Who else is about done with comics as a whole...

Who else is about done with comics as a whole? I am at the point where I am basically just going to let everything I'm still subscribed to finish and than just stop reading anything all together. The Big two is 99% stale shit and every other publisher is putting dull stuff that I have trouble even remembering they exist. I've been collecting comics for over a decade now and this is the first time I'm considering dropping it all together

Attached: 1525251684486.jpg (1064x833, 346K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/9zhuh4ujcn400/
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107890843/#107890843
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>user is too lazy to find good comics
>too busy shoveling big two in his mouth
Serves you right for being so lazy. I hope you never come back to this board

thank you disney for helping me grow up by destroying my childhood piece by happy piece

There's a ton of good comics and a few great ones. There's so many comics out there these days that it's really your fault if you can't find shit you like.

Meh. I'm more or less done with current big 2 superheroes and I'm going for more obscure or lesser known characters or star wars comics

Like, I'm reading jla from the early 2000s and grant morrisons run on doom patrol and darth Vader now.

Nice blog.

>Who else is about done with comics as a whole?
>The Big two is 99% stale shit and every other publisher is putting dull stuff

just read euro-comics

I’m starting over again with Golden Age Superman. I’ll never catch up but it’s cool to see how the times have changed.

This happens to me every few years. You'll be back in about 5. Until then have a good break.

I gave up big two comics completely for a few years now. I almost exclusively read manga.

I'm almost at that point. There are some creator-owned series that I enjoy, but otherwise it's all pretty stale. I feel like I'm better off going back to read or re-read old series at this point.

This is my current pull list
>Wonder Twins (on break until September)
>Immortal Hulk
>Transformers/Ghostbusters (mini)
And......that's about it right now. Guess that saves me money. Really disappointing though.

Attached: Ghostbusters Transformers Ectotron.jpg (700x1061, 188K)

Wait a second, I remember your last thread with this same post and image.

Attached: 080314_Ledger_Joker.jpg (320x240, 33K)

Oh yeah? What comes out Wednesday that you are picking up?

>A Ton
That's a bold statement, unless of course your one of those annoying fanboys who consume practically everything and call it fantastic. Not saying you are, I just see it happen a lot.

but I don't speak European

Posts like that are pretty much always people brand new to comics referring to the entire history of every comic ever made and not things coming out currently.

There's literally decades of material if you don't like current shit.

Yeah no shit. He's referring to current events.

Oi yank, pop off down t' th' shops wit a fifer n git a Tintin book n' a pack o' fags fer me.

I've just been going back and reading pretty much anything from before the turn of the millenium for my superhero fix. Plenty of old shit I haven't read yet, and even the not so great stuff is better than 95% of modern cape stuff.

As for non-cape stuff there's still plenty decent, but it comes out much slower than cape comics.

read manga

Not comics, but capeshit? definitely.

>There's a ton of good comics and a few great ones

Name some.

You sure you're not thinking of somebody else? I haven't posted on Yea Forums in many months

If only Marvel and DC weren't the only two comic book companies in the whole world. But alas, they are. Nothing else has ever been made and never will be made.

Manga is worse than western comics by having way more shit than good stuff. At least in western stuff you can find good stuff. Manga is burried so deep under the loads of fannservice and shoen shit that it is far harder to find anything good.

Did you read anything last year?
>Infedel
>Stellar
>Murder Falcon

>I'm done being a child

Your mother would be excited if you had the balls to follow through.

Why don't I ever have this problem though?

Just fuck off faggot.

Not at all you just like some. There's a difference. Most of it is shit.

No user, you are the one in the wrong here.

Or it's some delusional fuck that thinks someone who's done with capeshit would be interested in shit like saga or small press shit.

Fuck yourself.

No, you can't just hedgehog your way out of this. You are wrong. Good comics exist. You just refuse to read them. Because you never liked comics. You were just in it for the street cred and attention, the women and the fast cars. When you realized how hollow the glamour of being a comic fan is you were left with nothing because you never appreciated it as an art form.

>Because you never liked comics.
Fuck yourself.

I can play this game too.

You don't read comics you just shit post on Mongolian basket weaving forums because you're in it for the culture wars.

Kill yourself. user made a thread and you entered it looking to be a cunt. I hope depression takes hold of you and you end your own life one day.

It's a cycle. I was worn out in the early 10s but I'm kinda loving big 2 comics rn. Two of the biggest names in comics are revamping and finally pumping new blood into my favorite teams in comics, it might be a disaster but it could also be great. There's some just meat and potatoes superheroes stuff. Take some time off, the comics will be here when you come back.

Yea Forums hates everything but what are ya gonna do

Attached: BATMAN81-CVR-color.jpg (738x1120, 149K)

But user I'm a force of positivity. OP is the only cunt here.
Go read something fun.

Attached: Old Stone Bridge.jpg (1148x645, 363K)

>"lol there are good comics just cant find them, you don't know how your brain works I do"
>Doesn't say a single example and just makes the op madder instead of leading him to these good comics
If you're gonna be a cunt and try to say someones opinion isn't actually their opinion, you can at least back up your own claim by posting the so called 'good comics'. Just saying they exist and doing nothing after that helps no one and just makes you look like a jackass

Also op I rarely read comics but I did find this a few weeks back, an interesting graphic novel series. Finding translated euro comics is probably your best bet for something new I'd say
mediafire.com/folder/9zhuh4ujcn400/

Attached: 1537639530079.jpg (600x865, 35K)

No matter what anyone posts, regardless of if you have ever heard of it you will call it shit. This is how people like you work.

boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107890843/#107890843
I found you, only took a few minutes. Admittedly the post isn't the same but the filename is and it's obviously you. And you're right, it has been months.

Attached: ben-is-pleased.jpg (467x259, 123K)

I gave up on Marvel a decade ago and DC about five years after that thanks to all the reboot trash. I was getting Image and other publishers still. Then some shit went down with my apartment and family had health problems, so I had a sudden shitty move. I had to cancel my pulls and move away. Most all my comics ended up quickly packed and in a storage unit.

So pretty much I'm just buying the occasional trade or old issue, but not keeping up on comics these days.

Both Marvel and DC have one good book coming out each, Immortal Hulk and Hawkman.

Racists don't deserve to have a childhood.

>Tintin book n' a pack o' fags fer me
Two Tintin books coming right up

The fact that you remembered that says a lot more about you then it does me, buddy

>Who else is about done with comics as a whole?
>Only ever read Big Two, never even bothered to read manga, indy, eurocomics

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

I've been done with comics since One More Day, over 12 fucking years ago. Get on my level buddy.

I quit Marvel in 2015 cuz of all the SJW shit and quit DC in 2016 out of disinterest

I have good memory. See you in three months.

Attached: fox.jpg (736x492, 52K)

Because you're not a retarded capeshitter.

Only retarded capeshitters can enjoy mainstream manga

Nobody is forcing you to read "mainstream manga". Retarded capeshitter.

>he says while only reading stories intended for 12 year olds

There's just way too much manga. To make it worse for every manga that does well there's dozens of clones that change one thing and present it as their own. Everyone likes to show the top selling manga but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Those top sellers are like grains of sand in a desert filled with shitty manga that almost always never gets a decent resolution. They either never end or rush an ending in the last chapter. And a lot of mangaka are doing this with multiple manga. Imagine a Japanese version of Kevin Smith with a dozen Daredevil runs then clone him a thousand times with the same problems as the original. That's manga.

Attached: 1308495231572.jpg (760x901, 294K)

This. Japan has never produces a single worthwhile comic book in the years they have tried.

This.

OP, why don't you take a break from comics or at least the big two for 3 years or so. Go read some Eurocomics or creator owned stuff.

So grow up and just read seinen and josei or 4-koma gag manga, you fucking child.

NO!

I was reading comics before you were even a semi-hard boner in your dad's high school jockstrap.

I gave up on comics with OMD.
I've not read a comic all the way through or kept up with comics and I'm damn sure not going to start reading this clusterfuck of stupid bulslhit that is modern comics now.

Big 2 have all the writing of Darling in the Franxx, and besides the improved art and dialogue (in most cases) the writing is still falling into the same pitfalls it did in the 30s.

You do realize comics exist outside the big 2 superhero shit, right?

>improved art
Old comics had better art than any modern series.

t.nostalgia glasses

All of the “old greats” are overrated as fuck. None of them are as good as Trad Moore

Comics outside of the big two are infected with the ideology and memetics of the comic.
Not the good.
The bad tired jaded cynical unfunness of comics are dragged from the big two.
Like shit on the bottom of their shoes into other comics.

The comic industry is besotted with it and I can't think of ten comics offhand that aren't infected by it.

>nostalgia for comics I'm reading for the first time today
user no.

This is true, Tradd Moore is much better than a lot of old house style dudes that get overrated like crazy

I haven’t bothered with monthly big 2 comics in over a decade. I only read old comics, mostly bronze age, or stuff without capes.
Time is my filter.

Just read webcomics bro.

You lazy coward. Like a hundred comics come out each week but you don't bother to give them a glance.
It's not even hard, just go to winothread and download anything with an interesting title. Like it? Buy it IRL.

Attached: 51jCUx0b-cL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (330x499, 46K)

Die is great, really looking forward to how they'll be fucked over next.

>Gillen
Cringe

Not him but people here should really get their heads checked. Half of them are idiots like you who get mad when people don't spoonfeed them and the other half consists of imbeciles who hate spoonfeeding.

This, I’m so sick anyone pretending that they dislike Marvel for reasons other they are racists. They are legit racists and find all sorts of excuses to blame it on. Maybe they are so attached to their childhood comics so much because they remind them of their childhood which was miserable in every way except for their comics because they weren’t around to be around POC. People who had normal and happy childhoods spending time with POC don’t have these issues and because they weren’t racists they know Marvel is as good as it has ever been, probably better at the moment. Racists deserve to miss out on these books just like they deserved to have a deprived and racist childhood not being friends with POC.

Fpbp

this is pasta right?

Where’s this from?
How is the Wonder Twin comics? What am I in for?

People always go full pikachu.jpg when they find out that genres exist in Japan too. I have no idea why.

Stay mad.

Nigga most of my pull list is none-big two

You can't name a single mango that's worth reading, it's all the same low-effort garbage. They don't even have colors in grorious Nihon?

fpbp indeed

abloo abloo abloo

Stay mad.

oh god
what a capeshit babby AHAHHAHA
>multiversity
read some grownups stuff sometime.

namely probably themselves.
them niggas just fucked up everyones lives there.

Nope, I just pulled it right out of my ass

If you had to choose between living a normie life or being Chad Thundercock with unlimited access to Elf pussy, what would you choose?

>Also op I rarely read comics
Get out

fuck that, imma get me dragon pussy.

hating people for hating people is an order of magnitude dumber than just hating people

If only there was some of that to go around.

Attached: 1392039757143.png (800x1000, 267K)

>why yes I am a bigger how did you know?

Read some good manga and webcomics user?

Spoken like a true racist.

Hold up, did Batman 75 already happen?

Attached: C17C7570-1C8F-4430-82D4-BCC1C0811182.jpg (242x248, 10K)

Except I don't even hate racists, so nice projection there, bud.

Yes

Join the 40%, Discord trannies

Ya alright lil guy?