Why didn't DC create an actual elseworld story about this version of Redhood?

Why didn't DC create an actual elseworld story about this version of Redhood?

Seems like you could do a lot with a heroic Joker.

Attached: JokerRedhood.jfif.jpg (480x269, 67K)

Bump.

Not visibly just the Joker so ●¤ #[÷@,/ /^>&* ^÷ ×]

They already have The Jokester.

A heroic Red Hood would be a heroic Jason Todd. Probably just named “Red”.

Because Elseworlds are for bored writers to chop the few characters editorial won't let them kill under normal circumstances into hamburger. No-one's interested in exploring the interesting stories and characters that can result in an alternate universe.

>Seems like you could do a lot
Like what?

Jason Todd is already heroic. In the context of the mirror universe Jason Todd would have started out evil under Owlman, been collateral damage in one of his fights with Redhood and been revived as a good guy.

It's a mirror universe where bad guys are good and good guys are bad. Imagine Joker being framed for Owlman's crimes, sent to Arkham by a corrupt court and having to escape without actually going insane.

Eh. He’s more of antihero Punisher, so I’ll give you that in the mirror universe he’d be an anti villain.

I dunno, unless we're talking crimelord era Redhood I think Jason is pretty firmly chaotic good.

It'd be interesting seeing how Owlman treats his Robins.

this version of Red Hood was actually pretty awesome

It helped that Jeff Benette had a really underrated Joker voice.

That's a good point: I barely ever see them using The Jokester.

Why not explore more with him of what a heroic Joker could do?

They probably don’t think it would sell.
The only real way to do anything with him is to set a series on Earth 3.

Well, okay chaotic good, but that’s still “chaotic”.

As for Owlman and his “Robins”, that would be interesting. But I’d like to see the hero version of Mister Freeze who should definitely be named Mister Zero.

I imagine Owlman would treat his "Robins" like assistants or cadets, or maybe as a brute labour.

Imagine a good aligned Harley done well. Helps Redhood break out because he's been falsely imprisoned.

>It's a mirror universe where bad guys are good and good guys are bad. Imagine Joker being framed for Owlman's crimes, sent to Arkham by a corrupt court and having to escape without actually going insane.
Okay, you got me. I would absolutely LOVE this if it was kind of a One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest type of deal.

I thought he was in the brink of going insane and kept his sanity thanks to his will

If we assume Owlmans “it doesn’t matter” sums up his entire character and he’s very Machiavellian than I would have to agree

Went kind of insane.

Didn’t the Jokester die though?

The last thing we really need is ANOTHER fucking Joker story.

They are already doing a heroic joker - and since fucking writers are just like dogs, wanting to piss all over everyone else to mark their own shit, of course that person wasn't interested in using someone else's idea.