Why does it feel like he's one of the few creators right now who treats animation like a serious production and not...

Why does it feel like he's one of the few creators right now who treats animation like a serious production and not just like an animated web comic him and his friends are making on a big budget?

Attached: Genndy.jpg (1100x600, 117K)

He achieves a high standard balance of style and substance.

Attached: kino.jpg (600x600, 66K)

Who are the other few good ones? The only other that I can immediately think of is Paul Rudish whose doing Mickey Mouse. Funnily enough he also worked on pretty much everything Genndy has as well.
>Genndy not only is a god
>But also creates gods
Can anyone stop him?

Craig McCracken is still doing good work. I know a lot of people here didn't care for Wander Over Yonder, but I think it had a lot of great cartooning that shows that aspire to be wacky cartoons like OK KO or Tig n Seek kind of fall flat at.

He's a true and pure animator. He knows the entire process. He has done the process at every level.

Most showrunners now are really storyboarders, or writers, or comedians, or comic book artists, or designers, or any number of tangentially related fields. They're all talented in their own way, but they're not animators. At least, they're not the kind of animators who can sit down and traditionally animate a sequence by themselves. That requires a certain discipline and fortitude that we no longer foster or value.

Why in the FUCK isn't there a DAMN thread for Primal but Steven Faggaverse and even old Star vs threads are prevalent as all hell !?

He’s living breathing embodiment of kino.

Broad range of influences + Talented Animator + Unique, simplistic but expressive style + Experience on several different projects = Good shit
We had several threads when it was announced and just had one when the SDCC teaser dropped.

But Rebecca Sugar, Daron Nefcy, Dana Terrace, and Ian JQ have all animated completed shorts either during or sometime after college. They're pretty familiar with the process, too.

>They're pretty familiar with the process, too.
But they've never done it as a job.

Tartakovsky, McKraken, Faust, they've all done inbetweening on theatrical productions. You can know the ins and outs of animation, but doing inbetweening as a job builds a fortitude and mileage that is completely unrelated to knowledge. You're building calluses, figurative and literal.

This isn't a knock on the current crop of showrunners. The fact is traditional theatrical animation is pretty much dead in America. They never had the opportunity.

Personally I can't care for most Cartoonnetwork "veterans" they are decent directors because that's what their shock humour required of them, but I can hire anybody else to do that. I can hire the guy who did Villainous, I can hire the girl who did the Bunnicula reboot. Shock humour/decent directing is dime a dozen. Same for the bouncy stretchy animation style.

Dalmatians Street 101 is almost as good as Wander Over Yonder and DC Super Girls.

Everybody on 2009+ Yea Forums has a hard on for these CN creators, but nobody mentions Jetix, Foxkids, Warner Brothers, Disney and a few more.

For 2010+ I can mention: Motorcity, Penn Zero, Fangbone, Tangled, 9th Grade Ninja, Kulipari Warriors, Stretch Armstrong, Niko Sword of Light, Legend Quest, Mystery Inc, The Three Caballeros, a few more I don't even remember plus a lot of movies and specials like Poet Anderson.

Nobody looks up the names of the writers, directors, executive producers for those shows, including me.

Generator Rex is still king above all of those shows. I always forget about that show because it doesn't feel like it was made in 2010. It was the only genuinely good thing airing at the same time. It had a proper budget, proper choreography and decent writing.

Remember how that one scene with Steven that stuck out with everyone and it turned out that it was done by James Baxter? The drastic difference made by just one person with more knowledge of the medium than anyone else on the show.

Attached: you know who it is.jpg (400x278, 17K)

>Kikebecca Hackar
>anywhere near 1 kino level let alone comparable to Genndy
The SUtranny who made this needs to be gassed

These are negative numbers you illiterate

He is making pretentious shit. Cartoons are supposed to be fun and not a silent film

This could've been effective bait if you didn't make it so obvious with the second part.

Kill yourself

This.

So many animators forget the medium they're working in. The stories they tell may be great, but they could also probably be done in live action. Genndy actually uses the animated medium to its full potential.

Are we just going to forget what he did to Samurai Jack? He has to earn my viewership back.

>i didn't like one out of five seasons of one of my favorite shows
I swear you people crack me up with your pettiness.

Attached: 1334635511685.png (298x222, 111K)

There's nothing wrong with animation that could have (technically) been done in live action. Animation can be used for any purpose.

You could make that argument with Mike Judge, or more specifically, King of the Hill, but people love his work.

You don't get to complain about calarts if quibble like this.

>Genndy
>a god
Look, he does fantastic work, I won't deny that.
But don't put him or anyone on a pedestal.
You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

There’s not THAT much to talk about to be fair and I’m not ready to start sharing my dino on caveman smutfics yet

SJ season 5, with all its faults, is still one of the best cartoons of this decade.

The first 3, absolutely
After that it’s more what I’d consider high/low/average

>Motorcity, Penn Zero, Fangbone, Tangled, 9th Grade Ninja, Kulipari Warriors, Stretch Armstrong, Niko Sword of Light, Legend Quest, Mystery Inc, The Three Caballeros,

Hey, thanks for the rec. list.

We had some discussions on it when the trailer and the SDCC clip were released. It looks promising and I'm looking forward to it, but there's so little content available at the moment that it's hard to discuss it with any more detail yet.

Attached: Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal Trailer Coming This Fall adult swim.mp4_snapshot_00.29_[2019.07.22_ (1280x720, 72K)

>snapping theropod leg bones
Is grugmode achievable natty?

Attached: BOI HE BOUT TO DO IT.png (1363x579, 757K)

the series ended on a bleak note, but it was the expected ending: samurai jack went to the past and defeated the evil Aku.

Jack learned as early as the Blind Archers episode to choose helping people in the future over going back to the past. Since he actually did end up going back and erasing Aku and his future, he might as well have just taken that well's portal back in time instead of choosing to free the Archers from it, because they no longer exist either way. It's abhorrent writing.

>it was the expected ending
I wasn't expecting it to just copy TTGL's ending.

It sucked when Hinga Dinga Durgen did it too.

>Hinga Dinga Durgen
That got me

Attached: 766F6306-1DB4-4F7F-927C-A798AD094372.png (706x669, 43K)

>INB4 female cavewoman that gets all of the attention instead of MOMMY tier rex

>Why does it feel like he's one of the few creators right now who treats animation like a serious production
it's because he's been doing it for 20+ years

all of the young budding artists making stuff right now that you guys all complain about will hopefully (i wouldn't count on it) be at his skill by the time 2030 rolls around. nobody starts out good, that's what this entire board, youtube, and twitter fails to realize but yeah keep biting the hand that feeds you more content. take the stop bitching pill. we'd all be happier

Attached: 1552233357457.png (1021x768, 570K)

thanks doc
maybe, provided the networks themselves don't drive them to suicide. I'll never not be livid at how Greenblatt was treated over Harvey Beaks

Some of the articles on the series mention that the caveman and the mommy dino will form an unlikely bond after they both lose their families. So there will probably be a cavewoman wife and maybe daughter(s?) in the first episode, but they're bound to die by origin story.

Attached: primal.jpg (1576x671, 83K)

Yeah, and I don't put good odds on the babby dinos surviving either
I can't wait for the emotional torment, it's gonna be great. Punished Jack was the best part of the whole of S5

But Gennedy was still killing it even back when he was working on Dexter's Lab.

I hope his new show is better than the garbage final season of samurai jack.

Someone in the last thread mentioned that the series would be like "Basically Jack and the Wolf if the woofer was actually a multi-ton lizzer". If Primal will be like that (which it appears to be), it sounds pretty awesome. When S5 was airing, I wished so badly that the wolf could've stayed as Jack's sidekick instead of going on its own way so soon.

Attached: Samurai.Jack.S05E03.XCIV.720p.HDTV.x264-MADRiD.mp4_snapshot_06.32_[2019.07.22_19.38.41].jpg (1280x718, 90K)

Interesting that the dino in this image seems different from both the blue and red dinosaurs we actually see in the clip
wonder how old that promo art is

the whole SDCC clip is basically a redo of the wolf fight from S5 of jack except jack actually helps the wolf and the wolf doesn't get beaten the hell up
scene of some fight against a super duper dinosaur where blue dino gets absolutely shrekt when

>Comparing a Disney animator to anyone
>ANYONE on current television or within the past ten years
>Or even Gennedy
oh i am laffin

Fuck you OP.
Web Comics are quirky and relatable, they're better than anything that old fart has ever done in his life.
If Gender is so successful then where is his webcomic?

You'd have better bait if you just threw an old shoe into the pond, nigga

I desperately hope Primal is good and successful
Genndy having a comeback makes me happy as fuck

Genndy is Jewish too

I never said there was anything wrong with it, just that Genndy uses the animated medium to its full potential because he remembers that it's animated.

Because you're a retarded mongrel?

the show isn't even out yet you smelly ape

Using one of the greatest living traditional animators bar none for your argument is a bit cheating, wouldn't you say?

t. seething Filoni fag