townies that are less than worthless in terms of narrative? That the main plot directly clashes with the show'starts themes and creates a story that's tone deaf at best, disgustingly naive at worst?

The ONLY thing I can agree with you on is that this show wasn't nearly as big of a shitshow that Star vs is, but that still doesn't make it good by a long shot.

Attached: 1555813745500.jpg (199x270, 31K)

There's nothing naive about Steven Universe unless you're ignoring the fact it's escapist fantasy. Rebecca herself says she doesn't think it's possible for some people to change and mend there ways, but she WISHES it was and that's why it's one of the biggest themes of the show.

Spider in a top hat is dead forever now.

Be the one user to mourn a male side character that had some screen time. I can respect that, and at least we have fanfic.

>Old /sveg/ and it's fun, comfortable times
What are you even nostalgic for besides fapbait fanart?

You obviously weren't here if you have to ask. It wasn't just about the rampant artists who would Grace the threads. It was the Anons participating as well. A spring of just random concepts, theories, character interactions and analysis, and general enjoyment and engagement with the show. Both lewd and Christian. Memery abounds, but fresh.. organic. You look around now and it's the same tired shit... "Star the multiverse, magic destroyer" and "cuck star lol" ad nauseum.

Me too.

Attached: qt.jpg (700x800, 49K)

I want to fuck Star

>star has been a bad, unfocused show, it happens.
It was and it does. But was it really that bad? I still think Star and starco is cute.

Attached: eerna1.png (1280x1438, 1.54M)

Attached: 54094407_p1.png (1200x1200, 307K)

Stars feet

>There's nothing naive about Steven Universe unless you're ignoring the fact it's escapist fantasy
It's not SUPPOSED to be. Sugar even said that she hated escapism and the show was made to critique that, only that she ended up using it as escapism herself.

Also, being escapist fantasy is not an excuse for bad writing.

It's true. Back in S1 /sveg/ threads and discussions were slow and chill. We were excited for the future of the show and swapped theories freely without any underlying venom or agenda.

Starco had a strong voice but other ships were discussed without hate; sometimes we'd even pretend that we are doing 'ship wars', because at the time, nothing was confirmed. No other namefags besides Misha. It was simpler times.

Yes Marco. We fucking know you rub your dick on Star's pristine creamy feet every night, you don't have to rub it in.

Attached: fdb4ea17b596b281b3f9c4e800b5f3f28cce8135.png (800x1000, 917K)

>No other namefags besides Misha

Those threads were 90% namefag

Who? Jebus, kaziklu (or whoever the fuck) and truteal all came during S2. Most of the other anons who decided to avatarfag (googly eye user, riverfag...) also came up with their personas during that time.

So many people I can't even begin to list them. Mainly because there simply weren't that many anons in one thread at one time then, so the conservation would be mostly between people with trips/names. Here's a random thread for example:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/83245743/

Sure, some others showed up by later, but by then most of the S1 namefags had either stopped posting or stopped their name gimmicks, and the anonymous:namefag ratio was way smaller than before.

I guess if you meant during S1 itself, like when it was actually airing, then yeah actually I guess there wasn't really anyone there. But that's because back then a new episode would only get like 100 posts or something.

If that's what they intended it's a good premise. Shame they executed it like shit.

>But that's because back then a new episode would only get like 100 posts or something.

Can you believe it? There were times when svtfoe threads barely reached 200 replies, nowadays 500 replies minimum.

It really is fucking baffling how Eclipsa was handled. It's like she was written by two completely different teams with polarizing ideas for her. One minute she's flagrantly abusing dark spells capable of mind manipulation, corruption, spying, etc. and the next she's acting like a victim that did nothing wrong, abd anyone against her is stupid and/or evil. Fuck, she really is the textbook definition of a Mary Sue.

Attached: 1472147988032.png (1280x798, 1.69M)

Yeah, it's interesting. I wanna say Bon Bon was the turning point but maybe it'd even started gaining traction a little before then

Then again, it still doesn't make it any better of a show.
This needs to be said: THEMES ALONE DO NOT MAKE A SHOW GOOD, WRITING DOES

Because these themes have been tackled by other works before and in a better fashion too. If anything a story's writing is way more important than something trying to be deep or sending a message.

You say S1, but even when the hiatus was more bearable.. the mid S2 hiatus .. even the one from S2 to BfM ... You could have a fairly chill time in the threads. No such thing as fun anymore though. Gotta shit up everything.

Attached: 1528090640767.png (1000x1000, 175K)

>the mid S2 hiatus ..
The concentrated amount of cancer and autism from those threads were a sight to behold, I give you that.
>even the one from S2 to BfM
That was a living nightmare. Fun police everywhere. Wackyposting. Porn dumps. That was the time when the fandom transformed to it's current form. Bunch of horny fucks (guys AND girls) arguing over fictional teenagers.

Attached: 1554333591614.png (1280x720, 1.68M)

>The story that ended with "lol fuck the magic happy ending, in fact let's KILL magic and make everything weird, totally didn't see THAT curveball coming did you!?" has nothing to do with trying to avoid expectations at their very core.
You're trying so hard to sound smart.

>A main character should never be the same person at the end of a story as they were at the beginning.
Static protagonists exist for a reason. They work really well for certain kinds of stories. Star Vs isn't that kind of story.

>fuck the magic happy ending
There was no need for anything like that, moreover it couldn't be done.

The tapestry is not a forecaster or fortune teller. It weaves your fate which can not be avoided. Star had to destroy the magic for some higher reason. And it's a happy ending because the kingdom of Mewni was destined to fall either way, yes, but the power of love kept the worlds from separating. Now they're in the same place. Mewmans conquered harsher circumstances and the humans can be taught the same.

>subversion as this boogeyman
You noticed that too huh? Seems to be the new buzzword for people who can't come up with actual arguments.

King David. Killed Goliath, made Psalms, chopped off Philistine dongs. Problem was the he bedded his loyal soldier's wife and tried to cover it up and then had soldier killed.

>That was the time when the fandom transformed to it's current form.
That's where I think you're wrong. It transformed into it's current form during the S3 hiatuses. When the threads transformed into nothing more than bitching and moaning over what the series could've been instead of what it actually was. I feel like one hardly heard any of that up to that point.
Instead, you previously had a bunch of Anons thinking furiously over what would happen *moving forwards* in the story and with the characters. About what *could* happen, rather than constantly lamenting what path had occurred. They stopped being chill to hangout in not because of external forces, like you're suggesting (horny newfags, vindictive moderators, etc. Etc.) But rather insiders shifting the way that they thought and interacted with the media. And, going hand-in-hand with that change, was the shift in Anons starting to attack the drawfriends we did have that were still willing to participate, further lowering fresh content to enjoy.

Attached: e9014bc7-816b-41ee-91cc-43cc0503890b.jpg (1280x1600, 339K)

Wasn't the ending where Mewni merged with Earth was the result of Omni being dead?

I really regret missing out from season 2 onwards.
I liked this cartoon, but at the very least I can catch up and know to always keep up with shows I like.

io9.gizmodo.com/steven-universe-is-a-show-about-fantasys-love-affair-1458060916

You're one dumb motherfucker. Please keep bleating "bad writing" too as you have no way of explaining what you mean. Just like every crit ever.

And to further rub salt in the wound here's a redditer to prove you more wrong:
>Escapism can also refer to fantasy works like Steven Universe in general. Sugar has said that when she started the series, she wanted to critisize escapist fantasy works by showing the fantastic as being mundane and the mundane being fantastical. We see this in "Lazer Light Cannon" where Steven is fascinated by the storage shed but doesn't even ask about the Red Eye. By the end of the show she had changed her mind:

Yes these were themes I wanted to explore since the beginning. When we started, I used to want to explore a sort of "reverse escapism," where fantasy characters longed to be human beings, and where the cartoon actually asks you examine real problems and hardship instead of providing escape. Since I had this goal my feelings on escapism have changed hugely. I now recognize that the show has been an escape for me, and that my fantasy is to express myself freely and not be shot down because of who I am... and that this dream is constantly coming true for the characters on the show. So my feelings on escapism are complicated now. I think it's just that my dream wasn't like the dreams I'd seen on TV growing up. -RS
>She talks about escapism a lot in her interviews, and so I think both the song and the episode must have a deeper meaning for Sugar than the fans have quite figured out.

reddit.com/r/stevenuniverse/comments/b6rl7u/what_really_is_the_meaning_of_the_song_escapism/

I just assumed Marco and Star's used the last bit of magic to make it happen since their cheeks were glowing when hugging.

I liked her, she was mysterious for a long time up until Globgor was released.
Her 'Dark magic' clearly shows as they were much more powerful and harmful than any other Moon or Star did, so I guess Mewmans are used to cutesy spells and thought going by Eclipsa's path of 'Doing whatever needs to be done' could be dangerous with that much magic if it ever becomes the norm for Queens.

fuck you, table star getting cucked was great

Once Eclipsa was established as a dindu nuffin and a strong independent woman, it was imposible for Globgor to be nothing more than another dindu nuffin. The StarVs writers make the same mistake of many modern TV writers, they care more about creating buzz on twitter than planning and take for granted that the audience is aware of the backstage drama. That's why Glossaryck spent an entire season repeating globgor and then it was discarded as nothing

>Please keep bleating "bad writing" too as you have no way of explaining what you mean.
Motherfucker people have already told you why it's fucking bad this whole thread, if you still can't process why it's bad despite that then you're the retard here.

Wonderinng if I should get the Book of Spells.
It's pretty damn cheap and looks good, helps that I am a fucking autist.

Also you're a ware this doesn't actually disprove what he said, right? The only thing wrong here was the claim that Rebecca hated escapism, everything else is right there.

Attached: 1456381075935.jpg (625x626, 48K)

This post kills the Starcocuck

BASED

Ms. Wong > any gem
Yeah, kind of weird how they built up Eclipsa's magic to be evil and corrupting.... whoops nm they're just slightly spoopy spells and the purple shit it gets on your arms is popsicle juice.

The MHC were always a bit superficial though, killing them off unceremoniously after making them into MIGApedes was definitely lame however.

Who is the maid with the buttercup hair?

unironically based

Attached: 1493273477638.jpg (680x447, 26K)

>whoops nm they're just slightly spoopy spells and the purple shit it gets on your arms is popsicle juice.
It still did some pretty fucked up shit, like turning people into babies, mind swapping, memory altering, etc. They just played it off like it was no big deal because they couldn't stop wanking Eclipsa off.

One of the writers played Dark souls and really wanted to put the whole theme of "Let the first flame die out and let the age of dark begin" into the show.

Well, I don't think he got that ending right. The reason why the world was in such a shitty state is because the Gods unnaturally extended the Age of Fire and corrupted everything. If he had left the Fire go out normally, there would have been a age of Dark but inevitable Fire would reignite again The Deep is the inevitable fate of the world on all endings, a vast, dark, stagnant ocean full of unpleasant things. The Londor Church is just using you and is unwitting to the true fate of the world. Aldritch's vision was not a prediction, it was a divination. The best ending is to just let the fire die, and have the nameless girl from the DLC paint a world with both fire and dark
Unlike Star Vs. the passing of the fire doesn't stop anything, it just makes the world dark, all manner of magic still works. Demon's Souls was the one were magic stops completely if you seal off the Old One.

Nearing the end S3 and all of S4 made star really annoying and unlikable. I miss her wacky personality from the first two seasons..

What didn't go wrong is the real question here.

Still love my beautiful bug princess. Fuck the haters.

Attached: ChromosomeFarm_Star_Butterfly_Nude_Wings.png (687x916, 139K)

She's not even a bug. She's just a human. She's not a princess either for that matter. She's just some autistic kid.

They had one season to wrap everything up and they cared too much about the shipping.

Reminder she did nothing wrong

>She's just some autistic kid
Perfect for me.

>Choosing the most boring post-script option
Imagine having such pleb taste...

Attached: ikimaru-Star_Butterfly_Golden_Mewberty.png (1280x1600, 3.1M)

>And, going hand-in-hand with that change, was the shift in Anons starting to attack the drawfriends we did have that were still willing to participate

Honestly that's just fucking dumb. Why the fuck would people think that was something good to do? Bullying content creators to satisfy their egos? You're scaring away the only productive part of the fandom for crying out loud.

Attached: 1486700976710.jpg (960x545, 168K)

>about 20 bucks

That's a fair price I'd say. The art and the quality is pretty nice and the lore bits are interesting too. I'd say go for it but it's up to you.

Attached: 1551558118938.jpg (2446x2448, 1.39M)

Yes we know Marco.

Attached: hahahrip3.jpg (767x822, 145K)

They're less formidable than a local National Guard base.

>bonermarco-iaminevitable.jpg

sauce?

you're forgetting to consider the fact that some of them were mentally ill insane people

I honestly, honestly don't remember that happening. Not denying it could have, but I'm a salty fuck who's bitched and moaned about the show and even I've never told people making art about the show to fuck off (okay sometimes I've been mean about certain fanart, but it was reposted from other sites and wasn't made by anons actually in the threads).

I feel like maybe anons who'd be interested in making fanart could have been put off by the generally negative turn these threads took toward the show-- and I completely get that, if you're enjoying it you probably don't want to hang around a bunch of assholes complaining--- but that's not exactly the same as them actively being pushed away.

Anyone else notice that season 1 is the best, and it seemingly had the most network interference?

>the deviation negates the standard
shiggy diggy

Well it did and it was shit. It officially ended the "comfy" feel that this place had because it ended up being filled with nothing BUT salty fucks.

And yeah, wouldn't surprise me in the least if Anons lacked the self awareness to recognize they were driving off content creators. Particularly given the level of autism found in here on a regular basis. Failed difficulty checks for social norms are just par for the course. But hey... It doesn't matter. It's just faceless nobodies on the internet, right?

that... actually explains a lot.
like that bar where reality just kinda ends

But we already saw the multiverse collapse into one universe.

Is that fluffy? Goddamn he's still got it

twitter.com/hahahrip

Attached: hahahrip1.jpg (751x566, 90K)

Here is a good idea of how many spell Star killed with her little tantrum
shadowed-dancer.tumblr.com/post/185042447461/how-many-beings-did-star-destroy-by-destroying

Why is writing an ending so hard for people?

Attached: 1455083714254.jpg (600x582, 47K)

>twitter.com/hahahrip
thanks user

>Sailor Moonman
Kek. That’s pretty good.

What about the magic in the other alternate dimensions?

I'm bored. Gimme something to write a song about.

Jackie becoming a lesbian after spic dick

Done.

Consensus on Yea Forums is the last two seasons are garbage; from what little I've seen everyone on reddit loves them. So aren't you the one who belongs back on reddit?