The Eternals

Is anyone here even looking forward to this?

Attached: 1524559449-eternals-marvel.jpg (1044x903, 247K)

I am. It has a great cast.

Well, I don't know much about this. Basically, they are Marvel's counterparts to DC's New Gods. Also, their structure is basically similar to the Olympian Gods. In fact, many of them were mistaken in ancient times by the Olympian Gods. There's one similar to Hercules, another one similar to Athena, another one similar to Zeus... etc.

Not in the least. Gonna sit this one out

The girl from Stranger Things was rumored to be in the movie but I didn't see her in the cast list. What a shame

how long until normies pretend they know who the eternals are?

I read Chuck Austen’s eternal Max

who's the cast?

I am no Marvel expert but I read more cosmic Marvel than anything else and have no fucking clue who these dudes are.
They look like bootleg New Gods.
It'll make a billion dollars sheep even if nobody knows who they are because the movie going audience is full of sheep.

Angelina Jolie
Richard Madden
Kumail Nanjiani
Lauren Ridloff
Brian Tyree Henry
Salma Hayek
Lia McHugh
Don Lee
Directed by Chloé Zhao.

nope, all of phase 4 except maybe dr strange is going to be a shit. no FF, no muties, no direction for the universe

Yes, but not because I ever cared about them in the comics. I love seeing Kirby stuff put into film though.

What the fuck do you mean "no direction"? It's fucking obvious their setting up an expanded MU. Phase 4 has more variety than any other phase besides maybe 2.

agreed. How are people so excited for the news. What I heard was MCU is officially dead. I mean good riddance since it has been on the heavy decline for 2 years now. Strange 2 is the only one I am excited for... maybe Blade but I don't see it working in this political climate. Not allowed to have fun but have to be political these days.

nigga the merger only happened after Phase 4 was complete

There's no way they could shove FF4 or X-Men

Who's playing who in the movie though?

Kinda I mean Herc, Gilgamesh and Starfox in the MCU sounds cool...but I'll wait for the Herd/Cho movie..if we get one.

HAHA QUIP FUNNY OOHH FANCY LIGHTS NICE FUNNY PLOT MCU GREAT XD *proceeds to make billions. To be expected from a low IQ population

Angelina Jolie - Thena
Richard Madden - Ikaris
Kumail Nanjiani - Kingo
Lauren Ridloff - Makkari
Brian Tyree Henry - Phastos
Salma Hayek - Ajak
Lia McHugh - Sprite
Don Lee - Gilgamesh.

So basically a totally original story.

I am. I want more crazy shit.

>Angelina Jolie - Thena
Knew it and people actually thought she was playing Sersi lol.

So no one has been casted for Sersi yet or are they keeping it a secret?

She was never in the cast, it was a game rumor that she debunked not once but twice and people kept saying it was a lie.

Also yes , I'm very much looking forward to this movie, I really like the Eternals and the opportunity to expand the Cosmic lore shouldn't be missed. And I hope they come back to the comics also.

Attached: 1A7DF7B7A0F343468E8AC566EA3AE4AB.png (1280x1274, 3.43M)

This has to be a falseflagging post.
>maybe Blade but I don't see it working in this political climate
The fuck is this supposed to mean?

>maybe Blade but I don't see it working in this political climate. Not allowed to have fun but have to be political these days.
I don't even know what the fuck this means. You sounds so ready to be offended by someone else being offended, you're like a snowflake in the summer.

I mean that every movie has to be a political statement. Meaning that you can't just have fun with the film. The OG trilogy was whacky and zaney with no real political undertones. Same with the tv series. The movies will probably be preachy instead of blacksploitation.

I still don't know what you mean. Are you really so triggered by anything remotely political that a black half-vampire upsets you?

Far from it I am a huge Blade fan. But Blade was a play on Shaft which in itself was not meant to be taken seriously. I don't know how much more clear I can be. Preachy instead of fun is pretty self evident unless you are being obtuse on purpose. What upsets me is they will turn it political. The comics and old movies were never about that. I just eye roll when I am being preached too since it takes you out of the movie so the director/writer can preach.

nigga he's saying that they'll shot bullshit into it. He didn't say anything about being triggered by race. Learn how to fucking read. goddamn

The problem is that you're insisting that this is going to be "preachy" for some reason when nothing at all indicates it will be so, and there's nothing in the source material either that will make them lead that way.
But that's stupid because why would they do that? Don't be retarded.

Because that is the direction MCU is going? Inferring is a common skill you should use. I hope I am wrong but as I FUCKING stated in the first post it is a symptom of the times. I never said it would be but movies today can't be fun.

I'm not going to infer something that only exists in your head and you assuming I'm in the same page as you is ridiculous. I don't know what "direction" you think the MCU is going but it certainly isn't the retarded "anti-diversity" nonsense you're pulling.

>But Blade was a play on Shaft which in itself was not meant to be taken seriously. I don't know how much more clear I can be. Preachy instead of fun is pretty self evident unless you are being obtuse on purpose. What upsets me is they will turn it political. The comics and old movies were never about that. I just eye roll when I am being preached too since it takes you out of the movie so the director/writer can preach.

wouldn't this apply more to Netflix's version of Luke Cage?

Dude I am Syrian and I voted democrat for the past 4 elections. I will spell out the obvious for you since reading is complicated.

Trump is the boogey man that Hollywood has been saying is leading to evil Nazis. So because of this every chance they get they have to preach and show how they are not aligned with his politics. Trump is a racist but people pretend that the majority of Americans like him when the evidence shows that they do not. So expect an evil Trump stand in and a bunch of racists in the movie. The inferring I was talking was not in my head but the direction the movies are going. Look at the movies and tell me there isn't going to be a bunch of preachy shit instead of comic book wackyness.

I'm done responding to you. You are either mentally damaged or are trying to bait me into a common rhetoric that people understand is going on regardless on which side of the political spectrum you are on. I have been a huge fan of Blade for 25 years so I don't want to see a beloved franchise turned into somethign its not like the other MCU films the past 2 years.

None of this shit has absolutely anything to do with any MCU movie though, this is why it's nonsense.

yeah i am, but mostly because i wanna see more giant scary celestials like how eson the searcher was teased in GotG

>Captain Marvel
>End Game had a eye rolling scene with the woman of Marvel.
It was forced instead of organic is my problem
>Black Panther
The villain wanted Black Power not joking
>Luke Cage
A character similar to Blade turned into a huge political message
>Spider-Man FFH the villain talked about fake news non stop and was his motivation

Now lets talk about phase 4

>Female Thor a known preach fest of a comic
>BP 2 expect it to be like the first
>Eternals
Has Angelina Jolie there will be preaching
>Valkerie is Gay now
>Russo was Gay in movie for the virtue signalling.
>Captain Marvel 2

Are you seriously going to say there isn't a trend? I don't usually get pol because I don't care about the themes just how they are forced instead of organically injected into movies. Its patronizing and lazy.

Pffft hahaha, fragile motherfucker confirmed.

Respond to a post sayign there is no evidence MCU has a history of shoehorning politics. Provides examples.
>Called Fragile.
This is like saying you mad? Am I not supposed to provide evidence? I could care less about what some rando on Yea Forums thinks of me. I am just bored waiting for my shift to end.

Dude at what point did I say there were no politics? What I'm saying is that none of that shit is worth getting upset and it's why I called it "anti-diversity nonsense". Aren't you Syrian? Go pray to Allah or something, not sure why you're watching Western media anyway.

Now that is racist. Actually Christian as are my parents and grandparents. There are christian middle easterners you know, since it started there.

Also
>None of this shit has absolutely anything to do with any MCU movie though, this is why it's nonsense.
Why are you lying?

The original Kirby series is pretty meh for Kirby standards, and the Gaiman story is lackluster too, but I have higher hopes for MCU New Gods bootleg than Ava's DCEU New Gods.

It's a shame no one else is watching this thread on the basis that it's an Eternals thread, because it would be nice to have someone chiming in to tell you how much of an overreacting dunce you are.

Give me one reason why should I? Has there ever been a legendary run? Even Guardians, Panther and Carol had amazing runs before taking a movie. What about these guys? They never mattered like the Inhumans and aren't they dead currently? The last thing I need is another synergized resurrection in a pre-movie book where they'll fail amazingly to predict the tone and feel of the movie based on trailers followed by a relunch where they'll outright copy the movie with amazingly bad results as usual.

So why should I care?

>Hurr get caught in lie time to deflect.

I am just responding to an argument you started. I was agreeing with a guy about the movie and just added in my concerns for another. You then wanted to start an argument. Tell you what, just stop responding and I will too and we can talk about the movie no one cares about.

I think they havent found the right actress. They did say the movie was centered on her and a love story between her and Ikaris.

>They never mattered like the Inhumans
Well, too bad someone destroyed the Inhumans so Marvel Studios is using the Eternals instead.

The movie is basically the Eternals relaunch, whatever the movie guys decide, will be how the characters get reintroduced to the comics.

Attached: perlmutter.jpg (575x575, 43K)

More than Spider-Man

I've been reading Marvel for decades and I always thought the Eternals were just backstory/lore stuff. I had no idea they had their own comics.

Sorry for calling you a Muslim derogatorily and trying to insult you that way, I acknowledge it was racist and uncalled for. But you're still a dumbass and I don't care about your petty complaints about how women or minorities are presented in the MCU. It's a discussion that I don't think I'll ever connect with.

Attached: Eternals (2008-2009) 002-015.jpg (1000x1537, 387K)

>but I have higher hopes for MCU New Gods bootleg than Ava's DCEU New Gods.

too true

>and Carol had amazing runs before taking a movie

lol

I was joking about being offended about your comment so don't feel bad at all. I was in 8th grade when 9/11 happened so I am used to it and I actively joke about my race all the time. My problem is I don't get offended and have no filter because of it, I just say what I think.

I will end the conversation cordially and say I think it is fair to agree to disagree. Everyone is entitled to their viewpoints but the one thing that connects us all hopefully, is our love of comics.

No, you just know they're going to absolutely butcher them.

*Gives you paperclips*

Hope they cast Sofia Boutella as her.

Her story pre-AvX was good.

shes disgusting

Anyone got any recommended reading suggestions for these dudes?

God how does Kumail get fucking work?

I've never seen him in anything outside VO work where hes been good and even then his voice is so fucking annoying i can't stand to hear it for long periods of time.

Would rather just get a New Gods movie, even if it's a shitty one.
Not even the MCU can make me care about the eternals

I like mbb so yeah.

I trust that disney has the money to create a movie, with amazing talent at every stage of production. I also trust that I will walk out of that movie feeling like my money was spent well.

What I wonder most is whether or not the source material will be good enough. that late 70s glitzy garbage is what made people interested in the darker and grittier, narrative driven stories like the watchmen and the dark knight.

It's pretty straightforward:
>Kirby's run
>Gaiman's run
>Knauf's run

However, here's what I can tell you as an actual game who has read everything about them: the key to the Eternals lies in their links to Thor and the Celestials, and the Avengers stuff later on. You should go check two things:

>Thor: The Eternals Saga
>Untold Tales of the Marvel Universe (where they were officially retconned into the Marvel Universe as a series of short stories, including in classic What If issues)
>Thor: The Deviants Saga (shorter but not as good)

In there you'll learn about one of their recurrent enemies: Ershkigal, who's outside the regular conflicts between factions within the Eternals.

Attached: IMG_20180817_113212.jpg (1340x977, 520K)

this will at least turn out better than Ava Duvernay's New Gods movie

I want to be but I don't really know it. Was really looking forward to idk other stories from the MCU, I like the big bois, Thor, BP, Strange, IM ( :'L ), but I guess it'll go in a different direction for awhile.

We're these the dudes wrecking shit in he collectors' story GotG1?

For what it's worth, looking at the heavy handed tone of Captain Marvel, you're likely right.

What is so fucking political in Antman and the Wasp? In Infinity War and Endgame? Stop being so spooked you low test cuck.

Where's Keanu?

That deserves a storytime of pain, there's still time.

>jolie not sersi
what a load of nigger shit fucking dropped

Eternals predate New Gods.
Not that it matters since they were made by the same guy.

Not really. Marvel's thankfully not making the same mistake they made with the Inhumans, but I'm still wary of the direction they're going in. I'm trying to stay open-minded, but I'm keeping my expectations really low.

No, New Gods were created when Kirby jumped ship over to DC, and the Eternals were made once he returned to Marvel.

And Eternals is the last thing he ever made there, out of continuity from the rest of the universe.
Before. BEFORE. He couldn't even finish them.

Attached: IMG_20170824_072210.jpg (600x891, 190K)

Nigga, FF and mutants are already confirmed for Phase 4, they just didn't have time to talk about it.

Phase 4 is five years. They only presented the first two.

Take away the T pose and it has NOTHING

Yikes

Attached: 1563720238251.jpg (1639x2048, 719K)

Who is millie Bobbie brown

Such a big cast and they're still missing the main heroine and villain. Probably only half of them will be fleshed out.
She said she's not in the movie

The girl from Stranger Things. Irrelevant to this movie.

Great list. I would add
>Iron Man Annual #6
> Iron Man #179-181
> Captain America #355-357
>Silver Surfer annual #1 by Steve Englehart
>Fantastic Four #400
>Ultimates 2 #6
>X-Factor #43-50
>Quasar #19-25
>Hulk #402-404
>Marvel Two-In-One #71-72
>DnA’s Guardians of the Galaxy #11-12
There’s another confrontation between Thor and the Celestials in Thor #387-389

>Starlin’s Infinity Trilogy

and for the Avengers stuff
>Avengers #246 to #250
This is where Starlin's Titanians are revealed to be part of Earth's Eternals lineage. It's written by Roger Stern and I highly recommend his Avengers run.
>Avengers #305-310

For that Epic collection you got
Avengers Epic Collection: The Collection Obsession
Avengers Epic Collection: Fear The Reaper
Avengers Epic Collection: Operation Galactic Storm

Waring not everything collected here makes for an easy read. Some this is not very good but if you like the Marvel Universe and are brave enough to go full retard then do it. There's bunch of other Avengers arc that Sersi is part of that has not been collected in the Epic line yet like Citizen Kang you can find it as a TPB. It’s totally up to you if you want to read Atlantis Attacks I would say Avengers West Coast Annual #4 is one of the better moments in the event. There's also Contest of Champions if that peaks your interest.

Attached: Gamiel_(Earth-616)_from_Marvel_Monsters_Devil_Dinosaur_Vol_1_1_0001.jpg (638x488, 123K)

>story about idealized ubermensch gods fighting against hideous untermensch demons
Seems a bit problematic

>There’s another confrontation between Thor and the Celestials in Thor #387-389
You're a gentleman of taste, because that's not just any confrontation, but the introduction of Exitar, one of the most overblown threats Thor has had to face.
Other than that thanks for expanding the list, always good to find people who know their shit.

Attached: 7CEF19235D0C43349D7CD0C003575F88.jpg (393x557, 125K)

>reading Neil "Kirby did it wrong" Gaiman's run
crinfe

Eh in all honesty I'd skip straight to Knauf who really tried to channel the Kirby tone (plus it was a longer run, with Acuña's art), but Gaiman's run is the first dip into modern times so it should be mentioned.

After the first vids on youtube start to pop up

I wouldn't surprised if it turns out like that....

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 55K)

Which one is the tranny god?

I wonder which one will generate more outraged videos, this or Thor. I'm betting on Thor since you can't expect these retards to read Kirby.

Hell no, 75% of the new Marvel movies all sound like total trash.

Yeah that is why I also put Fantastic Four #400 in there even if it's not such a highlight in the catalogue. Sue Storm fucks up Exitar and he's bigger than the other Celestials. And he dies again in Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers speaking of which Acuña does the art in that book.

Anyone who wants to read that Sue vs Exitar, the reading order is Fantastic Four #399 - Fantastic Force #7 - Fantastic Four #400

Both Thor #387-389 and Fantastic Four issues are by Tom DeFalco. they are not as good as his Spider Man with Ron Frenz but I think they're worth a read for the ideas alone. Although I think he might have ruined the Celestials but to each his own. MCU is thrashing them even harder.

Attached: thor-388-03-04.jpg (1760x1342, 649K)