Gamzee is bad

>Gamzee is bad
>Eridan is bad
>Dave is woke and would have ended up like Eridan if he didn't improve
>Karezi bad, Davekat good

Wow, can't believe the commentary has to tell you which characters to despise and which character you should love. No wonder people shit on Karkat for guaranteed replies.

Attached: 1541176126077.jpg (320x320, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eHBQGeEm_-5ZfTj0smTKVbu8hDcHkWjAMQcrQhatdRc/edit
homestuck.com/epilogues
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post screens, I need to read the commentary.

Vast Error is better than Homestunk anyway.

Attached: vast.jpg (1280x1280, 645K)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eHBQGeEm_-5ZfTj0smTKVbu8hDcHkWjAMQcrQhatdRc/edit

HAHA look bros, another MSPFA with 20 characters and is 5 years in but hasn't even shown half of them because it spends all of its time waiting for needlessly detailed animations that still don't have a tenth of the charm or direction found in any Homestuck flash.
Cool and New is actually good, read that instead.

Here is one of Eridan being called nastyboy and compared to Caliborn

Attached: 4073B073-05CA-4AE1-AC50-8C0BD3596224.jpg (3316x1536, 971K)

I thought Eridan wasn't "bad" but the archetype of "smrt but lazy" people who would rather do the wrong things to save their ego than swallow the bitter pill that they aren't good enough (yet) and actually actualizing their potential.

Eridan's basically the unsatisfying middle ground between being a driven solo autist like Caliborn and a normal person.

Here is the Dave and Eridan one

Attached: 752B9757-5F3D-497A-B05B-D78B772CCC5C.jpg (2048x1537, 609K)

That wasn't bad at all.

Want to know something cool? Eridan's hive was an actual flying ship before it crashed.

What's the actual comment saying that Karezi is bad? I think you are reading too much into it.

In four parts

Attached: F37B6295-04D1-443D-929D-84E1BAFEDC64.jpg (2048x1536, 650K)

Attached: 588EE260-20E8-40A7-8EE8-4CC8DB70D89B.jpg (2048x1536, 640K)

He also says that Nepeta/Equius is good, and he used "Equius is a racist" and "He's one of the best characters ever created" in the same paragraph.
It seems to me that you're just looking for excuses to be offended, you nastyboy.

Attached: 73C5B4D5-085B-4A35-8529-6ED3133074AB.jpg (2050x1537, 693K)

Boring doesn't mean bad, user.

And it ends in fucking Davekat of page 413 because why the fuck not.

Attached: 24107AA7-4BA7-4DE1-B262-08E386CCF615.jpg (2048x1537, 459K)

Tell that to Hussie.

It's literally saying that the Karezi trope isn't necessarily bad, just that's predictable and consequently boring. Jesus christ.

I am telling that to you. He call it boring, not bad.

Hussie literally said that those kind of romance can actually work and there is nothing worng in enjoying it. Stop cherry picking.

>Davekat stans
Man, he really wants people to hate this ship lol.

So excuse to be 'subversive' is apparently good writing in your books. That's how we got Davekat.

>Hussie literally say it could have ended in something good
>user consider this means it is bad
I think you need to learn to read better.

Fuck, he doesn't even say Davekat is good, he simply wonder how much Karezi shippers turned into DaveKat.

Has the epilogue made people hate Davekat yet? Or does he need to try harder to make this ship unlikeable?

>So excuse to be 'subversive' is apparently good writing in your books.
Not what I say. Don't try to change the topic.

you say he called Karezi bad. He didn't. he called it boring.You try to deflect by saying that for hussie, bad and boring are the same thing, but nowhere can you read that in his comment. Just admit you got that wrong.

Don't you guys get tired of criticizing everything that doesn't follow a conventional development by saying "Ha! They only did it to be subversive! That means IT'S BAD!"?

If you couldn’t tell Gamzee and Eridan were trash joke characters not meant to be liked very much, you’re a dumbass or a fujo

Same for how Nepeta and Feferi weren’t meant to be cared about that much, but he doesn’t make them bad because he doesn’t like being too mean to girl characters

You sure about that? All the girls on Act 6 and onwards to even epilogue, are treated like absolute shit.

It made me like Davekat more because I was able to see them interact outside of a medium where I didn't care about how their relationship blossomed.
What I mean is that during the comic, wasting time to develop romantic relationships made me groan, but the epilogue is a bunch of extra stuff and their interactions were actually good.

Eridan was supposedly a dark mirror to Dave except the two don't share goals to mirror this. If anything Dave's driving force of worshipping his horrible ancestor is directly related to Vriska of all people, as well as being brought up in an abusive environment and doing what he can to survive. Dave has no romance issues to the degree of neither troll, it wasn't on his radar compared to what he 'had' to do versus how he really felt about what he was doing.

Eridan is the reflection of Jane, except they don't reflect in a black and white manner. Eridan is less of a coward than Jane, he never blames the object of his affection for being rebuffed (rather he focuses on Sollux) unlike Jane who blames Jake for passing her by. Jane meanwhile never kills her own friends and object of affection while Eridan does. Both come from homes where they are destined for power and a certain nobility they expect and are the most comfortable in the world they inhabit as well as society's roles destined for them.

It did the opposite, obviously. If everyone hated it, Hussie and everyone else would've stopped pushing it.

Did you even read the epilogue, Satan? It's not the snapchat credits if that's what you mean.

No, and it made some people who hated it start liking it

Vast Error is so bland and boring. The fanbase is also ravenous and underaged.

Attached: D92Hdc-WkAAHw8K.png (1200x1200, 867K)

>? It's not the snapchat credits
That's what I was thinking of. Hence why I deleted my post. My bad.

It's at least neat to see them interact when it's not "Oh, Karkato-kun...~"

davekat was such a tremendous middle finger to anyone that tried to be invested in homestuck ships

But I still fucking hate it. It doesn't seem right.

Like fucking Meenvris.

Eridan is not literally a dark mirror to Dave. There are some parallels, but that happens between a lot of characters.
Dave has parallels with a lot of characters. You can really tell Hussie favored Dave over poor John fucking Egbert.

Okay, that's your opinion.
But granted, Meenvris is literally terrible.

So you agree that the epilogue did push for Davekat then. Fuck Jade and her loneliness and depression of wanting to have a family after being so alone on an island.

>Later the Dirkbot does this exact same thing. But it happens casually in the background as a gag, while Jake is being preoccupied and self-absorbed, as usual. I'm sure Dirk, who programmed the robot to do that, thought it would be a really passionate, dramatic gesture like it is here. But it turned out Jake just didn't care. Nobody cared, Dirk. Your feelings just aren't that important, sorry. What's happening here is important, though. This whole sequence was fire. Miss me with your bad and wrong opinions if you disagree.

Where did it all go so wrong?

Attached: 1558680331005.jpg (165x306, 19K)

>So you agree that the epilogue did push for Davekat then.
I haven't read it yet.

Act 5. Act fucking 5.
Trolls were a mistake.

Attached: 1463779486717.png (240x240, 4K)

homestuck.com/epilogues

Take your time with this then, it's going to be a hell of a ride.

>Meenvris is terrible
Really, nigga? I saw some of you guys defending it while ignoring all the pedo comments and other bullshit.

>Dave has parallels with a lot of characters.
I'm convinced Sollux and Dave can't inhabit the same space for too long before their near identical personalities collapse paradox space into a singularity. Similarly Davekat only works because for Karkat Dave is a replacement Sollux, who lacks the bipolar nature that threw a wrench with Karkat ever getting with Sollux anyway. For Dave Karkat is replacement John, who he knew since Act 1 would never reciprocate his feelings, and went with a failed friendleader than his clueless heterosexual friendleader.