Hey Yea Forums can you recommend me some comics...

Hey Yea Forums can you recommend me some comics, right now i'm working through the acclaimed vertigo books and want some lesser known and personal favorites to get to after those

Attached: deatg.jpg (900x985, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

offthebeatenpanel.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For more DC stuff:

- Denny O'Neil's The Question.
- Tim Truman's Hawkworld.
- Garth Ennis' Hitman.
- Palmiotti and Gray's Jonah Hex.
- Rucka and Brubaker's Gotham Central.

And beyond that, I always recommend getting into 2000AD in general. Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog, Nemesis the Warlock, Rogue Trooper, The Ballad of Halo Jones, it's all pretty easy to get into and a nice look into the stuff all the Vertigo guys were reading as kids and wrote for before hitting the States.

Anything by Grant Morrison. That's all you need from DC. Anything else is average or dogshit

From the east side of the pond I recommend The Adventures of Jerome Katzmeier 01 - The Walls Have Teeth just for a fun read.
For more surreal but at the same time more serious, try Pachyderme, teasers start here:

Attached: death_4.jpg (480x720, 48K)

>Anything else is average or dogshit
useless information, I'm not jaded about comics yet so please recommend things i might like

seconding Hitman, it's essential Yea Forums reading.

If you listen to this, prepare for mediocrity.

Highly recommend the 90-91 Foolkiller miniseries, it's a dark vigilante story done extremely well, some of Steve Gerber's best work.

Attached: pg18-Foolkiller-v1-no04.jpg (1024x1541, 753K)

Concrete is one of my all time favorites and it very much has that Vertigoesque feel to it.

Attached: 667033.jpg (600x916, 111K)

The Invisibles was fun if you like conspiracy stuff or Lovecraftian stuff.

Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing

Mike Grell's Green Arrow
John Ostrander's Grimjack, Suicide Squad, Firestorm, Hawkworld (this is an ongoing series following the aforementioned series by Truman), Spectre, Martian Manhunter and Wasteland
James Robinson's Starman (my personal favorite)
Birds of Prey (both Chuck Dixon and Gail Simone)
Secret Six by Gail Simone
Shade the Changing Man and X-Statix by Peter Milligan
Walt Simonson's Thor
David Mack's Kabuki
The aforementioned O'Neil Question, Ennis' Hitman and Gerber's Foolkiller
Steve Gerber's Man-Thing, Howard the Duck and Omega the Unknown

Attached: Hawkworld.png (1095x1651, 3.96M)

>Nemesis
Utter wank between book 2-9.
I don get the actual hype for it.
>No slaine, Nikolai Dante or zenith
Okay lad.

Planetary by Ellis and Cassaday - a great and satisfying scifi Vertigo series. It is kinda what Ellis always does, but I love it most here. Plus Cassaday makes it all work and look really slick

Going in a completely different direction:
Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane by Sean McKeever and Takeshi Miyazawa (NOT the Terry Moore run). Yes, it looks like cute American manga, but it is incredibly well crafted and makes a really solid AU and narrative arc for all the characters.

Empowered by Adam Warren. At first glance, appears to be a sexier American manga thing. But it is actually one of the smartest, most fun reconstructed superhero commentary stories with incredibly deep moments.

Solid cape recs. Would add Rucka's Batman/Huntress:Cry for Blood and two Wonder Woman runs.

>scifi Vertigo series
Ackhually is not Vertigo

If you don't mind a bit of a tough read, check out The Adventures of Luther Arkwright. It inspired the main force of the British invasion, namely
Alan Moore (evident in Watchmen, From Hell)
Neil Gaiman
Grant Morrison (evident ESPECIALLY in The Invisibles, The Filth, Superman Beyond 3D)
Warren Ellis (evident in Transmetropolitan, Planetary)
Garth Ennis
and some others as well.

Attached: 10.jpg (989x1500, 413K)

Nice coat.

Oh, yeah. Sorry. But still great!

>But it is actually one of the smartest, most fun reconstructed superhero commentary stories with incredibly deep moments.
Not from what I've seen.

offthebeatenpanel.blogspot.com/

this might be useful to you

Considering how small her tits are shouldnt you be able to see her nipples in this?

Why would she have nipples? She's Death, not a mommy.

Why would she have breasts, hair, eyes, teeth, a tongue, lips, arms, legs, a head, or anything in that case?

Because she's an anthropomorphic personification.

So why not some nips?

It's a children's comic book, only male nipples are okay

I always enjoyed Bone

This is simply incorrect. Honestly how fucking stupid would you have to be to believe this?

100 Bullets

Attached: 100 Bullets 55_021.jpg (1036x1600, 279K)

I feel like nobody ever talks about the Vertigo Crime comics they did a while back.
Now days you can find most of them in a clearance section of comic shops but most of the ones I read were very good.

Attached: 1969843-01.jpg (430x640, 45K)

I mean, no comic is for everyone. But I think it's good.