Celestial concept art from "Eternals"

If you had told me we'd be seeing Celestials in a blockbuster movie about the Eternals a decade or so ago, I probably would've laughed on your face. I'm honestly hyped over this.

Attached: celestials-eternals-sdcc-1200.jpg (1200x582, 479K)

I don't care for how lanky Arishem is there
They need to be chonky guys

yaaay bayformers

Yeah, something closer to the design from GOTG, which was pretty much comic accurate aside from the height. More "robotic" at least, though not too much so it looks like a suit and not this .

Attached: shot1277.png (1280x534, 754K)

Attached: Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg (1000x1384, 1.6M)

TAKUAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THIS

You guys are silly as hell.

Attached: arishem_eternals-02.png (1375x977, 1.88M)

They didn't even appear in the lego movies, keep dreaming.

SHUT UP
IT HURTS SO BAD

Attached: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (680x575, 218K)

We saw Eson in the first Guardians movie you dingus

They're going to judge the MCU in real time 50 years and I'm so hype

Yeah and Thanos had gone through like five different looks before Infinity War
They could very well look significantly different

this was ideal

I prefer bulky Eternals

Reminder this was Guardians concept art

Attached: BEED20AB-E369-4B8F-AA65-8A78110C0E91.jpg (2500x1089, 373K)

Yeah, and this was Captain Marvel's (though it could still happen in the sequel). The fact they're actually working on the Celestials first is pretty encouraging.
And yes I know (I'm OP), I posted this too , but if you remember they didn't even mention it was a Celestial. This is gonna be the first time they'll give each a name and feature them prominently.

Attached: captain-marvel_conceptart_sentries.jpg (1280x640, 169K)

Are you sure they didn't mention Celestials in GotG? I could have sworn they at least said it once, which led to the moment near the end where they allude to Starlord's dad being "something else"

"Inside the head of a dead celestial" (in reference to Knowhere)I believe. Also Ego calls himself one

They mentioned that Knowhere was the skull of a dead Celestial. Non-brainlets could put two and two together based on appearances.

I know Ego calls himself one, but that was GotG2. But yeah, when they go to Knowhere and mention it being a dead Celestial, I thought that was around the time Eson was shown.
I mean, I was a casual at the time, and I still got the impression that Eson was a Celestial.

>Are you sure they didn't mention Celestials in GotG?
You literally see them.

They do mention this, but they don't say anything about Peter being a Celestial, just the "something else".

Attached: shot1367.png (1280x534, 857K)

Yes they did, in the first one

the celestials and the eterals are just shitty concepts better done in the newgods

Never read new gods is there a celestial equivalent?

There are no Celestial equivalents in the New Gods. Kirby actually wrote Eternals AFTER them, so twice wrong.
You only see one Celestial, and it's unnamed (even though you know it's Eson).

>a decade or so ago
Do you realize how stupid that statement sounds? It's been 10 years, user. 10 years of the same "I RECOGNIZE THAT THING" from pretty much every MCU flick twice a year, for almost a dozen consecutive years. Why are you still treating this like a special occasion? Why are you so easy to manipulate?

The same question extends to the rest of you Disney brainlets.

The only thing the New Gods have over them is better writers.

Ego being a Celestial in the MCU is such lazy garbage. Peters capabilities (withstanding the power stone) could have easily been explained away, as he's the spawn of a Living Planet. But no. Gotta throw Celestials around willy-nilly.

Can’t they just play them straight up as untouchable space gods who bare an infinity stone are out of the main character league?

Yeah, nothing lazy about "a scientist merged with a planet during a super nova"

and yet New Gods is about to get a massive flop movie and Eternals is about to become house hold names

Are we going to see the Serpent Men? Isn't that what leads to Set beating the shit out of Tiamat?

Killed by the Celestials enemy, Father Set?

Maybe that's how they'll tie it in the MCU? In the comics it's still a mystery.

I though celestials were planets in mcu

No, that's just Ego for some reason. You could argue Ego was a Celestial that got stranded and lots its identity, turning into a single brain that grafted matter to itself and turned into a planet, then sought ways to reproduce since the other Celestials were gone.