How much longer can this shit realistically go on...

How much longer can this shit realistically go on? Can moviegoers really stomach 3 movies and multiple TV shows a year for another 10-15 years (long enough to conclude currently planned franchises)?

Attached: phase 4-1563775506553.jpg (728x455, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VA0Ch2_2o7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You underestimate the masses, if you looped them on an endless Marvel movie marathon they would never get bored

Phase four's gonna be rocky. We've got a lot of unknowns and who-cares and with no Iron Man or Captain America to help keep things in the public perception, I can't see this working out nearly as well as past films.

I still don't know who the Eternals are.

Guaranteed the fatigue is set in. They're gonna freak out when the movies don't make half of what they think it will.

Attached: 1560139636969.jpg (600x552, 196K)

Jane Thor and Sam Cap being adapted proved the machine will never ever stop. As long as Marvel Comics keeps pilling crap in the shelves then there will be a movie to make. The shit you're reading today will be the MCU of five years later.

That's really not that much. That's like 24 hours a year at most which for Marvel fans is like crack. It'll continue strong.

Ten dollars every four months is not a high price to ask. You shmucks have been claiming that "fatigue" is going to set in for the last ten years. As long as they keep making above-average movies people will keep seeing them.

Except now we don't have familiar faces to keep people invested.

Well we've got some faces, but they're mostly the ones nobody cares about.

Thor, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, and Dr. Strange all have confirmed sequels. Regardless of what you might personally think about any of those movies, they tested well with general audiences. Some incredibly well.

This

People still watch James Bond movies.

t. 2014

They don't come out every year either

Ooo that What If Movie could be the next billzion dollar idea. They just just make that instead, now, and then finish it.

And RDJ/Tony Stark wasn't a familiar face to the masses in 2008.

Spider-man Far from Home is the highest grossing Spiderman movie of all time and still in theaters. I don't think people are ever really going to tire or lose interest. New fans are born every minute.

Do you think if they did people wouldn't have watched them?

I think Black Widow will be the test of how loyal audiences are to the Marvel brand
>set before Infinity War
>about a character not that many people like
>who is also dead

>Hollywood revived Marvel Zombie Consumers
Pottery.

Attached: xNh93.jpg (617x938, 275K)

Before the reveal I would have said that with a solid line up they could keep it going without RDJ and Evans but they really dropped the ball on this. No Avengers, no Captain Marvel 2, no Black Panther 2, no Ant-Man 3, I understand no GotG 3 just yet. All they have is Dr. Strange and Thor. You compare that to the previous phases and it's really lacking. I'm sure all the movies will be decent and make lots of money but probably nowhere near as much as the average of phase 3 films.

Less and less people would

I feel like besides that last point, all of that can be applied to Captain Marvel. Except more people have legitimate reasons to care about nat than Carol.

It's a TV series

>No Avengers, no Captain Marvel 2, no Black Panther 2, no Ant-Man 3, I understand no GotG 3 just yet.
They literally confirmed all of those at sdcc except ant man and avengers, but including mutants and fantastic 4. Just because they don't have logos and release dates yet doesn't mean they don't exist.

Every Marvel movie has a general acceptable quality to it, where you know you'll walk in and at least be entertained. There's rarely a film they put out that isn't worth a swing by the theater with friends, kids, or to kill an afternoon. Not to mention, it's refreshing to not get sidled with a fucking origin story every goddamned time. These movies can get along with the plot because we mostly already know who they are, and what they're about.

The Carol sequel is before Infinity War?

The difference is Captain Marvel was hyped up as required viewing for Endgame even though she barely factored in the movie. Black Widow doesn't have that, it's just "hey, some people asked for a black widow movie a few years ago so here it is"

Yeah they were confirmed. That's about it. You think they're going to crap them out in the next 2-3 years? That stuff is phase 5 at best.

Kids that watched the first Iron Man in theaters when they were 8~ are now entering college, by 2021 many of them will have started families. By the time Phase 4 in 2022 or so he most irresponsible of them who had kids at 18~ will have their own 6-7 year olds to take to watch the newest marvel movies.

Like with the netflix series, you don't have to watch any of the disney shows in order to understand the movies, do you?

DC would have an advantage if they didn't keep making stupid decisions.
>Aquaman and Wonder Woman were successful
>Batman is coming
>No Flash Movie
>No Green Lantern movie
>No Superman movie
>No Teen Titans movie
If they were smart, they would destroy Marvel B and C-listers with their A-listers now that Iron Man and Captain America are gone.

It's possible that you will see as WandaVision is supposed to play into Dr. Strange, although it could be the other way around and Dr. Strange plays into Wandavision.

how many of you are going to watch thor when Jane becomes thor?

>If they were smart

I'm absolutely disgusted by this because I know it's true. Disney has set up a fucking assembly line of mediocre movies that audiences will pay to see because of familiarity, brand loyalty, and bland competence. It's an unbreakable chain.

There needs to be a terrorist attack on Disney. Bob Iger needs to get his fucking head blown off with a shotgun. A violent correct needs to take place. This cannot stand, this affront to art and culture and good taste. It cannot be allowed.

Attached: 1559003559028.png (908x727, 591K)

Doubt it will make more than Ant Man and Wasp, and normie audiences ignored that one.

It's going to be the most popular film regardless of what happens. Ragnarok and Avengers 2 and 3 have guaranteed its success. Then again even casuals didn't like the romance of the first two films.

>How much longer can this shit realistically go on?

yes, because the comics provide 100s of stories and characters from all types of genres, providing immense flexibility

Eh, it's Taika again and I doubt they will pull the unworthy Thor and cancer Jane shit

who cares at this point, the avengers beat thanos and all the infinity stone stuff is over, i dont even care about any of these movies at all

but you guys know that's the route they are going with right? Nat is gonna become thor.

Attached: 1518733020142.png (2548x1492, 1.39M)

this. Most normies see the movies and move on with their lives. It only feels all encompassing being you're obsessed about it online.

If they can coast until phase 5 they're set though. BP2/SM3/F4/GOTG3/Blade/Xmen will reignite any lost hype.

Not the sequel, the first one. Infinity war came out then Captain Marvel came which was set before it.

So, aside from the dead thing, still entirely the same as the other movies about characters who are pretty unknown/unpopular before their movie appearances. Captain Marvel and Ant Man were way less known than Black Widow was by the time their solo movies came, they were nowhere near Spiderman or arguably even post-Civil War Black Panther level.

Maybe stop looking for high art and sophisticated storytelling in in billion box office Hollywood Blockbusters made to appeal to as many people as humanly possible. .

Kevin Feige is 46 years old, still pretty damn young, another few years though and he'll need to start grooming his successor to the MCU legacy. What we really need to worry about is 2024, that's the year when people born in 2008 are old enough to drive and some will start getting jobs.

>>about a character not that many people like

lol

I wish you fags stopped impotently bitching and got on with it already. I don't really care either way but Jesus Christ I could do without all the impotent rage.

I AM TOO FUCKING OLD

Attached: buh-gok-45555690.png (500x334, 61K)

I don't see any dank memes about Black Widow, except for the one about Tony purposely sending her to planet where you have to kill yourself.

In 2 months the first people born after 9/11 will be able to vote.

I don't get how people get confused by time passing so much. Do you do additions?

>he hasn't bought Disney stocks
May the mouse reign eternally.

>for another 10-15 years (long enough to conclude currently planned franchises)?
Huh?
Doctor Strange: 2017, 2021, 2024
Black Panther: 2018, 2022, 2025
Captain Marvel trilogy: maybe also '22/'25
Black Widow is dead. The Eternals and Shang-Chi will only become planned franchises if their first movies perform well. Remember Hulk Norton?

Anyway, it feels like the big hole in this is that, for the first time, they're not building toward anything (Avengers for Phase 1, Thanos after that).

How can people deal with the onslaught of three whole movies, in a year!

> what if
It ain't never gonna end

Math make head hurt

Hulk was denied solo movies after Norton so that they wouldn't have to share profits with Universal.

she's well liked among thots and normies who aren't internet savvy. She has more appeal than Brie Larson and action set pieces and WS-esque tone will put butts in seats.

They're gonna go until it becomes unprofitable. How do you not get capitalism

Attached: 15-simpsons-2jpg-0d1cb81280wjpg-5f1628_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

>BP2/SM3/F4/GOTG3/Blade/Xmen will reignite any lost hype.
Once Fantastic 4 and X-Men hit theaters, I guess they'll start building up Secret Wars as the culminating crossover rather than Avengers: The Fifthening.

>Anyway, it feels like the big hole in this is that, for the first time, they're not building toward anything (Avengers for Phase 1, Thanos after that).
I know they felt obligated to include shallow tie-ins, but I'm pretty sure movies like GotG, Ant-Man or Dr. Strange would have done fine without them.
I mean the stones were just shallow McGuffins that basically got retconned into being important to Cap 1, Thor and Avengers.

>You underestimate the masses, if you looped them on an endless Marvel movie marathon they would never get bored

Yeah, not like the hardcore comic book audience, who have been looped into an endless status quo of Batman and Spider-Man adventures that ultimately go nowhere.
Not
That
At
All.
We are reaching levels of self-unawareness that shouldn't even be possible!

>but I'm pretty sure movies like GotG, Ant-Man or Dr. Strange would have done fine without them

easy to say in retrospect

Outside of Black Widow herself, Scarjo is a delight in promo appearances, much to the contrary of Brie.

Oh yea because Disney bought Fox and has no plans to make F4 or X-men movies. I know that wasn't the only reason for them but damn if that wasn't a nice bonus in Disney's mind.

Also you forgot Thor 4 + etc, GotG 3 and and-man 3. That's not even getting into the fact that MCU movies don't need to necessarily be profitable at this point. The MCU has already turned a profit for Disney. The cost of the studio has been recouped and the movies pay for themselves. At this point everything is basically gravy, a flop is only bad in so far as it signifies a lack of quality that people have come to expect from the MCU which honestly far more problematic for Disney than a few tens of millions down the drain in terms of opportunity cost.

I mean, so is to say that they owe their success to 1 pointless scene in each movie. Fuck's sake do you really think people went to watch Ant_man to see him fight Falcon?

This. The MCU could make a Dumbo or Nutcracker and it would change NOTHING.
Instead its been sequel after sequel bringing in bigger returns (except AoU, which was hardly a flop). It baffles the other studios.

I'm the same poster who mentioned those plans and what I expect them to build off F4 and X-Men in
>108890758

Just imagine if Disney was able to turn the MCU into something like the merchandizing juggernauts that are Cars or Frozen? Cars has 3 movies and a total franchise gross of >20 billion because of the fuck ton of merchandise they sell, Frozen is at >10 billion as well. Now that Spider-man in the the MCU i think the merchandise will start catching up as MCU brand spiderman starts gaining ground but for the time being it's still generic spider-man that gets most of the money.

So yeah, Phase 4 feels like coasting until they can get enough franchises running to adapt an Avengers/X-Men/F4 event.

They don't really need to canibalize "generic" Spider-Man, they own merch rights to both.

I'm going to say, as long as Kevin Feige is around, as long as Disney exec don't force his hand on anything, as long as he still has the magic touch.

MCU is literally just having a very good editor that's actually involved and isn't into making anything that isn't atleast enjoyable and sensible for the audiences.

Even so, i have to be honest, i don't think Black Widow, Eternals and Shang-Chi are going to do as well as Disney might hope it does. There going to attrack a crowd but aren't looking to be good enough to be anything to build upon. Also Kirby shoulda just done his whole Fourth World story at DC, because frankly the Eternals are.... beh.

It's not confusing, it's just that our perception of it warps the older we get because it becomes incrementally smaller fractions of our lives.

At least with the MCU these characters are allowed to change somewhat.

I mean sure, but people should understand that by the time they're about 28. But they keep going "whoa! that person who was a child actor 10 years ago is not a child anymore!?!"

just time passing with out noticing. Where has the time gone?

I think Blade is going to be the "sleeper flop" of the bunch. I don't think people know precisely what the fuck they're getting hyped about. It's not going to be anything like the Snpies New Line movies, and that's the familiarity 99.999% people have with Blade.

Into the years and years of you doing shit.

>How much longer can this shit realistically go on?
Decades. it's been 10 years alrady and only grown bigger and bigger. I was already 19 when this started but there's people who grew up with this and who will be incredibly loyal for the rest of their lives. Until Feige dies and somebody starts fucking everything up there's no end in sight

>I don't think people know precisely what the fuck they're getting hyped about.
Pic related.
Any further questions?

Attached: Marvel Studios.jpg (306x165, 6K)

Yeah, up and coming actor RDJ..

RDJ had been the Gary Busey of Hollywood for ages after briefly being a teen heartthrob.

If 3 Bond movies came out every year then yeah I think fatigue would set in. But it's a shit comparison because you dont get 3 iron Man movies a year but a wide selection. Which reminds me, is Doctor Strange 1 and 2 the biggest gap between sequels in Marvel?

Nope, that would be Hulk and ..............................................................................................................................................................

>except ant man
>No more Ant-Man until 2023 at least
It's dead guys. But being the lowest grossing live action capeshit of last year when Marvel is used to making records that isn't surprising

Yea Forums has a lot of trouble understanding Capitalism because most of the people who are so angry at the success of the MCU are at least vaguely Anti-Capitalistic, believing on some level that "art" is more important than money in the eyes of the corporate machine, and the more that such a notion is challenged the more they become radicalized against it. Why do you think tumblrites still come here? Why do you think /pol/tards want to colonize here? They see breeding grounds they want to take advantage of, because they themselves also hate Capitalism.

What they don't understand is that Capitalism is both the reason the MCU is so successful and why comics themselves are struggling. Look at how many theaters are playing the latest Marvel movies, and compare that to how many Comic Stores are able to push copies. Do you know why manga sales have overtaken comics? Because manga is more readily available. MCU movies happen to benefit from the same thing. You can shit out a gorillion DVDs of Spider-Man and expect fantastic returns on them because the theaters have proven to be the most effective marketing tool one could ask for, reinforcing the success of the films and allowing for a quicker, more digestible entertainment experience that often is substantially cheaper and easier to jump into than Comics thanks to their increasing niche market.

>Black Widow is dead.

Black Widow movie is literally introducing the new Black Widow

Marvel comics has limped along for like 60 years despite the average marvel comic being dogshit compared to the average marvel movie. So why can't the MCU last another decade or two?

Yeah. Why is Blade getting everyone hyped but other announced movies aren't as much?
Because of pic related.
MCU Blade will not have unceremonial uses of "motherfucker", will not have copious amounts of blood, will not have cheesy cool focus on weaponry, and will not have the main actor doing practical fight scenes shown with clarity.
I'm an MCU apologist if there ever was one but this is a recipe to disappoint.

Attached: index.jpg (183x275, 8K)

>Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
>Zodiac
>A Scanner Darkly
>Good Night, and Good Luck
Starred in all before Iron Man. Had Tropic Thunder the same year and then Sherlock Holmes released right after.

>Marvel CGI for Blade.
>Actor that doesn't look like Blade.
>More political shit stirring because Ali is Black.
Yeah, I'm not hyped for Blade at all. I'll stick with Blade 1/2 and call it a day.

This. As long as Marvel keeps shitting out 8/10 movies in a 5/10 industry otherwise dominated by remakes of remakes, they’re going to keep making money. The only question is whether it will be as much money as prior phases. If Ragnarok or Iron Man 3 didn’t flop nothing will.

No enough info out on it for me to say if it's going to work out or no. No hint on who the creative team is going to be and what kind of movie it's going to be. A comedy? Something serious? A remake? A reboot?

It might be that Ali came to Disney with a pitch in hand, and now they need to find a complacent enough director.. .I don't know. Maybe Wesley Snipes can try and sneak onto the project that way!

See the thing is I'm anti-capitalistic and I'm not angry. Disney isn't anywhere near as troubling as the pharmaceutical, hydrocarbon or food industries.
If people are dumb enough to consume only dumb media then so be it, Huxley be damned, they'll just stay dumb.

>Do you know why manga sales have overtaken comics?
They haven't you weeb clickbait whore. Viz is the 6th biggest publisher in the US.

>capitlizing "capitalist" every time
Is this some sort of newfangled neoliberal stormfront-like thing?

I mean, if there's one thing they can do better than the original movies it's CGI. Even by 1997 standards they were dogshit.

Fiege has already said they won't lock everything to PG-13, they'll just only use it when it's appropriate and the things it's done with will be a bit more distanced from mainline MCU stuff.

>Blade fan
>complaining about Marvel movie CG

rocks and glass houses, mate

Attached: 3245325102254.jpg (780x439, 35K)

i definitely prefer dc movies but i will probably see shang-chi. i love that guy

Comics are falling in physical media, they're still doing acceptably well digitally. But you have a point that the theater/DVD/BluRay experience gives more bang for your buck, far less tie-in stuff one has to navigate, while also having more succinct end points.

Disney is focused on making money through entertainment. Pharmaceuticals make money through medicine. At the end of the day, entertainment isn't as necessary for one's well-being as medicine, but both tend to use similar methods to make more money.

I'm sure that's true but Blade is such a product of its context that I can doubt it can be successfully emulated.
On potential R-rated Marvel movies, Deadpool was already wheezing through its second movie, I don't think there'll be much interest in the 3rd one if it comes out in like 3 years.

I don't get what's the point of the Loki series, its basically non-canon that has nothing to with the main MCU timeline.

>Damn, why does the CGI from a 1998 medium budget film look like dogshit compared to Marvel's 2018 dogshit?
Blade 2's CGI was absolutely kino.

Attached: UnimportantViciousAnemone.webm (864x368, 783K)

>Had Tropic Thunder the same year and then Sherlock Holmes released right after.

BECAUSE of Iron Man. His career was dead and he was known as a drugged up convict that nobody wanted to touch.

Even Iron Man it was near impossible to get producer approval for the role and they also almost couldn't insure him because everyone expected him to relapse and either OD or be sent back to jail before the movie was even half finished.

>highest grossing Spider-Man movie
Why. Why do audiences have such bad taste. It’s all so tiresome

>Disney is focused on making money through entertainment. Pharmaceuticals make money through medicine. At the end of the day, entertainment isn't as necessary for one's well-being as medicine, but both tend to use similar methods to make more money.
Were you trying to say something or just pissing in a violin?
Pharmaceutical companies fuck up people's physical health for money, Disney (arguably) makes dumb people stay dumb.
>Inb4 nuh-huh pharma are good guys

oh funny story, how he kept clean was that marvel studio was paying for his bonds or something and they said you stay clean for the entirety of your part in Ironman and you wont ever have to work again. Pretty much he got 55 mil for that part of the contract alone.

Mentally the '90s feel like less than a decade ago, not nearly 20 years. That's just how it works.
How old are you, BTW?

Have you ever read a comic? Some of the best don't matter to the big picture.

I remember him getting found on some random woman's couch after breaking in and passing out.

Capeshit fans has been on the loop since 1950s.

This movie spam is nothing

Can any Marvelfag tell me if these comics are even good? Like how are they compared to something like My Hero Academia?

>I don't get what's the point of the Loki series, its basically non-canon that has nothing to with the main MCU timeline.

Thing directly set up by Endgame is non-canon. Right.

His big paycheck was Avengers, not Iron Man.
he got 50ish million on the back end of Avengers.
He was modestly enough paid for Iron Man that his "co-star" thought he could negotiate for a bigger check.

34. That's literally not how it works, your brain perceives time as shortening but it doesn't change how years actually pass. Don't be a feelsy bitchy and think for a second.
Remember how dumb and/or small you were at the time and realize how much shit has changed. ffs I've been in a rut for 8 years and I'm fully conscious that's a long ass time because I can fucking count.

Don't make me find videos of the warehouse right

I'm saying that Pharmaceuticals cause more actual harm than the likes of Disney through their practices, even though their practices can look rather similar at times. Medicine is more important to public health than entertainment.

>Like how are they compared to something like My Hero Academia?

Attached: ThatsBait.gif (300x252, 2.79M)

They don't make me roll my eyes as hard at the mere mention of them.

To a point but there was always the idea in everyones heads back then that Ironman wasn't going to work out and that would be the end of that.

Hell even going into the first Avengers they still weren't quite totally positive it wasn't going to end up being a clusterfuck mess that wasn't going to perform the way they were hoping.

Why not say "Don't make me find the 3 minutes of BvS that isn't complete shit".
We'd all know what you were talking about.

To be fair Howard can't do math.

My mistake.

What.

You mean in this awesome fight? Where they use CGI for a combined 30 seconds over Marvel's CGI shitfests?

youtube.com/watch?v=VA0Ch2_2o7I

Oh, I thought you were shilling the BvS Warehouse Fight.

No, I'm actually dead serious. I'm a mangafag so I don't read comics. I'm just wondering if these movies come from good source material because I've read a lot of shitty manga that have gotten an animated adaptation.

Marvel movies are planned to be like The Simpsons, sure the quality will go down but they're familiar so people will watch them anyway.

Comics are mixed bag, but a lot of what Marvel puts out today is unreadable garbage. The comic versions of Age of Ultron and Civil War suck.

PROTIP: cape movies are extremely loose adaptations, they're not like manga->anime.

A lot of what every comic publisher (even those in Japan) puts out is complete garbage. Thus it has always been.

Yeah but I'm assuming these new MCU movies are from the 20th century comics right?

looks like they're mostly 2000s

I don't know shit about Shang Chi or Eternals, and I barely keep up with Black Widow or Strange. I will tell you that Jane Foster Thor is dog shit, though

>Fuck's sake do you really think people went to watch Ant_man to see him fight Falcon?

people barely go see the antman movies to begin with, which is why he hasnt gotten a third one. What makes you think with no MCU connection it would've been the same?

Varies wildly.
They take a lot of influence from the Ultimates alternate universe comics, mix it in with beats from ye olden 60's books and newer stories.
None of them are a 1-to-1 with a particular comic or even comic interpretation of the character.
They are their own thing, an idea a lot of Anons can't seem to wrap their heads around.

>people barely go see the antman movies to begin with
Ant-Man 2's $625 million beats every single movie from every American studio this year, with the exception of Disney and Sony's MCU film.

Warner Bros. is praying to God one of their movies does as good this year as Ant-Man and the Wasp.

read the Moench/Gulacy run on Shang-Chi from the 70s. Pure martial arts kino.

oh yeah, remember after incredible hulk Tony shows up and goes to the cornel and tells him he is making a team?

yeah that guy was nuts.

Ant-Man 3 is just lost in action. It's not dead yet.

>Yeah but I'm assuming these new MCU movies are from the 20th century comics right?

They'll be like the movies up until now, based on broad ideas from the comics but making their own original thing from them

Age of Ultron and Civil War movies for example have almost nothing in common with their comics versions

Just rub some Prep H on your fanny and the butthurt will stop.

Eternal s is going to fill that Niche of what Space was like, where the Asguardians conqured. It's going to be so tight.

Idk about the rest of you but I thought endgame was a good ending for the series. I watched the first Iron Man when I was 10 and have been following them since then but rn they're focusing on a new kind of audience so stepping out would be the best choice. I was hyped for Thor 4 but after the Jane foster reveal no thanks. I will watch Spider-Man 3 and mayyyybe Dr. Strange if his character doesn't get overshadowed or ruined. I don't want to see my favorite characters be replaced by shitty legacy characters no thanks

Ant-Man honestly needs a more exciting high stakes villain, does he have any those in the comics?

Yeah, I think it's getting really bloated. I watched all 23 movies of Infinity Saga in theaters but now I think I'll just go watch Strange 2, Shang-Chi and Spidey 3 in theatres while for the rest, I'll watch when they hit home releases.

For now, I'll just go back to Kamen Rider being the only live action superhero serving that I have.

All the old roadmaps had the teamup "Avengers" movie in them, but the Phase 4 roadmap doesn't, does that mean there won't be one? Or that the whole concept of capping off a phase with a big movie is out?

Ultron.
Also hank pym when he loses his shit.

Also..technically Ultron is a Pym persona that gained sentience and is housed in a robot body.

You should treat all these new tv series as film. it's part of the actual MCU unlike agent of shield and netflix show.

Read a book. Real book.

Your doubting all the girls that got dragged into watching these and have a boner for black widow

Read more comics tv pleb

So...zero?
Black widow should have had her movie damn near a decade ago.
ScarJo screwed the pooch with that other action title she created.
Also there were a dozen knock off black widow-like heroines released in the movie theatres at the same time.