All memes aside. what's our honest opinion on her movie?

All memes aside. what's our honest opinion on her movie?

Attached: Captain Marvel.jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

By far the weakest origin movie of the MCU with a protagonist who doesn't really struggle with anything over the course of the plot.

Bland as oatmeal and the real propaganda at work was the air force.

spbp

We’re not a fucking hive mind and everyone can have their own opinions you brain dead retard

Really bland. Even the Supreme Intelligence and the Skrulls look bland.

The most forgettable billion dollar blockbuster since Avatar.

I liked it. Had a better final than Wodnerwoman.

The worst movie of the MCU
Worst actress
Worst screenplay
Worst directors
Worst special effects
And they fucked the Skrulls

>We’re not a fucking hive mind and everyone can have their own opinions
>we're not a fucking hive mind
That would have been true back in 2013. But alas.

Was good

It was ok.

This don't looks like a super hero

Attached: rtert.jpg (250x187, 5K)

it was meh

Fpbp

Also, bad performance by the lead actress

this

I havent seen it but knowing it is a Marvel movie, it is at best mediocre.

It's weird because Brie Larson has been decent in other movies, but she's a total flatline as Captain Marvel. The best friend was more likeable than her and felt more worthy of being a super hero.
The Gwen Stefani song was cringeworthy and I have no idea how that made it passed the concept stage.

I really enjoyed it but the idea that the skrulls weren't the villains was dumb. I like how they introduced them with Tallos but failed to utilize why he'd make a first impression, he is one of the few skrulls that can't shapeshift and had to earn his way up the ranks and proved it by holding his own against Professor Hulk. That is forgivable, but then the accusers destroying their homeworld without insight as to why was flabbergasting. If I was on writing staff I'd say they were already refugees fleeing their homeworld in another galaxy (subtly hinting at Galactus), the Kree don't take kindly to illegal aliens and hunt them as a result. Now the movie has relevant social commentary and is still accurate to the source material. It's not even like they'd have to reshoot anything, just change some dialogue. Also who thought it was a good idea to cut out Carol's rivalry with Minn-Erva?

>but the idea that the skrulls weren't the villains was dumb.
They were bad deeds on both side, thye establish that. But in this specific case, those were just refugees.

The scene where she destroys bunch of spaceships is so boring. But I kinda liked the Skrull twist.

>And they fucked the Skrulls

Attached: Marvel's Captain Marvel The Art Of The Movie-198.jpg (5334x4421, 1.42M)

Average. Not terribly bad besides the shit with Fury's eye. I think one of the major issues though is that Marvel really doesn't have a strong character. It's like they wanted to make her multiple characters at once. She was a snarky wisecracker, stoic badass, and never stay down underdog at the same time and all these personalities clash. The moment at the end about always getting up falls flat because they were so concerned with making her look cool throughout the movie that she's rarely faced with failure.

Easily the best MCU movie

They made the Skrulls into a bunch of limp dick didntdo's. They lead was as hot and engaging as a fiscal briefing in the artic.

It was mediocre

Brie knew the movie was shit and lacked the motivation to do the part but she played along because "muh grrl power"

didn't see it/10

Attached: 1554035457573.jpg (478x320, 74K)

I don't hate Carol/Captain Marvel and even when she was Ms.Marvel I just knew her as the lady that Rogue put in a coma and took her powers. Then I heard Brie Larson was playing her who I personally think has no good acting skills despite the awards.
I still decided to go see it in theaters with my girlfriend and 40 minutes we were bored out of our minds. So I just kept dozing off and my girl kept checking her phone to text or for the time. Eventually we both feel asleep and we woke up during the end credits.

3/10

Damn! Megan is cute

It was meh. It doesn't even get to be hilariously bad. Just forgettable.

The cat was a better actor than Larson.

Yvan eht nioj

>he's not part of the hivemind
It must be sad to be so lonely

This. Boring and overhyped, it was just bland

It was fine, Honestly the controversy about this film was kind of more intresting, It's a by the books film that has more flaws then usual but I've seen worse, somewhere below Far From Home but above Kingsman 2

Maybe it's early enough so most of the shitposters aren't up, so here's my actual opinion:
It was kinda boring, none of the action interested me, but the first half of the story (after landing on Earth but before the reveal) was mostly engaging, and Jackson carried the film excellently.
After the Skrull twist, I don't really remember anything exciting happening, and I started to get rapidly disinterested. Although that conversation with Carol and her black friend was great, that actress was wonderful, recast her to play her daughter (Monica, right?) so we can see more of her in the future.

Oh, and the flerkle/eye thing was legitimately insulting to the viewers. Same with the "origin" of the Avengers.

It's not great but it's not actively terrible. It actually reminded me a lot of "The Cape" TV-Series where the main character is actively the least interesting character in the entire production. Sam Jackson was incredibly charming throughout, had this movie been "Nick Fury Chronicles: Captain Marvel" I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more.

The only part I hate is At the end of the movie when Carol goes full Binary and Just a girl starts playing, it just reminded me of how awkwardly handled the whole movie was because nothing Carol did was actively girly. Except for her vagina, I guess that's pretty girly.

Attached: dLUEc2dh[1].jpg (480x270, 22K)

they obviously had trouble balancing the story around such a powerful character, had to keep coming up with excuses as to why she couldn't use her powers and by the end she's so OP nothing is of any threat

if only Ike Pearlmutter wasn't such a shitlord they could have introduced her years ago and gradually built up her power level until she could stand up against Thanos for EG

Is that guy in the movie? Cause that looks good.

It's not as bad as Iron Man 3 or Thor 2, but it's pretty mediocre. Brie Larson has been good in other roles, but she just seemed really bored the whole time. She was outshined by most of her costars.

Perfect movie, funny, with soul, that's all, no MCU shit involved, no cameos, no Stark shit, just a great adventure, like the good old times

Attached: brielookingattheuniverse.jpg (400x399, 37K)

Mediocre feels like watching a phase one mcu only more boring and dull

>current Yea Forums
>not hivemind
Heh... most posters just keep repeating words and sentences of brainfarts posters.

Attached: Formerly.png (1297x741, 388K)

>$1,1b
>$300m

Quality>Quantity

Attached: 1550809462469.jpg (947x647, 65K)

just below Green Lantern, slightly above Catwoman

Good thing based Carol's movie was better than Shitzam's then

FPBP

Downloaded it, watched it with the wife. She passed out after marvel fell into the blockbuster. I had to finish it by myself, with help from energy drinks and weed.

2/10 movie. Perfect for white guys that love posturing tho.

Attached: 1534361506282.jpg (410x410, 30K)

Ive never seen a movie in all of history that absolutely devastated the incel community as hard as this movie

In your dreams, carolfag

Pretty boring. Not offensively bad but not super great. Just very bland. Like something from the 00s.

What is Captain Marvels policy on 30 year old virgin men?

people pay for quality so I guess it makes sense

Cope

Attached: 1553475733080.png (1465x936, 1.26M)

It's way worse than IM3. RDJ is at least fun to watch. Can't say that about Brie

Brie is hilarious though.

>HA! Aquaman made $1b. Suck it, Marvelfags!
>W-what if Captain Marvel made $1b? Box office means fucking nothing!
Never change, DCfags.

>Captain Fungus
>Quality

You mousedrones have such shit taste

Boring story but had some good action moments especially the fight scene on board the skrull satellite.

you're free to be contrarian and downright wrong user but the objective fact remains that it was a hot garbage propoganda film

Typical Carolfags only caring about numbers

Attached: BasedSivana.png (207x203, 40K)

Offputting, main character was unpleasant and the LOL GIRLS SUCK plot felt so forced.

The visual effects were nice, but those are just something you expect from an MCU movie. It's the only one I haven't bought on physical media.

>Shahzam was so good that nobody wanted to pay to see it
even with all the incel propaganda, Marvel made a billion and thats the icing on the cake.

Dilate

>Incel snowflakes still this absolute assblasted over the best MCU flick

Attached: smug flerken.png (102x102, 25K)

Boring. I never really connected with Carol as a character the same way I did for almost every other main character in the MCU. And I think that’s beside like 30 seconds of what felt like phoned in acting, Carol is never emotionally vulnerable. 95% of the movie she’s got this smugness to her that never really gets pealed away to show something softer underneath. Even the scene where she’s all “I don’t even know who I am!” lasts all of half a moment before she’s over it. She never really mourns for the life she lost when the Kree took her, nor really feels pain over the lie of being Vers.

I want to give the benefit of the doubt and assume that’s mostly the script and director’s fault, since she was in Endgame for all of 5 minutes.

too much salt is bad for your health

Beep boop

So is cutting off your dick

>t. didn't watch the movie and parroting outragetubers
Yikes

Shazam is possibly the blandest film ever. It is a generic "feel-good" superhero movie made exclusively because DC is desperately trying to make us forget about Zack Snyder's movies.

Better than Iron Man 2 & 3, Thor 1 & 2, Hulk, Homecoming, Dr Strange, Captain America 1 and both Ant Man.
More or less Far From Home level.

never watched it lol

Bait

Not horrible, but a major step back to the time when marvel movies had totally pushover bad guys.

Vaguely superhuman alien spec ops guy vs Infinity stone powered starship puncher!! Who will win?!

Honestly, the most interesting part of the movie was seeing that there were a MCU Monica Rambeau.

Still better than CM imho. Even though i found it to be kinda bland aswell

If I was parroting “outragetubers” I probably would have brought up the fact that all of the men in her life were jackasses, or how she acted in interviews, or a bunch of other things.

That’s just my honest review of the movie. There are some decent action scenes, but I honestly cared more about some of the ancillary characters than Carol. Not every character ever needs to show some sort of vulnerability, but the main character sure does.

Well in the comic books. The Kree is at least as guilty as the Skrull if not more for the war.

Hell they started the damn war by trying to genocide the Cotati and Skrulls because they lost the uplift contest.

Why are you still trying to lie about it? The movie's already wildly successful and everybody knows it was amazing.

>The movie's already wildly successful and everybody knows it was amazing.
This statement sounds like NPC programming. I'm just hoping now the bullshit origin story is done with Captain Marvel 2 provides a more interesting story and Larson is somehow able to prove her critics wrong.

Her only critics are pathetic basement-dwellers who will never admit they're wrong, though.

Your proving his point, incel

Like most superhero origin movies: absolute meh

Ah, I see. You are, as the kids say, “Trolling” for (you)s. Look man, I found the movie boring, Carol’s smugness throughout the movie without being countered by any other emotion for more than a minute never really made her a decent character. That’s all there is to it. Believe it or not.

>Her only critics are pathetic basement-dwellers
Every one of them? Bit of a tall order that. You can't blithely just write off all criticism as invalid just because you conjuncture however unlikely as to their lifestyle simply because you disagree with what they're saying.

It's a fairly average/above average movie by MCU terms. Which means it's good. All the rage about it is due to youtubers desperate for clicks, and the idiot children that watch them.

I haven't seen her movie, so I won't comment on it.
What I will comment on is her appearances in Endgame
1) Saving Tony stark
I was hoping it was Stallone/the new Whistle-spear user who caught the signal from the Ravager ship. Disappointed it was Carol who randomly found space-debris to save the day
2) Talking with the avengers.
What a dead-eyed cunt.
3) Taking out Thanos' ship solo
When the canons pointed up, I was really hoping it was the ravagers/nova corp coming in to kick some butt, but with better toys to make up for their failure on Nova. Instead it was Carol and she just smashed shit in the most boring way possible.
4) The female heroes showing up to show solidarity... with a being infinitely more powerful than all of them combined... because all the male heroes would never help Carol keep the infinity gauntlet safe?
Just... what the fuck? What were they smoking? If Carol had showed up to have, say, Mantis' back, that's make sense. Mantis showing up to protect supermanlady doesn't make sense.

Background: I was a big fan of Carol before the rebranding. I really enjoyed the conflicted, traumatized character she was, who didn't get along with some of the hero community, had major beef with some, and didn't get the respect she deserved. I grew up on DC, so I saw her as a combination of Hal Jordan's single-minded stubbornness and Power Girl's insecurity about belonging. Obviously, I hated the rebranding, as she was nothing like the character I knew.

The movie, being based on that interpretation of the character, was never gonna be for me. And yet, I was still amazed by how bad Larson's performance was. She somehow managed to deliver almost every line wrong, it's incredible. As for the rest of the movie, they tried to tell the story in a superficially confusing way to play her origin as a mystery, but ended up falling into telling the audience a lot of things and asking them to just accept them, rather than demonstrating. Carol is a great friend, just believe us. Lawson is super important for Caron on a personal level. No seriously, just believe it.

They fucked the Skrulls something mighty. The prosthetics are atrocious, the "innocent immigrants" angle goes against everything they've ever stood for, unless there's some major heel turn planned for the future (which I hope is the case). Every existing character they used was ruined for the sake of exalting Carol, or for cheap laughs. Ronan was bland in GOTG, yeah, but he wasn't a coward. Here, he runs away at the first sign of a challenge. Coulson was barely there, Fury's cat scratch thing completely deflates the character they built for years, the Avenger name reveal cheapens everything. It's insulting for everyone who's been following these movies across a decade.

Basically, it's the worst of the MCU for me. Which is a shame, because I think it wouldn't take too many changes to make it decent. Recast Larson or just direct her better, tweak a couple scenes, cut a couple jokes.

So yeah. It's shit.

She is going to replace by a black woman. Wonder what her tune will be then.

Wrong, it's great.

Ok, you've convinced me with your brief but thorough argument.

Nice!

Attached: best girl.webm (480x480, 1.06M)

>what's our honest opinion on her movie?
I've never watched it and don't ever want to.

It was just kinda bland. Not a bad movie, like Thor 2, but not very good either.

Now, if only they'd make a good movie.

Who is this guy they keep putting next to carol?

The Inferior Captain Marvel
Imagine getting the power to turn into a superhero but you have to be Chuck instead of Cheesefu
Monkey pawed

Attached: 1553382200801.jpg (679x960, 73K)

Why do cunts always fall asleep when watching a movie?

>generic feel-good
So most of mcu then

The superior Captain Marvel

Still better than Captain Marvel, tranny

Probably the worst of the MCU.

Attached: D-MxyKuUEAA1q0X.jpg large.jpg (680x494, 40K)

Shazam certainly took things a step beyond

Attached: Shazam.gif (540x353, 2.94M)

Can anyone explain the cult that's formed around this movie? Is it just ironic shitposting?

Captain marvel was a fun movie with a decent but not thrilling plot. Basically in line with early MCU. Carol was cute and I say that not even as one of those weird shilly waifu dudes (still can't tell if that's trolling or obsession, maybe both). I will say she was more fun when bouncing off of other characters but I liked her enough on her own. The girl power thing was a touch over the top but at this stage I can get past that. It's certainly no worse than the Endgame scene.
As for Shazam, it's a shame people feel the need to compare them. That movie was loads of fun too. Probably the best DC's done so dar but I haven't seen if Aquaman is any good yet. Billy had the same situation of being more fun when mixed with other characters, on his own he was a dick, though I can understand why.

All shills

See

Why don't other MCU movies have as many shills?

It has a girl in it and that's enough for people to get mad at, meaning it's enough for people to try and get others mad ar, and meaning it's enough for people to easily troll those who are mad at it. There's more reasons than WOMYN to dislike it, but odds are anyone you see talking about very specific nitpicks went in not expecting to have fun. And odds are anyone you see saying it's the best of the MCU and the like are just out for (you)'s or want to impregnate Carol.

I don't remember this kind of shitposting when Wonder Woman came out. Though maybe I just missed it

There was a very light amount but less people care about DC movies. Plus if I have it right Carol's actress said something in interviews to set people off, Gadot didn't afaik.

mad corny

>Our
Form your own opinion instead of going along with the collective you fucking chimp.

Because it was decent and has less controversy.

Yea Forums is mad that the movie made over a billion even though they had so many youtube videos saying it would be a flop, and nothing they could do changed it, leading to ongoing conspiracy theories and borderline LARPing just so they won't have to admit that a mediocre movie was a bigger success than even Wonder Woman (even though they should know better, given shit like the Bayformers movies printing money).

Unironically this

I really didnt like the way they revealed the twist. If she is capable, she should have used her detective skills to find the real story. Not some black box info dump.

Wonder Woman is a well-established character and one of the few things people really liked about BvS. Gal Gadot was also a smart gal and didn't go around saying how much she hates all men.

Seeing as how I still haven't seen it and don't feel like I missed out on anything, "Skippable" is my honest opinion.

Wonderwoman movie was actually good. The ones who shitposted are actual shitposters , who got ignored.
Captain marvel movie is bad . There are some who dont accept it and label anyone who hated it as Incels. Shitposters get attention now

Because other movies don't really promote rightThink as hard as Captain Marvel does, so it HAS to be great. Dissent is not permitted.
It's like people forgot the bygone days of female heroes that worked. No one flips their lid about Joan of Arc. Sailor Moon sold gangbusters. Cybersix is mourned as having ended too soon. Samus has fans that hate Other M (or something else) for not making her badass enough and making her some faggots perfect soldier girl. Ridley starred in multiple movies as a heroic, determined woman.
People don't have an issue with female protagonists, but Captain Marvel NEEDS to succeed to prove that people don't have an issue with female heroes because Captain Marvel is THE rightThink movie.
I really don't know why it got that position. There's better female heroes, even within the MCU.