Big Two character/team gets a movie

>Big Two character/team gets a movie
>immediately a bunch of people ask for their "essential reads" because they want to pretend to be experts when the movie comes out, I mean, they're suddenly very interested in these characters

Attached: 1489274010976.jpg (368x602, 72K)

Nothing wrong with this

i guess that's one way to get Yea Forums to read comics. actually, yesterday, some user asked for taskmaster essentials. i started a list, but then decided to not spoon feed.

Attached: 1547779813835.gif (252x188, 676K)

Yeah, that faggot idiot should read every issue of every series that Taskmaster has ever been featured in.

What would be your preferred alternative to this...? That casuals never get motivated to dig a bit deeper?

>People reading comics is bad because of [insane made-up motivation]
Extremely Yea Forums post

on the bright side, he'll become an expert!

>answering questions is spoonfeeding
christ people on this website can be retarded

Attached: 1560271420846.jpg (720x404, 52K)

There is literally no upside. They're not genuinely interesting in reading them and will just skim them for "facts", they obviously won't buy them, and they won't look for more stuff, only skim through the latest relevant Big Two comic of the month.

>more people reading comics
What's the issue

Fuck off cunt

I’m assuming OP is talking about people wanting to read The Eternals and Shang-Chi comics. I never even heard of Shang-Chi intill the movie was introduced lol.

You do not, and cannot not know that, unless you're a goddamn psychic. Assuming everyone on this Anonymous image board is only interested in looking good and not genuinely interested in the subject matter is a surefire way to make yourself miserable.

OP is a gatekeeper

Attached: 1563301480952.jpg (250x236, 12K)

Did this also happen 10~ years ago when Iron Man, Thor, and Cap got their films? Because it certainly doesn't feel like anyone here actually reads any of their comics.

>becoming an expert in capeshit
what an accomplishment, his parents shall be proud.

>when the fact that you've read a comic and not your insight about the art is the only hierarchy you're not at the bottom of.

The problem OP is when they act like they know something they don't, not when they're interested in actually reading the comics you turd banqueteer.

>implying they're actually reading the comics and not wiki diving
Stupid fuck

>I never even heard of Shang-Chi intill the movie was introduced lol.

how? Shang-Chi pops up a bunch during the 2000s. He's way more well known than Eternals.

I only know Marvel through the MCU.
IMO, comic characters exist simply as potential to be made into movies.

Even vets don't give a shit about Shang chi or the eternals

Attached: B4AF9202-90E9-41B3-A850-F58CEBAFB5E1.jpg (460x1068, 200K)

>NOOOo THIS IS MY HOBBY GET OUT GET OUT

Attached: 1559197028482.jpg (403x327, 41K)

If you mean 2000s as in the year, let me remind you that kids born in 2000 are old enough to vote

If people want to act superior sure that's shit, but the more people who want to actually read and support comics the better.

user, you sound like a deeply unpleasant person who derives a sense of superiority from being better versed in pop culture trivia than others, and, failing to do so since the gatekeeping you're trying to perform is about easily available information, fall back on accusations and length of knowledge arguments to retain your ego surrounding garishly dressed fighty guys. You're on Yea Forums, you don't read comics, you certainly don't buy them, and all you do is make up shitposts based on half-read solicits, tweets, and other shitposts.

cringe

Bro, what are the essential reads for Moon Dragon?

Most normalfags I know just watch guys like comicstorian read out panels for them.

Even if 1 or 10 people decide to read more than the essentials that makes it all worth it in exchange for wikireaders

gatekeeping should only be done to normalfags

I hate his damn voices he does when he reads comics.

But for me, its comic tropes and comic book palace