Is it actually possible to make a Fantastic Four movie without it being shit?

Is it actually possible to make a Fantastic Four movie without it being shit?

Attached: 1*mGMe3R3CG2rlHmjBcj20vw.jpg (575x332, 16K)

We'll see in 2 years

Watch me

Attached: kev.jpg (800x450, 20K)

We've already had two good ones, now piss off.

>We've already had two good ones

Attached: 1543462997522.png (500x501, 139K)

PG-rated 60's pulp sci fi romp.

Yeah, just adapt the first arc of UFF

the characters are pure shit
>Reed is Stark but boring and ugly
>Invisible Woman is a boring girl
>The Thing is hulk but ugly
>Human torch is meh, a normal hero

i only watched the movies: the post

Holy fuck. This is the worst namefag that has ever existed, and this board has a long, dark history with them.

Why do people always blame the characters for the movies being shit? When you sit down to watch the Tim Story flicks, or Fantfourstic, or any of that shit, are the characters seriously the biggest detriment to them? Seriously? The characters that weren't even accurately represented in the first place?

>2 years just for another origin story

oo boy. cant wait

in the comics Reed is a stupid edgelord (and a total cuck), Sue is a thot and she fucks Namor, Thing is Marv 2.0 (pretty good) and Johnny works better with spidey and other heroes, Fantastic 4 is trash for nostalfags

95% sure they are just gonna skip the origin this time

My mistake

3 good films ;)

Attached: fun-facts-about-the-incredibles-920x584.jpg (920x584, 75K)

stupid namefag

stop putting the guys who're all about the future in the past you fucking autist.

You're right about the tone, though. It should be about fun and discovery and wild, colorful set pieces instead of the gray ass hallways we hang out in, as viisually distinct from the Avengers line as Guardians was at first.

not any more, no

what is it you think 2 years is going to change

but they only made 2 Incredibles movies and the first one is ass, it's not even an FF movie, just Superman in Suburbia

>but they only made 2 Incredibles movies and the first one is ass

Attached: 1551267029391.jpg (728x728, 246K)

Call me “selfish and not progressive” but I REALLY hope that the Fantastic Four and Doom are all played by white actors who actually look like their characters. I’m full expecting one of them to get race swapped or turned gay. I’ll probably cry tears of joy if they are actually comic accurate.

Wolverine, Hulk Ghostrider Spiderman Fantastic Four movie would be awesome

Well, one thing for sure, they can't end Phase Four without The Fantastic Four.

one of them isn't white

Sue storm was always the hottest woman in comics. They hire dumpy actresses with bad wigs to play her. They will never get it right

What they need to do is explain the origin story quickly within the opening credits or no more than the first 5 minutes of the film. It could explained quickly with a montage, then zoom-out to show it was playing on a TV in the baxter building lobby or something, that way we can get to the main story.

We've had 2 origin story movies already and we don't need another.

Attached: 1457590575793.jpg (234x317, 11K)

1 not so bad neither good from 4 movies

Neither Ben nor Doom are white

People don't seem to give a fuck about the Fantastic 4, but I could see people unfamiliar with Dr Doom getting interested in the character if Marvel pushed him.

Sort of how normies ended up liking Loki and he kept getting featured in multiple films.

yes, dont make it corny and dont set it in the 60s

probably raceswap Alicia Masters like in the old movies

>People don't seem to give a fuck about the Fantastic 4

that's because they were surpressed from appearing in merchandise just as MCU was taking off

Yeah, there have been at least 3 of them.
If not more.

>the best one is half a century old

Attached: ff29.jpg (500x537, 76K)

You're selfish, not progressive, and I'm with you 100%.

Jews are white. Saying jews aren't white is like japanese saying they're not asian. No matter how much they want to see themselves as a completely separate race from everyone else, literally nobody by jews and antisemites think of them as anything but a white race.

If anyone can do it it's Based Marvel

Yes. Has there ever been evidence that the MCU can do it? No.

Attached: f4.jpg (1152x1739, 310K)

All I know is you can literally look at a picture of the cast standing around pre-powers and you know it's a F4 movie and that's more than you'll be able to say for any other F4 movie.

Attached: 7.jpg (450x343, 52K)

I feel like the concept is just too goofy. MCU has done a good job making some of the goofier things acceptable, but I struggle to believe they can do that here, especially with Reed Richards.

For my money the 2005 one was not shit.

I hope people who discovered comics through the MCU know just how unwanted you are.

If you stuck the Marvel Studios splashscreen on the two Tim Story FF movies you'd have people praising them.

So true it hurts

>Susan, let's not fight.
>NO, LETS!

I can hear the claps

The first movie was great though, and F4 and SS was better than anything that ever came out of the DCEU, so define what "shit" means to you.

They have people praising them now.

Has anyone done live action stretch powers that didn’t look awful? It looks fine in comics and cartoons.

No, it inherently will always bounce between Loony Toons and disgusting body horror. They need to donwplay it for live action.

Why do I keep seeing this fucking doofus's name? Please tell me they're actually going to get someone believably intelligent for Reed.

Attached: john_krasinski_gettyimages-1027959860_1280.jpg (970x546, 55K)

Dont introduce Dr. DOOM as your first villain.
Build up to him, like how they did Thanos.

As people have noted, a Doctor Strange 3 that adapts Triumph and Torment could be a good way of introducing Doom into the MCU, but it's too religion-oriented with what Disney would be comfortable with considering they ferociously pander to China.

China has a heaven and hell.
Several, in fact.

I mean, 'Getting my mother out of Hell' is a famous Chinese myth.

Yes, but the MCU will make sure to not do it.

legit retard who never read good comics, only post 2000

Based.
I have absolutely no hopes to be interested in what they're gonna do, though.

This! Sick of seeing this manlet suggested for Reed

So do something along the lines of what The Incredible Hulk did. Good call.

Attached: mhmgood.png (812x413, 87K)

The Incredibles

Make them SIlver Sufer's side characters.

Imagine if chris just decided to be the human torch again?

Attached: Ammenooitniet.jpg (299x168, 7K)

>anti-Semites
so... everyone?

>Implying in 2010 Disney didn't make a sequel to an 80s movie that had some very heavy religious themes

Why are people so against origin stories these days? I like origin stories. I like when origin stories are the beginning of the story, setting the characters and setting and all in motion. I don't like how it's mostly being written off as "stuff happened that gave the heroes their powers, okay now on to the REAL story!". The origin story is a STORY too.

>they went to space
>it didn't work
so fucking what, we don't need another hour retelling an origin
there's plenty of other spaceship movies that don't end in disaster out there

I just like when the origin story is an actual story and integral to the character's development and stuff going forward, and not just some excuse handwave for how the characters got their powers or whatever.

>after the snap the FF travel to space to figure out what happened
>tony snap bring back everyone but always wakes up Galatcus who went dormant after thanos snap
>Galatcus awakeing sends out cosmic energy that bombards FF ship giving them thier powers
There simple

I unironically liked the Fox's Fantastic Four movies except for the reboot

Yeah MCU can turn shit properties into mediocore franchises, same with good properties too

>Is it actually possible to make a Fantastic Four movie without it being shit?
Yes, they can do something like The Incredibles or GotG, that's all they need

I hope so. The FF are my all time favorite team and it seems like it should be so easy.

All they have to do is one thing they would literally never do and one thing that was a freak chance that they would never let happen again.

Well they've literally made 23 movies so far and haven't managed to capture even a second of Kirby's spark despite the fact that he created 90% of the content in them so I'm sure they'll do great with his masterpiece.

Attached: Fantastic Four 077.jpg (1006x1500, 2.02M)

Because the origin story was a fairly generic interchangeable science-experiment-gone-wrong. The entire movie doesn't need to revolve around it. In horror movies when a science experiment goes wrong it usually directly results in creating the event/monster/scenario that's the source of conflict. With superheroes the origin usually has little-to-nothing do with the villain the heroes fight.

Even as far back as the '89 Batman there's been a compulsion to tie the villain's origin in with the hero's to make a more cohesive story. Just like how the Joker was made into the man who killed the Waynes, Fantastic Four movies keep trying to add Doctor Doom into their origin.

By putting an abridged version of the origin at the beginning you're basically just creating in medias res. It shows the beginning of the part where they have no powers, and get them, but what happens afterwards is a B-plot to the story. An A-plot centered around any villain, which doesn't need to be related to the origin at all, intermixed with the B-plot centered around the unresolved issues within the Fantastic Four directly because of the origin, where more details can be fleshed out. The A and B plots converge, and the day is saved.

Attached: 1203047041916.png (320x311, 226K)

Yes

Attached: FE210C01-A974-413A-A5D4-852A1CDC838B.jpg (197x244, 17K)

They'll likely put the origin into another one of these properties, so they can avoid bogging the movie down, maybe Dr. Strange.

This is one of the few writing advantages of a multiverse.

Attached: (You).gif (480x238, 415K)

Doctor Doom should get his own solo movie

He was and it was actually going to be good until Disney bought FOX.

People already hate the MCU for some reason.
I'm not sure putting them in it will please Yea Forums.

It would if they were done well. The problem is when the MCU poops out these bland quip machines and everyone immediately praises it as the greatest thing ever

>Shits all over some of the most iconic heroes in the medium
>Proudly proclaims themselves a Brie Larson fan
Checks out

Fuckin' BASED!

No examples.

So your life has come to being so butthurt about a movie that you namefag the lead actress with a year that makes you sound like a little kid and post deliberately inflammatory ignorant posts to make people mad at the movie?

I find it hard to believe there is anybody who doesn't get how pathetic that is.

Doom isn't a Jew, he's a Gypsie.

In F4's case, we've already been through their origin story twice, three if you count

The Japanese are the British of Asia a bunch of xenophobic islanders obsessed with animals and sports

I'd like to see an older F4. Maybe they were really active in the 80s but retired to run the Future Foundation. Doom's reappearance brings them out of retirement.

There isn’t really anything that goofy in comics, despite what the narrative would have you believe. The goofiest thing is that people come back from the dead or survive things that would otherwise kill them. But their worlds physics and quantum physics obviously operate on an entirely separate plane than ours.

>a bunch of xenophobic islanders obsessed with animals and sports
Sounds like my kinda people

Any chart or list of essential F4/Doom comics to read?

Kirby

yeah i thought the 2000s ones were fun

The DCEU has absolutely fucking nothing to do with this

The Corman one was decent and the Tim Story ones had issues but weren't shit.
So I'd say yeah.

God I hate that so many people think that. The similitudes are surface level as fuck.

Hold my beer

That’s dumb af. Just use one of their rogues.

I mean the last two F4 movies was literally both done by Fox so there must be a problem with Fox. Look at how much they also fucked your X-Men.

90s one was decent, the other 3 are shit