I don't understand why so many people think he's a terrible boyfriend/character

I don't understand why so many people think he's a terrible boyfriend/character.

Attached: Tom Sloane.jpg (419x239, 20K)

He was the reason for Daria and Jane lost friendship

Show kinda took a nosedive when he showed up as well

Because he shifted the tone of the series in a direction most fans didn't want

what the fuck ?
why do people actually dislike him other than "he broke up daria and jane
theyre teenage girls falling out over a boy its not like its uncommon
right sure tom was the annoying voice of reason but i think he was genuinely a half decent character

I think he was fine.

Jane/Daria shippers

I'm not joking

Shippers have always been a thing and they've always been annoying

he's a nice guy

He broke up Daria and Jane and every time he entered a scene it felt like the humor went right out the fucking window. Daria's sole focus became Tom and there'd always be a problem they'd have to discuss. It became a boring cycle that killed my enthusiasm to continue the series. I still don't know how it ended.

He was boring and the way he and Daria got together was really shitty.

People are mad because change is scary. To me he came in just at the right time and left just at the right time. Daria handled a little drama very well.

Watch the rest, the last stretch of the show is great.

Reminder that only dykes hated Tom

>"Oh no a straight white cis male that's a positive influence instead of a dumb asshole like they usually are on this show! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

See:

Attached: Daria_and_Tom.jpg (483x357, 23K)

>Hey, what if we introduce an unfunny boring character into a show full of funny characters

Attached: cortex.png (157x253, 57K)

because if he's dating Daria then I can't.

People just get mad he steal their waifu.

Terrible boyfriend because he was a smug egotistical douche. Terrible character because he had no development beyond that.

Tom helped Daria grow so much. Daria at the end actually grew into a pretty cool person.

Oh fuck I forgot all about that. Jane, Daria and Tom was when the show turned into a fucking love triangle.

Personally alot of what contributed to my vitriol for Tom was that it sealed the fate of Daria ever having anything build further with Trent who was a character she actually had history with whereas Tom just materialized out of the ether where his sole purpose for existing was to get into a relationship with Daria.

I remember they would always have an argument but that Tom came off really rational but boring and flat and kinda smug. God was he smug.

Sure, why not? I'll give it a try again. Thanks user.

Love triangles are fucking stupid and bring the story down 99.9% of the time they are introduced.

They kinda explained the Trent thing with Daria effectively realizing that he wasn't her type and that it was a youthful crush. She even says "I think I just got over something."

I see your and understand complaints, but it was nice to see a positive male role model for once in a show (sorta) made for girls.

Because he had no real flaws. He exists to contrast against Trent, who is a very flawed character and the only one that makes Daria's vagina tingle. Women don't want men like Tom, they want men like Trent, even though its obvious who makes the better husband.

>Oh fuck I forgot all about that. Jane, Daria and Tom was when the show turned into a fucking love triangle.
>Personally alot of what contributed to my vitriol for Tom was that it sealed the fate of Daria ever having anything build further with Trent who was a character she actually had history with whereas Tom just materialized out of the ether where his sole purpose for existing was to get into a relationship with Daria.
Yes. Tom was just a plot device and not a character. It's painfully obvious watching that the only reason he was introduced was so they could do a story with relationship drama/jealousy between Daria and Jane. And it was a good story. But then they made the mistake of letting the plot device stick around after that story was over.

>straight white cis male that's a positive influence instead of a dumb asshole
There were already males like that on the show you incel.

Because Daria was one of my first waifu's and SHE WAS TOO GOOD FOR HIM

Name some

>I-i-incel

Opinion disregarded

Maybe you should watch the show instead of asking others to spoon-feed you, incel.

Attached: 250px-DavidSorenson_01.jpg (250x284, 12K)

>incel
Not that guy, but I honestly think you're underage.

How many of these supposed characters had as much positive influence on Daria as Tom?

As much of a positive influence as David had on Quinn.

Literally caused a divide between two friends. Romance always seems to mess with friendships in fiction.

Using the incel ad hominem will disregard your post automatically. Unless we are playing by roastie/incel rule sets.

Wew, anybody get the feeling that his user checks under his bed for crazy chicks with blue hair under his bed at night?

Wish I had a crazy chick with blue hair under my bed. So fucking lonely.

Attached: kahn filled with sadness and wishes to lay down and die.png (980x662, 373K)

Yeah, it's a bit silly to complain about idiots on the show, when besides Daria, Jane and Trent(most of the times), all of the characters act like dumb assholes in this show.

Daria/Trent shippers too.

>all of the characters act like dumb assholes in this show.

The black characters

>Daria/Trent shippers too.
Nothing wrong with this ship.

There's only like two of them in the entire show, and their deal is being in constant Model Minority mode.

Trent was the eternal slacker. Daria had more of a future without him. In some ways Tom was also a slacker.

Which is why I like Tom - you seriously don't get characters like him anymore, but you still get "woke af black characters"

>it sealed the fate of Daria ever having anything build further with Trent who was a character she actually had history
Eat shit shipper. Trent was a.) way older than Daria and b.) a loser going nowhere. They weren't ever supposed to be a thing, he was just there to be the older guy that Daria crushes on.

Nah there is the black chick's parents and one is basically just a fast talking republican type and the other seems like she is always ready to start an argument based on her race if memory serves.

Ok what kind of character is Tom? I only remember him being pretty damn generic. Like I can remember fun stand out moments for almost every character but for him it's a total blank.

Trent was a slacker because no one was around to motivate him or reassure him that what he was chasing was obtainable. Trent even opened up with his concerns about being a rock star near the end of the series. He probably spent more time busting his ass getting the band to play wherever whenever possible. His only real flaw was he probably got discouraged too easily.

It did not help that one of his bandmates was a bit of a tosser who thought they did not need any improvement in the fundamentals.

He's not meant to be a funny or over the top character, so I can't blame you for that, just a normal dude for once on this show.

>DARIA COULD HAVE SAAAAVED HIM
It’s Zutara all over again.

Not even my argument but I laughed anyway.

No the entire point abut her relationship was that it was a dumb stupid crush on someone who was older then her. Which wouldn't have been such an issue if he wasn't such an immature loser. Their arc was never going to end with them together.

In real life too. I can't tell you how many friends I've temporarily lost to some roastie.

So I was able to find the torrent for the Fan Restorations.

I honestly did not have a problem with getting along or civil with most of my friend's significant others.

post it in the torrent board

>>DARIA COULD HAVE SAAAAVED HIM

Attached: 1559502052593.png (1920x1200, 2.35M)

check the animation thread

I can't think of a single show where the romance arc WASN'T the lowest point of the series.

He still needed to be around in some capacity so they could have Daria completely reject teen romance at the end of the series.
Normal within the range of boys able to talk to Daria and Jane without having to pretend he knows what they're on about.

Incel this, incel that. Just argue back already.

He literally has no character traits.

Trent was a burn out and the resolution of that arc for Daria was maturing enough to get over her crush

Endure, the last season is great and he's barely in it. especially Boxing Daria,

He's a crappy boyfriend because his relationship with Jane worked like most people's relationship with chewing gum- once it lost flavor, to the curb it went. And then he made an immediate move on her best friend.

As a character, he's boring because after that initial wedge between Jane and Daria, he adds no real conflict to the series. Nor much in the way of humor.

He ruined the dynamic of the duo, just for the sake of being there, and the only reason he was even there was just so Daria quit that crush shit for good, and even the Hair Dye episode did it better and without him.

Wealth to the point of near complete apathy is a character trait, just not a terribly interesting one.

At the end of the day it boils down to jealous waifufags who hate him because he's too far removed from themselves(he's rich, he's intelligent, he's handsome) so they can't self-insert as the guy who gave Daria her first kiss.
Why they wish they were the guy who first took Daria to second base in the first place is another can of worms entirely

Attached: stop-making-excuses-cover.jpg (620x364, 58K)

The episode between him, the dad, and one of Quinn's hanger ons was GOAT

He's boring.