At what point is diversity forced and unnatural?

At what point is diversity forced and unnatural?
For example pic related has mutants of all skin colors and nationalities, all in the name of making X-Men as diverse as possible yet no one really cared about it

Attached: 14146.jpg (1280x720, 301K)

The internet has ruined everything. Gives every retard a platform to complain.

Diversity feels forced when they explicitly change a popular characters race in order to capitalize on the name without adding anything new

This. Nothing wrong with diversity, it's only "forced" when they replace existing characters. It should be both not one or the other. Additive not subtractive.

When it´s a tiny and local group of characters and you add nonsensical ethnicities in the group

When its pandering
Marvel wasn't putting Kenyan-Americans, Russians and Native Americans in their comic to appeal to any demographics.

When they act like they've created such a unique and compelling character but all they did was make an annoying middle-class American teen.

when i was a kid it was fine but now it's bad. that's just how it is

When the appearance of diversity outweighs any actual potential the character has.

See: Miles Morales.

Just wait till it's a neural link. Soon we'll just know the retards thoughts every moment.

>At what point is diversity forced and unnatural?
When unpopular characters are propped up constantly. See: Captain Marvel. No one likes Carol, she's a shitty character and her entire history is a mess. Yet she gets shoved in our faces non-stop. Theres plenty of GOOD female characters in Marvel, why in the fuck do they have to push this cunt?

Another good example is the Eternals. Not really a diversity push, but still a great example of "No one likes you, fuck off already" that was trying to replace X-Men for the longest time.

The trick to making different minorities work in X-Men was to force stranger fetishes on top of them. So people were simultaneously distracted from race, while also aroused by it.

Basically we need more sexualization of minorities. It's the only way.

So Storm should have a Bleached fetish?

t. someone who started reading comics around Civil War

No, stop making stupid posts.

That was forced as fuck so clearly that's not the decisive factor. The factor is "it's not like it was when I was a kid".

When it happens before you started reading comics.

The new X-Men were created specifically to be diverse.

>Another good example is the Eternals.
But a better one would be the Inhumans.

>implying she doesn't already

Attached: wolverine storm.jpg (600x905, 115K)

No, Native American fetish
She was made to serve the red man.

Pretty much every single hero exists alongside their legacy because capefags can't let go, so clearly that's not it either.

Fuck off Redcorn

There is nothing wrong with having a diverse cast. I have no issues if they introduce her a hispanic hero, just don't change an establish character to be hispanic. I'd be mad if they made Storm a white woman, because that's not what she is.

>When it happens before you started reading comics.
But I started around uncanny x-men 100?
You are right tho.

...Fuck, thats what I meant. Sorry, thats what I get for browsing too many threads at once.

Carol has never been a very admirable character, user. Also, Civil War was 13 years ago. That's quite a lot of time.

Is there a single example of that except Wally West?

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure most people like the new miss marvel waifu kamala.
Making bobby gay or changing the race of characters in the MCU is pure bullshit tough.

all that truly matters is intent
any other complaints of "pandering" can be reduced to "i dont like this"

>For example pic related has mutants of all skin colors and nationalities
And yet 8 (or 9 depending on how you parse Storm) out of the 13 are from North America, and 10 of the 13 are White

I have no problem with diversity about comics. What I have a problem is when the characters only defining trait is their skin color or sexuality and that is all it becomes about. These writers don't realise that it's black face all over and racist has fuck. If they want a black, or a gay character to be accepted, then write character defining arcs that develop the character, make us care about them. Don't write a story about them replacing a character and how they are so much better just because of the colour of their skin and sexual preference. Its racist as...well, a racist.

Forge I swear to fuck, you are form without substance now piss off.

Are you actually counting kurt as white FFS?
And it's an AMERICAN SUPER HERO TEAM. This is like complaining about how almost everyone in alpha flight is Canadian

This.

No, it actually doesn't exist. Everything in a narrative is "forced", so claiming diversity is or isn't is just idiocy. People complaining about femThor? Made sense at first, it was a "mystery" character before the reveal, people get upset when they don't feel a character "earned" a role. People getting upset with Sam becoming Cap, even though that's a more natural passing of the mantle than any other character out there? Those people are just pissed about diversity in general, nothing forced about it.

"Forced diversity" is a meaningless, vague buzzword, used by outrage junkies to whine like bitches when they aren't smart enough to actually evaluate something as simple as a comic book story.

>blackbois still seething
Logan definitely has Cree blood in him too, just so we're clear.

So you are saying making bobby gay and the new queer character done by the same author WHO SAID HE WAS DOING IT IN ORDER TO PUSH LGBT INTO COMICS ins not forced diversity?
You are blind man.

No he's saying everything is forced. He literally said that. Learn to read.

Fpbp

They very literally were. That's what Giant Size X-Men is. Are you retarded?

When there is nothing to explore other than "LOOK! LESBIAN BLACK MUSLIM!"
Before those choices were made with CHARACTER ion mind and stories to tell with those characters.

These days, the character's gender/ethnicity/sexuality is the sole focus. There are no stories to tell other than "isnt it cool that we exist and do things sometimes!?"

If everything is forced nothing is. Learn to understand what you are reading.
He is arguing that making a character have any characteristic is "forcing it". which is just a pedantic argument at best Since the problem was and is not diverse characters existing but the focus on creating diverse characters instead of good ones.the

Making your own characters rather than changing established ones.
Imagine instead of creating Storm, Rouge, Colossus, etc. they just blackwashed and genderbent the original 5 X-Men instead. That's what people are complaining about, not womyn and niggers existing.

Attached: 1447198195431.jpg (420x599, 71K)

No, but it seems like you are

One of my earliest pee-pee tingles came from a Marc Silvestri issue of X-Men in which Storm in in her nighty talking to Logan.
I've always loved that pairing and which it got more time

Changing existing characters to something else.
Making a character's identity off of the race or sexuality only.

I mean replacing characters. That's only ever temporary.

I stopped reading at the first sentence because of how retarded it is. I know it sounds cute but that's not how logic works.

Except there's literally only one instance of that ever happening in comics.

>I'm too dumb to read anything and I can't understand thoughts that diverge from my own.
I bet you really like Gotcha moment and "destroyed by logic and facts" compilations on YouTube.

If X-Men came out today people here would complain about it being forced diversity. The only reason they don't know is because they watched the x-men cartoon as a kid and also because storm is fucking hot as hell.

No, I just recognize someone trying to sound smarter than they are with readymade fallacies.

You say that yet you have not actual proof of it. I can totally say the x-men would be accused of racism today and I have actual evidence, but that would be just speculation on my part.
You are just typing talking points without substance.

Yeah mate. Because trying to equate propaganda with character traits is totally honest as is writing off arguments without even reading them.
If you are just trolling try better please, because this is bad bait.

He's right though. Whining about the authenticity of capeshit narrative is preposterous on its face.

The point is not their "authenticity" but the fact that writing characters for ideological reasons maker shitty characters compared to writing with them being engaging and good instead.

Diversity then
>We should all treat each other well

Diversity now
>Kill all cishet neurotypical white males

Because the diversity was about one of each color but one that was each from a different geological location. The diversity included a Canadian, a Russian and an Irishman who were all straight white men and technically Kurt was too even if he appeared blue. Compare that to modern diversity that is all about black and brown and maybe one token white guy who is probably also the token gay. Also the comics were really good.

modern diversity is racewar bait designed to make people feel like they're fighting a good fight by buying products. giant sized x men team was made because they wanted a diverse cast of characters with different backgrounds and histories coming together. the most standout is colossus in terms of history, since he's a soviet and this was 1975. some people call him boring but that was huge in and of itself

/thread

This issue was a great example of diversity done right. Most of the team couldn't stand each other from the jump. If they did the same thing today they'd just race swap the original team so that Jean Grey was a black lesbian, Scott and Alex would be illegal Mexicans, and Lorna would be a tranny. Iceman would still be white, but gay. Hank would be Asian. Warren would the only straight white guy, but all stories involving him would be learning lessons about how special and important the others are.

There's several in comics and pretty much the entirety of comic adaptations to live action have it.

If Giant Size was written today they'd throw the diversity in your face, have Storm rant about being a STRONK AFRICAN QUEEN and such, John Proudstar would be Jen Proudstar and basically a none tongue-in-cheek version of Sarah Rainmaker, etc.

They were all new characters.
None of them were obnoxious.
None of them were Mary Sues.
All of them were interesting and had unique backstories and personalities.

Almost none of those things apply to recent forced diversity characters.

Attached: thecure.png (676x423, 531K)