Do you think about the property damage in super hero movies?

Do you think about the property damage in super hero movies?

>OH NO THATS HUNDREDS OF MILLION DOLLARS OF DAMAGE AAAAAARRRRRRRR.
>HOW COULD THEY DO THAT.

Attached: 8bdd9e20-d742-0133-a29b-0e55e2be01e5.png (600x450, 337K)

Ever since MAD magazine ran the gag that it's Bruce Wayne's window repair business that keeps WayneCorp afloat from all Batman's breaking and entering

It depends on the movie's tone. You can watch Megas XLR blow up an entire city and cheer, but the scenes in MoS or BvS were made to get you to fear and dread what was happening to the regular people in them.

To a degree. Like in Avengers Age of Ultron most of a country was wiped off the map and naturally they should treat that as a big deal

>MCU Damage Control movie when

>but the scenes in MoS or BvS were made to get you to fear and dread what was happening to the regular people in them.

Too bad they were both too shitty to make anyone feel anything.

I think about it when the tone and framing asks it of me.

Spider-Man: Homecoming.

New Hellboy.

Only after the London sequence where demons were wearing people like socks did I go, "Oh. Fuck."

only when it happens in DC movies, Marvel gets a pass because....

As someone that works in restoration I always laugh at how quick things are fixed.

Yes, all the time.

>Marvel gets a pass because....
Marvel has an in-universe collateral damage control unit.

>It's okay if half the city is destroyed as long as it gets rebuilt eventually
That's not even getting into the massive issues of Tony being directly involved with Damage Control.

>It's okay if half the city is destroyed as long as it gets rebuilt eventually
In a world of superpowered men and monsters, yes. It is.

Yeah, Tony Stark should have been send to jail just by making Ultron by accident.

I wonder how many economic depressions and political crisis would happen in real life if all the stuff that happened in the MCU had real consequences.

Lets see:
IronMan 1; A building explodes and a highway and some cars get damaged, some people would sued but nothing drastic.
Hulk: A college campus gets partially damaged when a bunch of tanks and soldiers start firing live ammo on campus. This would cost the head of someone in government.
Thor: The main street of a small road gets completely destroyed, also wind damage due to Thor summoning a storm. People from town end in depth for fixing all their stuff.
Ironman 2 Starkland gets destroyed by killer drones, realistically thousands would sue due to their lives been in danger, it would be consider a terrorist attack and change the political landscape.
Captain America1: It happened in WW2 so there wasn't that much difference.
Avengers, dozens of squares on New York get destroyed due to an alien invasion, maybe some of the radiation of the bomb Ironman rerouted at the climax falls on thousand of newyorkers.
So far nothing bigger that 9/11, and nothing that can't be rebuild, but since insurance doesn't cover alien invasions a bunch of people ended up in depth. That being said, no one would see aliens the same again, probably most would become racist towards aliens if they ever saw one. Movie about alien invasion are now on poor taste and the alien guy from History Channel becomes even more famous.

>depth

only if the movie brings it up as a plot point.

the casualty numbers in CW were far too low for what was a city at war and a city literally destroyed.

Yea.

Always have. Like Im irked when a cape tears a lamppost off the ground to hit a badguy. Or the wear on Gotham's buildings from years of grapple hooks into its walls, it concerns me.

>tfw you end up deep in depth

Attached: 1377764312564.jpg (1280x728, 38K)

You'd think that after the first incident, and especially any incident after that, that the city, and its residents, would invest in fortification to protect themselves and their property.

Kinda why they wear masks

>watch Megas XLR blow up an entire city and cheer
Man fuck pop tv

how long DOES it typically take?

>a motherfucking alien invasion that would have ended up with thousands of deads if done realistically
>not bigger than 9/11

I swear you people see 9/11 as the ultimate tragedy

Some movie versons pierce the brick itself. If you ever played the Arkham city games you'd know that sometimes you travel in the same repetitive paths over and over. Over a few years unless batman is sniping the perfect overhand shot to hook each building over a ledge perfectly every time. He is breaking bricks every time he goes through that area and is totally destorying the structural integrity to the exterior.

Thos shit comes up in a lot of peoples minds.

Sometimes I start thinking about exactly how long and how much work and time will be put into repairs of shit like that, it would take years for cities to recover from cape fights.

This is the real kicker in the end. Tone.
Like how in 2014 Godzilla, Big G smacking the Muto into a building is seen as awesome, whereas the atomic breath scene in Shin Godzilla is utterly horrifying.

super hero movie worlds have to learn to live with a completely different context from our world where there are no naturally super powered people who can do millions in property damage with their own bodies alone, so I don't really get what the point of this thread is

it does have consequences though
>they give you the death totals from each big city fight in Civil War and the whole movie is about them being regulated
>plot points like Zemo wanting revenge for his family dying at random and Kingpin raising to power in the Netflix series by taking the opportunity to get into the reconstruction business and Vulture failing to do the same thing
>the heroes consistently try to keep the carnage away from the civilians by keeping ayys from spreading throughout NYC, trying to get the Hulk out of Johannesburg, trying to evacuate Sokovia, evacuating the airport, ect
>in IW and FFH Peter's friends freak out when they think they see aliens since everyone's scared of them coming back and in Netflix and AoS civvies are distrustful of supers and blame them for a lot of recent events and some even do vigilante violence against them

man it took me a second to remember that Damage Control was literally in Homecoming, and I thought you were just making a joke about how Homecoming is damage control for the MCU.

The Twin Towers are a great way to evaluate that kind of destruction in New York. It took 9 months just to clean up the debris. It took 11 years to build the Freedom Tower in New York.

It's just Generation Y (yoomers?) snowflakes that see 9/11 as the embodiment of them leaving childhood and realizing how bad the world is. You know, like in a Catcher in the Rye sort of way.

The entire plot of the Incredibles is based off that.

>Be 15 when 9/11 happened.
>Was home from school sick, mom woke me up.
>Honey, we've had a terrorist attack!
>Where?
>In New York! They flew planes into the Twin Towers.
>Sucks for them.
>Roll over, go back to bed for a bit.
>Girlfriend shows up not long after due to schools being canceled and kids sent home.
>Cuddled up, watched a movie, got my dick sucked, and then went for Asian buffet.

I never saw why 9/11 was even a big deal to anyone outside of New York. When I see the whole "Remember 9/11" shit every year, it just feels more and more like propaganda at this point. Didn't really care then, don't really care now.

>maybe some of the radiation of the bomb Ironman rerouted at the climax falls on thousand of newyorkers.
or maybe instead the radiation is caused from space just hovering over new york for a bit, right?

The Godzilla sequel caught me off-guard when they show that humanity abandoned the cities destroyed in the last film due to how severe the damage was. Can anyone name another big budget movie that does that?

It gave Americans a new boogeyman to fight in the form of muslims. That's the main reason it's such a big deal.

Yes.
Did Iron Man ever make up for the fact that his fight with the Hulk wrecked half of the downtown buildings in a developing economy?

Superman related.

Attached: RCO018.jpg (1041x1600, 482K)

>break mirror
>have to buy a new mirror
>contributing to everyone's job down the line
Vandalism is charity.

I was mad that Godzilla blew up Fenway. Where will the Red Sox play now?

It’s also probably because of all the radiation that Godzilla and the MUTOs gave off, as well as the nuke. Kind of fucked those cities over with all that radiation

>and the whole movie is about them being regulated
A plot point the movie gives after like 15 minutes it got introduced, and only like 11 people died during the new York invasion.