Aang vs Ed

g1dbteamblogs.blogspot.com/2019/07/death-battle-predictions-aang-vs-edward.html?m=1

They picked Ed to win. So if Aang wins it’s just to spite Vic.

>Ed’s Alchemy is far more precise and has more utility than Aang’s bending. The four Aang controls are only the basic elements of Alchemy. Ed could go on an even more micro scale and potentially nullify a majority of what Aang could throw at him. As said, he has the speed to do this.

>So what this boils down to. I think Ed killing Aang before he goes into the Avatar State is much more viable than Aang killing Ed in the form, Ed’s Alchemy can counter most if not all of Aang’s elemental attacks, and even in the Avatar State, Aang could still be susceptible. Making me think Edward has enough advantages to pull through in this fight. I think Edward will use Equivalent Exchange one more time, Aang’s life for victory.

Attached: 4223FC11-CA54-41E0-94C6-72AEAFAA649C.png (800x450, 729K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vDbu1vnCFHo
youtu.be/iZDnAAPn6ds
youtu.be/UXbskDZKD7o
youtube.com/watch?v=TAzxwoG4138
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Screwattack picking the weeb candidate because weebs think their weeb heroes are untouchable.

ScrewAttack hates anime and Vic so aang is winning

I didn't think anything could we worse than the SDCC shitposting but here you are proving me wrong

did it leak yet?

They barely went with Ed and all verdicts that side with him still say Aang could win
They only sided with Ed under the notion he could one shot Aang before the Avatar State kicks in
Something one of the actual researchers disagrees with in the comments (Hero's Shade)

They also forgot Aang can fucking fly

Tomorrow
Song is out
Elements of Alchemy by Therewolf

Ed stomps base Aang and can still counter most of Avatar state attacks while getting in for a kill shot. Avatar state is a glass cannon

Ed has the advantage in base but Aang is specifically agile enough to not die before opting to use the Avatar State, which immediately dwarfs Ed in power. This is how the fight will go if Death Battle has any sense for these characters.

Attached: MY_FACE.png (1004x765, 503K)

youtu.be/vDbu1vnCFHo

Song

>Song ends with a riff from Avatar
>No sudden dramatic change at all
GEEZ I WONDER WHO'S GONNA WIN

That don't mean anything for this show, characters have died while their theme music was blaring

The difference is that SDCC will end very shortly
This shit never ends

This

But Aang still gonna win because that’s the brainlet conclusion with no creativity or insight behind it

Such as?

>Doesn’t talk about flying
>Assumes Ed can blitz because lol he fought a guy that blocked slow moving “lightning”

Step it up blog. This is why Swan got promoted and you guys got left behind.

>Thinking picking Aang is brainlet
Ed struggled against Roy. This is a flying Roy that can also spam earthquakes and tsunamis.

Ed’s dead baby.

I remember Mewtwo stabbed Shadow to death with a spoon as Shadow's song from his solo game was playing

Better yet, examples since the show started making original music for fights?
Naruto vs Ichigo ended with a Naruto fight riff
Optimus vs Gundam ended with a noise that sounds like "Robots in Disguise"
Jack vs Afro literally ended with "WATCH OUT" from Samurai Jack

Jotaro?

Death Battle did nothing wrong.

How does Aang beat Ed’s alchemy

Changing rock into metal and shit?

by overwhelming him presumably

Mustang's destructive power with his fire honestly makes anything Aang demonstrated (with firebending) look like a joke. The man's a walking WMD that beat two separate unkillable monsters.

>picks up mountain
>drops mountain

yeah Mustang takes a huge steaming dump on any character in Avatar
but he does the same to Ed

Attached: roy-envy.gif (488x275, 909K)

Not Combustion Man

Going Avatar State. I mean just look at the shit he did during the Ozai fight.

Main way Ed has a chance is if he can take him out before he goes AS or if he can pull Philosopher Stone mode and even then that might not beat it since he may go against the avatars or some shit. I have no clue how Philosopher Stone Ed works.

Why do you think they give a shit abiut vic

Because they fired him.

Screwattack is owned by Roosterteeth, who canned Vic when the charges were made against him.
In general, I like RT, but I hope they get sued after Vic wins the case.

What? The avatar can move fucking continents. These things are always so retarded.

Wasn't the episode's production started way before the Vic scandal began?

Attached: Flame of Vengeance_trim.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

If their argument boils down to "Ed could kill Aang before Aang reached full power" then that's a loser argument, because a Death Battle always assumes that both combatants get the chance to fight at their fullest potential. I'd love for Ed to win because I don't like Avatar and Gaara was robbed, but bullshit is still bullshit even if it plays to my bias. And Aang can fly, and Ed's got limited range.

Attached: Alice02.jpg (370x420, 43K)

Eh from what I understand the main difference is that although RT canned him, they just did and left it at that.

Funimation is the one who began talking shit after that hence why they are being targeted. Doesn't help that some on their side just don't know when to shut the fuck up and make things worse

Exactly. If Aang in not a at fol power why should edd have his automaton arm. It's not part of him.

Automail is standard equipment. I don't know if Avatar State is standard equipment for EoS Aang or if it's a temporary amp he doesn't normally have access to, or even if the time it takes to "unleash" is treated as a notable weakness of it. Either of those factors could potentially affect my opinion.

Attached: Jenny.png (333x505, 137K)

He can turn that shit on and off. He also has energy bending shenanigans so I could see him taking away Ed's power

True, they seem to have kept their noses clean, but it still needs to be set right.
He was fired on false grounds, he should be rehired with a bit of "Sorry we fucked up" money.

>taking away Ed's power via energy bending
That's a rather big assumption, assuming there's no direct parallel of something like that happening in FMA. But then again, their entire argument for Toph beating Gaara was based on an even bigger assumption, that Toph's control over sand simply negated the control afforded by chakra as well as the will of a ghost. So, sure, why not?

They're hedging their bets on whether he wins or not.

If he does, they'll hire him back for a role on whatever new shitty cartoon they're making at the time.

If he doesn't, they'll quietly disown him.

I can't wait for Jenny to die to Alita.

Aangs agility means shit in a closed space
He is a monk who spent his whole life in a mountain, you can trap him and kill him like a rat

It'd be hard to trap him, and if he is that just might be enough to tip Aang into using his Avatar State which he can turn on instantly whenever he wants by EOS.

>assuming there's no direct parallel of something like that happening in FMA.
There is, but it's substantially different. If you attempt human transmutation (creating a human being or bringing someone back to life) you get brought before God who then takes anything from internal organs to your entire body before throwing you back to the world. You can circumvent this by using a Philosopher's stone (which are crystallized lumps of human souls) as payment instead, or by giving up your "gate" (which is your connection to God) and thus rendering you unable to use alchemy.

Besides that there's a specific style of alchemy which incorporates Chinese chi bullshit, so it's not unprecedent for that to pop up. Not sure of how equivalent it is though.

Vic wasn't fired because he was never an employee to begin with

Splitting hairs that belongs in the courtroom, but his contract was eliminated early with no explanation given to him, though they did discuss it among themselves.

The only way this fight is fair is if Ed figures out that aang can't metalbend

Which is likely, it's just a matter of how to they justify it?
Does Aang just straight up tell him? He's never been one to talk while fighting unless he needed to convince someone not to fight.

Since when has Deathbattle been one for creativity or insight?
You say that as if you were expecting anything different

>Muh creativity and insight
Code for: "My favorite character can win through this convoluted setup so they deserve the win"

Ed's fucked. He might as well be fighting Storm.

>Ignites Envy's eyes and mouth without even coming in contact, or them realizing it with just a finger snap
>Burns them to the point that they exhaust all the lives in their stone
Mustang is pretty broken without his moral restraint.

Alchemy overall is more powerful than anything Aang can do, but Ed isnt that strong in FMA, he usually wins by being smarter or by having help, there are much heavier hitters than him. He lives so long since hes not allowed to be hurt as he is needed for the endgame.
Not to mention how much power grabbing a philosopher stone or two would give him.

Alphonse was definitely the more creative of the brothers, Edward's alchemy is a lot more brute force like Izumi's.

Ended on a riff from FOTNS.

>Opens ground
>Closes ground
GG NO RE

>Going Avatar State.
Isn't Aang vulnerable before actually going into the avatar state, like when Azula shot him in the back?

Is that a recurring weakness that he doesn't really have any way around? And does Ed have a specific counter that takes advantage of that weakness that he uses on a regular basis? Otherwise they're just going to take both combatants at their full power and not let one just instagib the other, even on paper.

youtu.be/iZDnAAPn6ds
youtu.be/UXbskDZKD7o

Mustang would beat Aang

Aang was surrounded, that made it easy for Azula to sneak a lightning bolt in. You can tell Azula shot him from behind judging by the scar. In a 1v1 this probably won't be a thing.

This is an Avatar, poisoned, back against the wall, facing three master benders.
youtube.com/watch?v=TAzxwoG4138
A much more dire situation than Aang will be when he decides to use the Avatar State against Ed, it's called a "defense mechanism" for a reason.

Yes

Ed shits on Aang so hard in base he should win but Aang stomps in AS and they will get too much shit if they don’t show it since that’s his peak

>Spoil the ending by releasing the music score early.
Kind of shooting yourself in the foot isn't it? Is it really that hard to wait until the video officially drops?

Attached: ok.jpg (600x600, 32K)

It's meant to fuel speculation and build hype, I assume.

3:36

How much speculation can you get from a music riff that all but screams "Aang wins"? Especially since apparently, every other composition has always ended with the guy whose song plays at the end winning?

Only times where music came out after the episode is with Yates for like 3 of his songs (from the top of my head they were Infection Perfection, Marvelous, and Falcon Uncaged)
Odds are if we hear Dragon Dagger notes at the end, Tommy's winning but that probably won't matter since the song might be out after the fight

Yeah it’s dumb especially since Ed should win. Don’t get me wrong it’s only like 60/40 but I hope they at least shiwEd being creative instead of AS just spamming shit through walls until we died

*2:36
Definitely
A common trend is that if a super form is used early, it won't mean shit
Looks like the state is saved for the end

Ben said the writer for this episode wanted to show off Ed's brilliance and strategic thought
The music before the "shine" is likely Aang falling for Ed's keikaku

Yeah I think Ed wins too narrowly through his alchemy being more precise and varied but can see Aang winning

I just hope if he loses it’s still showing him outplaying Aang but losing anyway. Because win or lose there is no way Aang wins through anything but brute force

Dumb

State should be used early because the base version of the fight isn’t a contest

That’s the thing though if he falls for it that means he loses since he gets gibbed

>Music riff is either Aang being triumphant
>Or the sound that plays when Ed travels through Aang's past lives as a philosopher's stone.
At least it would be a surprise, I just don't want every fucking verdict on this show to be spoiled ahead of time because they couldn't be patient and wait to release the music until after the actual episode.

Attached: 18316431738.gif (360x270, 291K)

>Ed should win.
No he shouldn't simply because nothing Ed does in his entire arsenal beats AS

those bastards kept the Avatar State shine noise in the score immediately followed by Aang's melody in the last 30 seconds of the fight, literally how am I suppose to read this if not Aang winning

But Ed in base stomps Aang so hard there’s no reason he should go AS that late

Didn't the music spoil Thanos vs. Darkseid too?

I think Aang could evade Ed for quite a while, considering he fought a Sozin's Comet-enhanced Ozai for some time who could just straight up fly. Ed's quick but Aang's supernatural in this field.

Attached: determination-aang.png (1019x765, 664K)

Animation doesn't matter and doesn't necessarily reflect exactly how the fight would go. Take it with a grain of salt and enjoy it as a powers exhibition. Pure fluff. If exactly how X character beats Y is what matters to you, focus on the breakdown of feats, because the winner is determined by who wins on paper. Not how the 'battle fic' plays out. That's meant to be cool and fun before being remotely accurate

PS Ed wouldn't work
He only beat Pride because Kimblee held him back
Ed would get gang raped

weeaboo and big FMA fan Ed isn't all that strong he is however very smart and adaptable also his automail is a fuck huge weakness he'd win if he used a philosopher stone but after finding out its made with human souls its not like Ed would dare use one

I'm pretty sure Ed could only do that at all because Pride is literally a Philosopher's Stone a container of souls, he can't inject himself into anyone. And regardless he needs to be touching whatever he's injecting and if he's in this situation with Aang why not just deconstruct his face off.

Only exception I can think is Daredevil vs Nightwing since the last notes sound like Daredevil's theme

I don't see how since neither has specific themes.

People were betting the silence being when Thanos snapped but it turned out it was after the silence occurs but nothing concrete

He mastered it by the end so he can pop into it faster from what I understand

To be fair, Bison used Final Bison in the climax and his theme started blaring until about 10 seconds passed and he got murdered by Shao Kahn

Alchemy generally doesn't physically augment the alchemist like a bender is able to achieve in their cartoon. Aang uses his air bending powers in unique ways to enhance his speed, reflexes, fvocal cal sounds that I never saw Ed able to accomplish, while also decreasing his landing speed to survive fatal falls or temporarily fly/glide with his air sphere. And that's just air bending. He can cover himself with earth for more protection, tunnel through the ground and walls, or even climb earth surfaces.

Yes, alchemy is more versatile, and Ed is more privilege than most alchemist because he doesn't require circles to activate his magic, but he still ends to clap and touch the material to complete the transmutation process. Aang doesn't. He can only control four elements, but he has far more diverse applications and master of it than most alchemists. Hell, Aang. defies equivalent exchange by creating something (fire) out of nothing, apparently.

I don't even think Aang even needs the Avatar State. He's faster, more maneuverable, mobile, can levitate or propel himself like a rocket via fire. Or create numerous create weapons made of fire, water, earth or air. Edward has control over all the elements listed in the periodic table in his hands, but Aang mastered the four elements of what he was given. And I believe his mastery trumps Ed's versatility.

>Alchemy is more versatile
On paper. In practice it's always rock spikes and rock shields.

The answer is very simple if you put them on a tier list.

ED = Block leveler, multi block leveler at best

Ang = Block leveler, city or multi city leveler if he tries.

Ang wins easily. He just has to use his wind powers and throw Ed against concrete multiple times.

Earth bend a huge rock and smash him? What is this bullshit

Can't Aang just suffocate Ed?

Attached: 87624354676.gif (510x385, 1.26M)

>Ed's Alchemy can counter most if not all of Aang's elemental attacks
That's not how fucking alchemy works though, he doesn't just automatically destroy anything that touches him, he has to manually use alchemy on it, and seeing how Aang can effortlessly barrage Ed there's no way he can consistently defend himself. No, he doesn't have the speed to do this. Aang is much faster and would never be hit by a melee attack from Ed.

Edd has the advantage of a one hit KO, being smarter, and being able to counter at least a few of Aangs bending. Also faster reactions, as he dodges no wind up lightning, and bullets point blank

Even with all that Aang has power by a lot with the avatar state, making it seem more in his advantage

not aangs feat

>faster reactions
Aang can dodge and catch lightning, and has blocked an explosion from combustion man igniting right in his face. Even if his reaction speed was slower, he has seismic sense allowing him to read all of Ed's movements without even seeing him. Literally all Aang has to do is bind him with earth bending or water bending and it's instantly over. Seriously, what is Ed's counter to pic related?

Attached: 1457816748676.png (708x530, 454K)

he could but it's not a good strategy considering how long it took, and how it needs to be sustained
it only worked because it was used against a defenseless old woman
Most action protagonists could handle having their breath taken long enough to throw a punch

peeing on it

Its basic air manipulation
If an Air Weeb like Zaheer who had no training could do it, so can Aang.
Its like saying Ed can't use destruction on organics because he never did it in the show even though he could still perform it since Scar could and he got it from him

>aang can airbed farts out of eds ass
>thinking.jpg

Reminds me of a joke Pan made about waterbenders manipulating urine and how Aang could've just made Zuko soil himself
He was still a teenager when he made that joke IIRC

>Freeze the piss

All those reactions come at an aang who knows what's coming at him
Lightningbending in Avatar takes windup, as all bending does, and unless im missing something he never reacted to lightning he didn't see wind up first
Meanwhile Ed has dodged lightning that came out which had no wind up(assuming the movie is considered)

Earth bend Ed into the ground and suffocate him then? Ed can't do alchemy without doing his clap either and his arm has fallen off and been destroyed multiple times in the show. That makes him an easy kill.

Attached: i30uQIv444334.png (1392x1067, 2.69M)

What movie would that be?

Fuck deathbattle for a second
Wouldn't these these two be like best bros
>Both short
>Both saved the world
>Could have endless debates on spirituality/science
>Who can make a bigger penis constructing competition of bending vs alchemy
>Who has the objectively hotter girl
>Ed could potentially relate to Aangs lack of alive parents

That could work, but having one really good option does not make a victory, I cant remember it being used in a fight though
Was it used in that context or do we assume its functionality from the sokka succ

The Star of Milos one

Post series Ed might possibly study bending as a replacement to alchemy. He'll probably also study the bender's philosophies as an alternative to equivalent exchange.

The biggest pissoff about DB and Vs. fags in general is that many of the matchups would be way better as teamup stories, but they're too desperate to argue and wave their dicks around if they win to consider that.

I'd rather see Toph have an odd friendship with Alphonse

Not him, but Aang can trap people in earth. He did it to Ozai and Yakone.

Attached: latest[1].png (444x250, 155K)

By shooting him in the head with a pressurized air or water bullet.

Attached: a5bf4dadd3084f7cc80757c4db6e733d.jpg (498x604, 51K)

>Lightningbending in Avatar takes windup, as all bending does

But it doesn't? The characters are seen bending over small things that makes them flinch or startles them. Where I swear Ed gets his ass beat throughout the show

Attached: 4892894204209.gif (500x313, 843K)

never knew i wanted this

Bending takes windup, just some windup is rather small
lightning has some of the longest windup in the show
usually it's the more complex the move the more martial arts stuff you have to do, with a quick powerful blast of air being simple manuver while winding up lightning or sucking up the air out of someones lungs takes longer

Sokka wasn't sucked in. Toph trapped him there. Yeah

It’s midnight on west coast on the day the screwattack subscribers get access to the video.

Hurry up and post a link to the video.

Ed's alchemy gets taken away from him more than once in the show.

It's not one good option it's an example of the possibilities Aang has over Ed

Its 10 AM Pacific Time and the MEGA user needs time to upload
Cage vs Falcon got delayed for about an hour because of issues uploading

Ed has his feet being crushed in rock, his head submerged in water, and is blasted with a ring of fire
He can transmutate his way out but can only do so one at a time and by the time he's done with one, the other two would've finished him off

>Ed in base stomps Aang so hard
I get the feeling you never actually watched ATLA if you believe that. Aang has super speed and can thus avoid anything Ed throws at him and can literally blow full grown men into the air and thus separate Ed from any solid objects he could use to transmute and then drop him from a hundred feet in the air.

Then it's just a bad way of framing things
Both have lots of good options with it being pretty clear that Aang has the advantage in power by a lot

The most annoying thing is people who insist everything they don't like be what they like instead. Nothing is stopping them from going and writing an in-character crossover fanfic themselves, but no - they need to constantly remind us how offended they are that simple X vs. Y exists.

It's like going to a fucking hockey game and booing the fact it's not figure skating. That shit never fails to aggravate me. Bunch of holier than thou crybabies.

>Toph bending suit-alphonse into a rad T-1000 liquid metal deathsuit.

>She has to hide inside Al for reasons
>She shit talks others while inside him
>Others mistake her for him much to Al's frustration

Does having a woman inside the suit of armor your soul is piloting count as sex?

only if she masturbates

>anything Aang demonstrated (with firebending) look like a joke
Nigger what? Did you even watch the show past Jeong Jeong?

Attached: Avatar_State_fire_whips.png (333x250, 97K)

>Will be unable to take away Ed’s alchemy
I get the feeling they haven't watched Avatar or FMA. Aang can easily stop Ed from using alchemy, he doesn't need energybending.

Attached: 1571482931506.webm (708x530, 497K)

By Father who purposely made a philosopher stone barrier to do so.

if toph did that looking for rock in metal thing inside Al would she see his soul is connected to the armor?

He has to give it up to bring Al back

I know it was really just intended as flare, but people really forget just what absolutely insane shit Aang pulled in that final fight.

He blasted apart a small mountain with an air stream from hundreds of feet away. Not earthbending or waterbending, a fucking funnel of air that vaporized thousands of tons of stone in an instant.

Then there's the rock belt he gave himself. Iirc they started as boulders bigger than he was, and he compressed them down to pebbles. Even if their composition was mostly dirt, that's genuinly a ludicrous amount of force. Even getting a ballpark number on just how crazy that was is the only thing I look forward to in this DB, assuming they actually look at it.

Only if theres a blood connection to an artificial dick.

I got one better. If an Avatar knowing metalbending and bloodbending worked with Al, could they eventually learn Soulbending?

I keep hearing about Ed vs Joeseph, and am honestly curious on how that would go
Joeseph fucks up some crazy powerful beings, but its mostly because he can outsmart them and hit them with his monster be gone hamon
I love him, and he's best Jojo, but it seems his powers would be somewhat of a mismatch

still would be fun to see him taunt Ed

He's no cherryboy given its happened like three times throughout the series, including his future wife.

>artificial dick.
Like that Ona Nina doujin?