Animated movies are dead

>Aladdin and TLK are box-office hits
>all animated films this year besides TS4 have underperformed or flopped
Get ready for more live-action remakes and hyperrealistic CGI. Stylized 3D animation is going the way of 2D.

Attached: 72F25386-D997-4A4D-B066-A1AA022CF099.jpg (750x702, 353K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films
youtube.com/watch?v=88LBkZwvXQ0
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-23/weathering-with-you-debuts-at-no.1-tokyo-ghoul-s-at-no.7-at-japan-box-office/.149243
boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/yearly/
kogyotsushin.com/archives/alltime/
nytimes.com/2019/07/21/movies/lion-king-box-office.html?searchResultPosition=6
youtu.be/Hv1K9roa4cc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Normies should be murdered or at least sterilized (with no anesthetic especially females).

Just wait until November OP, just wait

*American animated movies are dead

Little girls will lap it up regardless of quality. Same for Chinese next year.

Disney won the summer box office who can stop them?

Not the DOJ

It's animated in name only. None of the kids in Disney's target demographic think this is an animated movie.

The ride will also come to a screeching, screaming halt when some kid gets mauled to death after jumping into an enclosure at a zoo because the animals looked just like Lion King. That shit was already happening from 2D singing animals, this is just gonna make it much worse.

Well don't look at me, I didn't give those any money.

Themselves. Much like how Sony has grown arrogant recently with making their HQ California, they must completely destroy themselves. Sony is doing it with their more SJW friendly censorship policy. Funny, Nintendo being censor happy bastards is what helped them become losers when the PS1 came out. Many third parties were happy to abandon Nintendo (some more than others like Squaresoft who Nintendo told "Don't ever come back!"). But it seems the PS5 is in trouble as it's going to be a censor console. Sony may finally experience delicious failure.

Disney will do the same. Grow arrogant and abuse its position of power as the number 1 entertainment media and animation corporation that hopefully they manage to ANGER even the retarded garbage eating normie mouth breathers.

>Summer
They won the 2019 Box Office.
The top 7 films of 2019 will all be Disney/Marvel movies. The closest runner-up is a Chinese language sci-fi film.

>hopefully they manage to ANGER even the retarded garbage eating normie mouth breathers.
So far they've only managed to anger the retarded garbage eating autist mouth breathers tho.

Watched it with a co-worker I'm currently dating, was okay. With how Yea Forums is eternally buttaugured over this movie, you'd think it raped them in an alleyway or something.

Why did this succeed when final fantasy the spirits within failed?

They raped Muh Luke Skywalker.
Absolutely 100% of this rage is directly related to Muh Star Wars infantilism.

You are forgetting that Homecoming is not technically Disney, and also discounting Hobbes and Shaw/Jumanji too much.

7 Disney distributed films and 8 Disney produced films in the top 10 isn't bad though

Because FFtSW was a pretty dull story.

>You are forgetting that Homecoming is not technically Disney
I specifically said Disney/Marvel. FFH is a Marvel movie about a Disney owned IP.

Kill yourself.

I outright refuse to believe that any of these films are doing as well as Disney tries to portray them. The most I would believe is Endgame.

This shit doesn't add up.

If Frozen 2 fails to meet Disney’s expectations, they’re likely going to cancel all their future animated projects or retool them into live-action.

Go play with your action figure dollies.

Disney DOES do foul play in box office stats like stating that Captain Marvel Dyke somehow is exceedingly successful.

Because Spirits Within was boring as fuck even with the pretty visuals for the time.

>Animated film
Didn’t they say this was a life action movie? Make up your minds.

Frozen 2 could underperform Frozen and still break a billiion.
Incredibles 2 broke 1.3 billion. CGI cartoonies are going nowhere.

prove it

It's directly related to Disney's cynical strategy of remaking their animated classics instead of creating new content

You are always good for a laff.

Attached: Larson.png (325x546, 448K)

Frozen 2 is not going to fail. Retarded Little Cunts who eat up Disney Princess Shit simply love shit. Little girls are easier to impress than even stupid women. As such if anything Frozen 2 may sell 2 billions at the box office. God I hate Disney Princess Shit. Giving women rights is a horrible mistake (yes moron reading this, women having the right to work means they earn disposable income to buy Disney Princess Shit so fuck you).

>top all-time opening for an animated film
>everyone keeps calling it "live-action" for marketing purposes

Attached: 1561943931226.png (892x1106, 949K)

>marketing purposes
Its basically to prevent it being confused for the original.

But if Disney does something controversial, like having Elsa being a lesbian, it could affect international sales.

Bugger off and learn how to spell

>"Disney DOES do foul play in box office stats"

>"At the 2019 San Diego Comic-Con, Feige announced that Disney had overlooked $2 million of weekday ticket sales when doing accounting and that Endgame would surpass Avatar's total box office return that weekend to be the highest-grossing film."

Sounds like some HIGHLY suspicious accounting bullshit. "Oh we only need that much to beat Avatar? Well how funny look what we just happened to find laying around! LOL guess we win!"

Attached: 1498421588545.jpg (372x290, 17K)

based

>baaaaah, bahhhh, what's wrong with this corporate product I saw with a """girl""", bahhhh

Attached: Flock_of_sheep.jpg (1776x2700, 1.47M)

Disney understands the art of PG and G film-making and international marketing better than any studio in history, with the results you can see.
The socially woke stuff will stay carefully placed in the PG-13 material.

They tested the waters with the gay dude (in a church no less) in Endgame. I think they'll be fine, unfortunately.

Because EVERYONE ate up this, right?

Attached: AE3B21A4-C0F8-4A40-9C1E-9E01403B9A59.jpg (770x1100, 265K)

I doubt those suits care what you think, and I doubt you know enough about math to know how anything adds up if you're continuing to believe in the bullshit narrative that they're somehow fudging their numbers. This is the same fucking company that admitted it was disappointed in how Age of Ultron performed despite it earning 1.4 billion fucking dollars.

Yes, shorts and direct-to-video are entirely indicative of Disney's future chances of success.
Congrats, your weaponized Autism has broken the code.

You don't have to be an utter loser to post here, user. It's okay to have a life outside of Yea Forums, the world isn't that scary.

This one has a nostalgic name going for it. Yeah, Final Fantasy is a popular franchise, but it was a recent hype at the time and it's no Lion King.

>Final Fantasy is a popular franchise
At the time Final Fantasy 7 was a popular franchise (outside of nerd gaming circles).
Spirits Within was just some unrelated OC alien planet shit.

I think at least FF8 was out at the time.
But yeah, I wouldn't doubt word of mouth killed it. That shit didn't even have chocobos. I think the only thing in common with the Final Fantasy franchise in general was a guy named Sid with a flying contraption.

All Final Fantasies are unrelated OC shit, it's just that Spirits Within was dull as hell by any standard.

If this Lion King gets acknowledged as live action. film by the academy awards bricks will be thrown.

Normies think this looks good as FUCK are really excited for it. I work at a government agency with a bunch of complete idiots and every single person in there though Aladdin was great and is psyched as fuck about Lion King. Normies think more realistic = better no matter what.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190718-181317_Chrome.jpg (703x468, 154K)

>OP has shit taste
>the next generation of animation viewers agree
Your time is up

of course government workers has lower standards. anything to make them feel alive again.

They didn't even spell "Cid" right.

Is it me or the mouth looks kinda out of place?

I might have gotten it wrong, but figured it's hard to tell with japanese translations and fan game translations.

I'm pissed that the general movie audience eats this fucking slop up like it's the finest pudding, yet movies like King of the Monsters gets shit on.

Attached: tumblr_n2sir6SpJw1rhis53o1_400.gif (286x225, 997K)

King of the Monsters was shit. Trailers spoiled everything too.

Fuck realism and fuck CGI

Attached: 1549355350139.jpg (320x240, 18K)

You enjoy that roast beef user. Tell your coworker's boyfriend I said hi

Took the words out of my mouth, user. Fuck this fucking stupid decade of 3D garbage.

Attached: 1164A3DB-C0BA-4B88-8687-D0188C6CBD39.jpg (326x326, 24K)

And even for the "Pretty Visuals" shit lighting was pretty fucking dark in most of the scenes from what i recall, so you didn't even get to see that much of the pretty stuff.

I've decided I'm glad death is inevitable

KotM somehow managed to be dumber than the silliest Toho flick.
Which is stunning.

Fuck off back to R3ddit.

You idiot, you just called him the bull.

I honestly haven't cared since it was obvious 2D was never coming back. People are going to watch anything made by Disney because they've been conditioned to do just that, it's best to not give a fuck and find decent animation elsewhere.

>Superhero costumes are redesigned to look more tactical
>Fictional monsters like Chucky are given modern non-magical updates
>Animated films being remade as realistically as possible
Who ground the general audiance's imaginations to dust anyway?

Disney and on purpose. If you lower the expectations then it becomes easier to wow people.

Those cartoon reviewer niggas blabber on about "dark ages of animation" they ain't even seen nothing yet.
Get ready for some shit, because if this is Disney, the imitators will be worse.

What will Disney remake when it's done with it's big name animated movies? Do you really think they'd start doing their C-tier stuff from the 70's and 80's?

You are a fucking braindead mouthbreathing shit eating bottom dwelling inbred 30 year old diaper wearing retard if you think KotM was sillier than space cockroaches building an amusement park to conquer the world while a talking Anguirus and Godzilla try to stop them

Attached: 20190623_151413.jpg (610x483, 139K)

It's an awfully dull remake, but shits real hard on the expressive animation of the original. You have a bunch of supposedly emotional scenes with emotional dialogue, being carried out by characters who aren't allowed to fucking emote because they're photorelatic animals. Everything feels less alive, despite looking so very real.

Worst thing is people are lapping it up. Overheard some of the teens i'm tutoring in drawing talking about how they thought it looked really good and better than original. I think I did a pretty awful job of hiding my butthurt and disdain when they asked me what I thought.

General audiences are embarrassed to watch something that could be seen as corny or childish so realism is put in place to market films. Also these movies are full of tongue-in-cheek humor so you don't feel bad watching a kids' movie as a grown-up.

sequels to the big name animated movies, probably.

They aren't stopping with original stuff either,

Then maybe they could go watch an art film or something that actually stimulates their minds instead of remakes of children's films and inherently corny things like superhero movies.

>MLP movie was 2D
>not even the fans watched it en masse
Can't blame them for some reasons, but still.

"Gonorrhea!?"
"I'll get in this Osprey and go look for my daughter, she's SOMEWHERE ON THE PLANET!"
Godzilla being some nobody's White Whale, to the point of personally acknowledging him more than once.
Godzilla standing on the ocean's surface
Personally, I felt the roaches had a less baffling motive than the Mother/Daughter in KotM.

I want 2D animation to return but I'd sooner watch it die than sit through a movie about cartoon ponies.

>Worst thing is people are lapping it up. Overheard some of the teens i'm tutoring in drawing talking about how they thought it looked really good and better than original. I think I did a pretty awful job of hiding my butthurt and disdain when they asked me what I thought.

It DOES look pretty good. The art team did a fantastic job of capturing the mannerisms of over a dozen animals in CGI. It's the pinnacle of CGI animation at this moment and they outdid Pixar with it. The story, rewrites, direction, voice direction was an afterthought and clearly Disney's focus was just making it look good and go with style over substance. Even James Earl Jones did a shit job which tells me they had most of the voice actors record lines separately and they didn't do many retakes otherwise they wouldn't have let some of Mufasa's lines in the final product when he clearly was doing the wrong emotion for the lines he was delivering.

$0.02 Disney buxTM have been deposited into your account.

Was just an observation, you do you.

It's very impressive at first, and you sometimes forget you're not watching actual animals, but that's all it ended up being, a 2 hour long demonstration of how far Disney has come with its photorealistic CGI.

If I wanted to watch real lions doing realistic lions things (such as not making human expressions), i'd watch animal planet.

it's only going to increase. in the not so distant future instead of realistic CGI animals, you could have entire movies of realistic CGI people. Disney especially has been using the existing technology a lot in the Star Wars and Marvel movies to de-age or re-create characters.

None of those things you listed match how fucking insane the old toho films. Not even crazier than the silliest Marvel films. Just fucking admit that you have a bias against the film and you suck literal bags of cock.

Attached: 1558586707408.gif (326x281, 110K)

>They aren't stopping with original stuff either
They already aborted Gigantic, and Ralph Breaks the Internet didn’t make that much money to matter. Wouldn’t be surprised if Dragon Empire gets canceled or retooled as live-action.

For God's sake,
Why is this succeeding so much where Dumbo failed?

I see the bland brownness of the OP image and I'm already asleep
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rent free, and you're a huge faggot

we want the planet earth audience, except with cgi animals that are less vibrant and expressive than real life animals

>It's animated in name only. None of the kids in Disney's target demographic think this is an animated movie.
Yep. Disney will cease to exist as an animation studio. They’ll just do live-action and VFX from now on.

Because it's called the fucking Lion King. I don't know why anyone is surprised when they've been making these shitty remakes for a while now and the success of each remake has been directly proportional to how well the original movie did, regardless of the remake's quality. It's pure nostalgia selling these awful movies.

t. retard who never heard "my wife's kid/husband" cuck jokes before

Did she at least suck your dick after the movie?

You clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Nobody with any actual knowledge on the topic is buying your shit.

Attached: GvH13.jpg (1411x570, 302K)

Endgame audience is not the same as the animation audience, retard.

I never claimed KotM was crazier than Toho, just dumber. KotM doesn't happen in a Magical World with tiny faerie girls who talk to monsters and UFOs with Japanese aliens.
It attempts to be grounded, and yet is full of retarded shit.

Attached: Emotionally compromised.jpg (510x510, 38K)

normies are pure cancer

I feel you bro

Attached: 1559491289434.jpg (720x864, 76K)

2D animation will be just for indie films, just like with videogames.

KotM box office is what happens when you only cater to the 49% male audience in any way.
Dredd box office is when you further shove an R-rating onto such a film.

Anyone who thought KotM was going to even get within sight of a billion dollars fundamentally misunderstands movie box office.

Attached: Dredd.jpg (640x393, 28K)

Disney CHADS win again

Most of the box office is from nostalgia bait. Making shitty live actions isn't sustainable.

Why would animation fans be more reactive to LGBT than capeshit fans? Actually aren't most Avengers fans basically just normies?

Just watch anime

>Making shitty live actions isn't sustainable.
LOL, so at what point are you going to call "Live-Action Cartoon Fatigue" for us. You lovable dimwit.

>Actually aren't most movie fans basically just normies?
Fix'd

When Disney runs out of good classics to make a live action with, retard. You think people are going to line up to see a live action of Treasure Planet?

They'll line up to see a live action Frozen. Live action Incredibles will be Fantastic Four (more or less). I don't doubt they could sell live action Princess and the Frog (probably even better than the cartoon).

>animation is kill
>no

Attached: ChowderGasp.jpg (639x476, 80K)

>aren't most Avengers fans basically just normies?
...I miss the days when I'd laugh hard at this phrase

I fucking hate general audiences

So let me return to the question, dimwit. What's the point of Live-Action fatigue? 10 more movies? 15? How many more billions will they rake in before "Disney is Finished!"?

And by the time Disney ruins their reputation with all these garbage live actions they'll pay the price. They'll go back to doing real animation instead of coping with their lack of creativity with these shitty remakes.

>aliens
King Ghidorah is literally an alien in the new movie.

Doesn't matter how you try to rationalize it. The old movies were definitely dumber and more nonsensical. The new one doesn't even come close. It's like you're trying to argue "the new movie wasn't near as dumb as the old ones so it's actually dumber".

Nobody is looking at the new movie like it's a grounded story thinking "wow this could totally happen!"

Attached: images_jmaison_Editorials_godzilla_dropkick.jpg (1200x600, 80K)

98% of any top-grossing movie's audience is normies.
Dredd is what happens when normies don't show up. All the Snyder films floated on the backs of (increasingly unsatisfied) normies.

>And by the time Disney ruins their reputation with all these
Disney's reputation is safe, family-friendly fun. Not appeal to super-autistic LCS dwellers.

Real animation is never coming back. Most of these movies will not fail.

>...I miss the days when I'd laugh hard at this phrase
You mean before any of the Avengers movies?

If you had a brain, you would look up the number of animated features without a live action and do basic math.

If you're trying to bait me out into implying that Disney will suffer some irredeemable financial loss with these movies, then obviously not retard. They're too big for that and they can obviously just fix it up with another hit like Frozen.

The only fantastical convention in KotM is the existence of titanic, ancient monsters. Duh, Ghidorah is from space. That in no way breaks the otherwise grounded universe of KotM, where the twins are just Chink scientists, and they need modulated waves to call to the monsters.
Its a sequel to a very grounded Godzilla movie.

It almost attempts to be pure Sci-Fi, (impossible with the scale of the creatures but still), and thus it's jarring when it gets ludicrously stupid.
It'd be like having Conan the Barbarian with wire-fu moves and anime Special Attacks and Wizards summoning comets.

Just because they don't fail in box office doesn't mean they don't fail in ratings.

So the whole "Making shitty live actions isn't sustainable" is just you talking out of your ass.
Ok.
Because clearly they can sustain it for years and years before moving onto the next Big Thing.

Probably

Because animation is still seen as kiddie shit, therefore you have parents who lose their shit over gay Elsa.

It failed the way it did because the first movie was already getting shit because apparently the audience was too blind to see the fight scenes and hated being cockblocked from other fights

So when KotM came out and gave the critics what they wanted they still kept up the meme of not being able to see the fights and shitting on the humans even though the movie spoiled kaiju fans so hard

Fine restaurants arent going anywhere just because McDonalds exists.

>doesn't mean they don't fail in ratings.
Studios don't make big-budget popcorn films for critical recognition. Its funny that you imagine they do.

Potentially much more than that. If Maleficent 2 does well there's going to more sequels in the future, not just straight remakes.

>Dredd is what happens when normies don't show up.
A good movie is usually normalfag repellent.

That's not what "sustainable" means, dumbfuck. Look up the word in the dictionary. If there is a limit to the number of live actions they can make, then it's not sustainable. If they have to "move on" then it's not sustainable, which is exactly what you just said.

Except they do you fucking retard. Critical recognition = sales. If a studio consistently makes bad movies then nobody is going to watch it. The only reason why a bad movie would be a box office hit is if the studio's trying to milk a franchise.

But Marvel is also kiddie shit. Don't remember any parents losing their shit.

>If there is a limit to the number of live actions they can make, then it's not sustainable.
So you are predicting that Disney will stop making animated movies at some point? Are you really this big a pinhead?

Yup. Until like, a decade before, there were even good comics with them. Not a whole lot of people cared though.

>Critical recognition = sales.
The very movie this thread started on absolutely laughs at this idea. Michael Bay would laff in your face.

>The only reason why a bad movie would be a box office hit is if the studio's trying to milk a franchise.
Did you forget to read this part of the post?

>Critical recognition = sales.
Critics loved this, and it is also in the most popular genre of movies in theaters for the last 10 years.

Attached: Shazam.jpg (3531x1506, 966K)

You're inventing an arbitrary measure of "dumber" that makes it so the Toho movies could never possibly be "dumber" than the new ones.

You arbitrarily decide the new Godzilla is TOO close to being realistic yet so far away from realistic that it's stupid. Old movies are apparently MAGIC so nothing is dumber because pic-related.

Attached: its-magic-i-aint-gotta-explain-shit2.jpg (800x450, 84K)

>7 Disney distributed films and 8 Disney produced films in the top 10 isn't bad though
It totally is because they used to only get 3 on average. 10 years ago they only had 1. Even just 5 years ago they only had 2. The other studios have let themselves get fucked in the ass

I'm saying that a Power Rangers movie comes with a certain expectation of absurdity.
Pacific Rim wasn't built with this expectation in mind.
This it is possible for a film like Pacific Rim 2 to be dumber than a Power Rangers movie, while less absurd.

To put it another way, having Henry Cavill rewind time by flying around Earth is dumber than having Christopher Reeves do it.

>It hasn't even been a week yet and this soulless fucking remake has already made over 500 million dollars
I fucking hate normies god damn.

Attached: 1447073314437.jpg (403x403, 53K)

I doubt too many are fond of you.

>one exception means that my argument falls apart
This isn't theoretical math, retard.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films
Look at the top highest grossing films and realize that they are high grossing because they either 1) are good movies or 2) are sequels to good movies so they're being milked. Sales comes from first creating a critically acclaimed movie, not from creating shitty movies.

>like having Elsa being a lesbian
That's never going to happen. All the lesbian talk was spawned from people wanting her to fuck her sister. She's probably going to remain "asexual" if anything

Everybody's only watching it to see how bad it is. That's why I went.

Yea Forums keeps saying normies enjoy this shit but I visited my boomer family who are the biggest sheeples in the world, and they started telling me "you know that new Lion King, that isn't right, it's not like the movie we went to see you were a little boy".

>2) are sequels to good movies so they're being milked.
Yet every WB/DC sequel has done worse and worse, excepting TDK. In a few cases they've run the franchise into the absolute dirt.

The idea of sequels being big performers really didn't exist before the MCU, when you were a toddler.

>The idea of sequels being big performers really didn't exist before the MCU
>Pirates of the Carribean
>Shrek
>Ice Age
Did you even look at the list?

Then saying "KotM somehow managed to be dumber than the silliest Toho flick" is meaningless when you're holding the Toho films to different standards where their dumb shit is just accepted and not considered dumb.

If a retard does something stupid that doesn't make it less stupid just because you expect it from them.

That's the power of The Lion King franchise.

Which baffles mes as to why they never brought back TImon and Pumbaa.

Not another Emoji Movie situation.

Less than 10. They've already peaked with these remakes with Lion King, once they run out of renaissance films is when they should be worried since people don't have nostalgia for the really old movies or the newer movies.

Nigger normies love live action regardless of quality, I still remember normies saying Dragon Ball Evolution was good because it's still Dragon Ball. It was bound to happen.

Just wait for other studios to jump on the bandwagon: live-action/realistic Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Despicable Me, Hotel Transylvania, etc.

Attached: laughing gentleman.webm (710x400, 212K)

Fuck your shit, I live with 2 girls at the same time (not muslim just a giggolo) and I say this movie and the incoming live-action movies are total diarrhea. I'm also a minority too. Where is your excuse now?

>They've already peaked with these remakes with Lion King,
I am 100% certain you were already claiming the peak was reached before Lion King, and it would underperform.

You would think wrong. I'm not a retard and knew the Lion King was going to do fantastically at the box office after Aladdin came out and made nearly a billion dollars despite looking like complete shit.

The Little Mermaid is also going to great at the box office, just not as well as Lion King.

How? Lion King was the most successful 2D animated film of all time and grossed much more than 2D Aladdin and BatB. As good as the rest of the Renaissance films are (Mermaid, Mulan, Tarzan), they won't do as well as Lion King even if they actually end up being good films.

Live-action Frozen may top them all.

Japanese ones are dead too after Kyonai went up.

I imagine even normies think "yup nothing beats the originals!", but are still eager to see the new films due to nostalgia. They having nothing meaningful going on in their lives so they try to fill the emptiness with movies like this.

There are legit a ton of people who go to the movies and don't even know WHAT they're going to see. They just decide once they get there with barely any prior-knowledge.
>"Oh look... they have that new Lion King movie. I guess we can see that."

Attached: 2jy24u.jpg (636x773, 32K)

Not if Halle Bailey plays Ariel. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a non-white person acting but Ariel was clearly a white redhead. It's like playing a non-Asian girl as Mulan.

>live-action/realistic Shrek

Attached: Changes009-oi.jpg (2000x1326, 149K)

Japanese animated movies were dead since Miyazaki stopped making movies

>They having nothing meaningful going on in their lives so they try to fill the emptiness
Totally unlike you, who has a fulfilling life of posting modified Wojacks on a Mongolian Baskeet Weaving forum.

>Yea Forums keeps saying normies enjoy this shit
This movie has shitty rating everywhere, how would normies enjoy it? The only people that enjoy it are hardcore delusional nostalgiafags.

>They having nothing meaningful going on in their lives so they try to fill the emptiness with movies like this.
The definition of projection.

> The only people that enjoy it are hardcore delusional nostalgiafags.
I'm sorry but wouldn't a hardcore nostalgiafag mean they hate anything new?

>I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a non-white person acting but
It's a shame people can't just take your opinion for what it is without you having to defend against being labeled a racist. We should be able to want the characters to look like they're supposed to look without it being a racist thing.

Would also be annoyed if they cast a white girl with black hair for Ariel.

Attached: 26-evil-captain-america.w700.h700.jpg (417x417, 59K)

It has an "A" audience rating. What are you even talking about?
No one gives a fuck about Almond Milk and E-celebrities, except you.

>delusional

Jokes on you I fill the emptiness with booze. Which incidentally is the only way I'd bother watching any of these live-action movies.

Attached: ee3fb29b9c8e07c375bbb4211dac2c42e87ade59.png (575x446, 169K)

>Muh Miyazaki
Look at this fucking normalfag over here.

What good standalone animated films has Japan made in the last 5 years other than A Silent Voice & Your Name?

People are seriously overestimating "critics's" opinions, no one gives a shit. What matters much more is a friend circle when it comes to opinions.

>What good standalone animated films has Japan made in the last 5 years other than these good standalone animated films from within the last 5 years
The problem is the idea that Miyazaki was apparently the only one making good anime movies, as though there's never been a bad Ghibli movie.

It's almost as retarded as the idea that apparently we aren't going to get any good movies anymore because Kyoani was harmed (not even gone, they still have a bunch of other studios that were fine too).

>Stylized 3D animation is going the way of 2D.
Thank God. Maybe 2d will be back.

Honestly feel a lot like Stan with these new movies: youtube.com/watch?v=88LBkZwvXQ0

Am I depressed, do I have ass burgers or do new movies just suck, it's a mystery

>This movie has shitty rating everywhere, how would normies enjoy it? The only people that enjoy it are hardcore delusional nostalgiafags.
89% audience score on rotten tomatoes disagree.

>Thank God. Maybe 2d will be back.
Um, I don't think that's how it works, sweetie.

Miyazaki was big because there weren't that many studios back then dedicated to producing movie quality content. Obviously there were some other good standalones but Ghibli was the only thing that could rival Disney in terms of animated films.
>It's almost as retarded as the idea that apparently we aren't going to get any good movies anymore
>anymore
Outside of Shinkai, there's no studio that's trying to make consistent movies. All the movies that come out all require you to watch the TV series which limits its market.

How the fuck do people not see the soullessness in this movie? Are people fucking blind or something? Like I swear the entire movie could just be a black screen and people will still praise it because of nostalgia. Like holy shit, these people have no idea what it means for a movie to be good.

>All the movies that come out all require you to watch the TV series which limits its market.
That's an interesting difference between US and Japan actually. Multiple anime franchises with the primary product being manga/TV series get theatrical release every year, but while in the US movies aren't uncommon for popular series, they're usually made for TV.

>It's shot for shot!
>30 minutes longer
>None of the charm of the musical segments
>Needless extended scenes
>but shot by shot guys!

Attached: 1468903892276.jpg (300x365, 20K)

>Like holy shit, these people have no idea what it means for a movie to be good.
They do. The idea is to be entertained. And they are, even if it's just nostalgia in the working.

ITT old people not being able to recognize they're no longer understand "it"
If you don't like it, just don't watch it.

you done fucked up

user.

Where have you been throughout the last decade? Have you been hibernating or something?

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU EXPECT ANYTHING GOOD TO EVER HAPPEN, user?!

>implying these movies aren't specifically made to appeal to 30 year old boomers who remember the original

Enjoy having our cultural scraps zoomer.

Attached: boomer.png (680x582, 358K)

I understand it, I'm just extremely jaded about it.

I think that might be the last South Park episode I liked.

New South Park seems more and more like shit.

Attached: 112432.jpg (663x579, 38K)

>Its a sequel to a very grounded Godzilla movie.

I fail to see what KotM has to do with Shin Godzilla

And kids shouldn't be eating too much mcdonalds either.

What happens when fine restaurants figure McBurgers is what sells, or/and get bought by McDonalds, though...?

The MLP movie should have turned it all around

Attached: 1561852052560.jpg (600x599, 45K)

>It's animated in name only
It's literally animated

I thought they weren’t calling it animation?

But they still bought a ticket and saw it, right?

The suits don’t care if normies think something is good as long as they’re curious enough to buy it anyway.

The raw numbers don't matter as much to them as bullshit charts do unfortunately. It could break a billion, but if that graph shows a downward trajectory they're gonna start pulling plugs.

Photorealistic animation is here to stay *for established IPs that appeal to the culturally disenfranchised in the leftmost segment of the bell curve*

Spirits Within failed for pretty obvious reasons:
- It was really, REALLY expensive for the time, especially for animation: almost 200 million dollars at current value
- General audiences had just seen Shrek two months earlier and that's what they liked to see in an animated movie, Spirits Within was an animated movie that marketed itself more like a live action movie but even today marketing something like that is kinda difficult if you aren't the world's biggest media corporation that has been indoctrinating the public for almost a full century

>animated

Its got animation, sure.
But animated movie? And the studios ENTIRE mission statement and marketing scheme for the film was "live action version of animated film", it wasnt that either though, because of the animation.

Ah, so they may claim a record, of course.

Attached: contemplative_bateman.jpg (236x236, 13K)

>She

Well yea. Can't wait for the Director to have a fit when Disney puts it up for Best Animated Feature

>the little girl commercial turned movie should've turned an entire stigma around

Attached: 5DDE578A-B2CA-4920-9FEE-5E173966A955.jpg (1136x640, 144K)

The show blew expectations through the roof

in a really bad way. It showed that even girls' television shows could be so autistic that it nuked Yea Forums for a couple months

>Actually even bothering to watch live action remakes

Attached: 3858_ext_01_0.jpg (500x500, 25K)

I’m hoping Pete Docter has had a private talk with Iger about not remaking Pixar movies
Can you imagine the emotionless uncanny horror of a photorealistic Finding Nemo

Wait it's not an animated film

Honestly she should be asexual or just lack a sexual orientation.

It's not fucking live-action either.....

>Yea Forums will be indistinguishably from Yea Forums
big yikes

JEJ at least has the excuse of being old as fuck

So Hollow Earth and the Lost Continent of Atlantis are real to you then?

Unless they dye, the hair yes. Even then, I'm not as mad as long as the make up department makes her look the part.

Endgame was pg 13. It's manchildren and teenagers

>All these normies in these threads crying that the new movie for the new more refined generations isn't excactly like their nostalgia feels.

It's all so tiresome...

Attached: Why+not+_4942c2550e71af1bc340e080bbad3898.jpg (325x279, 25K)

Weathering With You and Promare and Kaijuu no Kodomo just came out. Aside from that, some notable movies have been:

Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai
Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou
Bakemono no Ko
Doukyuusei
Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome
Liz to Aoi Tori
Omoide no Marnie
Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda
Penguin Highway
Giovanni no Shima
Yoake Tsugeru Lu no Uta
Mirai no Mirai
Mary to Majo no Hana

*in a really good way
ftfy

Miyazaki has a new movie due in 2020/2021.

What a hot pile of unimpressive animation effort.
Does Japan animate much beyond these teen Soap Operas?

Attached: bender-smoking.jpg (450x334, 55K)

You are just saying this as a reflex without knowing anything about these movies.

Even though you went to the effort of using the Weeb name instead of the familiar English names for them, I recognized quite a few of them right off.
A quick Google gave me "in this drama, teens..." and done.

Japanese by definition can't be wannabe Japanese, and I just copied the names from the MAL search.

>A quick Google gave me "in this drama, teens..." and done.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

You're doing a lot of general dismissiveness, while skirting the point that these movies are all teen dramas which is the original point that was being made.
"You are just saying this as a reflex..." assume what you will, but it is a correct reflex.

>You're doing a lot of general dismissiveness
That's exactly what you did. You're projecting.

>these movies are all teen dramas
No they aren't, and even if they were your so-called argument would still be invalid.

Alright, pick 2 from that list that aren't teen dramas.
(try not to pick the 2 that I own).
Defend your actual point, instead of this mealy-mouthed "You just don't understand my grolious animes" horseshit. Or fuck off back to Yea Forums, either way is good, you're clearly not comfortable here.

You don't get to make these demands after what you posted.

And also, this is an anime site. If you aren't comfortable with anime, maybe you should fuck off.

I thought its creators said it was notan animated movie

lmao. Sorry you got called on your bullshit user.
Next time, don't assume people posting on a Japanese image board site don't know what the Japanese are shitting out.

But I thought it "wasn't" an animated movie?

CGI rendered realism falls into a grey area. A lot of movies use CGI heavily, to the point of crossing that line and being a CGI Cool World.
Plus I suppose they wanted to make it clear this wasn't a sequel and avoid confusion with the original.

The only bullshit here came from you.

>Next time, don't assume
This is good advice and you should definitely take it.

Dude, its an Anonymous board. Just slink off or pretend you're another poster.
Don't let this failure shitter-shatter you.

I didn't fail and have no reason to slink off. You are the one who lost and embarrassed yourself.

Mmmhm. You were just about to prove me wrong, I'll just wait here.

Attached: 1396045613035.jpg (250x198, 20K)

You were obviously wrong from the start. What the fuck is wrong with you people? You always get irrationally upset when anime is mentioned and then you have a nonsensical meltdown.

Post the Proofs.

Again, you do not get to make these demands.

see

It's all so tiresome.

You don't get to make these demands. You have absolutely no right.

Eventually someone will make a fresh, interesting animated movie again. Maybe the French, though they've been dragging ass on productions I'd like to see.

Disney already said they’re NOT submitting TLK for Best Animated Feature.

see

If you post this or something similar one more time, you are conceding defeat and admitting that I am right and you are wrong. You have zero right to make these demands.

What IS viable for Best Animated this year? Japan isn't going anywhere with its pile of "Boku no Boyfriend" features.
Frozen 2 and what else?

I'm sure there's plenty of great things being made worldwide. It's just so disheartening seeing the industry ruled by a company that acts like they accomplished something great simply because they're half-assedly riding the coattails of something they did 25 years ago.

The only one of those I’ve heard about is “Mirai” and only because it was nominated for an Oscar.

Attached: I-know-you-are.jpg (300x300, 14K)

You are also forgetting Disney is literally a life style and Disney fans (Or Disniggers as I like to call them) eat up anything they throw out specially if it's in reference to le 90s movie I watch when I was 7.

I never said anything like that.

You can always tell American animation is having a slump year when they pad the category to 5 with Jap crap like Mirai.

You have no right to be this much of a faggot yet here you are. You have no right. Again you have no right. You have no right. Once again you have no right to be such a flaming homosexual that whines about having "the right" to bullshit on internet forums. You have no right.

Yeah, you're conceding defeat. You can fuck off now.

>a desire for rigid sameness is a core symptom of autism
America is autistic but anyone who is mad the remake isn't the same is moar tismal

Not that user dipshit

You are now. So fuck off.

You'll never convince him you aren't me.

Yeah really. They've got like...10 really popular animated films and then a bunch nobody really cared about.

They really gonna go for a live action Black Cauldron or Fox and the Hound?

You concede defeat. Fuck off.

>Even James Earl Jones did a shit job which tells me they had most of the voice actors record lines separately and they didn't do many retakes otherwise they wouldn't have let some of Mufasa's lines in the final product when he clearly was doing the wrong emotion for the lines he was delivering.

Yeah some of them were so bad (and not in because he's old way, but just not with the right tone for the scenes) that I was just "JEJ how are you fucking this up?! You already did this movie before."

They announced a Black Cauldron reboot a few years ago.

Which is ironically what they and many other studios were afraid of when Spirits Within came out, that the CGI people would be so good it could replace actual actors and they'd be all out of work.

Why are the Americans and Chinese so tasteless?

Attached: 1548629109459.jpg (720x833, 33K)

>they had most of the voice actors record lines separately
That's standard in America.

see

*Jon Favreau screaming in the distance about how it's not an animated movie*

You concede defeat. Fuck off.

>Why are the Americans and Chinese so tasteless?
Yeah, not like Japan!...Oh wait. (and yes Lion King is probably top this week too).

Attached: Japan Box office.jpg (1192x596, 95K)

see

I never concede defeat fucker and I've got nothing better to do all week. The last word in wins bitch and it's gonna be me.

Wut a shame. All those (((HIGH QUALITY))) Japanese animated movies, and Disney sits atop their box office for 2 months running.

You keep at Weeb-chan, I have an appointment this afternoon.

Yea Forums is batshit fucking insane. I just mentioned some notable anime movies from the last five years because someone asked, and I made no commentary on anything related to Western animation, and of course Yea Forums has a fucking massive meltdown. Just because anime was mentioned. Anime that they have never seen and know nothing about beyond what they maybe hastily googled for a few seconds.

This is what extreme insecurity to the point of mental illness looks like.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-07-23/weathering-with-you-debuts-at-no.1-tokyo-ghoul-s-at-no.7-at-japan-box-office/.149243
boxofficemojo.com/intl/japan/yearly/
kogyotsushin.com/archives/alltime/

I take my Yea Forums very seriously.

Honestly Jon Favreau probably doesn’t give a shit, the dude has Avengers Endgame money.

The Chinese have the excuse of not speaking english so they use these movies or whatever is popular to try to learn I assume and because they don't understand the plot it doesn't matter anyway so they could enjoy purely for visuals and special effects. With the Americans they just project all of their feelings towards the original films onto just empty voids in those movies so the films don't even need to try. They already love them before the movies even started, it doesn't matter how shit the acting or how the art direction is completely bastardized or how bad or fake the visual design is, they will love it and even demand more. Those disney live-action remakes are hands down the most emotionally manipulative trash I have ever witnessed in my entire life and I despise disney for this shit they are pulling.

Attached: b4f.jpg (569x428, 25K)

likely frozen 2 or toy story 4 honestly

>Yea Forums is batshit fucking insane. I just mentioned some notable anime movies from the last five years
And someone pointed out they are all just teen drama, and you went "nuh uh", and it was pointed out that any of them are easy to Google, and more than a few are known teen dramas, and you went all retarded for some reason.
Why?
You cannot deny they are all teen dramas.

Nothing was "pointed out" you fucking lunatic idiot. You just assumed a bunch of shit because anime triggers you.

>all hail Disney and their glorious new regime

Once Disney quits making animated movies altogether, Japan can claim that category all for themselves.

Assumed correctly as it turns out.

>This is what extreme insecurity to the point of mental illness looks like.
Deep down Yea Forums knows that American animation is in an absolutely terrible place at the moment and they can't stand that the Japanese routinely humiliate them.

Attached: seras_victoria_b_n_w_by_xxcrossmaniac_d2pzi5v.jpg (600x859, 506K)

No, you did not assume correctly. Fuck off and kill yourself you fucking deranged shithead.

I prefer his autistic screeching to your transparent amateur bait, thanks.

and again we end up here:

And again we end up with me fucking telling you that you have NO RIGHT to make these demands. You fucking delusional narcissist.

You are just butthurt because you know Western animation is trash and inferior to anime.

>>everyone keeps calling it "live-action" for marketing purposes
Fun fact: the Academy invented Best Animated Feature in order to avoid the embarrassment of having a Disney cartoon win Best Picture at the Oscars back in the day.

It isn't bait if it's true.

see

How does it feel knowing that Western animation is trash that cannot compare to anime?

Fine, I'll bite at your awful fishing out of pity.
Japan's animation industry has fallen into a huge trope-hole, just as bad as "He's a cop, but his partner is a monkey/robot/alien/psychic/..."

Hellsing is 18 years old as an Anime. The front page of Yea Forums is a wall of pure tropey shit, which I'll assume is the reason you are dangling your line here, taking advantage of our shitty moderation.

Attached: 1378782369896.png (500x366, 257K)

>Fine, I'll bite at your awful fishing out of pity.
There was no bait.

>Japan's animation industry has fallen into a huge trope-hole
Confirmed for not knowing anything about anime. This is standard meme bullshit that everyone is taught to repeat. Tropes are universal to fiction and there is nothing remarkable about anime having them. And if we are talking about variety in stories and genres etc. then anime shits on all of Western animation from an extreme altitude.

>The front page of Yea Forums is a wall of pure tropey shit
And there's the obligatory "I get all my information from glancing at Yea Forums's front page and making assumptions" admission of ignorance.

Now fuck off.

So, in addition to being a circlejerk, they're a bunch of snobs as well.

I can demand everything. You may demand nothing. You are all pawns in my game of life and no that I can and will sacrifice you as needed. Or just for my pleasure.

So tell me, why aren't audiences across the world appreciative of Japan's (((HIGH QUALITY))) animation?
Barely any of them gain any traction, and usually because Disney has marketed them with A-list celebrity voice actors.
What's the highest grossing animated movie out of Japan in the last decade
>inb4 money =/= quality
Because box office means SOMEONE is bothering to even watch it.

Attached: 1400128994209.png (308x308, 128K)

ooo he's trotting out a classic! My classic response!

Attached: LOL-I-TROLL-YOU.jpg (755x568, 80K)

Are you retarded? The website you're currently sperging out on was founded to talk about anime by an American weeaboo with a crush on Asuka.

Attached: 1557029912076.png (1080x1080, 2.05M)

Animated film?! But I thought it was LIVE ACTION

>So tell me, why aren't audiences across the world appreciative of Japan's (((HIGH QUALITY))) animation?
They are.

>Barely any of them gain any traction
Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Ghibli, JoJo, MHA, AoT, Sailor Moon, and all the shows that were exported to America, Europe and elsewhere before the 90s. And the American shows and other things that were inspired by anime.

>What's the highest grossing animated movie out of Japan in the last decade
Japan is a non-Western, non-English language country which puts it at a severe disadvantage against America (which also has twice the population). Considering this handicap it has been phenomenally successful at exporting its pop culture. Case in point, you are currently shitting your pants because of it.

If you continue this I will be forced to unleash my true form and destroy you all.

>No, you did not assume correctly.

Oh look, an affirmation. Now you get the burden of proof.

Yea Forums did start out as a weebaboo site...soooo

Fuck off already. You just admitted to not knowing anything about anime.

Somebody post that screencap from reddit of a dude saying he didn't like the remake but still was going to watch because he was obligated to because he was depressed.

I swear, that image, along with 'My bike got stolen recently', perfectly sum up millennials' mindset.

That seems highly irrelevant to the discussion.
>Japan is a non-Western, non-English language country which puts it at a severe disadvantage against America
So? Americans happily do the work of translating them from Moonspeak and releasing them, and even using superior famous dub actors. American movies are subtitled across innumerable languages and still dominate at the box office.
You need a better excuse, I think. Why do American films cross the language barrier but Japanese films do not? Aladdin can dominate Japanese box office for a month, where is Grolious Japan's response? Dragon Ball Super's feeble box-office.

Also, I would point out that of all Asian cultures, Japan has been absolutely drowned in American cultural exports.

Attached: 1377323612135.png (319x304, 64K)

who the fuck keeps going to see these things.

>co-worker I'm currently dating
You poor bastard.

The type of fans says nothing about the show itself.

>Why do American films cross the language barrier but Japanese films do not?
...Because more people speak English than Japanese?

Also, we aren't discussing "shows" we are discussing movies.
Netflix and Hulu will throw up anything, American and Japanese animated series were never under discussion, as you are well aware.

You avoid the point that, where neither is spoken, and the movies are subtitled, the Japanese movies go nowhere.

>So? Americans happily do the work of translating them from Moonspeak and releasing them, and even using superior famous dub actors. American movies are subtitled across innumerable languages and still dominate at the box office.
You are either very ignorant or very dishonest. America has a massive advantage over anyone else just by being America. This isn't a fair competition where everyone has the same starting point.

>superior famous dub actors
They aren't.

>You need a better excuse, I think.
There was no excuse.

>Why do American films cross the language barrier but Japanese films do not?
They do cross the language barrier.

>Aladdin can dominate Japanese box office for a month, where is Grolious Japan's response?
Weathering With You is almost certainly going to become the top grossing movie of the year, and anime movies regularly out-earn American animation at the box office.

>Also, I would point out that of all Asian cultures, Japan has been absolutely drowned in American cultural exports.
Japan has extremely well-developed and self-sufficient domestic entertainment industries.

People with money. Disney doesn't need all 350 million to show up. Your staying home seems to have no noticeable effect.

English is the international language, American culture is the dominant culture on the planet and America is in a far better position to market and distribute its movies internationally.

I have money and I'm not seeing it. I'm wondering who the fuck is.

Please describe each of the animes you posted and why they aren't teen dramas.

>you posting on a long-running, popular international English language site founded to discuss Japanese cartoons is irrelevant to the """argument""" that Japanese animation doesn't have a massive global fanbase
K

Attached: 53125931_p0.png (800x1131, 1.02M)

Nala no longer is sexy, so fuck this.

I'm very curious. Only people I know that saw it went with a "I had nothing better to do so I went to see it with my gf/spouse/kid" mentality. But somehow its one of the biggest movies of the year. Again I can't help buy wonder who the fuck is going to see it?

Please fuck off. You've made it abundantly clear you have no fucking clue what you are babbling about. You just reflexively freaked out because anime was mentioned.

Boomers are eating this shit up. I got a boomer dad not the meme kind but the literal baby boomer type and he fucking loves these live action remakes.

>Weathering With You is almost certainly going to become the top grossing movie of the year,
In Japan
>and anime movies regularly out-earn American animation at the box office.
The top grossing anime movie of all time didn't break $400 million. You have to exceed $500 million to even make the top 50. Even The Croods made the top 50.
You crack me up.

Attached: 1373373084894.jpg (479x356, 40K)

You're not educating anyone either, seems you are unable to sustain your claim.

can't wait for A Bug's Life remake with photo-realistic insects

Attached: a bug's life.jpg (450x679, 59K)

>In Japan
Of course in Japan. That's what we are talking about.

>The top grossing anime movie of all time didn't break $400 million. You have to exceed $500 million to even make the top 50. Even The Croods made the top 50.
We are still talking about Japan.

Fuck off and kill yourself.

We are talking about Japan
No, we sure aren't.
We are talking about how, with their (((Superior QUALITY))) Japanese animated movies seem to do nothing outside of Japan.
Even in countries that subtitle films from either country. Despite these films getting dubbed theatrical releases in the biggest box office countries.
You are trying to subtly change the topic to one you think you will do ok in.

>Japan's superior taste in animation
The #2 animated movie in Japan, all-time, is fucking Frozen.

We just went over this. America and Japan have hugely different positions in the world, and even with all the handicaps Japan has it has been extremely effective at propagating its pop culture around the world, including America. The fact that you have to try to use this as your argument just shows how full of shit you are.

>You are trying to subtly change the topic to one you think you will do ok in.
I have no idea what the fuck you're babbling about.

do they know Frozen ripped off Sailor Moon?

Attached: frozen rip off.png (656x960, 1.42M)

>We just went over this. America and Japan have hugely different positions in the world
Not in animation. You proudly claim that Japan is the undisputed master of animation.

Which should logically translate into its Animated Films being immensely popular and successful across the world.
Disney's shitty Frozen is the #2 animated film in Japan, Spirited Away is barely on the radar of animated films in America, awards or no.

Frozen is an outlier. Everything else in the top 20 is anime, including #1 and #3 (the latter which is just barely below Frozen).

Yes, Frozen and Sailor Moon, one or the other, invented magical snow princesses.

Yes in animation.

>You proudly claim that Japan is the undisputed master of animation.
They are, but I never said anything about global box office results.

And the fact that you are so scared shitless and so insecure shows clearly how much anime is threatening you.

Is that a "i give up, i was wrong"?

No. Fuck off.

Ok, so it is.

I just fucking told you it isn't you braindead fuck. And why the fuck are you STILL going on about this? You have no idea what any of those movies are. You don't know anything about anime. Fuck off.

>>It'd be like having Conan the Barbarian with wire-fu moves and anime Special Attacks and Wizards summoning comets.
So, Thundarr?

I see 3 Disney cartoons in the top 10 grossing animated films in Japan.
(Frozen, Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3)
and hilariously, two Disney live-action cartoon retellings in Japan's top 30 movies ALL TIME (Beauty and the Beast, Alice in Wonderland)
Do you know how many Japanese animated films I see in the top 50 animated films in the USA?

Attached: 1387798155447.png (293x201, 139K)

There's only one in the top 20 and that's Frozen.

All someone asked was for you, oh wise consumer of Animu, to point out which of these might not be considered a drama with teenagers.
Why so hysterical?

Attached: 1557100926000.jpg (307x485, 68K)

Why so fucking dishonest? You are completely misrepresenting what happened. Fuck off.

>There's only one in the top 20 and that's Frozen.
That's because you are too potato to look on Wiki and understand the difference between "top movies in Japan" and "top animated movies in Japan".

Attached: intredasting.jpg (685x567, 53K)

The #2, #7 and #8 animated films in Japan are Disney.
Japanese films in general are only 8 of the top 30 films IN Japan, which is pretty shamefur, and certainly pokes holes in the idea that it's Japan having outsize influence on America and not the other way around.

I am using a Japanese site that lists all movies, animated or live action.

The top animated movies in order, from the top 50:
Spirited Away
Frozen
Your Name
Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke
Ponyo
The Wind Rises
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 3
Monsters Inc
Arrietty
Big Hero 6
Detective Conan
Detective Conan

Ok, and you realize that, if that's the top 20, there are American animated movies on there besides Frozen, correct?

Attached: 1381305747200.jpg (184x184, 8K)

Not so shameful when you consider the immense might of the American movie industry.

>certainly pokes holes in the idea that it's Japan having outsize influence on America and not the other way around.
In terms of animation, anime has influenced American animation a lot and continues to do so to this day while the reverse has basically not happened at all since the 60s.

Animation, music and video games are dominated by Japanese products in Japan.

Where did I say or imply that I am not realizing that? I'm the one who just compiled that list. What is wrong with you? Oh and nice job jumping to the usual autism accusations because you're a fucking retard who doesn't know how to argue anything.

>Where did I say or imply that I am not realizing that?
Are you just responding to posts randomly?
Because was a direct response to which was a response to Or can you just not follow conversations well?

You are unable to answer the question so you are just trying to confuse me and hopefully change the topic by spouting some random bullshit.

>this thread
Why does Yea Forums suck Disney's corporate cock so much?

Ok, let me get my grayons for you
>Me: There are 3 Disney cartoons in the top 10 animated films in Japan

>nuh uh, there's only 1 in the top 20, and that's Frozen

>No you potato, I said top 20 animated, not top 20 movies period

>Lists top 14 animated in Japan, several are Disney

>Me: you'll notice several of those are American...

>You:Where did I say or imply that I am not realizing that?

Why does the image of dick sucking immediately come to your mind constantly.
Thirsty?

>nuh uh, there's only 1 in the top 20, and that's Frozen
As in the top 20 all movies. I already said this.

>No you potato, I said top 20 animated, not top 20 movies period
>Lists top 14 animated in Japan, several are Disney
I went back to the list and singled out all the animated movies from the top 50.

>Me: you'll notice several of those are American...
And where did I fail to notice that?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Expectations were lowered BECAUSE of the directions the show took by then.
Also the movie redesigns didn't do it any favors.

>As in the top 20 all movies. I already said this.
Incorrectly, as the post you responded to said "top 10 ANIMATED movies" rather specifically.

>And where did I fail to notice that?
Where you failed to notice that we were never discussing the Top 20 Japanese films PERIOD.

You have problems following a conversation.

Again here: is the post you started responding to.

Attached: 1507340888686.png (700x483, 557K)

>Incorrectly
No. I was talking about the top 20 movies of any type. I said this already.

>Where you failed to notice that we were never discussing the Top 20 Japanese films PERIOD.
What does that have to do with this? I made that list, and you are claiming I didn't notice that several of the movies on it are American. What are you basing this on?

>You have problems following a conversation.
This is projection.

>I see 3 Disney cartoons in the top 10 grossing animated films in Japan.
>(Frozen, Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3)

You offered a post as a rebuttal, hence the
>"no,.."
When a point about the top 20 MOVIES was never made, and the top 30 statement still stands true.

>You offered a post as a rebuttal, hence the
Once again you dumb motherfucker: I was talking about all movies, not just animation.

So where's your proof that I failed to notice the American movies?

Damn

Attached: 1423358507871.png (989x1022, 1.31M)

That was an irrelevant no-name you retard. Most people don't even remember him.

>Has a date with a coworking and immediately goes to Yea Forums to bring rape in an alleyway

Uhhhhh do you want to confess to ang crimes user?

Dragon Quest 11 ripped off Frozen to but it was great.

If I was a Saudi oil baron trillionaire I'd pay to abolish all trademark laws just to see what retarded shit happens.

I don't get why normalfags are eating this up. They're all inferior remakes that are being churned out in record speed.

>churned out in record speed.
Disney makes a 1/3rd of the number of movies of Warner Brothers, or old Fox, and less than half as many as Universal.
They are easily the least prolific major studio.

Your forgetting about foreign sales

Alice In Wonderland and Maleficent were based on some of their really old movies

How can this crap make money? Even the random twitter fags I have seen hated it.

I unironically assumed these shit "remakes" were just lazy additions because Disney has no ideas and wanted to test if that shit gets any money at all. I was 100% sure we would barely hear anything about them. Hell I hate people. Who is responsible for this? Nostalgia faggots that pay for it no matter how shit it is because they liked it as kids or millennial parents forcing their kids in for the same reason? I thought millennials didn't even have kids?
Anyway the movie industry needs to get nuked.

Because normalfags need 10 years and a very mainstreamy producer to ever touch something new. FF wasn't good, but neither are the shitty toddler CGI movies we have now. The difference is that now it's not new anymore and it's done by Disney so normalshits care.

Yet Disney makes up 40% of ticket sales. WB is only 14%

>In total, Disney’s domestic market share now stands at about 40 percent for the year, including its newly acquired Fox division. Second-place Warner Bros. has roughly 14 percent.

nytimes.com/2019/07/21/movies/lion-king-box-office.html?searchResultPosition=6

Based robotfucker. Fuck live acting and CGI shit. I masturbate to good old 2D.

Attached: 36737.png (537x281, 267K)

Why do normalfucks love CGI so much?
You could make a CGI movie that does nothing but showing a rotating turd for three hours straight and it would be one of the highest grossing films of the year and people would call you a forced hater if you criticise it.

Where the fuck were you when the Academy said that Get Out had the single greatest screenplay of any film produced that year? The Oscars have always been nonsense, it's just within the past few years that they went full on clown world.

Berthier is like a million times more attractive than that damn pixar barbie doll.

It's animated in every aspect except name...

I will. While eating a big plate of delicious chicken tendies.

Disney has been beating the other studios with less films for a few years now.
2019 stands to be an utter shellacking.

Attached: Studios 2018.jpg (969x193, 27K)

That's only counting Domestic grosses of course, (the ones that matter).

Disney has most of their films out already this year. They have Malificent 2, Star Wars and Frozen 2 left to round out their 10.
Warner Brothers and the rest put out a lot of fall/winter movies (to avoid a summer Disney beating), which is why you see so many carry over into the next year.

Attached: Studios 2019.jpg (950x308, 41K)

If Malificent 2 and Frozen 2 perform at the level of the first films, and Episode IX only does as well as Last Jedi, that's still another 1.3 billion domestic.
The Worldwide numbers are such an ass-crushing that I won't get into them.

Disney should have burned down, not Kyoani. Not even a moefag.

>Not even a moefag.
You sound like one of those "Det. Pikachu will be big trouble for Disney" fags, honestly.
At least it beat Dumbo. That's something.

>final fantasy the spirits within
Because it fucking sucked and wasn't even close to photorealistic.

Did Dumbo make money too? I didn't even realize it ever aired, only heard maybe three people talking about it before it aired and they disliked it.

You're out of touch.

>featurette
Are you legitimately retarded, or are you merely pretending?

You know it isn't just you, don't ask dumb questions.

I am the same as . I can only explain this by some generation syndrome. I have don't know and ever talked to any zoomers and aren't close to any boomers so it might be those that watch this shit. Like all of the people I communicate with are either millennials or people over 70 and none of them likes or cares about these types of movies.

I'm out of time.

Boomers, Zoomers, and Millennials all love disney.

It's straight up a normie thing. Summer box office has always been a dead zone, and they're exploiting it for easy money.
It's summer, most people have nothing to do but go see a movie and maybe use it to get in Jessica's pants.

The old cartoons yes, but I don't know anybody that likes the CGI stuff. Well maybe all of my buddies and friends are too alike so it would make sense that we all have the same taste and it's hard to tell what others watch.
I am always picky about cinema shit. I would never pay 10€ for some shit I might not enjoy.

>Did Dumbo make money too?
>too?
Both of them did poorly. Pikachu $429 million, Dumbo $352 million.
The difference is that Pikachu is WB's biggest movie so far, and Dumbo is Disney's weakest by far.

Disney has a sterling reputation for family entertainment. Whole families turn out for Disney films, that's the difference. Granparents feel safe taking the tykes to their movies.

>>The old cartoons yes, but I don't know anybody that likes the CGI stuff.
No they like all of it. They go to disney parks and go on disney cruises and have the disney cable tv package and the whole nine yards. Entire families live like this, they think a trip to a disney park is the best family vacation idea ever and do it every year.

In 2016, 140 million people went to disney parks.

All the critics hated it so the masses will probably be the same, the film won't have legs once everybody tells their friends it's shit.

Kyoani is a fucking moeshit studio, there are still plenty of folks making programs of actual worth

Yeah that's the disease that kills the movie industry. Just do some brainless family crap and you get the maximum money because people always come in groups, like at least one parent and their kid(s) plus their kid's friends.

Man that's crazy. I never went to any of those so I didn't know they were that popular. Remember my parents once pondered driving to Paris for that stuff but decided against it because they told me I was a too much of grumpy loner and would have cried if there were too many adults and children around me they were right.

>the lion king remake might become the highest grossing animated film of all time

Attached: 1550030002793.jpg (712x1024, 63K)

>It's animated in name only.
You got it completely reversed. It's animated in every sense of the word except in name, Disney is just calling a photo-realistic animated movie "live action".

Aren’t most of these just high school students doing stuff? Where’s the variety?

Attached: 1558712933999.jpg (960x540, 81K)

>it nuked Yea Forums for a couple months
>a couple of months

Why do you think Global Rule 15 is still applied? Why can you casually talk about Pokemon videogames in Yea Forums, but you cannot even mention the little horse show on Yea Forums, despite both things having respective containment boards?

Attached: Didnt know he was one for bullshit.jpg (700x700, 77K)

>Disniggers
Thank you for coming up with this name, I can now insult Disney and MCU shills more effectively thanks to you

Attached: EXQUISITE.jpg (501x631, 73K)

I wonder if this is an American thing. I have never seen any slav or german caring about this. At best they like their movies, but not anything else and no merch or lifestyle influences.

>Yeah that's the disease that kills the movie industry. Just do some brainless family crap and you get the maximum money because people always come in groups, like at least one parent and their kid(s) plus their kid's friends.
Not the piratefags who skulk in these threads and refuse to pay in theaters to see "good" movies? I think you have it all wrong friendo.

I can't wait for the live action Home on the Range remake.

I went to the mlp movie to try and save 2d animation
It was a deeply flawed film but the music was great, it deserved an academy award nomination for best original song more than that fucking greatest show shit. I'm kind of pissed the trailer tricked me into expecting an epic sword fight though.

Then I went to the ttg movie for the same reason and that was pretty decent overall, shame the sequel that brings back the titans from the original show is direct to dvd.

I'm the more detailed ears in the movie designs but I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with those awful fucking heart hooves.

*I'm neutral on the more detailed

What about Silent Gen’ers?

Disney is gradually distancing itself from animation. Don’t expect that many original animated films coming from them. They’re going to continue milking Frozen and Toy Story for all they’re worth and then it’s live-action reboot time for them.

>durr I know that mostly only little kids and retards like Barney, but that doesn't mean it's just for little kids!
drink bleach

In that you could have a bunch of grown adults somehow submit to Barneyfied no-risks-or-stakes tripe through blackmailing and pandering to nostalgia because of animation veterans being dumb enough to contribute writing to this detriment to animation.

That's literally not the same.

They are not going to do that. But "Elsa is a lesbo" vocal minority crowd have poisoned the well enough so that she cant get a love interest.

It's remarkable. And nobody is going to remember this monstrosity by this time next year while everyone will still marvel at the 1994 one. It boggles my mind. I just dont get it.

You can't call it hyper realistic if the lions have no genitals.

It's an american thing due to how many Disney theme parks and stores are in the country

This Lion King remake really fucking broke doug walker. Holy shit. It's funny watching him call everyone a disneydrone.

>Disney is gradually distancing itself from animation. Don’t expect that many original animated films coming from them.
They have 3 just next year. What other studio compares to that? By "gradual distancing" do you mean "by the year 2125?"

You'll be cold in the ground and Disney will still be the king of American animation.

Attached: Never scored.gif (300x188, 139K)

I like to go back to the archives in the "Alita/Shazam/Pikachu will blunt Disney's box office" threads for quick pleasure.

Attached: Cable Company.jpg (640x361, 31K)

Doug is right though. These disney remakes are a blight to the movie industry and people are retards for going out to see something they'll admit is an inferior product.

The muzzles and square faces didn't sit well with me, either. Don't recall the hooves.
As much as I disliked the redesigns, and the animation looked weird at parts, it still looked pretty good overall.

>it deserved an academy award nomination for best original song more than that fucking greatest show shit
It was a pretty good soundtrack.

>$0.05 has been deposited into your account - Hasbro

I don't think they're getting shills at this point, dude. The movie was like 2 years ago I think, and the show is dying.

Haven't watched a single one, but if I had to you can sure bet I'd have whiskey by my side to ease the pain.

Yeah I don't mean they have to be an actual natural red-head. As long as it looks like Ariel it's good with me.

For once Doug is 100% correct, it’s become sad how people are willing to eat up Disney’s garbage out of brand loyalty.

The first movie was criticized for having extremely shitty human characters that detracted from the story.

KotM was shit on for having extremely shitty human characters that detracted from the story.

The general public doesn't give a fuck about Ariel being black so your point doesn't matter. The movie is going to be wildly popular because people like disney movies.

>Its basically to prevent it being confused for the original.
imagine a bunch of marketing people sitting around thinking this.
like, 4-12 people, who all agree that consumers will get confused and not come to see "The Lion King" in 2019 because they think its the original.

>The general public doesn't give a fuck about Ariel being black
Even little girls are going to instinctually know it's bullshit. You know the little girls who buy all the merchandise?

youtu.be/Hv1K9roa4cc

Attached: two-white-girls-black-doll.jpg (320x258, 28K)

I don't say this often but based Dogue

Wait, when it succeeds we start calling it an animated film again?

Hahahahah apparently

I'm honestly done even trying to understand the mindset of normies, the Disney cult is completely bonkers.

Doug is the worst kind of autistic critic, where he’ll bitch about the film industry but not use any of his “internet clout” (which is hilarious to me but let’s roll with it) to make a worthwhile artistic statement of his own. It’s not that I think he’s wrong, but who gives a shit what some hack spergs about. If you didn’t think Disney was creatively bankrupt before I don’t know what to tell you

funny because i've heard nothing but good things from people around me. my work friends this week are really hyped to watch this movie, one of them already saw it and said it was really good. probably because i live in a shit country

It is, Americans are magical thinkers as fuck Europeans are waaay more grounded and logical in comparison.

This many mousney minions on this board.

Attached: 1524613067953.jpg (424x600, 50K)

This is an imaginary person. You imagined this person out of autism.

Just admit for when is the forceful global take over scheduled.

Attached: gibe the cheese daddy!.jpg (768x1024, 134K)

>friend-o
BASEDNPC LINGO HAS BEEN DETECTED.

Attached: the soy-npc lingo.jpg (1024x683, 82K)

The japs are the same, if not, even worse in regards to unhealthy consumerist "culture".
This is, of course, considered and encouraged as (((a good thing))).

Attached: 1532371959293.jpg (788x926, 92K)

This is the Zoomer version of the Direct-to-Video Era Disney. They're going to keep doing this until they enter another dark age.