Why would he choose such a lame gimmick? How is anyone supposed to take him seriously?

Why would he choose such a lame gimmick? How is anyone supposed to take him seriously?

Attached: Green-Goblin-Norman-Osborn-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man.jpg (500x982, 129K)

>Why would he choose such a lame gimmick? How is anyone supposed to take him seriously?
They were ripping off Joker, user

>Why would he choose such a lame gimmick?
He's insane. Also goblin used to be a more threatening term before decades of RPGs reduced them to comparable to an especially large rat in threat level.
>How is anyone supposed to take him seriously?
The purse full of grenades. Disregard that it's a purse.

Much like the rat, a lone goblin is a slight threat, but the true danger lies in the coming hordes

He's got a man purse full of grenades. That's pretty intimidating, dude.

STFU user
Goblins are a real problem in America that none of you dirty leftists care to deal with it.

He wanted to give Peter his daily dose.

>purse.
that's clearly a satchel though

>Halloween gimmick
>Lame

I'd be more intimidated by a cackling man in a rubber onesie throwing bombs and razorblades from his flying skateboard over an army of retards wearing Guy Fawkes masks any day.

Because he had nightmare/hallucinations of a green goblin hiding in the shadows as a kid when his father would lock him inside an old abandoned house during stormy nights to toughen him up.

It's actually clearly a messenger bag.

>Why would he choose such a lame gimmick
A lot of cocaine, IRL.

Attached: maximum-overdrive.jpg (1000x600, 68K)

Hobgoblin is basically the cooler Green Goblin.0

He's actually the warmer Green Goblin.

Just stop

>a lone goblin is a slight threat
To an infant or a disabled person, maybe.

Attached: capybara-bird.jpg (600x403, 69K)

Is that really any more intimidating than a normal terrorist or something?

Have you ever had to deal with a guy with a man-purse full of grenades?

If it sneaks up on you, it can do some damage is more of what I was getting at, but it does rely on specific situations.
One on one, face to face, I agree with you

Is a normal terrorist not intimidating?

>To an infant or a disabled person, maybe.
To an ordinary human, if we're still talking D&D. The average goblin is challenge rating (CR) is 1/4, the average commoner is CR 0 and the average human guard is CR 1/8. Goblins are hardier than their size suggests, stealthy, and armed and armored.

No. Those are like real life level 1 bosses.

Excuse me it’s got a hip band so it’s clearly a fanny pack

Go fight terrorists user. Take pictures. I want to see how tough you are IRL

Yeah, but if they were wearing a goofy costume they'd be significantly less.

Norman is not good with names

Attached: mG0jPqL.jpg (1230x1849, 752K)

>t. J.J. Jameson

That's his belt.

But they travel in packs

It doesn't really matter what someone looks like if they can fly through my window and blow up my room with a single grenade I'm going to take them seriously

Ok Vegeta but what does the scouter say about Green Goblin's power level?

How is anyone supposed to take the Joker seriously? Its all in the execution

Ditko was literally taught to draw comics by the guy that created Joker

>CR
Giving D&D to a fucking trading card company is the worst thing that's ever happened

At least he doesn’t dress as a clown.

Does the Joker want to be taken seriously?

The entire point of Norman, which has perhaps been obscured by years of awful garbage like the Ultimate Universe's Hulk-Goblin and the Garfield movie trying to ape that shit, is that Norman wants being a villain to be *fun* for himself. He fucking loves it. That's why he based his persona on Halloween clichés and laughs like the Joker.

If your adaptation of Norman's not having a fucking blast, then he's Goblin'ing wrong. Dafoe was probably as accurate as we'll ever get in live action because people are so fucking scared of either being seen as camp or repeating the Raimi films now.

so he's just an epic trole

You may want to stop reading comics if people dressed in dumb costumes bothers you.

>Back in my day we had HD. And what ever happened to Thac0? Kids used to love convoluted math!

>copy of the man who laughs
>dares to call others a rip off

Honestly yeah, the Goblin suit makes it clear he's nuts and is probably going to murder you indiscriminately.

It's a pretty classic formula: Silly Thing + Murder = Unnerving

But they're all level 1, so you should be able to take them if you grind hard enough.

>Spectacular's ice cold, stoic Norman Osborn turning into cackiling, sadistic Steve Blum Goblin