I like how the animation just gets worse and worse

I like how the animation just gets worse and worse.

Attached: w9OJDty.png (2200x1064, 536K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IF1_j2WQdxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Steven Universe seems to be the worst animated show on Cartoon Network at the moment due to how inconsistent a lot of the storyboards look compared to the end result

Now if we're talking strictly the Cal-Arts style the only good looking Cal-Arts show is Craig of the Creek

You're small time. Watch this.

Attached: sgo.png (534x395, 129K)

Shitty image but fair enough.

>Animation
>Not boarding
Why does Yea Forums pretend to know anything about the industry? You are children throwing shit at the screen and hoping someone enjoys the smell of it enough to agree with you.

Why were they showing this like it's a good thing?

They watched Robobuddies, E;R, Lilly Peet and EZPZ's reviews of Steven Universe

Robo is an animation studio, that's more of a Lily sort of bad faith criticism to make. Never watch the third guy's stuff.

No self awareness on any of Rebecca's team

Someone post the Twitter shitshow of Ian and other boarders of Rebecca's justifying the free form expressionism they put into all of their boards which is a just a complex word salad fo them admitting to be super lazy about making detailed storyboards

>Animation studio
I obviously meant student. Cough.

Lily spent a good 1/8 of her video talking about Star Wars and couldn't even stitch together as to why it should feel related to discussion of her Steven Universe review

The alternative would've been some shitty puppet tweened in Flash. Chose wisely.

Attached: d8hmx01-efcc2921-ba84-477d-bc66-8362887209af.png (872x688, 78K)

As we all know, art is inflexible and cannot waver in consistency or else its utterly broken. It's not for showcasing styles, it's for simply presenting a product.

>listing paul villeco by himself and not with Raven Molisee
>listing each team with one example even though some of the boarders within the same team have very different styles from each other (like Joe and Jeff)
it's been years since this image was made and it still bugs me

None of them are even good tho. Yea Forums only likes the art style and aesthetic of the original pilot that aired y'know the one Rebecca paid Gennedy to draw for her

I've never watched the pilot and always disliked its style so you're wrong there.

It was rock bottom to begin with.

Retard.

Attached: tumblr_nsqt8iIeej1u4rj8vo3_500.gif (500x281, 1.41M)

youtube.com/watch?v=IF1_j2WQdxg

Your taste is shit.

Blame the huge disconnect between Miller not wanting to shill out any additional money towards a show that might show a higher turnover in ratings and Rebecca just being genuinely fucking bad at storyboarding at anything remotely resembling a professional level

Whoa such detail, just what an adult like me looks in animation. Simplicity? That's for CHILDREN. Definitely viable for a 150 episode series.

Genndy was the timing director on the pilot, which means all he really did was fill out an exposure sheet (example: pic related) that the korean animators used for reference

Attached: exposure sheet 001.jpg (750x1031, 570K)

>Rebecca
>Bad at storyboarding
Refer back to

Yeah you definitely don't belong on this board my dude

It's fan art, if you couldn't figure that out on your own.

I see you suck studio executive dick too.

How is Gennedy's penis in your mouth?

Rebecca personally storyboarded with Ian every scene in the last few episodes of Season 6 up until the animation just magically changes perspectives because Baxter takes over for a whole 10 seconds before going back to Ian and Rebecca boarding again

look here at mr. adult the connoisseur of children's cartoon

So first is normal Steven, next is steven in a worrying situation, then we have molested Steven, and finally steven on mushrooms.

If you used proper grammar this put down probably would've had more punch.

Considering the Koreans just badly inbetween the storyboards, the two are pretty much just one and the same.

I think the problem isn't that the models fluctuate, but that they fluctuate in a series that wants you to take it seriously. Like nobody gives a damn when something like Flapjack goes off-model.

>Molested steven

Pearl raped Steven when he was sleeping hoping Rose could feel it

Joe Johnston was objectively the best boarder and you have shit taste to not like his episodes.

>Taking anything Steven Universe does seriously

Never. If its not an action cartoon nor does it wish to present itself as an action cartoon no sane human being not from the deepest cesspits of Tumblr will take this show serious

The fluctuation is never enough to take you out of the nature of the scene. If you've watched anime that's where you'll see the real QUALITY.

$0.10 has been deposited in your bank account!

You're genuinely stupid if you believe this narrative you just made up.

Sweet, time to get some penny candy.

>It's okay to be lazy
>I don't expect quality out of my entertainment
>Just consume product and then get excited for next product

Attached: IMG_4821.png (812x655, 486K)

God I remember that. That was so fucking stupid.

>Lazy
>If they don't do it the way /i/ want is lazy
That Jay comment is meant for people like you, user. Just criticize product and get ready to criticize next product. Don't enjoy anything flawed, if you do you're poisoning the industry.

>$0.10
I've got bad news for you, sunshine...

Attached: BIihbosCYAA6EvU[1].jpg (480x360, 24K)

Oh :(

You obviously meant lack of /g/ness

Why are you so desperate to suck the crewniverse's cock, user?

Why are you so desperate to prove you don't like something, user? This works both ways. I never said anything overly positive about the crewniverse by the way. I view episodes on a board by board basis and there's definitely some scenes that look better than others.