Why is there 4 (or more) robins. What is the difference between these bland ass white boys...

Why is there 4 (or more) robins. What is the difference between these bland ass white boys. Not even one of them is interesting let alone 4. Why do they try and make us remember and care for fucking four of these wankers. Same for batgirl. Fucking stupid.

Attached: b41fb09b691cad84-600x338.jpg (600x338, 71K)

They are all variations of Dick Grayson

They exist to sell more comics and merchandise

>Why is there 4 (or more) robins
>Pic has one Robin

You have to go back

Flashpoint didn't do enough. Make the DCU 5 years since Batman Year One. Make Dick 12 again. Write out the rest of them.

really wish they would kill off the bat family shit. Bat girls was to much and now we have some dyke who only has military training running around as bat women. It should only be Batman and one robin.

Dick is by far the best partner for Bruce

Each robin corresponds to a certrain personality trait of batman taken to it's extreme.

Dick is his adventurous side and since of justice

Jason is his side that craves vengence and violence

Tim is his intellect and detective nature

Damian is his mirror as a child. The wounded scared little boy who desperately seeks to make things right.

Dick : Nightwing
Tim : Red Robin
Jason : Red Hood
Damian Wayne : Robin

(There's also Carrie Kelly, the female Robin from TDKR)

Attached: 5815153-1218291701-latest.jpg (556x480, 35K)

At least someone gets it.

No, he doesn't, because that's the most brainless excuse someone can muster and that doesn't actually mean anything.

t. doesn't read comics

I read them, and that's why i know it's bullshit.

then, please, enlighten us; how is he wrong?

>Dick
Flirty, light-hearted

>Jason
DAMAGED, sardonic

>Tim
Nerdy, quippy

>Damien
Edgy, naive

Dick can be just as smart with computers and a good detective as Bruce or Tim. Tim being the smart one is pretty much meaningless. The same goes for the need for vengeance or a crave for violence. Jason's more a man with huge daddy issues that seeks attention than someone who's out for vengeance. What is he even avenging? And Damian is where you get to see that these descriptions mean nothing. Damian doesn't seek to make any things right, at most he seeks approval.

Dick is the only true Robin

Don’t even know why the others have fans

We don't need fucking Robins, only schway man.

Attached: schway.png (416x636, 270K)

So basically you've read a handful of comics built up your retarded personal head canons and are screaming not my robins.

Good on you.
Modern comics are worthless when it comes to any form of canon.
We are all throwing around interpretations.
My interpretation is just the one that is used more.
Your interpretation is just you being a boring cock sucker.

Sorry, I take that back.
Cocksuckers perform a much needed and beloved service that every man knows the value of and is grateful for.

You are a radioactive piece of shit.

Why in gods name are we still pretending that people like less fun cyberpunk rip off of spiderman 2099?

>Why is there 4 (or more) robins
Jason and Dick aren't Robin anymore, and they haven't been one for a very long time.

I never liked Spiderman 2099 at all. My thing is, why is this even a thing in the future. Kid gets bit by spider to get powers and that should be the end once kid dies but nope bitches get the powers, a black kid gets them, some asian slut gets them, kid's bitch from another dimension gets them, some indentured servant in the future gets them, there is a spider people hunter out there but why is there enough spider people for this spider people hunter to even hunt?

>white boys
Dick is a gypsy and Damian is some sort of Arab hybrid, OP, you're proving you don't read comics.

Your interpretations are nothing but weak excuses to allow for a bloated cast. Like that page from Batman and Robin Eternal where Cass points out that Dick is heart, Jason is fist, and Tim is brains. What you have is writers trying to distinguish the various Robins using the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' dynamic. It's pure weak attempt to justify the bloated cast. Weak because most of the time they interchangeable other than their names and costumes.

Read a fucking comic you mouth breathing retrobate.

Also this.

Does Dick even have any modern age Robin stories or is it all goofy silver age shit? I mean, the damn boy wears briefs. He only fits in ridiculous situations.

I like most of the Robins but I agree, pigeon-holing them into simple character archetypes and reflections of Batman is shit and just makes them less nuanced or potentially interesting.

one is a slut, one is dead, one is a nerd, and the other is a shitty idiot brat. easy to remember.

and the secret, bonus unlockable robin is a Cute Girl

Not to mention that it makes Batman or Dick less interesting.
Hush, Orca, and so on are all Dick's arch-enemies now, because that's what writers do when they try to make the Robins to be mere reflections of Batman. Take Batwoman, who they tried to make into the supernatural Bat-Family fighter. That used to be another thing that Batman was able to do, what with him being pals with Deadman, Etrigan, and so on. But not so much anymore, because Batwoman needs something and that hers now. With this Batman gets less and less interesting, because everything that he was and could be gets taken away to be given to his bloated cast.
Dick suffers from this as well. He used to be smart and a good detective, but he can't be that good anymore in those areas because Tim now exists and that has to be Tim's thing. So Dick can't be shown to be stepping on Tim's new shoes. Same goes for when they started to give all of Dick's love interests and friends to Jason during the New 52, to the point where Starfire and Arsenal had more of a relationship with Jason than with Dick. So even Dick gets to be less interesting with time thanks to the bloated cast.
Hell, Tim suffered from this when Damian showed up. Then Damian fans were scared as hell of him going through the same thing when Duke was being pushed. Eventually Damian will have to be grown up into a rebel teen who's trying to strike on his own and i bet that the Red Hood fans will get self-conscious about teenager Damian stealing Jason's cozy spot as the rebel one without a cause.

Isn't it a little mean to call rape victims sluts?

Have you seen the way that Dick dresses?
He was asking for it.

Dick is the flirty dumb one with daddy issues
Jason is the rebellious edgelord with daddy issues
Tim is the boring smart one with daddy issues
Damian is the bratty teenager with daddy issues

>DAMAGED, sardonic
>>Tim
>Nerdy, quippy
Gay

I think I would cut Tim out of the group, but only because it's rediculous to assume Bruce developed father/son relationships with all of them, there literally isn't enough time

Unless you had him with Damian as he's getting older and needs to retire, setting up Damian to be Batman Beyond. That would be cool

user, no one has time for your meandering motherfucking bullshit.
If you can't break them down into something simple and easily understood then they are meaningless fucking bloat.

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT ANY ROBIN THAT ISNT FUCKING DICK GRAYSON

That is reality
That is truth.
The poorly written retardation being spat out to justify there being 4 motherfucking concurrent robins does not mean shit to fucking anyone.
Not even the fucking comic book fans.

Grow the fuck up.
They ARE just fucking outgrowths of fucking batman.
Each robin came in at a time where batman was a different persona based on the comic timeline.
I mean, goddamn.

How is Damian a variation of Dick? The contrast between the two is pretty obvious.

If you think that's true you must have looked in the wrong places.

Why not try reading a comic book sometime to see what’s different about them?

>Jason's more a man with huge daddy issues that seeks attention than someone who's out for vengeance
What
>What is he even avenging?
His own death. The deaths that Batman enables by not killing Joker.

Tim is the only one that’s generic and not memorable. The others have unique personalities.

Well they are each other's primary ship these days.

Fpbp

Why do I hate Tim?

>Why is there 4 (or more) robins.
Why are there 4 (or more) robins?

Attached: World's Greatest Detective detecting.jpg (600x332, 34K)

I agree. Bruce loves Dick. Everyone knows this.
>Tim : Red Robin
Yum!!

He's not sexy

This is the most bullshit meme. That is so incredibly reductive. The Robin's are not Ninja Turtles. Every time some fan regurgitates this nonsense to justify the existence of their favorite Robin and his place in Batman's bloated Batcave it means more people who don't actually read comics will believe it.

Patrician taste.

Two Raphaels, one Leo, and one Donatello. Got it.

Agree, Tim and Jason are pointless. Damian is there so old Batfans who are now fathers have something else to relate to and cling to as they desperately try to connect to their sons.

Dick exists because Finger and Kane decided Batman needed a young sidekick, and they made money off of it. Or Kane did at least.

Jason exists because Dick was getting old for the scalemail undies, but they still liked the idea of Robin.

Tim exists because one autist with a robot dialed in enough votes to have Jason killed, but DC still liked the idea of Robin, and they'd been without one for a while.

Damian exists because Morrison thought the end of Son of the Demon was really cool and that he could make some cool stories with the Son of Batman being trained by the first Robin. And he was right on all counts.

>and they'd been without one for a while
It was literally 7 issues.

Huh. I need to read more 90's Batman.
Everything else makes the impression that they spent years between them.

It's probably an effect of the canon, in which there is a significant gap between functional Robins because Batman has to get fucked up enough for Tim to notice and do something about it, and then Tim has to go through a sufficient amount of training and personal drama to justify his presence in the field.

So how long was it between when he stole the costume out of the case, and when he got his own suit with trousers?

the only one that matters is dick

Attached: 1558113518192.jpg (591x835, 62K)

I can't remember; it's been so long since I read it. I want to say it was at least several months before he was allowed out, which is a pretty long time in comics.

I'm pretty sure it was closer to a year. At least, LpfD ended in '89 and Tim didn't get his suit till '90.

Yeah, I lowballed it. I was thinking it had to be more than six months, but really anything that takes more than a week of internal time may as well be a doctorate.

>man who is emotionally and mentally destroyed by losing his family makes a new and extremely large family again
This is all the justification you need.

Attached: bat family.jpg (1000x684, 104K)

They're easy to tell apart because they all have such unique personalities
>Dick
A fucking slut, wears blue to signify he's not as edgy as the other three Robins, the most popular purely because he was the first to exist. Cheats on all his girlfriends and evades death purely by his self-insert fans on reddit making threats towards Dan DiDio.
>Jason
Edgelord who attracts both 15 year old boys and tumblr woke feminists who want to fuck him. Claims to kill people because it's the correct thing to do but really is just lashing out at Batman because he's retarded from being hit in the head with a crowbar repeatedly. Has been stuck in Lobdell jail for nearly a decade.
>Tim
Bland teen hero who was popular in the 90s and is now irrelevant. The "smart" one yet curiously enough we never see him use those smarts. His big thing is being the best detective out of the Robins, but being a second rate detective is useless in the DC universe because you'll always be beaten out by Detective Chimp.
>Damian
Was created to die but was forcibly resurrected because everyone realised he was more interesting than Tim courtesy of having an actual personality. Is this personality likeable? It doesn't matter, it just needs to exist. The funny thing about Damian is that despite being Batman's only blood son he still gets less attention from his father than Duke fucking Thomas.

right but lets face it, gettng anew young man every few years must make you a suspicious person

Attached: 1558257389793.jpg (488x750, 84K)

Where's Alfred

Taking the picture.

Taking the picture

Non-Combatant.
Alfred goes for the kill, and Bruce doesn't like that, but he can't really stop him either.

cant blame him
secret service and SAS sort of force that habit in your head

>Is this personality likeable?
He gets there eventually. About the time Bat-Cow is introduced is when he makes it around the corner, actually.

And you know, living in Gotham for half your life.
He knows well enough that normal places aren't like this, but he's been there long enough to get used to it.

>Damian wants to be the best Robin he could be and really really tries to uphold his father's standards
>Bruce shits on him relentlessly because of some "prophecy"
I gotta admit, that kinda pissed me off. Where the fuck is the set up for that prophecy anyway, when Bruce came back from his time trip all he sees are Metron and Darkseid.

Damian and Bruce don't work well as Batman and Robin, their personalities are too similar.
Both of them work better with Dick.

Comics have always been too fucking bloated. I like Batman as a street level guy solving crimes and punching people with one (1) Robin. Occasionally doing more bigger scale stuff with JL.

nah gothams like east london im sure hes fairly used to it

Attached: 1556195839238.jpg (680x947, 454K)

Jeeesus look at all the sameface. At least Steph looks cute.

If Batman allowed a non- white in the batcave everything would be gone the next day.
He already has to keep a close eye on the minority heroes that visit.

/pol/ making the usual rounds. Gotta water them plants. It's a living.

Why does everything always have to be about /pol/ with you.
Go back there and stay if you can't go a second without obsessing over it.

>amian and Bruce don't work well as Batman and Robin, their personalities are too similar.
Fuck off Timfag.

Dick is sexy
Jason is a crybaby terrible Robin, a boring villain/antiher
Tim is his boring
Damian is a killer.

Robin isn't Batman's kid but Dick, Damian and Jason are.

Tim and Duke are not Batman's kids since both have living parents.
Duke Thomas is not and was never a Robin and is not relevant to this discussion. He's about as legit a Bat family member as Joker's daughter.

Agreed. Kill off Dick and Tim since they're the only ones with no direction. No point to these characters if not a single writer can make a story for them without having them become Batman.

You have standards.

>Calling a white, heterosexual male a rape victim.
user, we can't have that.

So why aren't most of his stories about him hunting the Joker?

Other than having a Token in the BatFam- which we had with Batwing or whatever the fuck Fox called his gimpsuit he nicked off an African -what exactly is Duke's purpose?

Is it dicking the brain damaged white girl?

Can we play a game to simplify the modern bat-universe? Assume there are a few non-starters, Dick needs to stay Nightwing and Barbara needs to stay Batgirl, but their involvement in the actual bat-family can be whatever you want.
Who would you keep? Who would you push out?

>user posts politically incorrect stuff
>wtf lol why calling me /pol/ maybe stop thinking about it so much ha ha RENT FREE RENT FREE RENT FREE
Literally brain damaged.

Get rid of Tim, Duke, and Damian. Almost would include Steph and Jason too, but they are pretty effective as foils. Cass gets to stay because her entire character is the most creative thing DC has done for the Batfamily in ages. The otherwise stupid no-kill policy makes sense with her around.

>Who would you push out?
Duke
Tim
Cass
Jason
Catwoman
Stephanie Brown

>. Cass gets to stay because her entire character is the most creative thing DC has done for the Batfamily in ages
Casssfag nobody give shit for you fatgirl.

I don't like Cassandra Cain Cass is just sooooo goddamn boring. ..... A lot of people don't like Cassandra Cain.

To be fair, most of You Cassfags' "fans" have never actually read a comic with the character in it (hell, most of them have never read a comic book... Period). They just like her because she isn't white. And if you say anything negative about the character (even if the criticisms have nothing to do with race), you must be a racist, in their minds.

>Same for batgirl.
Babs is best girl.

>No new posts
oted By: Brown and Cass are so uninteresting to me. Especially Cass Caine which to me felt like the Jurassic Park 3 Spino vs T-Rex effect where they killed of Babs and told me " You like Cass now!". How about no?

Just clean out the 90's and 10's bloat. Tim is gone. Steph is Gone. Cass is gone. Azrael is gone. Duke is Gone. Harper Row is gone. Anyone else at that level of importance or lower who isn't mentioned below is gone.

Batman has no Robin.
Nightwing is in Gotham again. Stars in his solo. Damian is a regular supporting character as his sidekick.
World's Finest is rebooted with Jon (de-aged) and Damian as the main characters.
Batgirl is on the outskirts of the franchise. Still shows up in crossovers.
Red Hood remembers he likes to murder people and becomes a full villain again. No solo series.
Luke Fox works at WayneTech and only suits up in emergencies.
Batwoman is so far outside the Batfamily that people forget she exists. But she's still there.
Catwoman is an anti-hero, but she's outside the circle of trust.

You raise a good point.
Kill Jason and Tim.

Yep.

Batman has so many Robins for the same reason rich people have a dozen cars in their garage: to show off. So he can point at the other superheroes and go "Ha ha! I have more sidekicks than all of you! Suck it, Kent!"

>What is the difference between these bland ass white boys.
Dick is a gypo (via retcon and he doesn’t look it at all), Tim was supposed to be a jew according to Dixon and since he’s Benis’s favorite you can bet your ass he will be jewish and Damian is half Chinese and part Arab. Only Jason is white.

>Suck it, Kent!
Not the only time Bruce says that

Steph is the Mikey.

Then if that's the case why does she remain compared to say Orpheus, Oynx, Lynx, the two Batwings, and all of Batman Inc?

If a character has lasted that long there must be some that are interested in the character. Given something is resonating them with this character than the others.

Because writers are stupid.

Imagine disliking Jason.

Right?

Attached: tumblr_5ae13cd42b6ced51c6e74e068b2fb9c3_38093101_640.jpg (640x311, 50K)

This is utterly simplistic and wrong to the bone. A pile of bullshit basically.

Which is why they're such a popular M/M ship in fanfics.

We wish

Damian whishes he was Ralph, man.
He's not.

>Damian whishes he was Ralph, man.
>He's not.
Tim pls...you are still Batgirl.

Ralph is funny, a player, quite social foe the angsty turtle and can be actually relaxed and forgiving, Nd doesn'r have a problem putting himself in other's shoes (he can empath fine).

Damian whishes he was Ralph.

In all fairness 2099 was the only true Spider-amn expy for a long time, and he existed 100 years into the future due to a direct attempt at recreating Spider-man.

>Damian whishes he was Ralph.
Nobody give fuck for Ralph or turtles.

based

Your English hasn't improved, I see.

Nightwing and Damian are way different. Tim Drake is a scrawny loser. Jason Todd is an edgelord.

cringe samefag. It's fpwp.

Nah, you're just a Jasonfag.
Jason couldn't even handle simple torture.

I'm genuinely surprised how Batman even saw anything in him.

>bland ass white boys
ah it's a niggerpost not an actual discussion
move along

>Damian whishes he was Ralph.
So exactly like Jason then.

Because nobody but edgy faggots in their 40 + teens cares about jason.

And that comes from... ?

Jason Todd has none. He as fucking shallow as child's swimming pool. There's no reason why he should have been recruited to anything higher than a Gotham hoe...hey gave him Scarlet and it didn't fix him.

They gave him Joker's Daughter and he shot her.

Jason needs to be written by the least edgy writer DC has to counterbalance all the shit he's done.

Nope. If you cannot tell the differences that make Jason way more fit to till the red role, you clearly don't read comics with neither Jason nor Damian as main chatacters. You're just a casual Batman fag,

Dick>Damian> Batcow > Titus> > > > > > Jason Tim

Attached: Batman- the brave and the TOLD.png (500x361, 401K)

So mucb hate.

Tell us, user, about your trauma. This is an anonymous board after all.

>Nope. If you cannot tell the differences that make Jason way more fit to till the red role,
Ralph is not Gay .
Jason is gay and pedophile .

Uhum.
Still in need of some English clases, pal.

So if they made one of the Robin's black, it would suddenly be interesting?

Yeah no

OP triggered our resident Jasonfag autist.

Fucking kek.
Mass-replying doesn't actually change the fact that you're literally insane Jasonfag.

Attached: 1523908311269.jpg (1019x1600, 361K)

Why is this board so autistic?

It sounds like you are projecting Jasonfag Just admit that you are gay for Jason. There's no shame in it.

prefer Damian over him, honestly he has a better background or at least a more worked story.

>Damian is more profitable than Jason and Tim.
Dick is more profitable than Jason and Tim.

Nobody likes Tim anymore. DC made sure of that. Tim's a whiny li'l cunt.

Are you serious? Cartoon threads are even worse.

Cassfag , Timfag or Jasonfag That's not saying much.>Cassfags or Batwomanfags Yeah, extremely shit tastes exist. ver since the New 52, Timfags and Cassfags have become the whiniest bitches in the entire DC fandom, even more than Stephfags or Jasonfags something back then I wouldn't even have thought possible. As long as their favorite character doesn't have their own solo and a central role in the other Batman books they complain endlessly and act like their character is being crucified.

You really need to get over this homo shit you're obsessed with.

Truer words could not have been said.

Everyone is gay but me, the dude talking all the time about how great and beautiful Dick is.

You keep calling me that...
You certainly have issues, user.

Jason Tood want to fuck little boys.

Damifag and their friend are flooding this thread. Let's die this whole thread, anons.

Why marvelfags don't read comics?

Still Pedophile.

>Let's
I mean. Leave this thread die.

Whatever makes you happy in your headplace.

It's simple. Their comics have been consistently terrible for so long now that they've become illiterate.

Lol . Jason
There are plenty of people who have been through trauma and aren’t exploiting children.
This is a DISGUSTING ..This is absurd and anyone who defends him is despicable.

You're samefagging your obsession and fooling no one. Seek help.

He is 10.
Really that's what's creepy about it for me.

I haven't read it. What was creepy about it?
it that Damian and Dick?

Guys let's be honest Dick and Damain is rule the market totally.

Don't you mean Rick Grayson?

As a teenager, Jason Todd discovered that he was attracted exclusively to boys ages 7-10. he took photos of Batmans son.

>Same for batgirl.
Babara is best girl.

Kek

Masked Red Robin, Y/N?

Attached: DC035_IKEMEN_BATMAN_13.jpg (1000x667, 254K)

That's the only constant in the Universe. Dick. We all love Dick.

Attached: 1899884-loves_dick.jpg (251x587, 42K)

>let me honor a friend who didn't bother to mention me once since we break up
Whoever thought it was a stupid idea and shoot it down deserves a raise.

Red Robin is best cowled, the outfit inspired by KC Robin.

As an aside, why the fuck do the DC animated films have such visible hatred for Dick Grayson? Every single one has gone out of their way to make him look worse than he was in the comic, and force all the losses other characters suffered onto him so they look better.

Attached: 1540952290101.jpg (497x492, 28K)

Jason is the friend you have while you're addicted to drugs and then once you get sober you never speak to him again

Kek, what a joke. Both of them are extremely irrelevant nowdays especially Dick.

The best Tim is nurse Tim.

I'm a Cassfag and I'm content. Nothing to complain about.

He has a qt alien gf and is emotionally fulfilled in the animated films and for that reason he has to suffer

Because they're boring nigs while Cass is a cute Asian.

I'm still salty we didn't get Damian in a coy pose.

Wait, I always just assumed Jason was supposed to be part Asian cause Shiva was one of the three women Batman thought could be his mom in Death in the Family? I mean, she wasn't, but Batman would have to be totally fucking retarded to think she could've been if Jason was totally white.

half-asians can look pretty white sometimes, user. Besides that storyline is basically retconned out of canon these days.

Shiva isn't entirely asian either.

Dick work fine as nightwing. The big brother that moved away from home.

Jason is the black sheep. And he should go all the way and become a villain so he can kill people for real.

Tim... Uhm. Dunno to be honest. The nerdy brother no one real are close to.

Damian, the interesting character who struggle with his dark experiences. Worked perfect in super sons.

I thought so, but then I'd have to turtleize the others. And who would Carrie be?

People who would like Jason as a villain are either fucking edgelords or batman fags. Jason as a villain is a one trick pony, and that trick has already been used for great effect. Didn't work a second time actually. He's way more interesting as an antihero who struggles in the line and has problems with the people who wants him to go full straight. It's a redemption story, people love those for a reason. And it's actually pretty easy to make him struggle with new stuff instead of the old same song of killing and dady issues. Because he's addaptative and has a fucking ton of different issues aside too.

Court of Owls retconned the Devin Grayson stuff. His dad is English and his mom is Romani now.

What would Batman do if Alfred killed the Joker during a home invasion?

When did you start reading comics? Did you start reading after the New 52?
I'm working a theory here. I've been reading regularly for ~18 years, and I still think of Red Hood as the Judd Winick Red Hood that debuted with a duffel bag full of severed heads slung over his shoulder. Anti-hero Red Hood, where Bruce just ignores Jason's fuckery because he has a solo series to maintain, makes Batman a massive hypocrite.

How can Damian be half chinese and part arab if his dad is full white?

Wasn't Stephanie Brown also Robin at some point?

The more "modern" stories about Dick as Robin are from the New Teen Titans Wolfman's run.

Anti-hero Red Hood who Batman still tries to take down is best Red Hood.

If we pretended to be realistic, fitting 4 Robins and 3 Batgirls into Bruce's Batman career seems like the most he could realistically juggle without adding a lot of extra bloat. I have no problem with Dick, Jason, Tim or Damien, and Barbara, Cass, and Stephanie all make good companions for Bruce too.

People like Batwoman, Batwing, Azrael, Clayface or Duke feel like real bloat to me. I can't imagine Bruce keeping close with or needing any of those people as close allies if he's already partnered with a Robin or Batgirl 90% of his time, and not to mention he already has the Justice League backing him whenever he needs them.