I'd never heard of Shang Chi before

I'd never heard of Shang Chi before.

Can I get a basic gestalt?

Attached: shang-chi-in-action.jpg (1200x1200, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=76sR3bXCWAk
youtu.be/r2QUk0iESVI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does kung fu. Doesn't like the Mandarin or his organization.

To appeal to china and get chinabux

m.youtube.com/watch?v=76sR3bXCWAk

What's his powers?

That much was obvious teebeeaych.

He's the son of Fu Manchu and trained to be an assassin.
When he realises his father is an evil super-villain he turns on him and becomes a kung fu superhero.

Kung fu man

He’s THE master of Kung Fu.

also, stark made him some high tech nunchucks. later, he gained shadow clone jutsu.

>later, he gained shadow clone jutsu.
Lame

The best martial artist. Notably better than Iron Fist. Is pretty much a side character most of the time. If the rumors are true, They replace his father with the Mandarin.

Can't Karnak beat him?

Will bring back a new age of Kung-Fu KINO to cinema, so he's alright in my book.

Any recs for Shang-Chi, or any other martial arts book other than Iron Fist.

But.....the Mandarin doesn’t exist in the MCU

iirc this happened in one of the secret wars battleworlds so it's not a stretch

karnak is gay and has no powers

It's amazing, this film only got greenlit because they fucked up and wasted Iron Fist on Netflix shit

Attached: Heroes for Hire, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.png (1280x720, 699K)

best adaptation so far. only complaint is that there wasn't more.

So who’s like, the primary villain of Shang chi?

>What's his powers?
Kung fu.

Daddy issues

The Insidious Dr. Fu Manchu, i.e. the best pulp fiction villain ever.

Attached: Fu_Manchu.jpg (450x334, 30K)

Already confirmed to be the villian of this movie

AMERICA
It is time for another lesson

He was created during the popularity of kung fu in the 70s. He's like Bruce Lee meets James Bond.

>Notably better than Iron Fist

havent they always tied?

god EMH was so good. That Heroes for Hire stuff was all I ever wanted in live action and it let me down immensely.

I hope Fiege reboots them one day.

It's pretty impressive how Shang Chi had like 100+ comics to himself in the 70's, despite being so obscure to the general public.
I should really read them soon.

Shang-Chi's Master of Kung Fu run from the 70s, particularly the Moench/Gulacy stuff

He's going to surprise a lot of people with how cool he is. Characters like Kamala Khan cant even hold solo runs yet get pushed like crazy, yet he's been left to the wayside in recent years.

Hopefully this gives him permanent momentum and visibility.

Yes but people, even Danny, has said that Shang Chi was better than him.

I'm not talking about Shang Chi with all thirteen forbidden styles, I'm not talking about Shang Chi with the hard light gravity nun chucks or even Shang Chi with his unlocked chi time dilation image technique. I'm talking about Shang Chi with...

They backtracked that stupid decision years ago, then acted like it was all part of the plan

He's just Bruce Lee as a superhero.

The MCU lore is really fucked up.
>Vulture! except it's just cheap power armor
>Mysterio! except it's just holo tech (despite already having Strange in the MCU)
>Thor & the 9 realms! just kidding magic doesn't exist it's just fantasty tech
>The Mandarin! ...lol!
>having to recast Iron Patriot & Hulk

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Superman? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Post-Crisis Superman. I'm not talking about sundipped Post-Crisis Superman either. Hell, I'm not even talking about sundipped Post-Crisis Superman with his mental blocks unlocked with the Torquasm-Rao and Torquasm-Vo Kryptonian martial arts, equipped with a GL ring, a perfect Jimmy Olsen, control of Titano and a Sun-Eater, with Lex/Batman DNA implanted in him giving him 24th lvl intellect. I’m also not talking about blue sundipped instant lobotomy enraged Post-Crisis Superman, with the White Lantern Ring and his original silver age powers and a Helmet of Fate on his head, host to Parallax and wielding a Sword of Superman because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Jimmy Olsen (that can use Silver Age Powers), control of both Titano and a Sun-Eater, with Lex and Batman’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, access to the Green, sundipped Krypto guarding him and nine mini black holes floating behind him, entered Prime One Million Mode, casting galaxy wide Superhypnosis to everybody with Super mindcontrol to steal their powers. I'm talking about blue sundipped for 10^10^100 octillion years Prime One Million Pre-Crisis Rebirth Cosmic Armor Thought Robot Strange Visitor Superman with the White Lantern Ring, Helmet of Fate, Silver Age superpowers, Batman/Lex DNA, retcon punch, Miracle Machine and host to all emotional entities, access to all the Elemental Realms, three swords style w/ Sword of Supermans, casting Skyfather Jimmy Olsen as his servant, trained under Muhammad Ali, absorbed all 5D imps, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Mandrakk and obtaining the Demiurgic power, control over the speedforce with Endless concepts implanted in him and having rewritten the Book of Destiny while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan, and fused with SuperNicCage while having mastered 127 martial arts.

Attached: yawn.jpg (476x627, 155K)

Fu Manchu, but since Marvel can't use him and the Mandarin is basically Fu Manchu anyway, it only makes sense that they're making him Shang-Chi's dad

those videos were the only good part of IM3

The Mandarin is Killian tho

>casting Skyfather Jimmy Olsen as his servant
kek every time.

See All Hail The King.

so he's just donnie yen? that's it?

yes, he's inspired by Bruce Lee but he's still a cool character

>Mysterio! except it's just holo tech (despite already having Strange in the MCU)
What are you stupid? Are you retarded or something?

Fuck I don't watch the MCU movies, literally the only superhero movies I've seen in theaters for years were Spiderverse and Aquaman. But I know my fucking Marvel comics. Mysterio isn't fucking real magic you goddamn retard.

Bruce Lee expy. Badass enough to sense even Jean Grey's presence

wow toxic

All Hail the King retcons it. They were just hijacking the name of the mandarin.

> this would've been our iron fist film if ike wasn't such a greedy faggot and rushed full steam ahead with the netflix shit because muh desire to be in control

fuck ike forever

Attached: 1519834884971.png (500x375, 440K)

Literally Bruce Lee in the Marvel Universe. Does Kung Fu stuff. People are excited because they know nothing about him and want to seem cool. Shang-Chi is fairly bland in my opinion, Iron Fist is a cooler version of him, and we all know how that went.

I had never heard of this. Thanks anons

>he left out the lamest part where robert downey jr gets millions of dollars for no fucking reason whatsoever

I know that feel bro.
>Inhumans got a meh at best TV instead of a Movie because Ike was being an asshole.

Attached: Sad Crash.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

> we will never get vin diesel as blackbolt and whatever plot that feige had for inhumans will just repurposed for eternals
it's not fucking fair bros

Attached: 1265011280783.jpg (660x482, 133K)

Justin Hammer in prison is pretty great.
youtu.be/r2QUk0iESVI

Yet

Attached: D_9fPBGWsAANWPP.jpg (1024x1024, 60K)

His original series is cool,the Moench-Gulacy run is the best part of the series,there is a MarvelMAX miniseries that is pretty good too.
Also Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu is kino

Only book I have read of him is Heroes for Hire and he pretty much carried the whole team, so that's a good way to start.

The entire run written by Doug Moench (this also includes the Marvel Comics Presents Shang-Chi story he did, and the MAX miniseries).

>Marvel doing the smart thing and making the Mandarin his dad.

Yes. This is what people have been saying for years, myself included.

>I'd never heard of Shang Chi before.
Well, get ready for Disney to work their magic and make him into the next Ant-Man and Black Panther where EVERYONE will know who he is.and it’ll feel like he’s been around forever.

Oh, and don't forget all the fake stans coming out of the woodwork, who Always loved him~. Even though it's obvious they're hitching on the bandwagon just to diss Daddy.

Can someone redpill me on the difference between them?

it'll be really obvious. he's rarely posted or brought up.

That's what you get for trusting Netflix.

Who the fuck do you think Mysterio is?

Fucking hell I remember the twitter posts that wanted Shang to be Luke's partner, waxing lyrical about PoC solidarity, just so Iron Fist could be Asian.

I hope they treat this like an actual Kung-Fu movie , get Jackie and Sammo involved.

That and he's alpha as fuck.

Attached: OtXV78u.jpg (1204x571, 128K)

>Be me
>Be Shang and Danny fan
>Ill-informed haters of Danny keep lying about his character and his vs Shang's publication history
>Try to set them straight
>They don't listen

Suddenly, Shang-Movie

>Danny haters love Shang, because he's a better fighter than Danny.
>Iron Fist fans have mentioned this multiple times
>Instead of loving them both as two distinct characters, they will now be continually pitted against each other by people that don't really care about either character and just do it to score woke points.

Sigh.

>
Isn't IP man himself rumoured to be his dad?

You'd probably be surprised by the sheer amount of Kung-Fu based characters made around that time.

Do you think Volture had wings of his own?
You think Mysterio was actually a magic user?
And we have seen the realms in the MCU.

Moviefags are the worst

What are the odd that Disney/Marvel will hire an actual martial artist for the roll, and have decent choreography, and not just blurry out of focus 2 second cut fights?

I'm pretty sure those were shills.

don't worry, user. i'll try and remember you when i shit on casuals.

They hired him already and he is a martial artist.

>Iron Fist is a cooler version of him, and we all know how that went.

the show flopped because it was low budget, poorly written, poorly acted trash headed by Scott Buck.

Iron Fist is a great character that could've held his own film.

>Wanted Ludi Lin
>Got an ugly literal who
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tony Leung was cast instead

Ludi Lin comes across as a foreigner rather than Asian American that the film is making Shang-Chi out to be

>Awkwafina

Why is she in everything Asian related lately?

Is he actually gonna be AA? Will this finally shut up AAIronFist? Oh, who am I kidding. Of course, it won't.

Shang Chi film was planned since 2006 along other films like Doctor Strange and Iron Fist.
Problem is Perlmutter took Iron Fist for Netflix.

Why does Perlmutter ruin everything he touches ?