Tell me how this is good character design?

Attached: ORIONcolor.jpg (1049x1359, 171K)

Based Jack Kirby.

Attached: 4c5a32ec14778e942281a496c6b975ad.jpg (1024x1549, 478K)

>Simple design and color scheme that is both minimalist enough to not be visually disorienting, whilst also breaking up the colors nicely to stop it all from blending together
>Shows off his muscular physique, indicating he's a powerhouse
>Helmet's design is both an indicator of his otherworldly origins and makes him instantly recognizable and pass the silhouette test
Add onto this that Orion is usually paired with his Astro-Harness and you've got a pretty effective design. Based Kirby delivers once again.

It's better than the shitty motorcycle jacket design he has nowadays.

Is this the new "hurr durr omnipotent doom" posting? why does this thread need to be reposted every 18 minutes?

its recognizable and simple.

It's just Ant-Man? Slightly altered helmet but yeah

his helmet is cool
other wise...its not a particularly good costume...it only works when he has his astro harness on

I think his helmet's relative complexity compared to the rest of his costume also emphasizes the fact he's wearing at all. Most New Gods don't wear masks or anything like that so it makes you wonder why Orion in particular would hide his face, even though he uses Mother Box to change his ugly appearance it's like another layer I think. It also recalls warriors and knights, showing how Orion's warlike demeanor is different from the other, more peaceful New Gods. So it sets him apart too.

It was created by kirby, therefore it is perfect

>uh huh Kirby perfect
You know he had some bad designs, just like every other talanted artist?

Attached: tumblr_inline_nzrft4fkQS1rmv4ok_1280.png (577x563, 187K)

Same artist even

Attached: 3dc7d5f8140bea41012706a8755703aa.jpg (480x750, 82K)

He looks better with the scooter.

But that's not a bad design, just a generic one for a throwaway villain

Jack Kirby drew it and you can't criticise greedy Jewish daddy if you like comics

Defend this shit. Ugly helmet, ugly colours and no central theme or cohesion...

Attached: Hawkman01_CVR_5aa86f9581a632.45727071 (2).jpg (757x1200, 478K)

the villain is generic and throwaway because of the bad design

the villain is generic and throwaway because he was only intended to be the bad guy of the week and never revisited

Why doesn everyone hates orion and got even ommitted for new gods movie.

Most do wear headgear of some kind. Darkseid has his helm as does Barsa, Scott his mask, Metron and Lightray have cowls, while Desaad is hooded. Kanto wears a hat. All the forever people bar Seriphan, who wears a cowboy hat, and dreamer, wear some sort of kirby head gear.

Jack Kirby has cool drawing but he has some sucky designs. Someone post the original design for Black Racer

its not

Kirby is the best one

He looks like an extra buff Ant-Man

What exactly is wrong with it?

Orion looks weird and cool and futuristic when he's got his astro-harness on, but without it he looks like a fucking dork.

Attached: OrionConceptDarwing[1].jpg (675x891, 542K)

the astro harness is hands down one of my favorite designs and i don't fucking get why people call it "goofy" or "lame"

Ok dumb dumb, but does their headgear conceal their faces

Because normalfags don't actually give a shit about the medium or art.

Dare I say it? New Gods = pleb filter

People who criticize anything in capecomics as goofy are idiots.