Do you miss them?

Do you miss them?

Attached: 300px-KnotholeFreedomFighters.png (300x318, 203K)

Not exactly but the thought of anyone not used in the games never appearing again in official content is kind of sad. Those comics were part of my childhood.

Yes. The comics were their last bastion. I hope they get to appear in IDW because it's a waste for characters who have managed to outlive their original Cartoon by two decades to just die because an autist couldn't move on from his OCs.

This is what happens when you hire someone who knows fuck all about the games

I don't miss them mainly because the series felt like it was dragging due to Sally but I would have liked a conclusion for the series before it was killed by the lawsuit.

I hated them for years. I can't say I miss them at all.

Mainly Bunnie who is my waifu

Only Bunny and Antoine. Roter was pretty meh, and Sally doesn’t even deserve a burial.

I will miss some characters

Attached: 159.jpg (781x837, 380K)

>The badniks and Snively are officially dead now

It's such a bummer that decades of stuff has to be entirely thrown out. At least we have Punko the Skunk or whatever the fuck.

>They never came back to badnik island
Feels bad man, I miss the boys

Attached: concept02.png (800x1143, 831K)

Bunnie and Ant for sure, I love it when characters in a team don't be like Friends and fuck each other to stir up more CW drama, they actually were just a legitimately committed to each other couple, like Green Arrow and Black Canary. Ant himself went through a hell of a character development without it betraying what kind of character he is.

I'll also miss Nicole, I liked that some things that her character has developed for the sake of plot convenience to conveniently be able to build an entire city for example, those things eventually were used up against her, it was one of the more interesting debates when King Naugus thing started before it became drawn out piece of shit.

I wish I could say I would miss Sally, she had her moments, she has never worked as a leader type character or love interest type character, everything about her boring.

And who gives a fuck about Rotor.

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 22K)

Hold on, was it implicated that Coconuts was going to be a badnik prince or something?

No, not really. The were all kind of shoe horned into the story and even then they were kind of useless.

Attached: 1358832916613.png (384x293, 266K)

Not really. Being actively involved in the Sonic fandom, I still see fanart of them regularly so it feels like they're not really gone.

Sally was completely beyond repair due to her history, Rotor never managed to be interesting, Antoine and Bunnie had a lot of good things going but their characters post-pendering were just bland and uninteresting without the history. Wasn't big on the new Nicole either, but maybe that's just because I miss Shard and her new origin wasn't very good.

All this, except the Rotor part. I actually liked the guy, he served as the tech dude before Tails got that role in the games. They were like science buddies from what I remember.

>couldn't move on from his OCs
I'm guessing their trying to move on from Archie too. Even if they somehow brought the FF back, they'll most likely never have the attention IDW main characters have and be delegated to cameos and or brief speaking lines.

Very much so. But I was a big Sonic fan as a kid, and collected from issue 0. It's like my youth completely died at that moment.

My first girlfriend and first kiss was another girl in elementary school playing Sonic & Sally with me. We actually dated into our teens. My mom kept my subscription going well into my 20s, even despite her terminal illness.

Fuck you, Ken Penders.

Double for Bollers for that shitty origin for Archie Sonic's world

Honestly, no. I do like Bunny and Antione (even if they grew kinda stagnant after the reboot) but the others aren't memorable to me and I can't say it crushes me to never see them again. Honestly, good riddance. The history with the comics is so screwed up that it eventually had to reboot itself, which people weren't happy about anyway. It's better to start anew with a fresh setting, because Archie cultists no matter how much they kicked and screamed were NEVER gonna get back their old continuity.

With Sally, it really felt like she was shoehorned in stories much more than she ought to be, which I'm pretty sure is why the other FF's didn't shine as much. It didn't help that the writer tended to favor her a lot too. As a character, she was pretty bland by herself, in my opinion anyway, there wasn't much interesting about her besides being the leader and a princess when the story needs her to be. Her whole soap-opera love drama with Sonic was just painful to read because the writers were shit and couldn't agree whether her and Sonic should be together or whatever. I remember loving her in the cartoon version and being none to fond of her in the comics. Weird.

Rotor is just obsolete by this point. Writers realized too late that he didn't have much going for him and why would they? There's just nothing notable about him that we can just get from Tails now. I guess if he was on his own, he might've shined more.

>I remember loving her in the cartoon version and being none to fond of her in the comics.

When's the last time you watched SatAM? Honestly asking.

wasn't Antoine supposed to be despisable?
And yet everyone love him (it seem).

In SatAM and early Archie, yes. He was a French twerp who was only there to offer comedy and make everybody else look more competent by comparison.

After Archie issue 40 (which by the way was Antoine at his absolute worst) they started reshaping him into a much better character.

No they are shit and are a stain on the sonic franchise

Why should Sega be obligated to promote characters they didn't make that appeared in one of their many shows? Why must the Freedom Fighters get special treatment out of all the other (sometimes better) characters that appeared in other Sonic media?

>a stain on the sonic franchise

There's a lot of those.

Attached: latest.jpg (1200x900, 831K)

You aren't wrong but cleaning up some stains is at the very least a step in the right direction

Attached: bench.jpg (800x450, 67K)

i honestly like them more than the gay ass characters like silver and shadow
rotor's cool, man

Because there's more history with the Freedom Fighters in not just the comics but the cartoon as well. A lot of people are attached to those characters regardless of the quality of the comics over the years. However it is a better business decision for Sega to not bother with the Archie characters. I wonder if they've noticed the fandom around the Boom cartoon series.

You know the rules, post the rest of it.

The problem was Rotor was consistently unnecessary.

If you watch SatAM, Rotor barely has a presence at all, moreso than the other not-Sally characters. In early Archie he was firmly established as an engineer and scientist, but the need for that quickly became unnecessary, and further complicated by his "no weapons" stance. They ended up having to break his back to give reason to change his role in the series.

I only miss Bunny.

Yes. Truly, this is the worst timeline.

Hey man, never say never. It's not like Sonic will ever go away. He's been trash for years and yet still gets near annual games released. Someday in the future people who never grew up with the comics will be like, "Hey why doesn't Sega do something with these old characters?" Fan demand will be huge and then they'll bring them back.

Everything that's old is new again
Time is a flat circle
etc, etc...

>And who gives a fuck about Rotor.
I do.

My man knows what's important in life

Attached: 1541620571567.png (1054x740, 1.2M)

They were pretty rote but they still had potential to develop as characters which made the dynamic between them interesting. Ditto the Egg Bosses, some of which were pretty bland and some of which had more wiggleroom to work with. Sega-created characters are required to be unchanging, so they're not only rote but they have nowhere to go and no interesting dynamic with anyone else. They're the majority of the cast in IDW and the remainder are given nothing to work with (Tangle feels like the most "'fights for justice' is a personality, right?" character). It's sad that the character in IDW that has the most room to explore is the platypus that's just a Dr Finitevus expy

I have some episodes on VHS

Their absence is killing Sonic.

I'm not even being hyperbolic. Sonic the Hedgehog only exists after so many bad video games because it retains a large, but weirdly dedicated fanbase.

The Archie comic book was a beast, that not only sucked normies into to fandom, it gave the fandom oxygen during the long long periods between games and especially between good games.

It was also an example of a serialized comic done incredibly right. A book that was both rich with lore, characters than can evolve and full of mystery regarding future plots than fans could speculate over.

The IDW comic can NEVER recapture what Archie comics had. They're just a pale facsimile of the real thing. A shallow-as-a-puddle gamified lore, all the main characters are completely static and unable to evolve, and while people could speculate about the future, nobody does because nobody cares about this comic.

I keep tabs of activity online, and ever since Archie Sonic died, Sonic fanart/activity is WAY down. This feels like a terminally ill franchise, just waiting for SEGA to announce a "temporary break". All because SEGA is a bunch of fuck ups.

Attached: 1556837232372.jpg (781x600, 70K)

Twan > Rotor > Buns > Sally

Did you.. did you forget that Sonic is a game series?

Unfortunately Sega is exceedingly strict with the comics right now so unless there's some kind of policy change within the company I can't see that happening. IIRC Mighty and Ray can't even be used in the new comic book because they're part of the "Classic Sonic" line of characters.

Did you read my post?

It's a bad game series. It's a joke with more cheap and nasty games in it's library than good ones.

The thing keeping Sonic alive is its fandom.

The monthly Archie comic was like tinder to the flame that was the fandom. It was a one of its kind game comic, a comic people cared about.

Sonic is dying a slow death, and without something like Archie Sonic keeping fans interested between the next crappy game SEGA shits out, people are naturally tuning out. Even the most autistic fans are moving on to new obsessions, there is just nothing to talk about.

Attached: 1551859193341.png (1024x768, 469K)

No, SatAM was never good and its cast overstayed their welcome.

The last good Sonic game was Sonic Generations. That was released in 2011.

Autistic tripnigger go fuck your Amy doll.

Sonic is for losers.

Why is Ken Penders so wildly off model woth everything? He cares so much about his gloss and lines, then he just throws a forward-facing comedy teeth jutting out of Sonic's mouth to the side. What is he thinking?

Tamers12345 cleaned that stain right up

Archie comics Sonic were dumb and played a big part in turning Sonic into the turboautism fandom it is today

Nah. Would have liked to see a coherent conclusion, but alas it was not meant to be.

Attached: 1467822946193.png (363x350, 365K)

This

Bad artists cling to rendering and lighting as a way to try and gloss up their shitty structure
Good artists make sure their drawings are structured well before they bother with rendering

Snively and Antoine make out, Eggman jerks off his pingas, everyone dies, the end

right that's why I said in the future

might be 10 years

might be 20 years

who knows, but I'm sure it will happen :)

Perfect.

Attached: 1a7.png (557x605, 488K)

>being this delusional
Archie Sonic sold pretty terribly, and the money it brought to Sega's table was a miniscule water droplet compared to the games.

>the money it brought to Sega's table was a miniscule water droplet compared to the games.
Sad but true, in reality the sonic comics only helped Archie stay afloat and didn't help sega financially at all which is why when Penders shat the bed they had no qualms with cutting ties with Archie. The only real reason why sonic comics still exists despite the mess is that it has turned into a tradition and sega likes to keep sonic's presence around.

Archie Sonic sold excellently. You're just a retard you goes by Diamond Distribution even though that only counts comics sold in LCS and Archie sells most of their comics through subscription, newstands.

Every issue was selling about 45000 copies. That puts it within the top 30 best selling comics easily. That's 45000 comics getting into the hands of fans in the USA alone. That doesn't count fans reading them online or the second hand market.

That ignores reprints, with was Archie's bread and butter. Or the fact it sold well enough to support two additional comics.

The only delusional people are Yea Forums retards that think Archie Sonic was unimportant.

Gonna need some proof on that one.

Fuck off I'm not you mommy. Google it. For taxation purposes once every year Archie was required to print a dense summary of how many comics they sold, this summary would appear as a blurb somewhere within a comic.

If you want to spend a few hours looking it up be my guest, but I'm not going to fetch it for you.

>Fuck off I'm not you mommy
You don't know that, whore.

Bullshit. Your video game comic book autismo bubble is small as fuck, people played Sonic on Genesis and Dreamcast. Get real

Ironically it was the only keeping Sonic fans until Sonic Adventure. And that created a whole new set of problems as Sonic Team's official echidna lore clashed with Penders'
Maya/Incas/Ainu vs Kryptonians.

Archie Comics are abysmal garbage and deserve no respect

What the fuck is wrong with Ken Penders? Why is he like that?

What is your favorite part of the franchise friend?

Sonic 2, City Escape, and Generations

I do. Not because they're good characters (because they aren't) but rather because we all know the reason why they're gone. The world is a little harder to face knowing that there are people out there who would snuff out that which brings people happiness for their own gains.

I just wish they would erase Sonic too and finish the job. They took away his ability to show emotions. His extended family. Even his real family. They've stripped him of everything important to keep his apperance a valuable merchandizing tool with as little effort as possible, despite being a character nobody under the age of 30 even likes. If Sonic too went away then we could bury him and honor what little dignity remained. But there he is. Starring in shit games. Thinkgen of fast

Attached: 1554790179733.jpg (719x1111, 279K)

Tails always had the science role in the games. The localization erased it from his character for years.

Cringe

Oh im sorry its not the Life and Times of Lara-Su

The guy knows next to fuck all about Sonic and he plagiarizes from John Byrne

Autism and delusion. He believes that his OCs are completely his and only got them because Archie fucked up and lost the contracts. And then he thinks his stories are going to be successful. And he's completely fine destroying a line of comics in doing so.

>And then he thinks his stories are going to be successful

I don't know why this myth perpetuates.
Ken Penders never intend to release the Lara-Su chronicles. He had to pretend to want to make a comic/movie/video game so he could sue for loss of profit if Archie ever slipped up.

Dude was a scumbag jew who wanted to sue SEGA/Archie for every penny.

>Being this delusional
Sonic 2006, the one acclaimed to be the worst of them all, sold over 700.000 copies which is a far more grand number the comics could ever achieve, at best the comics could have sold 100.000 a month, take into account that the comics sell far far cheaper than the games and you will have to admit that even the shittiest of Sonic games have made more money for Sega than the comics during their entire run.
Yes the comics did feed some fans of the franchise, but they did not keep sonic alive by a long shot. The comic fandom is minuscule compared to the videogames fandom.

The amount of money it makes for SEGA is fucking irrelevant to the impact it had on the fandom.
A) Of course it isn't going to make SEGA mega bucks, SEGA isn't making the comic, Archie is paying a licensing fee to make the comic
B) The cost to make a big budget video game like Sonic 06 is like 30 million dollars vs maybe $10,000 for a ongoing comic, of course the revenue isn't the same

But your own numbers just fucking proved the point. Conservatively if we say Sonic only sold 45,000 issues per comic, that's 540,000 comics sold each year, over half a million. That is every year. And you know Sonic Universe only sold slightly less than the main comic, so if you add that in it's reaching almost a million comics sold each year.

That is comicbooks reaching the hands of Sonic fans, from the most dedicated to completely new Sonic fans as it was sold in places like grocery stores where kids could easily buy it.

You guys are so desperate to minimize the importance of Archie Sonic because you guys are SEETHING. You were SEETHING when it was in publication, for it representing everything you wishes the Sonic franchise wasn't. And you're SEETHING now because you got what you wanted, and it was shit.

Yes

>This entire mess

Attached: 1467815423669.jpg (441x290, 216K)

Didn't Penders write Pachacamac's tribe as a bunch of rejects from his echidna society to emphasize that they were not part of his all-important lore?

>can't even dispute

Attached: 1560189009248.png (631x586, 31K)

Penders can go suck a pack of raw echidna dicks. His hackjob of a backstory is non-canon anyway

SatAM and Archiefags desperately clinging on the the delusion they Archie Sonic was important to the overall franchise.

God no. The games wouldn't have sucked so hard if it was.

Hated how much screen time the freedom fighters had but I miss how Archie was a celebration of the entire franchise. You had AOSTH characters, Satam characters, even obscure shit like Wendy Witchcart. IDW is so corporate and safe, only major game characters and tons of shitty OCs will ever appear.

700k people is a bigger number than 45k you numbskull.
Even if we were to be generous and say that of those 700k only somehow 50% of them are actually fans they are still 350k people, the comic books fans barely are a bit over 10% of that number and that is while being generous on speculations of the allegedly worst game ever Sonic had.

Archie Sonic was worse than the games.

>who gives a fuck about Rotor.
I do, and I love him.

Attached: grinning homosexual muscular timid walrus is pleased to meet you.png (862x842, 338K)

Is maths hard for you?
The comic was released 12 times a year. Every year.
A single game is released once. That 700,000 is it's lifetime sales.

You keep trying to deliberately misrepresent my argument as saying the comics were more important than the games. I have not said that, I've explicitly said that isn't the case. What you are desperate to say is the comics had no impact, and the loss of Archie comics was irreverent. The most stupid, blatantly in denial stance possible.

And hell, lets take a more modern game like Lost Worlds that only sold 0.37m as according to VGchartz. That is less than the yearly sale of the comics.

Sonic is a dying franchise, and killing Archie Sonic greatly sped up its demise.

Sometimes. Sometimes not.

Don't put words in people's mouth and read carefully.
The argument is>Sonic is dying a slow death, and without something like Archie Sonic keeping fans interested between the next crappy game SEGA shits out, people are naturally tuning out.
Which is not true by long and far.

Hah. I can name at least 3 games that I know you've never actually played.

Based trash rotorbro

Yes.

Sonic 2006 wasnt that bad, in fact it could be fixed with a remake, the biggest problem was the bad coding

every time I read a comic

not at all, no

They should have ended with Issue #125 even though the space issues afterwards were decent, the comic series went downhill after Sonic's return.

This guy and Scourge are the only ones I'm gonna miss. The others were annoying and got in the way imo

Attached: file.png (448x710, 427K)

Scourge and Dr. Finnetivus were the only good Penders creations

Attached: image.jpg (1119x1651, 196K)

Sonic but green how interesting

More interesting than when he was simply "Evil Sonic", at least.

Penders didn't 'create them. Flynn gave them every single aspect of their character that fans liked. They were just salvaged from characters that appeared early in the comic's history.

That explains why he's actually interesting unlike everything else originally made by Penders.

Honestly it reminds me of the problem Hello Kitty had when she first started out. She was being plastered everywhere but had zero story to her. Once they gave her real interests, a family, proper friends and even made her British did she explode in to popularity. Now that they got rid of so much of his lore and family he's just kind of boring and less cool.

And the story.

At least they tried again with the characters in Aggretsuko. With Sonic they just said "no characters are allowed to be interesting ever and that's final" across the entire franchise.

Sonic's boring, annoying parents and shitty love interests didn't make him cool.

Parents rarely do. But they remind you of where you came from.

Attached: Hedgehog_Family.jpg (708x368, 144K)

SEGA will have to give Sonic character development eventually. His 30th anniversary is fast approaching

Monopoly Sonic, Metal Sonic, and Tranny Sonic sharing a meal.

Mickey Mouse has existed for 90 years and never received any development. Sonic is Sega's Mickey. He doesn't need development, he's a fucking brand mascot.

The comics gave him plenty. Same with donald and scrooge under carl barks and don rosa.

Sonic should have stayed in the 90s or at the very least had an honorable death in the earls 00s

I never got why his dad was still roboticized, Uncle Chuck was cool.

His dad was going to die and that's why the roboticizer was invented, to keep him alive. Undoing his roboticization is the same as killing him.

His dad was mortally wounded and roboticized to save his life. If he's ever turned back he'd drop dead.

>pretending the comics matter in the long run

>Boring

'scuse you?

Attached: 0 (2).jpg (500x247, 60K)

Yes, boring. They were boring.

You talkin’ shit on Mania, motherfucker?

It is a game series, but you'd think with over two decades of multimedia saturation that people would also remember this is a franchise.

Attached: Dpkj-r3WsAAKVkY.jpg (1200x1071, 119K)

Could someone explain me how there is two robotniks in the comics? Like why...?

Original one died. New one came over from another dimension after he killed everyone in his own universe.
Shit doesn’t matter anyway, they rarely mention that he’s a new character, everyone treats him like he’s the old one even his Nephew.

I think the last time it ever got brought up, Sonic was told that Eggman couldn't be sent back to his own dimension because his presence was crucial to balancing Sonic's own dimension or something.

And Sonic's arms turn blue

Multiverse rules say "There must always be an eggman and a sonic" so a sonic who killed his eggman got paired up with an eggman who killed his sonic.

He never cares about OC's that much, he just wanted ransom Archie for money.
So is technicaly pokemon.
And so did archie. Guess what happend in both cases.

Greatness happened.

>Hahaha whoops looks like I foiled your plan again birdbrain, also if you pull this shit again and endanger my friends like that then I will find you and murder the fuck out of you and don't think you can run away because I'm pretty fucking fast

Are people in here seriously saying Archie was the thing keeping the franchise together?

There wasn't a legitimate Sonic game exclusive for the Saturn

I miss all the sexy Sally fanart.

I do miss them, and would like to see them back, but it's probably for the best to leave it be. I just wished we had gotten the resolution to Mecha Sally instead of having it get retconned out of existence. Mecha Sally was the best use any writer has ever gotten out of Sally, and it's a shame it ended halfway through.

Bringing it back after the fact just means we will either have some writer attempting to continue from that point without knowing what was planned, or a complete reboot meaning they will have the same value as any other OC that gets thrown in like Tangle. Either way would be bad. Best to let them rest in peace.

Nickelodeon didn't had to reference or use anything from any of the other versions of the TMNT when they bought the license. They could've just gone the easy way and just appeal to 87 fags...but they didn't. 2012 TMNT and the IDW Comic had plenty of references to all the cartoons, the comics, the games and even the live action versions (moreso, the IDW comic before it's decent into fanfiction madness)

Just like Sony/Tristar does wit hthe Ghostbusters comic, and just like Hasbro does with any Transformers media. Because they know they bought a franchise with an impressive lgeacy and they can cash in on hardcore fans obsession with that legacy.

Nobody really wants the FF or any of the SatAM shit to take over the comic again, but at the same time, nobody wants to forget that Sonic has existed in multiple media for nearly 3 decades, as every generation has a different version of Sonic & friends that they grew up with, and simply would like some acknowledgement of those memories by SEGA proper.

Only purinical peons still think Sonic is ONLY a video game franchise after countless cartoons, comics, manga, and facial make-up for nearly 30 years.

See that is the fucking problem:

Sonic isn't supposed to be Mickey Mouse, he's supposed to be video game Bugs Bunny. He's supposed to be cool and funny, not

And if he wasn't, then the fuckers over at SOA where brilliant marketers who knew how to sell a video game. I fell for that "Mascot with an Attitude" bit, hook line and sinker.

Ever since The Japs shoved the "real" version of Sonic in the games, Sonic became a lame ass bitch with a basic personality and cringy one liners.

>TMNT
They still pander only to 87 fags
>Transformers
You mean GEEWUN with knees?

>Blackster Stockman
>Karai
>Utrom besides Krang
>Leatherhead without a cajun accent
>Agent Bishop
>Alopex (who's also a Ninjara tribute)
>Mighty Mutanimals
>Practically any mutant that was an action figure but wasn't a cartoon
>Using villians and characters from the Mirage comics
>Using villians and characters from Archie comics
>Actually treating Usagi with respect to the source material
>a legitly threatening Shredder and the Foot
>Not using April as a reporter
>Not making Casey into a psycho meathead
>Krang is a race of stupid aliens

>Appealing to 87 Fags

>I fell for that "Mascot with an Attitude" bit, hook line and sinker.
AWW YEAH, THIS IS HAPPENING!
For real, I did love this 90's Sonic, shame we'll probably never see him like that again.

Bad line, that wasn't 90's Sonic you..

>1998
>1999 in US

...nope never mind. My bad. Carry on.

I guess for me, it's just not as 90's as Jaleel White's Version. I mean, he was Poochie as hell, but at least he made it sound convincing.

Drummond just sounded more like an old white dude trying to sound hip.

>Not making Casey into a psycho meathead
Sad part is, that was the best part of 87. Seeing Casey get that office job while still wearing the hockey mask was too goddamn funny.

Aaaaaand this is the only reason anyone still gives a damn about SatAM.

Some of us have better taste than stupid squirrel Yea Forumsmrade.

Attached: dolcisprinkles-bunnie-rabbot.png (1500x2307, 2.23M)