Batman and Catwoman

Despite DC pushing this as the equivalent of Clark/Lois and Steve/Diana; why does this pairing feel ‘wrong’ on a deeper level Yea Forums?

Attached: 69A87C0C-D71B-43A7-B654-AB79933DFD31.jpg (575x315, 29K)

Because Selina has ranged from "thief with a heart of gold" to "cold-blooded killer" at various times.

Because it was always a mouse-and-cat game where they both try to out-play each other in their little battle of wits and seduction. You take the game aspect away, and it becomes another melodramatic romance that doesn't fit either of them. So it's bound to be riffled with mis-characterization.

Because Tom King is a terrible writer not doing the relationship any favors. The Batman/Catwoman pairing can work, just not the BatCat autism King's been doing.

Attached: Catwoman Selina Kyle.jpg (500x708, 74K)

Lios and Steve aren't masked heroes/villains. They're just people.

Selina should cuck Batman with a retarded serial killer.

If that works for Marvel, it should work for DC.

Lois and Steve aren’t bisexual ex-prostitutes.

Because Lois and Steve are cilivians who do good.
Catwoman is a petty theif who never reforms.

They don't have the same kind of relationship the others do but it's recognized by most people at large that Catwoman is Batman true love.

Everyone knows Vicki Vale is the only girl for Batman

Attached: iu-1.jpg (800x416, 50K)

The new 52 erased much of their history and when rebirth launched it was never clear if their past had been restored and it mattered little. There was no prior build up to their engagement just bad dialogue, a shitty "I am Suicide" arc then a Flash crossover and a spontaneous proposal followed by more issues of bad writing

That’s not Silver St Cloud.

Attached: 8C0DBBC2-5657-4401-8AEC-BDF3E9842E1A.jpg (657x438, 28K)

I blame King

That dumbass Lois Lane knockoff? Shit taste

Because Batman is all about punching criminals in the face, unless he get to fuck them apparently.

Lois and Steve are good people and not criminals. Selina is a bitch who steals for fun and can't be with Batman without losing too much of her character since she's so rooted in crime and he's so rooted in justice.

>batman
>rooted in justice
kek. The real issue is she might have to cuck him few times when screwing over criminals. museum security does not have lasers like in the movies so its not a challenge anyway

Because King is a shit writer.

Batman is an autistic, rage-filled criminal who illegally beats up criminals, don't get me wrong. The important thing is that he believes this is justice, not that he's actually correct in any way.

It doesn’t come across as romantic.
Selina easily abandons Bruce at the drop of a hat. And Bruce goes full crazy breaking shit and abusing/hitting friends and family afterwards (apparently Catwoman leaving him is worse than any parent or son dying according to King). Everyone is just PTSD sociopath.

FatNat would be a good super girl

Because King is a bad writer. Also, Lois and Steve are just love interest, pretty arm candy created for only one reason, to hook up with the main character. King's Catwoman is far more competent and intelligent and than Batman and she makes him a supporting character in his own book when she appears.

>why does this pairing feel ‘wrong’ on a deeper level Yea Forums?
Because you're stuck in a anti-tom king echo chamber.

Batcat is still shit.

Fuck off Snyder

>BAT
>CAT
>BAT
>CAT
>BAT
>CAT
>BAT

I prefer Batman/Zatanna

Probably because King is too fixated on trauma to write a proper relationship.

Or, you bite the bullet and domesticate Selina for good.

Because you virgin fags project yourself into Batman

Superheroes are escapist powerfantasies.

because batman has been with several other ships and there have been so many stories with catwoman as a actual villain it's hard for anyone to take this seriously

>but it's recognized by most people at large that Catwoman is Batman true love.
I thought it was Rachel Dawes.

Two people dressing up as animals so that they can meet at night and get their yiff on? Of course it feels wrong.

because Kings Batman and Catwoman aren't true to the real thing in anyway. All Catwoman does is ridicule Bruce while is keeps being a cuck

I can't see anything other than Batman and Wonder Woman. Yes, i am a DCAU faggot. What can i do. It's what introduced me to DC. So because of it i always saw Catwoman as more of a side-ho. Because of this view all this dying love thing feel saccharine and false to me. That's probably where other casuals like me can be coming from.

>What can i do
You can read comics, you dumb fuck

It doesn't. It works with good writers, read more comics you casual

The comics i read had Batman fighting crime or being teased with other ladies. Catwoman always came of as just another one among many.

King just doesn't write the paring well.

They appeal because they're different, not because they're secretly exactly the same and get each other perfectly. Selina's more fun when she's the grounded one can make bruce act like a normal person on a good day, not "we are both suicidal fuckups who speak in code bat cat bat cat"

>Clark/Lois and Steve/Diana
what's the status of these 2 pairings again?

On the rocks.

This. King could've written any ship and it would have been stupid.

Batman and the Cat were meant to be together from the day they first met.

Attached: batcat.png (1147x1516, 2.46M)

Steve/Diana. Was this even a pairing before the stupid movie?

Then why was Batwoman created when the creators decided to give Batman a legit love interest?

And wasn't Talia originally created to be Bruce's one true love as well?

Almost everyone agrees Catwoman/Batman is not the problem but the way King writes it. King is the guy that thinks Bruce hates being Batman and Miller even made fun of him for this idea.

Selina has commited crimes time and time again, Bruce looks like a hipocrite by thinking she would/could be reformed just because he wants to bang her.
Basically Batman and Catwoman have so many different characterizations that its botched their relationship.