Harley Quinn: TAS

Are you going to watch it?

youtube.com/watch?v=LQtkLUwlPYM

Known details:
>It's about the emancipation of Harley Quinn
>Harley goes from romantic love to the love of a friend
>Producers don't discard the development of the Harley/Ivy pairing
>Poison Ivy's role on the show has been said to be as a secondary protagonist
>We'll see different side of DC characters, for example, we'll see if Bane has a Starbucks barista that he hates and what is he doing what he's not blowing shit up
>Harley is trying to win herself a spot on the Legion of Doom
>The show is more BATB style than BTAS
>Harley and Ivy friendship will develop throughout the show and may or may not involve betrayal at some point and see if they grow from there.
>Season 1 is all about Harley breaking up from the Joker and her life after that.
>The Harley/Ivy dynamic has been said to be like Cameron Fry and Ferris Bueller

Attached: D__oa2lXsAA5f9J.jpg:orig.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zEF9ummGm7I
youtu.be/pZi4zsBVGmo
ign.com/articles/2019/07/21/harley-quinn-series-premiere-pilot-review-comic-con-2019?sf105548834=1
tvinsider.com/794964/harley-quinn-dc-universe-season-1-preview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The Harley/Ivy dynamic has been said to be like Cameron Fry and Ferris Bueller
And of course, it needs to lead into Ferries and Cameron have hot steamy sex, because that's how that movie ended.

I'll give it a shot, but I'm fucking pissed they piqued my interest with classic Harley in the sneak-peak teaser only to have a fucking flossing nuHarley in the extended trailer. Dunno if they'll be able to recover my support.

>villains doing casual, not villain shit
i'll watch it and buy the merch.

No.

>street slut harly
>flossing
>hitting the Joker balls
nope

No.

Wow, its like the animation industry is purposefully trying to create more bigotry against dykes

Attached: 9F8935A7-1EF7-42EC-8D1E-B1D7D1C9EEC8.jpg (627x719, 78K)

So it's fucking nothing

DC don't have the balls.

According to this video they are being coy about the Harley/Ivy endgame

youtu.be/zEF9ummGm7I

I seriously doubt DC has the balls, especially when they want to promote their streaming service and Harley being their new cashcow. Sounds like empty grrrll power statements so most probably it'd be the girl equivalent to "bros before hoes". It's late capitalism, try to appeal to everyone

Attached: bros-before-hos.jpg (955x1489, 408K)

What channel is this on? Is this for their online service?

If they're being coy about it then that's all the proof they shouldn't do it.

More like the proof they won't do it

>DC villains show

YES

>Starring Harley

NO

They use the wrong Hailey so no

>harley was crazy enough to persue a genocidal maniac because she loved him
>then she recapacited and discovered she was a lesbian after all
>now she's a lesbian, good and was just confused
Who started to consider this instead of seeing it as fap bait?, how can a character degrade so badly?

I'll give it a watch but I feel I'm doing it more to see the Legion of Doom in their downtime than Harley herself

why is Harley/Ivy generally liked by comics fandom but any other gay stuff is so controversial and elicits the REEEEEEEEEing?

No she is a trash character

Maybe because it had the BTAS factor to them. Also they are cute together

>Are you going to watch it?
Yeah probably

I will, for obscure villain cameos, Clayface, Shark, Dr. Psycho and ZOOM

I won't watch it because it's comedy. I would have watched the hell out a Harley Quinn series if it had a serious, mature tone.

Attached: wow.jpg (248x251, 11K)

Fuck HarlIvy shippers, you are tyrning the alfa-seducer Ivy ibto some friendzoned begging cuckquean.

>girl dresses up as a jester to commit crime
>serious, mature tone
The absolute state of Western consumers

I think some people are actually REEEing over this. As for why Harley/Ivy is generally more accepted. I think it's because Harley and Ivy have had romantic undertones for decades now. So, if you didn't see the pairing coming at some point, you were being wilfully ignorant.

are you retarded?

Attached: 1387405101205.gif (245x219, 1.79M)

Even in the original show, Harley wasn't serious or mature. Serious and mature stuff happened around her. She just blundered through it.

Jesus Christ it looks shit. I'm just gonna read the orginal Harley Quinn comics.

Pairing Ivy with Harley only stagnates Pam’s character

I’m only mildly intrigued by the causal Legion of Doom shenanigans

How so?

>girl dresses up as a jester to commit crime
>serious, mature tone
Harley was interesting because she was a crazy non-serious oddball in the SRS BZNS Batman the Animated series.
It loses the point if she's in a DC Alt-Universe where everything is a wacky situational comedy and all of the heroes and villains are funny oddballs played for laughs.

Attached: 1386035469641.jpg (259x400, 52K)

She becomes the desperate friend-zoned beta orbiter trying to save and heal her love from an abusive relationship, losing all her edge as a confident and in control woman, as well as a seducer of men. Her whole world start to revolve around Harley Quinn.

>It loses the point
What if, now I'm just spitballing here, a lot of people feel that Batman:TAS said all that it wanted to say and that having a new point, within the batman universe, isn't actually a bad thing?

Harley Quinn is probably tied for the most important IP at DC (with the Joker), so any other character's sacrifice towards her story is "worth it".

Well Ivy is a complex villain. She’s a seductress, a killer, and an ecoterrorist, but in her mind she feels like she’s fighting for the greater good. Regulating her to Harley’s lesbian girlfriend somewhat robs her of her power over men, and detracts her from her save the planet goal. What, is she “all humans are shit except Harley I guess”? She becomes less of an independent super villain and more a straight man to Harley’s wacky comedy routine

Ivy still does her own thing. Harley's left to her own devices alot and Ivy's been known to clone herself. So, her whole world doesn't revolve around Harley.
While we're on the subject. I think it actually helps her character and Batman's. Batman has a strict no-kill policy and he supports Arkham Asylum. Because he believes that his villains can get better. If the genocidal maniac that wants to kill all human life has a soft spot for one person, it offers a hint that Batman is right. Which is sorely needed in a universe where Batman should really just kill the joker already.

>and that having a new point, within the batman universe, isn't actually a bad thing?
Lets not pretend that this plays out in the "Batman Universe". This plays out in the Harley Quinn universe, where Batman is at most a supporting character.

user Ivy hasn’t been her own thing for years because of this shipping autism. Ivy cannot do ANYTHING now without Harley being present

After a few years you can't call it "forced" anymore.

I'll watch the pilot at least

Attached: 1b0bf998699a22c690270d66f788e15d4bd8c3d58a89386b982443c3a250f8f4.jpg (400x296, 27K)

That's the fault of capitalism. Not the fault of Ivy/Harley. On it's own, the pairing is fine. Over-saturation is something that happens to anything that sells well.

I don't really get what Ivy's deal is so I'm interested to see their take on it.

Attached: snip.png (325x481, 378K)

Who should be the star of such a show?

That does not look like pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_20190722-203440.png (2246x1080, 1.28M)

Her deal is that she's right and nobody listens to her.

>While we're on the subject. I think it actually helps her character and Batman's. Batman has a strict no-kill policy and he supports Arkham Asylum. Because he believes that his villains can get better. If the genocidal maniac that wants to kill all human life has a soft spot for one person, it offers a hint that Batman is right. Which is sorely needed in a universe where Batman should really just kill the joker already.
Poison Ivy's soft spot used to be Batman.

Thanks, you explained my exact opinion much better than I could have without taking way too much time to word it precisely.

Attached: 1504275001844.jpg (540x539, 69K)

Idiots like you are why they kept making Star Wars after Return of the Jedi. Not everything works as a fucking "universe"

making Harley lesbian was worst decision ever..

They kept making Star Wars, after Return of the Jedi, because it made lots of money and idiots like you kept getting outraged. No publicity is bad publicity.

This is why no one takes you shipping faggots seriously, you’re insane

>They kept making Star Wars, after Return of the Jedi, because it made lots of money-Full Stop.

Insanity is the state of being maladaptive. So, please explain to me how my statement came off as being from a maladaptive individual or I'll just have to assume that calling people insane is your go-to for when you disagree with someone and yet find yourself unable to argue with them.

>The show is more BATB style than BTAS
What does that mean?

Talk about bait and switch, they had classic cute Harley in the teaser just for new whorish Harley for the actual show, was the play of words on her name lost to the creators?.

Does weed killer hurt Poison Ivy?

>not classic harley
>punk whore harley instead
>flossing
>hitting joker in the balls
>no accent
No fucking thank you.

You willingly ignored comments stating why the pairing holds back Ivy’s character and made a weird offhand deflection towards capitalism. Just admit you find it cute and don’t care about charactization

I'm really beginning to like Harley just for the fact how she became such a meme and hijacked the movie she wasn't even a protagonist of

why is DC still trying to make Harley their Deadpool

Attached: sigh.png (329x298, 174K)

Hey, is that Dr. Psycho there? If yes then consider me interested.

Sounds kinda neet. Might use a free trial for it, though.

>What does this mean?
it's going to be more in the style of the brave and the bold rather than batman the animated series

If I was wilfully ignoring comments, I would just say that Ivy-Harley hate is a kneejerk reaction and be done with it. Honestly, you're the only one ignoring comments. Because you haven't yet explained how I'm apparently insane. Only how you disagree with me. So, I guess that I will have to assume that calling people insane is your go-to for when you disagree with someone and yet find yourself unable to argue with them.
As for this post. It's not my problem if you're an idiot who can't understand basic market theory. Over-saturation of the market isn't the fault of the product itself, it's the fault of the people who push the product to maximise profits. Only an idiot, such as yourself, would present this and think it as legitimate reason for why the Harley/Ivy dynamic should be done away in it's entirety. As opposed to being cut down. Though I suspect it's a bad faith argument from someone who's only argument is pure knee-jerk.

Why is Harley a whore?

>Harley x Ivy
I'm in

No, this is what you ignored

>>Season 1 is all about Harley breaking up from the Joker and her life after that.
At this point Harley doing antics with Joker would actually feel new and original.

Attached: 1529008264179.jpg (474x441, 40K)

Really? Are you just salty that I didn't respond to you personally; because I was responding to someone else? I didn't even see that post, you brain-donor.

You can’t even say they’re trying anymore because it worked out.

They have to get Paul Dini to write some episodes

This. It won't happen. But I still agree with the sentiment.

I think it’ll happen, he tends to be a guest writer on a lot of different DC projects.

Bump

>Bane has a Starbucks barista that he hates

wew

Hasn't she been pretty popular since The Suicide Squad movie?

Maybe she switches looks when she gets out of prison.

don't really care about it but harleyfags really rival TTfags in their faggotry.

BTAS was like 20-24 years ago let it go and move on.

>Secret Six (Gail doesn’t have any creative influence)
>Onomatopoeia
>The Rogues
>The Body Doubles
>The Aryan Brigade
>The Fearsome Five
Heck, a comedic take on The Legion of Doom would be much preferable than Harley doing dyke bullshit.

How about this: If you faggots don’t like something, don’t support it? I stopped buying razors from Gillette after they started shit talking their main demographic, and I have found a bunch of better alternatives.

They literally can't it's all they have

>jason alexander's in it

please god let this be good

Attached: george.png (297x294, 149K)

Not really I mean her costume was popular for Halloween because it was both cheap and slutty but the character isn't any more popular than she was before the movie

A fact DC will find out the hard way in February

She's voiced by the main actress in The Big Bang Theory, so her VA could draw in the audience.

I would love a slice of life comedy with the Legion of Doom

I'm confused, do you guys want Harley and Ivy to bang or what? It sounds like you want them to fuck each other but you're saying DC won't do it? Like I just watched the most hamfisted lesbian pairing on young justice, so im very confused on why they wouldnt do this too.

Wow. This looks fucking awful.

It's a villain version of Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

No it's not
Please dont try to ruin BBatB by comparing it to this

They would still have to buy a DC Universe subscription and that's not likely to happen

And the cartoon comes out in like October THIS is February

Attached: D_905xoU4AELmw2.jpg (1324x2048, 343K)

>Harley punching aqua man in the throat
Day one watch

I don't like Harley/Ivy but I hate this wishy-washy strategy of "lel we might do it but maybe not, most probably not, but watch it anyway for some innuendos". Even worse with the internet making a big deal of it, with the alt-righters screeching MUH DEGENERACY and the tumblrinas screeching MUH REPRESENTATION. It's really fucking nothing

youtu.be/pZi4zsBVGmo

they're trying to have their cake and eat it to

Do you think they’ll call any of the villains alt right? That would be awesome.

CRINGE

>alt righters
LMAO you are a retard.

How meta. They know people will bitch about the show but they're doing it anyway.

Harley was only ever good in Batman the Animated Series.

That is He-Man levels of recycled animation. Holy shit.

>american "adult" cartoon
>profanity for the sake of profanity
>LOL VIOLENCE
>everyone is obnoxious and loud

But if Dini gets involved, it might be good, so they simply won't hire him

is it me? or DC is trying too hard make her deadpool?

She was good in Assault on Arkham and Arkham Asylum. Really, Tara Strong tends to be the person who jinxes her.

This is all mentioned in the fourth wall breaking trailer. The show is basically a parody.

God, why won't the Ivy/Harley meme die?

>Ivy still does her own thing
No she doesn't.

>If the genocidal maniac that wants to kill all human life has a soft spot for one person, it offers a hint that Batman is right
Yes, and that soft spot used to be for Batman himself. That was their dynamic.

She was the misanthropic femme fatal and he was the good natured detective who proved her wrong.

I want them to bang but I don't want any domestic lesbian bullshit. If they're gonna fuck then they should also be raising hell and not catching any feelings.

Attached: 33fab310-9651-4708-bfb0-6117347002d7.jpg (1024x566, 71K)

I was never a fan of HarleyxIvy
I don't have anything against lesbians but both of these characters make a lot more sense being straight.
Harley's entire characrer is about her being insane for loving the Joker. Ivy is probably bi since she's so fucking sexual.

Pretty much this.
Comedy needs a straight man and if everyone is a retard it stops working as well.
This was a fucking lie and I hate it.
It isn't really in the Brave and the Bold style though. Like at all.

I'm so tired of that shitty costume

Harley's character changes a lot depending on the media. Batman Beyond had her as a grandmother who was angry that her granddaughters became criminals. And even BTAS had her ruin the Joker's plans because she thought they'd hurt some of her friends.Or there was that rich girl she carjacked and she was going to just let the girl go, because she didn't want to hurt the innocent girl for no reason. Depending on who writers Harley, she's sometime very sympathetic.

Hey Harley and Ivy shipfag here, I’ll watch it just for the relationship honestly. I feel that the cartoon will try to be funny way too hard. I’m not buying dc universe just for that however kek.

I just hope it has a good sountrack.

I don't want to see Harley Quinn flossing like some zoomer

Attached: Zoomer flossing.gif (498x364, 157K)

This feels New52, so yes I'm going to watch it. Might be funny.

>This feels New52, so yes I'm going to watch it.
I feel saddened that people like you exist.

cope.

>/co complaints about campy superheroes cartoons

>/co complaints about edgy superheroes cartoons

what you retards like anyway?

>the Yea Forums is one person meme
Here ya go.

Anything that isn’t popular

Yeah.

>Ivy still does her own thing
For the last few years she did not pursue relations with men or women (for manipulation or pleasure) holding out for Harley, who had multiple boyfriends.
Instead of Ivy, a powerful superbeing that is amused by Harleen and humors her eccentrucs, we get lesbian crush Pam, who lets Harkey do whatever antics she wants, without regard for her own dignity.

Okay so you want them to bang but not actually like each other beyond just a sexual way. No feelings what so ever?

It's on Adult Swim in Canada according to google

They can be friends but not lovers.

>more in the style of the brave and the bold
So we get Harley/Rainbow Rider crossover?

Ivy's always let Harley do whatever she wanted and she's never been amused by Harley.

So why not lovers?

Because lesbians are icky

And sticky

remember they fucking lied to us about Arkham knight is a whole new character?

yea it's just like this. i fucking wanted the cute jester Harley, but they have to give us the gawd awful suicide squad harley

Attached: download (9).png (750x450, 150K)

i thought Lobo was the dc's deadpool?

Lesbians have never been icky. Unless you mean butch lesbians that just try to make themselves look more manly. I'll never understand why people do that to themselves, it doesn't look good even to other lesbians.

This show feels like it was made for Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. And I like that even if it's not what alot of people expected.

Because making them lovers ruins the relationship and leaves Ivy without a personality. Ivy will immediately lose all her toxicity and be Harley's perfect little GF whose only job is to be a damsel in distress.

>>no accent
Already I'm pretty use to this one. Also it not being Tara Strong again.
Only thing that kinda irks me is Ivy wearing that Ben 10 jacket.

she could be wearing different outfits depending on the episode

That's literally how people who saw the pilot describe the show.

I said it when the teaser dropped and I'll say it again. Big Bang Theory's voice is a terrible fit for Harley. Margot did a far better job in that shitty Suicide Squad movie.
>It's a villain version of Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
Nigger it isn't even close. If it was I would actually watch it. Actually now I am mad because now I want a silver age villain team up show.

>DC Universe may not come close to rivaling Netflix or Amazon Prime Video in terms of the sheer amount of exclusive content, but there is quite a lot to be said for the "quality over quantity" approach. So far DCU's selection ranges from solid (Titans) to excellent (Young Justice: Outsiders) to literally one of the best shows of 2019 (Doom Patrol). Harley Quinn keeps the hot streak going. It's a far more slapstick and raunchy alternative to the rest of DC's animated line, but one that also gets Harley in a way not every adaptation does.

>As if the constant stream of F-bombs and gratuitous violence doesn't make it apparent, Harley Quinn isn't connected to Batman: The Animated Series or any other DC animated project. Instead, the series sees Kaley Cuoco take over the role made famous by Arleen Sorkin and Tara Strong, as she explores Harley's long, uphill battle to break free of "Mistah J" and establish herself as a solo player on the supervillain scene.

>The series shows a bizarre hodgepodge of influences. It's probably most directly comparable to the New 52 Harley Quinn comic from writers Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner. The art style certainly evokes Conner's comic covers, and there's a similar emphasis on trying to move Harley outside of Joker's shadow. But there's also a whiff of Batman: The Brave and the Bold to the show, and not just because Diedrich Bader reprises the role of Batman. Harley Quinn has a similarly whimsical sense of humor, lovably spoofing DC characters both major and minor. Even the colorful art style is as much Silver Age Bat-camp as it is BTAS-inspired Dark Deco.

>At some point, the question becomes whether the R-rated humor and violence actually adds anything substantive to the series. The novelty of seeing Harley and Joker (Alan Tudyk) curse with reckless abandon and brutally dismember their enemies quickly wears off. The pilot is funny, but often in spite of the steady stream of F-bombs rather than because of it. Just because DC Universe has fewer content restrictions doesn't mean the envelope necessarily needs pushing.

>Fortunately, the series gets enough right in both its humor and its portrayal of Harley that this becomes only a minor concern. Lighthearted as the tone is, there's still a clear focus on Harley as a survivor of abuse slowly rediscovering her independence. Echoes of her pre-Joker self shine through, a voice of reason trying to impose some semblance of order on a deranged mind. Harley is still depicted as a villain rather than the anti-hero she's essentially become in the comics, but a sympathetic one nonetheless. And it helps that she reserves her lethal antics for the worst citizens of Gotham.

>Even better, the pilot makes it clear how much the friendship between Harley and Poison Ivy (Lake Bell) will be a driving force in the show. This is almost Ivy's show as much as Harley's, with Ivy trying to break through Harley's rose-tinted glasses and make her see how much a Joker-free life has to offer. Their relationship is easily the most endearing part of the show, and that evolving relationship looks to be just as important to the bigger picture as Harley's quest for professional respect.

>For many Harley fans, the most pressing question is whether Cuoco makes for a worthy Harley. That's one area where the series may need a little more time to prove itself. Cuoco certainly brings plenty of energy and enthusiasm to the role. But it's difficult not to judge all newcomers against the gold standard that was Sorkin and Strong. Moreover, a Harley Quinn without a Jersey accent is always going to sound odd. There may just need to be an adjustment period over the course of a few episodes.

>Weirdly, Cuoco's Harley is accent-free for 95% of the episode, but every so often she'll abruptly lapse into classic Harley mode for a line or two. That only serves to unnecessarily draw attention just how different this Harley voice is from most that have come before. It's a strong performance, but is it a strong Harley Quinn performance?

>Fortunately, the rest of the voice cast don't face that problem. Bell's sardonic Poison Ivy is a fun foil to Harley and various other villains. The pilot makes sparing but effective use of Bader's Batman, a hilariously deadpan figure who only shows up when the plot demands. And coming off a terrific stint as Mr. Nobody in Doom Patrol, Tudyk has little trouble bringing Joker to life. Tudyk's performance has the same manic, evil energy, just with a hint of Mark Hamill and Cesar Romero's Jokers thrown in for good measure.

ign.com/articles/2019/07/21/harley-quinn-series-premiere-pilot-review-comic-con-2019?sf105548834=1

>Are you going to watch it?

Absolutely not. Everything I've seen or heard about it screams "hot garbage" to me.

>flossing
>"OUCH MY JOKER BALLS"
Cringe

Why the actual flying fuck everyone (mostly DC) seems so obsessed with "the emancipation of Harley Quinn"? How the fuck did this dipshit of a character became so relevant that they need to desperately step her out of the Joker's shadow? Are people so braindead that they need to transform a criminal psychopat turned crazy by the Joker into a feminist symbol? What does Harley has going for her beyond being "cuhrayzeeee" to even deserve this attention to begin with?
So many questions, so little answers.

>Harley knocking Aquaman down
>Harley, a normal fucking girl, with her bare hands, knocking down an individual with super strenght
Ok, I'm out.

Yeah, I really liked the teaser and feel a little let down that it didn't actually reflect the final look.

Why don't any of these yass kween Harley stories want to actually follow the story of her breaking away from Joker instead of just front loading it?
> It's probably most directly comparable to the New 52 Harley Quinn comic
What a horrifying phrase to read in a positive review.
>but every so often she'll abruptly lapse into classic Harley mode for a line or two.
I want to throw something at my TV just imagining it.

I wonder what kind of people enjoy solely Joker, Harley and Batman comics and related media

Misogynist scum. KYS. Harley is stronger than any woman objectifying man like Aquadouche

When does it premier?

Normies, man. It's like talking to the most brain-dead fanboy you can imagine.

Didn't she get some crazy powers at some point in new 52?

Sorry that the crazy clown gf isn't a goth one. I know Harley has a bunch of serious crap happen to her, but most of the time she's in it for fun and be continually denied Joker's rubber hose

Most popular characters get a power up now and then so probably. She's already written to be more agile in base than the likes of Batman and Superman

For those worried about the jester look shown on the teaser can redt easily now

Attached: IMG_20190722_235611.jpg (720x927, 109K)

Lex looks more black than ever in this... I know he's greek in TAS but this show he clearly has black facial features.

These people are cancer.
>Bruce Tim... didn't hate it...
Yeah he did, but nothing he could do to stop it.

Yay. Five minutes of the good costume and an entire series of the juggalo prostitute costume.

Why does Ivy have to act like a cunt to the girl she's banging? She can still be a cunt to everyone else. Being in a relationship doesnt mean the rest of the world no longer exists. Or are you thinking the whole show should just be the two of them inside a house fuggin'?

Yeah I'll watch it. I'll very likely get DC Universe so that I can watch it too.

I wish it did

get it for the comics and the good cartoons not this shit

Nah, it's Ambush Bug

>Get ready to meet a brand-new Harley Quinn, puddin'!

>Former psychiatrist Harleen Quinzel, who was driven insane by the Joker and then became his long-suffering girlfriend and assistant, has grown tired of always being stuck in his shadow, so she's breaking loose — into her own animated DCU series.

>The Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco voices the title role, with Bless This Mess's Lake Bell as her best pal Poison Ivy and Doom Patrol's Alan Tudyk as the Joker.

>"There have been several iterations of Harley over the years, obviously," says executive producer Patrick Schumacker. "We wanted to go back to her criminal roots and tell the story of her breaking up with the Joker and striking out on her own to become the criminal kingpin of Gotham City."

>That's a tall order in a town so out of control that even its legendary police commissioner, James Gordon (Christopher Meloni), has PTSD. ("Imagine you are the police commissioner of the most dangerous city in the world, and every day of your life seems like living the movie Seven over and over again," Schumacker says. "He is dark, to the point where Batman's like, 'Whoa, settle down, man. You're making me sad.'")

Attached: 19-WBSIP-1260-1014x570.jpg (1014x570, 72K)

>But if you're Harley Quinn, you have a different take on Gotham: "Harley, being relentlessly optimistic, sees the fun in the city," Schumacker explains. "The color palette is vibrant, with retro neon, purples and pinks. It's still Gotham, but it's a more fun, carnivalesque version."

>As she goes about trying to build her criminal clout in Batman's hometown, Harley will put together her own outlaw gang, including new character Sy Borgman, an octogenarian cyborg voiced by Jason Alexander. "Half his body parts are robotic, but they're from the '80s," Schumacker says, "so he's kind of an analog robot man."

>Familiar DC Comics baddies are also on board, like Clayface (Tudyk), Doctor Psycho (Tony Hale) and King Shark (Ron Funches). Good news for Harley: turns out Shark is a tech whiz! "He's the Chloe of 24 of the group," jokes Schumacker.

>All this brings Harley to the attention of the Legion of Doom and — surprise, surprise — the Joker. "The Joker is her Achilles' heel," Schumacker says. "In the last couple of episodes, Ivy and Harley go head-to-head against him once and for all, which has some real, seemingly lasting ramifications."

Attached: 19-WBSIP-1259-1014x570.jpg (1014x570, 63K)

>On top of the action, look for straight-up comedy from this zany storyline, which plays out over a 13-episode first season. Comedian Wanda Sykes is the evil Queen of Fables and J.B. Smoove is Ivy's chill, wise-cracking houseplant. And when Clayface's arm gets cut off during a botched heist, it develops a life of its own (listen for SpongeBob SquarePants himself, Tom Kenny, voicing that role).

>Still, this is Harley Quinn's show, and its tale is one of her personal growth as she learns to survive on her own. "We pitched this character as Mary Tyler Moore if she were a supervillain," Schumacker says. "She's this optimistic, can-do, fresh-faced girl from the big city, and Kaley brings that relentless optimism to it. Harley has big dreams that, though they are firmly entrenched in supervillainy, are simple enough that you get behind them. People are going to be rooting for her."

>She might just make it after all. And heads are gonna roll if she doesn't.

tvinsider.com/794964/harley-quinn-dc-universe-season-1-preview/

Attached: 19-WBSIP-1257-1014x570.jpg (1014x570, 77K)

Attached: 19-WBSIP-1258-1014x570.jpg (1014x570, 92K)

Bisexuals exist user. As much as I agree that modern Harley's characterization is ass they've never turned her into a lesbian, or implied that she didn't genuinely love the Joker when she was with him.

>Mary Tyler Moore if she were a supervillain
I'll be honest, if that actually turns out to be accurate description then I'll definitely watch it. I'm 100% down for watching evil Mary Tyler Moore and green Daria try to form their own crime gang.

>Why does Ivy have to act like a cunt to the girl she's banging?
Why does she have to act like a lovesick puppy? She's a violent sociopath.