What are some definitive SpiderMan villian stories?

What are some definitive SpiderMan villian stories?

As in, Kravens Last Hunt is the definitive Kraven story, does Doc Oc, Green Goblin, Mysterio, etc have something similar?

Attached: 1494229958657.jpg (1973x3056, 1.8M)

The burglar shooting Uncle Ben in a home invasion is the quintessential burglar story.

I guess Superior can be seen as a defining Ock story.
Green Goblin has a couple, his initial conflict with Pete along with the death of Gwen. I also liked when Norman was head of SHIELD?HAMMER.
The rest I would say have some memorable moments but not a true defining arc imo.

>I guess Superior can be seen as a defining Ock story.
No, it's not. Holy shit. I will never understand Yea Forums's infatuation with Slott's Superior story unless its some cuckhold fetish thing. It's a rehash of Kraven's Last Hunt!

It's still an alright arc tho.
And if not that, what would be his defining moment then? Ends of The Earth?
As far as I remember Ock didn't have a lot of good solo arcs until recently. But it has been a while since I read classic spidey comics.

Fuck that shit. Superior did irreversible damage to Otto

Otto's definitive stories are as followed

Otto trying to marry Aunt May

The Frank Miller Spider-Man annual where Otto nearly kills Punisher/holds him hostage as he tries to poison the city and Spidey has to stop him/save Punisher

Otto nearly killing Black Cat and being beaten so badly by Peter afterwords that Otto starts shitting his pants and screeching in horror/terror whenever he sees a spider

Revenge of the Sinister Six

Otto's death story during the Clone Saga

It famously triggered lunatic Spider-Man fans (like the guy who is sexually obsessed with Ultimate Aunt May), that's why.

No it's an alright idea completely mishandled by Slott. Gage's Superior is competent. Furthermore, Doc Ock's definitive story is him not even Doctor Octopus?

Wait do you mean K-Box?

>Otto nearly killing Black Cat and being beaten so badly by Peter afterwords that Otto starts shitting his pants and screeching in horror/terror whenever he sees a spider

Attached: Owl-Octopus-05-986x1024.jpg (986x1024, 341K)

why is Peter covered in soggy beans?

he said football sucked and a bunch of brits attacked him with beans.

>Otto nearly killing Black Cat and being beaten so badly by Peter afterwords that Otto starts shitting his pants and screeching in horror/terror whenever he sees a spider
Huh I forgot about this one, where is it from?

>Furthermore, Doc Ock's definitive story is him not even Doctor Octopus?
Good point actually. I guess I'm really just not that much of an Ock fan

the story with betty brants brother was a good spidey story with doc ock.
for a story concerning doc i guess ends of the earth fits
wasn't ock the one that had the medicine aunt may needed in the underwater facility?

Not killing George Stacey?

Norman's would be killing Gwen Stacey.

Though if allowed multiples I guess it would also include
>Discovering Peter's identity
>The Night of the Goblin
and for some reason
>A Death in the Family
always gets bought up around him so I guess that

Flowers for the rhino

Read Spider-Man: Blue, one of the best.

Attached: 1448166209988.png (489x1400, 327K)

KLH is pretty unique unto itself but there are other notable stories for some of his rogues, here's a few:

Green Goblin: ASM 39/40, ASM 121/122, Spectacular 178-183, 199/200

Electro: ASM 422-425, Spider-Man 38-40

Vulture: Spectacular 186-188

Hobgoblin: anything by Roger Stern

Mysterio: ASM 24, 66/67, 618-620, Friendly Neighborhood 11-13

Doc Ock: Owl/Octopus War, ASM Annual 15, Funeral for an Octopus, Death of Captain Stacy

Scorpion: ASM Annual 18

Around Spectacular Spider-Man #70-80.

Is blue part of 616? Unrelated question

It’s should be considering it was written to fit into a handful issues from the romita run. Hell romita sr himself said it was canon, but sins past... conflicts with it

Sin of the past doesn't exist, user.

Then blue is canon, it adds to the story without conflicting with the books it shares the time frame with and connects the story to later events

Like, SoTP is contradictory to previous and future issues of Spider-Man, like in the return of the green goblin where Norman says he only had a son, despite SoTP being him the one who found these two weirdos and told them that Peter killed Gwen.

You don’t need to explain to me how it makes no sense both in canon and in publication. The thing was a mess back to front and it’s only lasting ramification is for Milesfags to have ammunition when explaining why spider Gwen and him doesn’t work

But in the end, i can't blame the writer for that shit when originally story was about Peter discovering he got Gwen pregnant and those children are his, but the editors didn't like that and change it.

I think the story could’ve been amazing as a spider-girl story, where Mayday finds she has these long lost half siblings and has to try to reach them or they’ll attempt to kill her and her family. It’s a damn shame none of the editors on spider-man caught the story before it went to print

>ASM #611
Isn't that post Superior Slott?

Superior started at 700