Thoughts on phase 4 (without the tv shows)

thoughts on phase 4 (without the tv shows)

Attached: 1563676314145.png (2000x800, 542K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1079147542267551750
deadline.com/2019/07/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-scott-derrickson-benedict-cumberbatch-1202649951/
youtube.com/watch?v=HNnCL0q3EuI&pbjreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=sfp7IZghgOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not interested at all desu. Endgame was the last marvel movie I wanted to see. If anything, I'll go see GOTG3 but that's it.

All the other movies are direct to dvd tier movies. Will watch on disney+ eventually

>Captain Marvel 2
FUCK YEAH
>rest
meh

The only thing im interested is fan4.
They're gonna do something like make mr fantastic black
then i wont be interested in fan4.

I'm fucking excited. My most hyped phase since 2.

this, but exactly the opposite

Excited for Strange 2, maybe Blade, F4, and Mutants.

Rest can be thanos snapped and the MCU would be better for it. Especially Thor.

Blade and Doctor Strange are the only ones I am curious in. They ruined Thor 4 with it being a love triangle thing instead of Point Break with Silver Surfer.

Attached: 1519252487000.jpg (784x1200, 155K)

Hype for Shang Chi

This is gonna be good.

I wonder what they mean to imply with "Multiverse of Madness." Shuma Gorath maybe? Dormammu?

Most excited to least excited

>Fantastic Four
>Blade
>Mutants
>Doctor Strange 2
>Eternals
>Shang-Chi
>Gotg 3
>Black Widow
>FemThor
>Black Panther 2
>Captain Marvel 2

where are the x-men, the fantastic 4 and the inhumans?

>and the legend of the 10 rings
>in the multiverse of madness
>love and thunder
These are unironically kino titles. Post-Endgame MCU is going to be amazing.

>incels STILL seething

Attached: 1560349969474.jpg (933x296, 181K)

I don't particularly care that they made Thor a woman, but Natalie Portman has literally no presence in any of the Thor movies

Soon

Attached: Scott_Lang_(Earth-199999)_from_Ant-Man_and_the_Wasp_(film)_promo_art_001.jpg (266x441, 36K)

Blade won't be worth shit unless they bring back Snipes.

based and anthilled

Attached: mfw ants.png (250x250, 45K)

Literally this.
>Laziest Endgame cameo to the point where they reused a deleted scene just for her appearance like the post credits of Deadpool 2

>fuck yeah tier
F4
Doctor Strange

>excited
Thor 4
Shang Chi
Mutants

>cool
BP 2
Captain Marvel
Guardians

>honestly not sure
Eternals
Blade

>don't really care
Black Widow

all in all, a solid lineup.

>Ant-Man Spider-Man team up never ever ever

Attached: 1561869697595.png (700x700, 352K)

Blade won’t have Snipes. Word is that Marsh Ali got the role

I really really want Shang Chi. Iron Fist was so god damn bad

I haven no problem with that

Looks pretty good, all things considered.
Good mix of old heroes and new ones. I like that they're still going into some fairly new territory with Eternals and Shang Chi.
Dr Strange 2 is going to be a joy, since it'll probably just be a series of what-ifs
I'm curious how Black Widow will have an effect on the rest of the MCU. Maybe they reveal she was, in fact, brought back to life at the post-credits scene
Ali as Blade is a good choice but I hope Snipes gets his due, he needs to pay those taxes
I'm curious how they'll handle Mutans and F4. I wonder if they'd be ballsy enough to keep the work Fox has done on them and sort of introduce it as an extension of the new timeline in Dark Phoenix

Who?

really hope thor is much less cosmic and much more mystic
the title looks like it, but then again Ragnork had Ragnork in the name and was mostly Planet Hulk with Thor as the MC

Wtf is mutants?

Notice both mcu and cw tv dc are going diversity.

>Natalie Portman
I don't get why they brought her back, didn't she hated taking part in Thor 1 and completely phoned in her performance for Thor 2?

Second MCU lead Oscar winner after Brie
But he's got TWO

I just want really good hand-to-hand action choreography for once

Black Widow prob a clone or lmd.

I don't watch movies so I don't care.

Cottonmouth from Netflix Luke Cage

also voiced Prowler from Spiderverse

Blade and Thor are the only real things I'm interested in. I'll pirate Fantastic 4 for a laugh because I want to see another fantastic four flop.

>MCU post-Avengers
>flop
choose one and only one

Well in the comics there are other Black Widows so maybe it's about the one Natasha was training

Hyped as fuck for every single one of these movies, except for maybe CM2. Honestly I'm more interested in that just to see more of cosmic Marvel but the first movie in and of itself was just okay.

There are two ways they can go about it, make a super generic and safe F4 movie so that everyone can finally go "oh hey, a decent F4 movie" or do something really wacky, which they just might now that we are in the post-Endgame MCU

>Eternals
>Doctor Strange
>GoG
>Thor

I'm excited for these, everything else is uncertain

when is best girl getting a movie?

Attached: khaaaaaaaaaan!.jpg (600x300, 41K)

Really? Just "Mutants"?

I only care for GOTG3 and Dorctor Strange.
I am curious about Blade, F4 and Mutants because they have potential and could bring something fresh to the MCU.
But the rest just doesn't seem to be that interesting.

>Thor
I'm really skeptical about Natalie Portman returning given her past performances and thoughts on the Thor movies and the MCU.

Maybe they will rework the whole Xmen concept.
I mean the only way i could see that story working in the MCU is if something really shitty happens and people start hating super powered individuals, and then suddenly a lot of people start getting mutant powers.

>Blade Widow
Literally don't give a fuck. Endgame was a solid sendoff to her and this is pointless
>Eternals
Don't know
>Shang-Chi
Don't know
>Doctor Strange
Excited
>Thor
Was excited until I saw they are bringing Portman back
>Blade
Could be good. Great casting
>Fantastic 4
Hopefully fourth time's the charm
>BB2
Don't care
>GOTG 3
Super exited. Endgame left the Gamora plotline unfinished and I feel like this good be a great ending to the GOTG trilogy
>Captain Marvel
Fuck off
>Mutants
Hopefully they let someone other than Wolerine do something

>Hopefully fourth time's the charm
It's the fifth
and they already nailed it the first time

I'm more interested in the TV shows

Fantastic Four
X-Men
Spider-Man 3
Blade
Thor 4
Strange 2
Maybe GOTG

Everything else can go shit in a hat

I understand that everyone wants Snipes as Blade but he is too old for that shit now

whats mutants?

Exactly how much longer is this joke going to remain funny for you

A way for them to make an X-Men movie and not have it be associated with Fox-Men.

Hey, how about the next movie of Spider-Man?

Strange > everything else.

I might be interested in Blade as well tho.

epic

Like all movies that aren't mainline avengers, I'll probably see them when they come out on video, either renting them off apple tv or pirating them

Are any of them gonna have quips? Do all mcu movies have quips?

>Dormammu

He is already been done though

Why is it called Mutants?

Did Marvel forget tehy can use the name X men now?

raimi spiderman

this but also with avengers and just the first two neither of which were worth the time to watch

It's showtime

Attached: images.jpg (250x222, 20K)

Nightmare

X-Men is sexist

Carolfags really need to stop overcompensating

see

Disney really hates Thor. Dude had one good movie and was great in one Avenger movie. Everything else is shit including his life.

are you blind?

NO SPIDER-MAN???!!!!

What happened to DEADPOOL.

I guess they are probably gonna make a pre X men era movie and then introduce nu Xmen in Phase 5

Wait for the Disney+ announcement

BW movie takes place during the two years between Civil War and Infinity War. She teams up with & trains Yelena Belova (Florence Pugh) as the "next" Black Widow. Based on Pale Little Spider miniseries.

She want that new Marvel millionaire money.

They have to figure things out with Sony first

-God Tier-
Doctor Strange 2
Shang-Chi

-High Tier-
Blade

-Mid Tier-
Eternals
Black Widow

-Low Tier-
Thor 4

-I don't care Tier-
Disney+

>Mutants
So, the Sjw won?

Introducing Fox characters.

Guardians 3 and Dr Strange 2 are what I'm most interested in. I really hope Shang-Chi and Blade are good.

>Black Widow
Nah
>Eternals
>Nah
>Shang-Chi
Maybe
>Doctor Strange
Yes
>Thor
Extremely Yes
>Blade
Yes
>Fantastic Fout
Yes
>Black Panther
No
>Guardians 3
Extremely yes
>Captain Marvel 2
No
>Mutants
Maybe

What the fuck are they thinking with Thor's replacement?

They said it was gonna be horror. If they mean Lovecraftian, then they have to mean Shuma-Gorath

Can we get an X-men movie where an ensemble is done properly?

Where does new mutants fit in?

The fact that they brought back Portman makes me livid.

Where are people getting "Mutants" from?

Perhaps they want to expand on more characters than just the x-men?

Fiege said a bunch of stuff and mutatns was coming, like "Guardians 3, Black Panther and Captain Marvel 2, Fantastic Four, and Mutants!"

imagine if they were like "fuck you" and did like 3 mutant movies, X-Men, X-Force, Wolverine, Deadpool 3

well this chart is new the old one didnt have the tba stuff

>Mahershala Ali is Blade.
N'ah senpai. Wesley Snipes is Blade. At least get someone who could look somewhat comic accurate. Shit, I'd have gone for Michael Ealy if they weren't going to try and get Snipes.

Attached: michaelealytea-IG.png (480x720, 481K)

Hemsworth will still be in the movie, but I honestly have no idea what they'll do, especially if Jane and Valkyrie are a thing

Honestly not even worth getting angry over and taking the faggot ass bait.

I have no interest in devolving into garbage like Kate bishop mocking Hawkeye and femthor. Fuck anyone interested in this I hope you spend you all pirate it.

Ironic Carolfags are just as annoying as unironic ones.

Oh, that makes sense, I thought they re branded the X-Men as Mutants or something

At least you're honest about it, Red Hat.

>Black Widow
>Eternals
>Shang Chi
That's a pretty risky streak, could they not get Dr Strange 2 in production earlier?

>Shang
>Strange 2
>Ragnarok 2
>BW
>Eternals

Hyped Tier
>Guardians Vol 3

Probably Seeing In Theaters Tier
>Dr. Strange 2
>Thor 4
>Black Panther 2

Interested Tier
>Blade
>Shang-Chi
>Eternals

Torrent Tier
>Black Widow

No Thanks Tier
>Captain Marvel

I'm not going to bother ranking the Fox stuff since they were basically non announcements. Blade at the very least gave us the lead. Lets be honest here, Phase 4 is just treading water until the X-men are properly in place, which I bet will be Phase 5.

Attached: Lonely Logan.jpg (478x698, 95K)

SEETHING

Attached: 1554831098260.jpg (618x577, 94K)

So who's the headliner now since RDJ's Tony is out of the universe?

twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1079147542267551750

Attached: 3Etq8ws.gif (250x334, 642K)

Whoever plays the leader of the X-Men (probably Cyclops or Wolverine)

I'll have to read that then

Spider-Man will definitely be the face of the MCU for the next few Phases until we get through the next "saga".
I don't imagine Chris Hemsworth, Chadwick Boseman, or the Guardians will still be part of the MCU past Phase 4. That only leaves Benedict Cucumberpatch and Brie to be the face of the MCU until Mutants/X-Men and FF4 take off and they can put all the focus on them instead.

They already tried that. Honestly they probably have enough """diversity""" in their other movies to allow normal casting

>Next face of the MCU is a character that Marvel Studios doesn't even have the movie rights to
Feels weird.

Maybe Ryan Reynolds?
With the nature of his character he's most flexible for jumping around various stories and explaining in a crazy way why they are part of the same universe, maybe.

Worse than bronies I see.

>let's overuse deadpool
literally the worst idea I've ever heard

>Captainin Marvel so shit in the public eye the 2 overtakes her name in the title card
Nice touch Disney.

>reaching this hard
>still made that CM made a billion dollars

DoA

Phase 7 most likely

Attached: 1563560887525.jpg (500x751, 89K)

In terms of star power in group films, probably Cumberbatch. Hemsworth is probably phasing out with Thor 4.

>trying so hard to shit on best girl you bash a fan logo
SAD

>deadline.com/2019/07/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-scott-derrickson-benedict-cumberbatch-1202649951/

>Olsen in Strange 2
>WandaVision ties in directly with the movie
WE CANON NOW

Here's a big question: what major event will they lead up to with these phases, if at all?
We already have Civil War and Infinity Gauntlet done, and since they intend to work in Mutants into this, maybe we'll see House of M?

>seething carolfags
Mmm

>Multiverse of Madness.
Okay I am interested.

Secret Invasion, Secret Wars, Dark Reign, etc.

>WandaVision is going to have a horror aspect
I'm really fucking curious
I'm actually pretty excited for the TV shows on the whole, they all sound like they'll be given HBO/movie tier focus and production.

based, he's good

Am I a joke to you?

Attached: DOOM.jpg (300x168, 9K)

They will bring him back.

NO ONE IS EVER REALLY GONE.

>I wonder if they'd be ballsy enough to keep the work Fox has done on them and sort of introduce it as an extension of the new timeline in Dark Phoenix
Dark Phoenix doesn't have a new timeline, and why call it "ballsy" when you mean "a stupid thing that's a big risk for no reason"?
Christ, it defeats the point of getting the property back if you just keep that shit continuity. There are 3 (three) good fox X-Men movies and a bunch of contrived shit.

>secret invasion
I don't know if we can do that anymore given Captain Marvel's outcome
>secret war
could be interesting but is that something you can 'build' to? I guess with The Eternals doing more cosmic stuff.
I don't know if they would want to do Secret Wars either unless they rewrite it to have actual themes and a bit more 'narrative merit' as it were
>Dark Reign
That could be interesting
I also realized they could just rewrite shitty events to be good.

Annihilation Wave.
It even comes as a threat to which even Carol would find difficult to manage alone due to sheer numbers and a excuse to involve the Fantastic Four.

Not to mention Cosmic X-Men are BEST X-Men. Too bad Fox X-Men are not part of the MCU, they were already setting up cosmic stories.

UNLIMITED CLONAGE

Attached: THE JACKAL.jpg (558x834, 95K)

I don't feel anything.
The writing has gone considerably worse with each movie, I frankly don't care.

Supposedly there won't be any crossover "Avengers" movies for awhile, I'm assuming not until 2024/25. We're going to be getting "Ragnarok" style movies of just two-three main heroes doing buddy-cop style flicks.

However I personally still think this could build up nicely into Avengers vs X-Men film at some point.

All action movies for the last 50 years have quips.

X

>Fantastic 4 free from Fox's hands
>Horror movie-esque Doctor Strange
>Fucking Blade

I can dig it. Give me a good Doom for once

>I don't know if we can do that anymore given Captain Marvel's outcome
I saw someone propose they they could kinda make Fury the bad guy. Like, as Mysterio points out, he's a very paranoid and dangerous man. Who also has an unknown number of Skrulls of agents. What if he decided he wanted some of the control he's lost back?

Long shot but not impossible. Within the realm of what the movies would call an adaptation of the comics.

>I don't know if we can do that anymore given Captain Marvel's outcome
But it's literally the exact setup for Secret Invasion from the comics?

>mulitverse horror strange
fuck yes I'm in

BUT WHERE ARE THE NEWS OF WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN AFTER #20 GODDAMNIT

honestly, the two carolfags on this board are hilarious in a sad way. keep it up! I always laugh.

>Black Widow
Could be good, but I definitly dont care about it as much as I do for the others
>Eternals
I truly wonder how theyll do it, not that excited but still curious about the choices theyre going to make
>Shang-Chi
now this is something else, also one of those things I never expected to see back at the earlier days and that is just exciting to me, always been a fan of the older shang chi comics, the choreography has to be good at least
>Doctor Strange
now this is epic, very excited, I dont thing the first film explored his full potential as a character and the full potential of his particular world in the mcu
>Thor
I was so excited when I read about this! And then I saw it really was natalie portman coming back! And I was a little disappointed!
>Blade
no idea really, but interested nonetheless
>Fantastic 4
Im very excited for this, I dont even care about the fantastic 4 in the comics, but of course this will be exciting, its the fifth time and it might just be the one, this will be marked down in history
>Black Panther 2
could be very good, namor is definitly gonna be in it, whether its the movie or another fucking ocean earthquake
>Guardians 3
probably the one Im most excited about, all that stuff, I always thought vol 2 was way better than vol 1 so I expect this to be the best one so far, but maybe it wont, thank god Gunn is here
>Captain Marvel 2

>Mutants
setting it up to be a big franchise, it doesnt even start with x-men, which is super cool, itd be terrible if one movie in there are mutants in the world and there already is an x-men group

Im very excited for this phase!!!

he'll be the comic relief pathetic male

Nope.

>twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1079147542267551750
lmao

>Im very excited for this phase!!!

the average disney drone everyone

So uh, your Captain Marvel 2 reaction, user?

there isnt one, thats the point

>Fantastic 4
I mean, they made people care for Strange, GotG and Black Panther, but they also played it super safe with Spiderman after getting the rights back.

They said she was eventually. They want to probably wank Captain Marvel for as much as they can first before introducing her

>super safe
Not being faithful to the comic is not what I would call safe, user.

Shit, Carol even has the same powerset and levels as Dick Rider had in the comics.

That Doctor Strange title makes me fucking cream. If the use of the "madness" means what I think it does, then we're in for some Cosmic Horror Shuma-Gorath craziness, and combine that with magical multiverse shenanigans, and you have a real roller coaster ride.

Attached: 1398798707417.jpg (535x798, 97K)

>No Spiderman.
Based Sony wins again.

It looks like the whole phase is just filler movies with B and C list characters until they bring in the Fantastic 4 and Xmen in phase 5. I honestly don't think this was a good business move for Marvel. They needed something big to follow Endgame to keep people hooked. I think a lot of people are going to drop off of following the MCU during phase 4.

This roster is only the first part of Phase 4

I assuming we can consider the illusion sequences in FFH to be some sort of teaser/tech demo/proof of concept to what we might be seeing in Strange.

>Black Widow
about time but I don't care anymore
>The Eternals
might be cool
>Shang-Chi
dunno anything about it but I'm hoping it's some wuxia shit
>Doctor Strange
hyped
>Thor
hyped
>Blade
marshmallow ali is my nigga cautiously hyped
>Fantastic 4
I dunno might be cool
>Black Panther 2
hopefully it's not boring as hell like the first one
>GotG 3
might be cool
>Captain Marvel 2
see Black Panther
>Mutants
don't know anything about this

>Hype tier
F4
Doctor Strange 2
Blade

>Cautiously optimistic
Shang-Chi
Thor 4
Black Panther 2
GOTG 3
X-Men reboot

>not interested
Eternals
Captain Marvel 2

>shouldn't exist tier
Black Widow

I think introducing whor is hilarious because that is certainly a death kneel for them, since i cant think if a dumber decision then to try and go in the direction of woke marvel. Im honestly triggered that blade is going to be ruined by the MCU though.

Attached: 44264FCE-AD1C-44A6-B53B-791FF9902513.jpg (559x617, 161K)

>No Spiderman
Just wait for him to appear on the Fantastic Four

I missed the early threads, will Hemsworth be on Thor 4 or he stays with the guardians while this is Valkyrie and Jane on Earth? I would actually prefer the later, I was really looking forward to a Thor/Guardians movie and don't want him ditching them already

>don't know anything about this
X-men

>Black Widow
There is still no reason for this film to exist, other than corporate ones. It's a Scarlett Johannson vehicle made seven fucking years too late that people were asking for just because Nat was the Smurfette of the MCU and not because she was terribly exciting character in her own right and now it's just a backdoor entrance for Black Widow 2.0 as well. Why is the next Captain America story a streaming show and not this? Kill me.
>The Eternals
I want to be optimistic, but Marvel will never do what I'd want them to do with the material. It's gonna be just sandpapered down and molded into a generic superhero movie, when they should be thinking Cloud Atlas in terms of scope and ambition.
>Shang Chi
AN IRON MAN LEFTOVER FROM SIX YEARS AGO. GO FUCK YOURSELF FEIGE.
>Doctor Strange
Hype. I don't believe the horror talk, because I remember the "political thrillers" all too well, but the first movie is in my top 4 and the creative team seems to be coming back in full. Cautiously excited for Scarlet Witch's inclusion, I hope it won't take too much away from the Nightmare story and mire the movie in too much shared universe bullcrap and sequel set ups with Chthon. I think there could be an interesting dynamic between a more experienced, but still not-on-the-top-of-his-game Strange and Wanda awakening to the chaos magic proper. Just these people who thought they had the hang of things at last after Endgame getting totally derailed and having to pull through some heavy stuff.
>Thor
I grew to love Ragnarok, so sold. It's not gonna be anything I'd expect from Thor, I bet, but I'm fine with this as Waititi's personal project. Shocked that they got Portman back. The shitflinging will be on a whole another level, because it's gonna get hammered from both sides, from one for introducing Whor, from the other for "sidelining" a black woman for a while female lead. You thought the Captain Marvel drama was bad? You haven't seen anything yet.
>Blade
PG-13. Hahaha, no.

>Strange 2
>Guardians 3
>F4
>Mutants
This I'm hyped for. Everything else is meh. Maybe Eternals will be entertaining.

>Whor
Why? Wasn't MCU Carol enough?

Attached: 1552878129729.png (870x628, 540K)

Curious that there is no Avengers style big title to wrap up this phase.

>from the other for "sidelining" a black woman for a while female lead
I doubt it will happen but it'd be funny if it did.
In times like this I wish this board had the same drive as /pol/ when it comes to opposing their current boogeyman.

God they're really doing the Shang Chi is the Mandarin's son? I just lost my interest to go see it. Interested in how different Blade is going to be.

how often does Doctor Strange's lore deal with the Multiverse?
i'd rather we get a Captain Britain movie to do that

I predicted that this phase will test Feige's ability to do something all directors have failed so far which was Go Woke and Not Go Broke.

Yes it will sell well but the real goal is to get a consensus between the critics who love this type of shit and the fans who hate it.

Do it and Feige ends up as legend. Fail and disney gets to assert more control

Easy answer; this isn't the whole phase. They've given us three and a half years of movies. I don't doubt they have the finale carefully kept tucked under their hats for now.

but you got NEW Mutants coming out
there's honestly a lot better names they could have used. like "uncanny x-men" would have been best
i wonder what teams they'll use

It'd have been so cool if Captain Britain showed up during the attacks in London in Far From Home, and hint an Excalibur movie or something.

Good actor.

Though I'll always remember him as being from the 4400

Disney failed to push their PoC propaganda with Star Wars, which ended up ruining the whole franchise, so they're rebooting their efforts in the already popular MCU.
I'm actually curious about how will it go for them. At this point I'd be completely OK with them ruining and *killing* the thing. I had my fun already.

Article I read said he is going to be in it.
I guess the question is will he still be the main character, will he share the lead with Portman, or will he be supporting.

Given how much people like Hemsworth, I doubt he'll be shunted out of the lead role completely. I suspect at most it'll be a dual lead thing.

Mutants is that.

The fact that they added non-white people is not why the new trilogy is bad.

The new trilogy is bad because the first movie was a retread of a new hope and the second movie basically did dick all in terms of moving the story forward. Hell, Finn was the best part of TFA

KINO

I'm pretty sure she'll end up holding the hammer for just that one movie. Portman is nearly 40 and already hit the wall, there's no way she'll play the character all the way up to the next big ass crossover.

I'm pretty sure Hemsworth is reaching the end of his contract too. He said he'd do a few more movies, but if that includes GotG, he may be nearing the end of being Thor.

If Thor is coming out before GotG3, does that mean we aren't gonna get Thor in space shenanigans?

Or will they do what they did with 2 where 3 happens not in "real" time, so Thor is with them then goes onto 3?

And that's why they're setting up Valkyrie to continue with the whole Asgard shadoodle.

Don't give a fuck outside of Dr. Strange, and that's only if my boy Shuma Gorath is in.

I stopped watching Marvel movies after Civil War, so I won't be watching anything of phase 4. I won't even watch the trailers

Only interested in Dr. Strange and Blade. Only ones I'll go see in theaters.

Then why are you here if I may so kindly ask?

>Black Widow: spy thriller
>Eternals: sci-fi (probably very snarky too)
>Shang-Chi: Kung-fu
>Doctor Strange: Fantasy
>Thor: Snarky sci-fi
>Blade: Vampire low fantasy
>F4: Snarky sci-fi
>Black Panther: Afro-Futuristic
>GotG: Snarky sci-fi
>Captain Marvel: Snarky sci-fi
>Mutants: probably a snarky sci-fi somehow

And how would you feel if they somehow defied the odds. The MCU is built on risky gambles that worked for some reason. Remember 10 years ago peope believed Iron Man would flop.

Indifferent.

I would stop being the audience and just stop going to the cinema, maybe pirate some titles that catch my eye.

Excited for:
>Doctor Strange
>The Eternals
>Shang Chi
>Black Widow
>Thor, only because of Taika

Sounds ok, will probably get excited with more info
>Blade
>Fantastic Four
>Mutants

Meh
>Black Panther
>GotG 3, James Gunn is still a shitty director
>Captain Marvel

Well it's built on a combination of risky movies and super safe movies. Structurally, most of the MCU movies are pretty much the same.

A movie like Infinity War/Endgame would never have happened under different circumstances, but most of the movies are pretty standard blockbusters.

You don't? Have you seen Marsh Ali? Guy has zero physical imposing presence

This essentially sums up my feelings at this point. If the charm of this series is destined to be chewed up and shat out by hamfisted woke pandering, now would be the time. They already did better than I expected steering this unwieldy MCU behemoth to a satisfying culmination. In the wake of that I won't begrudge the carrion to feast on its once (relatively) proud remains.

Attached: 1559284827291.gif (440x300, 886K)

The MCU is already too big to fail and no amount of SJW bitching will ever make a dent on their earnings, in fact, following the current political trends is netting them even more money.

So, I ask you Yea Forums, what could realistically make people stop watching Marvel movies?

Multiverse of madness is a fun play on mountain of madness so I expect love raftian horrors to show up

It's just the person who made this chart is a dumbass. Feige dropped a couple of words at the end of the panel, saying that despite all of the announcements he didn't have time to talk about mutants. It doesn't mean that this is going to be the title of the franchise

>no new Avengers movie
Sad

Releasing them every 3-4 months. That, or they could become legitimately bad and bomb critically.

>They already did better than I expected steering this unwieldy MCU behemoth to a satisfying culmination
In a cave. With a box of C-Listers. It's a fuzzy feeling knowing Rocket Raccoon is a uber popular character nowadays.

I don't even feel bad the synergy ruined some aspects from the comics since the identity politics nonsense did much worse to them.

>or they could become legitimately bad
That's impossible. They have executives working to prevent that from happening. At worst they'll become stale and predictable, which some of them already are.

I wonder what the plot of BP2 will be
Hunter?
Achebe?
Nakia turning into Malice?
King Cadaver?
Namor?

Is it just me that wants Stephen Chow involvement in Shang Chi? I mean they need to get their shit right in Kungfu. IronFist sucked, big time.

The fickle crowd suddenly becoming obsessed with the next big fad and picking it over action dramedies for a while. Giant monsters cops or space westerns or something, I don't know, throw a dart at a board. Not saying it'll happen soon, but it'll happen eventually. It's been that way since the start.

Live action Yea Forumsnime adaptations would be the natural successor.

Then Disney executives get panicky and a Justice League/Avengers crossover movie happens.

>next big fad
Alternate history time travel isekai.

I think its pretty smart that they don't reveal the whole phase at once, that was the biggest problem with phase 2 and 3 where they showed off their whole timeline and at the time we arrived at the end, some of the projects were just killed (Inhumans) and many changted dates and shit. Having this 2 year plan just makes it more managable imo.

Still bloody hoping that Blade will somehow be rated R, that or they are one the most extreme that PG-13 can possibly allow. Just a question, how much blood can you show until it becomes rated R?

I wonder if they'll have him visit the Marvel Zombies universe, would probably be a hit with the normies

Just admit you want to see a live action Marvel Zombies, user, nobody will laugh at you.

Americops. BP got fucked over for Best Film. They have to double down on the politics with Secret Empire and not subtle references to the Alt Right

>how much blood can you show until it becomes rated R?
youtube.com/watch?v=HNnCL0q3EuI&pbjreload=10

>Thor Love and Thunder reveal was set to Dio's Rainbow in the Dark

Fucking Waititi, you can't hype me up with some Dio stuff and then throw FemThor at me, I'm so fucking conflicted.

Attached: 1504808233291s.jpg (104x125, 3K)

So they were really going for Blade, cool.
I most excited about F4, Strange 2, Thor 4, Eternals and ofc Blade.

Will be there for theatrical releases:
Doctor Strange 2
Shang-Chi
Spidey 3

Might be there for theatrical releases:
X-Men
F4

Home releases:
Everything else

>Thor, only because of Taika
>GotG 3, James Gunn is still a shitty director
Is it opposite day 24/7 wherever you're from?

>I mean they need to get their shit right in Kungfu
The dude they casted for SHang-Chi is a stuntman/martial artist. We'll be fine.

ok I admit it, I want to see the sexy zombie girls I mean just zombies in general

>BP got fucked over for Best Film
It never had a chance to begin with

so what's marvel's goal at the end of phase 4 here?

because if we don't get any hint that this is going towards a marvel vs capcom cinematic series i'm tapping the fuck out right now

Attached: Mvc2-amingo.jpg (520x650, 107K)

I'm honestly not that interested. I may watch Doctor Strange but I don't care about the rest. I'm not seeing Eternals. I've never paid to see an Angelina Jolie movie and I'm not about to start now

just wait til the post credit screen of Into the Multiverse of Madness where you hear a hadoken being fired at Shuma.

Hey guys, where's Namor?

Attached: 0c0ebcfc5dae5a75defb1efca8a56dc3.jpg (641x679, 49K)

BP2
Or cucking Mr Fantastic in Fantastic4

How the fuck are they gonna film BLADE? I mean it has to be at least R rated with all the blood.

Also i forgot BLADE had an anime.
youtube.com/watch?v=sfp7IZghgOU

The only things I'm remotely interested in are Blade and Mutants. Everything else I couldn't care less about. DC's upcoming movies look more interesting for once.

they aren't, they're just re-releasing wesley snipes' movies with redone 3d effects and in 4K.

Blade-con bois who here

Attached: Rip Etika Joycon God.png (974x1161, 1000K)

What do you have against Jolie?

So there is hope for miles showing up later as well? I mean at this point is he even born yet?

They're calling it Mutants because X-Men has the word Men in it.

All of these movies are probably going to be shit.

>all this complaining about FemThor
Odinson still has Stormbreaker, which is more powerful in the MCU.

It may just be because Valkyrie needed an enforcer. I think Valkyrie asks some dwarf to forge the next Mjolnir.

>Odinson
You mean Thor

It is not a title, a lot of the logos in this timeline are fan made.
Basically at the end of the panel Faige said they didn't had time to show everything and he started to name drop the future films, at some point he said "we didn't have time to talk about the mutants and how they are going to be introduced" or something like that.

....yes. They might use different rules.

they might do a hilarious bit where she becomes thor(hemsworth), literally.

Well that killed all my Thor hype. I hop d they would do Beta Ray Bill arc and not Whor. Why does western shit always disappoint me in the end.

You thought Waititi was your friend. As a Kiwi myself I could have told you it was only a matter of time until he did something like this. Expect Thor to be even more slapstick and incompetent than he was in Ragnarok while Jane cleans up all his mess

Yea but in Ragnorok and IW and a bit in Endgame he was badass af and one of the main protagonist. So I had hoped we would get a last Thor movie with him going all out with BRB. Ah fuck just thinking about this makes me mad. Now I'm sure they'll fuck up F4 and Dr.Strange. I expect strange to be an incompetent fool and Wanda to be the actual hero

Based Shuma poster

Attached: Shuma-Gorath_MOTHER_FUCKER.jpg (764x557, 273K)

fpbp, my thoughts exactly

>Not interested but I'll go see more...
Thanks!

Attached: 'Joy'.jpg (1024x581, 56K)

>comic accurate
This. Afro and yellow jacket or bust.

Attached: Blade.png (674x593, 804K)

So what was the fifth one?

Fpbp

Not gonna happen. They made Asgardians aliens in this universe

>2019
>Blade is still black

Where’s the diversity? The world is ready for a white blade

I nominate Joel Kinnaman

he only needs to bulk up. He could be really threatening on Luke Cage and even worked the tragic angle, but was unfortunately a villain victim of shit writing that was killed off too soon because "muh showdown between brothers is better".

The Prowler

People will be stop going to watch the movies because they are done with the mcu after end game and are tired of so much movies of the same thing and having to keep track of every movie to know what happens in the next even when they are not really related like happened with pretty much with comics. Also, mainstream audience gets tired of franchises, may be diehard fans are always there, but the big audience like to move from one thing to the next shinny thing.

Then when the relatively bad numbers get revealed people will start blame "wokeness" for the fail.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Merc Storia - Mukiryoku Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo - 03 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00. (1280x720, 72K)

Miles was mentioned in Homecoming

>People will be stop going to watch the movies because they are done with the mcu
There is no big next shiny thing to move to though, no one is reaching their level

This.

I'd say superhero movies remain popular and relevant for another 10-15 years, then Hollywood will start cribbing from anime after a brief period of original Hollywood properties becoming popular and critically acclaimed again.

Who knows, there isn't any big important book or series of books that WB could turn into the next shinny things? There has to be something somewhere

>Black Widow
Only gonna watch to see if Taskmaster is cool
>Eternals
I have no idea who these guys are so I'm mildly interested
>Shang-Chi
If they make it a straight up Martial Arts movie then I'll definitely see it.
>Strange 2
Will see for sure
>Thor 4
Natalie put me off already. Need more info.
>Blade
Will see for sure
>F4
The first one was decent but I hope this one is the best.
>BP2
I'll see it. Hope they get a decent villain.
>GoG3
Give me Warlock.
>CM2
First movie was garbage and I hate Brie but maybe they'll improve it somehow.
>Mutants
Cautiously optimistic.

Attached: Ninja Spider-Man.png (400x250, 26K)

Imagine predicting the fall of the mcu every year since it's inception

It's going to be CGI animated horror/slasher movies, probably Lovecraft adaptations. CGI gets more photorealistic it's only a matter of time before someone uses that to sell a really convincing monster.

That or cyberpunk with megacorps and killer AIs because Amazon and automation scare people.

>Multiverse of Madness
Deadpool.

Looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy. That's it.

They have to end Thor's story but still keep his legacy alive like Cap passing on the mantle to Falcon.

>Give me Warlock
You're getting High Evolutionary and you will like it.

>Black Widow
Meh
>Eteranls
Hype
>Shang Chi
Curious
>Doctor Strange
Hype
>Thor
Hype
>Blade
Curious
>F4
Hype
>Black Panther
Meh
>Guardians 3
Hype
>CM 2
Meh
>X-Men
Hype

Attached: ezgif-3-2b2b6cbd9e.gif (750x520, 534K)

Moon Knight fuking WHEN?

Attached: moonknight00.jpg (421x452, 80K)

Not interested in a single one of these. GotG3 maybe, but I don't see it being all that good considering all the Gunn controversy.

only guardians 3 and doctor strange 2 seem interesting.
none of the other seem even remotely good or interesting
fat old scarjo playing her younger self (a movie they should have done years ago when she still looked good)
eternals will flop as bad as inhumans as no one gives a shit about them.

Attached: bane3.jpg (528x400, 40K)

First appearance of Black Specter has been shooting up in value lately. Odd when there is no buzz of a movie or TV show yet. Does anyone know the reason? Also I think Bushman would work really well as the main villain in Black Panther 2.

It's all so tiresome. I just wanted a Fantastic Four movie and an Inhumans movie.

Hopefully the fantastic four movie will kinda be the jumping off point for annhilius, galactus, namor, etc.

>No Ant-man
Well, i'm out.

Thor is gonna be trans? cool.

In top of going through the FF again, we're also getting more Blade.
Oh golly, I can't wait for some Ghost Rider, Daredevil and Punisher movies anouncements

Attached: sadpocalypse.jpg (416x369, 25K)

No, Jane foster will be wearing a viking costume and wielding thors hammer while real thor is going on fun space adventures

but then how is that a girl Thor??

Because thor is a title

Isnt that just quacking crazy?

Because he said "we didn't talk about how we're gonna bring mutants into the MCU"

That will require anime movies to not suck and neither Hollywood or Tokyo can do it right