This is supposed to be a nerd

>this is supposed to be a nerd

I was always baffled by this version of Peter. He has the body of Superman.

It's not like the artists drew Peter as weaker looking before he got his powers. He looked like this from the start, which makes every scene where he's getting bullied really funny.

Attached: 13af9eebe196fcc4a3960d68e7f0af16--bang-bang-spider-man.jpg (640x480, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mwePh8vYYIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=t_A5qM2n2bg
youtube.com/watch?v=TWkBWFwdLZo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because 90s Peter Parker is a fucking hunk.

Attached: peter parker.jpg (1016x1600, 648K)

>It's not like the artists drew Peter as weaker looking before he got his powers.

Yes they did. He was much skinnier and showed that the spider bite gave him gains

This is a man who deserves to be married to a supermodel

Attached: peter parker 1.jpg (1022x1600, 647K)

They also gave Doc Ock armor that made him look buff. I think they just had like one body-type to work with because the animation budget was at most two dollars.

This is a full grown, college Peter, dingus. It's pretty much in-line with the comic's representation, where Peter got pretty beefy because of his powers by the time he got that boxing match with Flash, but he still remained a slightly outcasted nerd for other reasons.

It was the 90s where all the men were jacked and all the women were stacked. I miss it

Hell, even the way they drew Jameson made him look kinda buff.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

The Joker was jacked too

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 45K)

>>this is supposed to be a nerd

Peter Parker grew beyond being "a nerd" even by the 1960s. When Romita took over, Spider-Man became more of a hot teen dating book than a misanthropic outcast book. Peter ditched the glasses, dated Gwen and flirted with MJ.

By the 1990s when this cartoon was made, insecure nerd Peter Parker was 20 years in the past.

But you'd know this if you actually read comics.

that and he's obviously modeled after the actor from the 70s tv show

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

my favorite spider-man

Attached: Spider-Peter.jpg (627x476, 54K)

Character designer clearly loved drawing chads.

This is fucking cursed. Like sure he very handsome but, this makes me uncomfortable..

That's just an erection

Same. Still my default Peter Parker voice.

He's based Romita's design instead of Ditko's. Though, I think Ditko started making him look bigger as time went on and he matured into a proper hero.

Joker still looked kind of on the lanky side compared to some, but he was certainly a spry bastard and could put up a ferocious fight if he had strong enough motivation not to fold immediately after Batman's first good hit (which TAS Joker usually does)

He's Romita era Peter, who was a nerdy chad.

I have no dick

I think it might've been an action figure thing. It would be convenient if anyone who was potentially being made into a toy had the same buff dude frame, like how He-man toys worked.

user solves another mystery.

I’ve got enough for the both of us

Always though Light Yagami and Peter Parker TAS sounded similar.

Even when I saw it for the first time around the age of 8 I thought that he should've been built like Harry, and not like Flash.
He was also never the same size and height as Flash, even when he got muscular, so here you go.

I wish they drew him a lanky unassumingly looking dude but then he opens his mouth, and Barnes' voice comes out. It's too bad adaptations can't into this kind of subtlety.

Attached: 90__s_peter_parker_oekaki.png (300x300, 56K)

Look at what he's wearing, how he thinks, how he speaks. Look at his haircut

It's not the body that makes the nerd.

Even Ditko had some girls comment that Peter was kind of Hunky post-bite.

I really wish we would get more movies or shows about an adult Chad Pete.

Attached: consenting adults.jpg (400x394, 52K)

But Peter is pretty much is a chad post-bite.
Harry's the weak on, there's a reason Norman kept picking on him for it.

If you think that is bad looking hair, or that is a bad looking shirt, you can fuck right off this planet, you twisted freak.

And I'm saying it should be about personality and the way he holds himself in public, not about the looks.

Peter was a massive chad in the comics, the movies sold the lie that he was a bullied nerd and now people really believe he's not an attractive dickhead who pulls women all the time but instead some kind of geek who struggles to get a gf.

I hate the "adorkable" meme.

It's so shit and completely out of character for him

You had the movies where he was just like that, and what did you do?
You made that bed, now everyone else should lie in it with you, faggots.

Attached: gar.jpg (500x285, 24K)

That wasn't a chad, that a teen vampire reject pretending to be a loser and coming off as disingenuous. We want an actual grown ass man, who acts like an adult.

Attached: what.jpg (261x526, 17K)

So, your issue with him is that he was what chicks considered to be attractive at the time, and not your idea of 'attractive'?

also,
>pretending to be a loser and coming off as disingenuous
He had exactly 0 (zero) friends outside of his girlfriend whom he already has troubled relationship with, did you see a skateboard and got kneejerk 'REEEE' reaction?

>who acts like an adult
'attractive dickhead who pulls women all the time' is not exactly mature behavior.

Attached: 1536286145713.gif (500x375, 393K)

I could see him being played by a young Bryan Cranston.
The "manly nerd" look was perfect for Walter White and would be for Spider-Man

I saw the movie. I know what happened. But you can't have that guy pretend to be a nerd anymore than you can have Jessica Alba pretend to be a scientist.

"Manly nerd" is such a strange phrase. A nerd is anyone who does not fit in, who is the weird one. A man being manly does not sound like not fitting in.

I know we all have nostalgia for the 90s show, but let's be honest, deadshit dad bod is the best look for adult Peter Parker.

Attached: Peter B Parker.jpg (853x480, 228K)

They also think his webshooters are organic.

The show was also driven by its merchandise, so everyone had action figure bodies.

Clark Kent has the body of Superman too, and hr is supposed to be a well mannered nerdy looking guy.
I think Peter Parker might be Superman.

user is up to something...

Attached: rf Francis WAT.png (546x546, 409K)

I wonder if new superheroines went after him once word got out he was divorced?

So one cannot be both dorky and muscular. What a strange world, where physical fitness is the determinate factor in nerdiness. Not obscure/technical hobbies, not speech patterns, nor social awkwardness, lack of rhythm, submissive/avoidant behavior, et cetera and any combination thereof.

Unless you think that user meant manly as in behavior and not appearance, but that's not what I got.

Attached: InterestingTimes.jpg (450x429, 45K)

No he's meant to be "mild mannered" but he was almost always drawn like a fairly buff fellow. Farm living, man.

I mean, how else could he take those photos? It would be hard to operate a drone that follows a guy swinging between the buildings of New York.

A big, muscular physique is usually associated with confidence and strength, while being submissive and socially awkward is usually associated with being either scrawny and bony or chubby and fat. Of course, that's obviously not always the case, but it's how most people view the world.

>Now stop squirming while i'll pull out my dick and ravage your Shocker hole.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 70K)

That's post-bite.

Someone make Chad Comic Peter Parker vs Virgin MCU Peter Parker

What is nerdy in Peter's behavior in OP's choice of Spidey? Just cause you're not top meathead chad of the group, does not automatically make you the virgin. It's flawed writing when you call a perfectly average man a nerd. Tell, show the opposite.

almost as if being in constant, intense physical action is good for you

I’m average looking, tall, and toned but because I suffer from both autism and schizophrenia. Really hard to woo women with medication because they all call the police on me. But on medication I don’t feel like myself so I don’t bother chasing women because my sexual desires have been destroyed. Mental shit is 70% of your well being.

What you described pretty mich is Peter.
He is pretty manly but because he's always running off to be Spider-man and trying to hide it, everyone get's the first glance impression that he's a flaky weirdo.

>Really hard to woo women with medication

That's called rape, user.

Attached: Spiderman just saying.jpg (709x711, 96K)

Idk what I am doing most of the time but wasn’t charged with rape ever

Attached: joke.gif (480x360, 2.53M)

Lawl.

Shoddy social life, most people think he spends all his time working on oddball science crap (he sorta does, if he's building web shooters and making webbing compound), his friends are usually his girlfriend, his professors, and Harry who's a rich dweeb. Spider-Man may not be a dork, but it's not hard for me to believe that Peter Parker has a reputation as a dork and an unreliable, socially stunted poindexter.

Oh, who also works out. Important detail.

Garfield was a good Peter, Stone was a good Gwen. But the first movie wasn't great and the second one was just shameful

If some average but in-shape guy his age lobbed the kind of one-liners that Peter often does I'd consider him at least a little dorky. Those only work because he's a costumed superhero fighting a man-lizard and a pumpkin tossing goblin.

youtube.com/watch?v=mwePh8vYYIQ

Attached: 1546200613720.jpg (500x500, 36K)

>He was also never the same size and height as Flash, even when he got muscular, so here you go.

SMTAS Peter is still smaller compared to people, his body type is reasonable considering outside of science he doesn't really have any sedimentary hobbies like video games and walks(as far as most people know) for travel, and has an active side-job as a photographer where he's (assumably) chasing around Spider-man's action for shots. Also 60's/70's Flash Thompson wasn't drawn as a pile of muscles like he is now, yeah he was notably fit but not necessarily huge compared to Peter.

Attached: 2989044-346 hand-me-downs.jpg (480x360, 19K)

He was slighty smaller before he got bit.

Good old TAS Eddie. Which reminds me, if I could get anyone to play Eddie Brock..

Attached: Bolt_Vanderhuge.gif (300x211, 505K)

The movies are coming later down the road. Also the game

Someone high up on the staff must have had a muscle fetish. I mean, look at 90% of anyone.

I’m pretty sure he’s the only hero of his universe. At least, one with powers

Sometimes I think its almost impossible for people after a certain age to understand pre Ultimate/Raimi movies Spider-man in context. MCU has only further aggravated it. The concept of Peter being a nerd in the modern sense just wan't a thing. Yes he was into science, but not someone you'd call a geek or an outcast. His outsider status came more from the difficulty in balancing his superhero life and a social one. The irony is after the spider bite,Peter would've fit in just fine in society as he got older and being spider-man probably helped a lot as far as maturing as a person(not just in the sense of making him stronger, but also that it allows him some financial independence and confidence), but its also the same thing that drives him away.

The smartest thing for these movies to do is to do 6 or 7 and go on 2 year cycles so that by the end of this we have a 30-34 year old Peter. Lets do this Harry Potter style. I think 4 more solo movies at least is totally feasible.

He was very much an outcast in his first appearance, partially because he was an angry cunt. But he did become more sociable and accepted relatively fast.

Yeah, but that's more realistically low-key jacked than 90's superhero gains-for-days jacked.

Its almost as if its a comic book inspired show and comic characters are drawn unnecessarily muscular, especially before the 2000s when the realism movement kicked in.

Attached: cf46daa028b7c203f6da1a7f96bef54e.jpg (1440x2189, 776K)

Thats why I said after the Spider-bite. After it he's tossing quips (and one time a fist) right back at Flash; post-bite Peter could get laughed at but it was in good fun and the high school/college years are full of the cast ripping on each other because thats what people do. The outcastness came more from Peter having to always disappear or backout from plans; you always have melodramatic monologuing from other characters talking about how they like Peter but something keeps him from being completely normal

I agree. Just adding to your statement the fact that Ditko's Peter is very different from all later incarnations

>realism movement

Attached: 1546239468247.gif (360x360, 2.51M)

>nuh uh its different, its ok when BTAS did it!

Its the same damn body type as Batman's, the BTAS style didn't draw a ton of lines on the muscles. You can say Joker lacks the ab definition on Batman here but those abs weren't visible when under clothes like the Joker is wearing.

Attached: Lighthouse_zps450b3b7e.jpg (640x480, 31K)

Black Cat was the embodiment of that sentiment

I always thought Joker looked a little narrower than Batman. Mind you, I never expected Joker to be some twig. He's a crime lord and (maybe) former mob triggerman. Joker does need to be somewhat imposing. He's got to be able to loom over and intimidate ordinaries and lesser thugs. But he wasn't bulging all over the place like some clearly were, Bats included.

Attached: batman-catches-Joker-batman-the-animated-series-e1459683390566.jpg (300x225, 19K)

in his defence, being Spider-man for a few years would bulk you up like that too
constant web swinging must be a good workout

Attached: 90.jpg (1164x976, 397K)

Dock Ock wasnt always drawn muscular

Attached: OckASM3-1024x987.jpg (1024x987, 294K)

It was the 90s. Characters had to be either ludicrously muscular or grotesquely corpulent

>that 90s spiderman TAS episode where mysterio kills himself

CHADer Parker

>SHOOOOCKEEEEEER
He was fun

>that gif of her muscling up
B-Boner no.

>handsome, intelligent, and built even before the spider bite

Was he just extremely passive and non-confrontational beforehand?

Do you think MJ ever asked to be webbed to the ceiling for something sexual and gravity defying?

Oh shit. I guess that answers

That's really funny, I'd love to see that in anything like a comic or a TV show.

What if he was allowed to punch?

He punches. 14:29.
youtube.com/watch?v=t_A5qM2n2bg

Casual be gone

Okay sure, but what if he was allowed to punch all the time?

>Same. Still my default Peter Parker voice.
yes
youtube.com/watch?v=TWkBWFwdLZo

Attached: ad646e61a151d74664cfac369060bd26.png (668x462, 492K)

That would have been cool if Peter got a divorce instead of selling his soul to the devil

Attached: 273325-56231-one-more-day.jpg (640x640, 54K)