So are they going to fix her character or just go full Captain Marvel with her

So are they going to fix her character or just go full Captain Marvel with her

Attached: 1CEAF216-BB6A-4E3C-9FF9-0CAF1A25A3A0.jpg (640x639, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-A0iftflme4
youtube.com/watch?v=QS8bma7LRX4
twitter.com/CinemaScore/status/1104240936635121666
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably the latter.

>WE'VE GOT TO COMPETE WITH WONDER WOMAN DAMMIT

captain marvel was only bad because of brie larson yeah shes attractive but she gave a shit performance imo
ive enjoyed every other female characters but they havnt really had a movie just for them

The only good thing about Thor Ragnarok was that Natalie 'Dead Fish' Portman wasn't in it, and now they've ruined that too.

Nah, the script was really clumsy and heavy handed too. And it's very likely this will lean into it even harder.

>compete
Kek

This SJW push with whor will be the final nail in the coffin that kills the quipfests once and for all

Attached: 8841938F-D4A9-4423-A8C3-FB89EDF6645B.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

I don't mind this because Fat King Thor will probably give her powers on a whim instead of her dying of cancer

My theory is Jane got the pieces of the hammer back from that cliff and send them to Valkyrie to fix it or something.
Either way i think by the end Thor will get the hammer back (maybe they will use it together or something) and stormbreaker will be passed down to BRB.

Watched it last week and i went in with the slight hope that Brie Larson triggered incels so badly that they overreacted.
It's so fucking bad. Doesn't even feel like that standard marvel movie, it's outright bad. Even the humor completely missed the target.

MCU has been pretty great so far, so I see no problem with this.
But didn’t mjonir break?

>incels
Shouldnt you worship this movie then?

Attached: 57484AD8-60A5-45B7-99C4-134A5CFF95A9.png (227x228, 91K)

On the contrary I thought she did an amazing job

.25 cents has been deposited into your account

You can aknowledge some people act retarded, that some media have an agenda to push and have at least a decent taste, all at once.
Surprising, I know.

Betting that Valkyrie and Jane will end up together.
I hope they add in Beta Ray Bill though

>If you disagree with me you're a paid shill
I wonder what it's like walking around with an eco chamber inside your brain

Fuck I was hoping Natalie Portman hated being in the MCU and we’d avoid this.

Mantis and Shuri are still going to be the only females with actual personalities beyond "ACTION GURL" in the MCU

>If you disagree with me you're a paid shill
More like your mannerisms scream shill and even if you arent youre extremely pathetic for holding those shit opinions

My mannerisms? I gave my opinion (which I'm entitled to) You're entitled to yours but you're acting like your feelings are the objective standard which is actual shill behavior.

>Muh submissive waifu trope
You got baited hard

Your opinion is one of a mindless drone whos forcefeed opinions by corporations like disney. If you honestly thought bries acting was okay then youre an idiot and the type of person the NPC meme was based around.

>eco chamber

Attached: tumblr_oejspcCocO1tx0eb6o1_500.jpg (500x731, 123K)

I can't wait for Thor 5 to just be called "THORS" and be an MCU adaptation of that secret wars COPS style comic.

Cheers for sharing your opinion; you are entitled to it, along with your awfully unstable mental state.

>open your eyes sheeple
Oh my fucking god what a retard.

And the villains were boring shit. And there was zero tension.

>have a perfect opportunity to have Thor go on an adventure with Beta Ray Bill and Sif
>instead bring back Natalie "I'm too good for this shit until I realize how much money it makes" Portman

Attached: Real tired of your bullshit.jpg (1000x711, 174K)

>Natalie Portman
>Literally the single worst thing about the first two Thor films
>The one thing that's involvement made them utter trash
>Getting it's own film
This goes beyond "Nobody asked for this" level of a bad idea, god I hope it's a catstrophe.

This is Marvel, nothing can stop them anymore.

>marvel drone calling others retarded
Oh the irony

>yeah shes attractive
stop

that's a shame i really did not like natalie portman in thor

Oh, you could have said you were a sad DCfag to begin with, it is not like it wasn't already clear, little mentally ill worm.

Fix what? Fix what? You can't fix shit. Shit is inherently not for fixing. You flush it and move on.

>captain marvel was only bad because of brie larson

No, but she was about 80% of the badditude.

What exactly made you think that, shillanon?

Still better than a penny slot.

Whore.

>Shuri
>Submissive

Keep your fantasies out of this please, it is already pretty bad.

Sounds stupid

Maybe.... MAYBE... Portman will only play Jane Foster but Whor will be played by another, bigger actress!

It's really the script and direction at fault there.
She can actually act, if directed competently. Not sure if she has a heroic performance in her, but at the very least she can move her face like a human being
Also the script was rushed, barely comprehensible shit that completely botched motives for her as a character.
YT channel Filmento has made a video on how CM fails in terms of character themes and proper structure. And a video about how Alita managed to carry a movie with no actual plot structure on nothing but how much everyone loves the protagonist, and how that effect is achieved.
It's more or less the blue print for what to do with Captain Marvel in order to make people like her.
Pro Tip: It's basically Steve Rogers in First Avenger.

>Jane Foster Whor instead of having Beta Ray Bill

Attached: 1487509617552.jpg (351x351, 22K)

If they got, I forget her name, lady knight from game of thrones and chrome trooper, to play her then it might be redeemable.

Only virgins know who Beta Boy Bill is.

Capeshit is retarded, i just hate disney. Stay mad marvel cuck.

Probably about what's gonna happen.
They won't do the retarded cancer plot because it's boring, convoluted and illogical to the point that your average audience member will complain about it.
My guess is that her turning up is what gets Thor out of his funk and back into shape, featuring a hilarious montage of swinging dummy hammers like a skipping rope, and bench pressing cars or some shit while wearing some pink 80s gym bunny gear he got from Carol or something.

Gwendoline Christie... 6'3" of statuesque blonde loveliness.

She'd have made an awesome Valkyrie instead of that pipsqueak Thompson.

(She's 5'4". What the hell, guys. What the hell.)

*Only virgins do not know who Beta Ray Bill is

ftfy.

So full of bitter hatred. Yes, we are sad at some bad movies, but you seem sad with life itself.

Oh I forgot pic.
>TFW I'm still bigger than she is
>Hodor

Attached: Gwen.jpg (1000x1503, 247K)

>or just go full Captain Marvel with her
You are aware that Movie Carol is better than Comics Carol, right? They actually fixed her.

It wasn't bad.

She hated being in shit movies.

Nebula has been pretty great in terms of character writing, I think. Yes, she is a girl who does action, but she is an obviously broken husk of a person when we first meet her, hell bent on achieving her revenge on those she believes wronged her.
Her growth and renewed appreciation of life has been pretty well executed for an eternal second banana type character.

I'm hoping that the titty can direct her into a competent performance with shit to do, and a fun movie around it.
Not saying she was good in the first Thor movies, but almost nothing about them was beyond mediocre, and she had absolutely no way to shine through the grey, dull sfx mess.

I'd guess they'll fix the character. They've had plenty of experience to know what to do and not do to ruin a character. And I imagine Portman herself wouldn't be too keen to return if they were going to just give her a dull role anyways.
Other things to consider is stuff like Mjolnir is dead so how she becomes a Thor will have to be different, and Thor himself isn't unworthy even though he lost some confidence in himself. Oh and Odin is dead so no annoying quarrel between them and shit.
Pretty much have a completely blank slate to work with, they can just explore what it means for people in the MCU to be worthy, especially if they're going to finally put in Bill this time.

Attached: ride the horse.png (500x307, 253K)

>statuesque loveliness
Have you heard her laugh? It's like someone let in a herd of donkeys. Cute in a dorky way, but it really dispels any perception of her as dignified or larger than life.
So she'd fit fight in at the table of the Thunder God.

It's called Love and Thunder.
It's gonna be an 80s romcom with gods in the lead roles.

I really don't want Natalie Portman to come back as Jane. Lady Thor can still appear, but have a new character fill that role. Hell, bring back Sif for it. Or better yet, create an original character for Thor to act as a daughter figure for him. Maybe Maisie Williams can be Lady Thor. Daughter of Thunder

Hoping for Beta Ray Bill

Its gonna end like shazam, jane and thor back to back and powered against whatever bland villain they are fighting

But with ironic music.

Ah, so they want a financial bomb.

But will it bring forth Kid Loki?

>You are aware that Movie Carol is better than Comics Carol, right? They actually fixed her.

Weak bait, mate.

And who could that even be... the Frost Giants, Dark Elves and Fire Giants are no longer a concern. (That last bit kind of puts paid to any Beta Ray Bill-related story unfortunately... unless Surtur is not dead, of course.)
Odin is dead, Hela is dead, Loki is dead, most Asgardians are dead, the Destroyer is junk, Asgard was annihilated and the remnants live in a miserable fishing village, so if the Mangog appears it will only be to laugh heartily.

Perrikus? The Dark Gods? An evil mirror image of all Asgard venerated?

Once, they were not unlike Asgard, until Hela - Odin's executioner - overran and destroyed most of them, and imprisoned those she could not in a dark under-realm. Now she is dead, they are released... but after thousands of years, they have becone cruel and bitter monsters.

Regrettably Cap Mar was not a bomb. Although why not, I for the life of me cannot comprehend.

No. That would be giving pathetic nerds what they want.

chances that whor will return in comics and they push her instead of carol?

Attached: 1551803272129.jpg (610x693, 69K)

Loki will die at the end of his movie and revive as Kid Loki, who will get a TV series.

I was hoping for Herc.

Attached: Incredible Thorcules and Alflyse.jpg (1782x1920, 486K)

Gorr

Alf a good.

Attached: Alflyse marriage.jpg (1062x649, 239K)

Loki isn't getting a movie, it's a series on Disney+

Does it matter?

If he does get in hed be used as a lesson for thor to realize how obnoxious and misogynistic he was.

Ok. I'll admit I get most of my info from Yea Forums, but wasn't Woman Thor comic incredibly poorly received and widely disliked? Like it was the go to comic for shitting on Marvel at the time and the general poor state of the industry often having pages and parts posted just to demonstrate how bad things were.

Whor actually sold a lot.

Well damn. I really don't know what the average joe likes.

Right now? They like Immortal Hulk.

but none of that matters in the mcu. the average mcu fan will think it's the best thing ever.

Waititi could make it work.

Has Natalie Portman ever done a scenery chewing role?

She either does arthouse films where she seems to give a shit or she sleepwalks her way through a film and blames the script.

>"my lines were terrible in Star Wars!!!!"

Everyone's lines were terrible in the prequel trilogy but you still had lots of people who performed their best. Does anyone hate on Ewan, Christopher Lee, SLJ for their performances?

>tfw they make it where Portman turns into Hemsworth when she picks up the hammer.

this would be hilarious.

>yfw u will never havea cute dark elf gf

Attached: +_e417aab4e8dbb5e9de12acd3f6e9a1a7.jpg (326x306, 20K)

Didn't she used to hate doing the Thor movies? Like even refusing to show up in some of the crossovers because she hated them.

>>WE'VE GOT TO COMPETE WITH WONDER WOMAN DAMMIT

When will this mindset die. They dont need to be WW to be a good character

Ulik

But he's already got what he wants. Plus gods are not all over the place like in the comics. The Asgardians don't even make claims to godhood.

It's a pain.

Attached: Alflyse grapes.png (450x550, 445K)

Why wouldn't you trust Taika?

This is the most likely scenario. Portman is too much of a 'serious actress' to embrace this entirely or even successfully. If they were truly serious about replacing Thor it would be Sif's actress over Portman.

>>Natalie Portman
>>Literally the single worst thing about the first two Thor films
This. Come on guys. You have been shitting on her for years. Everyone laughed at her non appearance in End Game. And now all the sudden people are acting like they were always in full support of this shit? You people change your tune the moment you feel It represents a different agenda.

Who's supporting it? Everybody here hates it.

>tfw no movie about Herc, Thor, and Bill dicking around in space
Why live?

Attached: 102932103.jpg (746x982, 139K)

The closest is Star Wars and Annihilation, which was less scenery chewing as what the fuck. She perfers stuff like Black Swan.

Right? everybody can be Thor and use his shit and be king of kingdom. They continue to cuck Thor.

hell they'll probably have Thor give her Stormbreaker and decide to stop being Thor so she can take over.

There are three types of people here: People who hate this and people who are wallowing in the delicious schadenfreude, and finally people who don't give a fuck either way and may think Taika can pull this rabbit out of his hat.

is it too much to ask that she pick me up in her arms, pin me against a wall and rape me with a strap on?

Hemsworth is back for Thor? Great.
Good to know where the priorities lie.
Portwoman > Hemsworth

Hemsworth was announced to be returning for Thor 4 already. That's how we knew there would be a Thor 4 in the first place.

Probably. When she's done with me she will be rather exhausted.

>Implying she couldn't easily handle both of you

Hey, I can get fucked like a sissy bitch for extended amounts of time.

I thought Natalie Portman hated being in Thor. What happened? Did Disney back a dumptruck full of money up to her house or did she only hate the first movie because she was a supporting character?

The only good thing about this is how much it has triggered all of the incels on 4-chan.

She's Valkyrie now

Come on, user, we can ahegao peace sign together

They probably gave her a good script and a director who promised to let her do fun stuff.
It's amazing how convincing a pay check becomes when you also get to not be the most boring part of a shit movie.

>mfw it turns out to be a Shazam! type transformation. And the real Odinson is still with the Guardians.

Okay, sounds fun. You got her number?

>The problem was a pretty woman who can't act for shit, and they fix the problem by hiring Natalie Portman instead.

Attached: 1522570186899.png (225x227, 119K)

>both are Oscar winners.
even the whitest of white guys know that they could act. give it up Yea Forums

Yeah, she got an Oscar for being pretty, not for good acting.

Nah, but if we break into her house I figure there's an 80% chance she'll catch us and rape us both if my anime doujins are any indication

Better bring the equipment, though.
In case she doesn't have any around.

i hope the movie is genuinely good if only for people to get that it's not sexist to dislike brie larson or captain marvel and that other female heroes can perform well but captain marvel is utter shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=-A0iftflme4
youtube.com/watch?v=QS8bma7LRX4

I love how Hollywood ridicules the intelligence of women by making a female character that is 100% defined by her relationship to her male counterpart. If they did it with a male character then nobody would take it seriously. Just imagine a male tomb raider, would be a laughing stock while women fall for this

>a male tomb raider
Worked for Nathan Drake.

Nathan drake is in the uncharted series of video games. Not tomb raider, different universe and different game.

If they do that then my faith in the MCU will be restored.

they'd see it as an indiana jones clone.

>Held Thor's hammer.
>Wasn't Thor.

Explain this, Marvel Zombies

Attached: Superman_0119.jpg (535x780, 197K)

Whomsoever take up this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the POWER OF THOR

I could have sworn Portman hated working on the marvel films... I guess Marvel payed her a ton to come back

The production of Dark World was a disaster. Both she and Hopkins were turned off by the bts problem. Hopkins only came because there was a new director. Portman probably is coming back for the same reason.

ok but is best girl back?

Attached: kat dennings E1fz0qB4_o.jpg (680x1024, 149K)

Fucking explicit with the fucking israel propaganda now, huh.

So Steve Rogers is now Thor?

God I hope so

>incels
Is this a real thing or are you just using an overused meme?

No, Thor is Thor.

And Thor is Jane?

No, Jane is Jane.

And Jane is Thor?

No. Jane is Jane, Donald Blake is Thor and Eric Masterson is Thunderstrike.

i'm actually really worried because we spent 10 fucking years to get to cap just HOLDING mjolnir and it was the most desperate hour with the fate of the entire universe hanging in the balance, and now literally who jane is going to be the entire god of fucking thunder after having ZERO worthy feats/teases in 2 movies that will have been ten years before thor4 comes out

there's 0 chance they're going to give her cancer like in the comic books, so wtf is she going to do to be able to become a god

Attached: 1428421218557.gif (479x349, 876K)

>there's 0 chance they're going to give her cancer
But Portman looks like she has cancer already.

MCU is only able to write the same like 2 female characters. Waititi is dorecting so maybe things will be different.

she unironically has bigger arms than sticc gadot. but she won't even work out like any of the marvel chris' either, so what's the point.

honestly i'm very confused why they're bringing her back, after how she was after thor 2

I don't support Portman, but Waika is the only director I can think of who can handle the premise of "Lady Thor" in a way that'll satisfy most people, where the concept is both played straight but also lambasted throughout the film.

Portman was an OG SJW I doubt they are gonna fix anything. Probably make it 10x worse.

I"m betting that she does.a magical girl transformation when she grabs Thor's hammer.

So who's the Egg man?

Robotnik

And I am the Walrus?

Even to this day Marvel STILL hasn't convinced anyone that calling Jane "Thor" wasn't a stupid idea. They have characters point it out constantly, and yet have zero counterargument to justify the stupid marketing ploy

>go full Captain Marvel
You mean be wildly successful while triggering incel snowflakes?

Attached: 1563699456610.jpg (1030x750, 87K)

This is a joke right

As long as young and old white virgins are complaining about it, they can go either way for me.

the hammer is DESTROYED. it's gone forever, people online are already forgetting that because the sites/social media are having pictures of comic jane thor but mjolnir no longer exists in the films

If you're Paul or that guy from Tusk, sure.

Less that she hated them, and more that she didn't want to do MCU movies where she was just the damsel in distress side character when she could be doing title billing on her own movies elsewhere. She wanted to make her own acting career happen rather than just coast on MCU exposure.

Count your blessings people. MCU Thor has always been shit, and the ONE good thing to not be tarnished is based Bill

Attached: MCU Beta Ray Bill.jpg (900x1161, 259K)

Not really

what if Thor 5 is called Thor Wars

Honestly though, wasn't that because it was the interim film between Infinity War and Endgame. IW even hinted that Cap. Marvel would be important.
Sure, people saw it but they didn't like it. Can you tell me what was good about this movie?

>Sure, people saw it but they didn't like it
twitter.com/CinemaScore/status/1104240936635121666
COPE

Eternals will introduce more God-level characters for him to be butthurt about.

>her tits are worthy of the hammer
I was actually hoping the busted Mjolnir chunks would come up again.
If you lift it the little chunks float around the hammer on sparks of lightning and she can shoot them like little mjolnir bullets

Attached: hela breaks mjolnir.gif (260x146, 911K)

Why is she back? Pissed that Ragnarok was well received and she didn't get a slice of the pie? They better bring back Kat Dennings so i can stare at her rack.

Attached: images (1).jpg (271x186, 8K)

I saw it last week and I feel like it was more of a directing problem. The action was terrible and everybody except Jackson felt really dry. Script was rough too. I can't pin the shittiness of Captain Marvel on Larson.

Ragnarok, IW and EG Thor were good, Beta boy.

>having shit taste
It was great especially the action.

All of the pieces of Mjolnir were just left on Earth on that one cliff. There are Asgardians chilling on Earth not too far from there.

Getting the hammer repaired won't take much of a stretch. It might have a couple of crossed wired on account of being broken and put back together, but thats just a source of comedy.

Superman was allowed to wield it by command of Thor himself. (Read the mini, it is good).

On a different note: Several people have hefted the hammer without gaining the powers; for instance Superman and Captain America.
However, when Wonder Woman lifted it, she also got the poiwer of Thor.

Attached: Hammer time.jpg (444x640, 93K)

The Eternals never lorded it over mortals.

Imbecile.

>yeah shes attractive
Hahaha
No

Attached: 1542211850455.gif (300x200, 1.39M)

Thor also just kinda gave the throne of asgard to a literally who, so there’s a precedent already

Cope

Brie Larson has been good in other things, I’m more inclined to say it’s a failing of direction. I think if they had gotten a good performance out of her it would have been a much much better movie.

I have a lot of faith in Thor, look what that director was able to do with the franchise, it’s still the same actor but the difference between Thor before and after Ragnarok is tremendous, they made him interesting just by better directing and giving the actor more freedom

Jane's Thor helmet is cool.

no way in hell Padame will allow her super important beautiful Academy Award-winning face be covered. Only unimportant never-where stunt people wear costumes that hide their faces.

Captain Marvel cranked up to 11.

But Brie was great in Captain Marvel too and the movie was amazing.

I didn’t even say it was a bad movie, just that a better director would have gotten a lot more out of those actors

The worthiness enchantment being broken when they fix it is the only way I can buy fucking movie Jane being able to lift it

1) She was an Asgardian Valkyrie and older than him by a wide margin.
2) Throne? There might be a chair of some sort involved, but...

Attached: Old vs New.png (1280x1084, 2.47M)

in thor's defense, there is a 5 year gap between IW and EG, so valkyrie could've stepped up in leadership while thor was on his downward spiral

but jane has done NOTHING

Saying it doesn't make it true. That movie suffered.

Have sex.

I bet they go even more SJW and imply that she IS Thor when she has that power, making her some kind of tranny.

Natalie Portman must suck a mean dick, because she sure as shit isn't being hired for her acting skills

>Thor
>A boring mess of a film from back when these movies relied on the novelty of Marvel characters being in a movie
>Thor 2
>A boring mess of a film that ruined one of my favorite Marvel villains by making him a Star Trek villain
>Thor: Ragnarok
>An insufferable boner comedy that just wanted to be Guardians of the Galaxy and switched tones almost at random

I am just happy I can convince myself not to watch this one since it is an adaptation of the arc that ruined the comics for me for years by the director of my least favorite Marvel movie.

do you fags seriously believe Natalie Portman can't act?

Attached: 35590-JackieMovie.1200w.tn.jpg (1200x627, 73K)

Probably the latter.

Depends...are we gettinng Kat Dennings back too?

Natalie Portman was the worst part of the Thor movies though. Even the old man was more interesting than her. Even her normalfag friend was more interesting than her. She is a terrible lead. Recast her. Blame Endgame shenanigans,.

No. I just believe she is terrible in these movies and doubt that'll change.

>I'm a senator
She is pretty awful. Not Brie Larson awful and definitely not Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique awful. But pretty awful.

She was atrocious in the Thor films. As we saw both in Thor 3 and Endgame you really dont need her to make thor not-gay. Thor can just have fun by himself jesus christ stop marrying every superhero we dont need to marry the superheroes and take up precious time with weak (but not too weak) women who will save the day at the end.
The female audience sure as shit doesn't care about portman being in a thor film. The male audience doesnt give two fucks unless you see her stunt double ass like in YOUR HIGHNESS.
oh she was in that fucking awful film.

How many final nails does this coffin need, exactly?

Her career is dead and she wants to hop back onto the MCU train.

How much of this is her demanding to fulfill the third movie in a contract she tried to get out of

WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE

You could have also said this about Rocket and Groot a few years ago.
Now all the normies know who they are.

Is she is gonna have cancer in the movie.