When these shows first started, did you think they would end this way?

When these shows first started, did you think they would end this way?

Attached: F5559406-ACB7-4E0A-9972-19232E5A3212.jpg (1196x1192, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QNfQRj3kPLc
youtube.com/watch?v=KQJhucmYKYw
youtube.com/watch?v=UtdPKwtoRkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Steven and Finn, yeah.

Star was a surprise

insert matpat joke here

Not like point by point for Star, but I did think the series ending with magic and the monarchy gone was always an option.

For a while I didn't think they'd actually commit to it though, mainly because they were sucking off Eclipsa so hard that it felt like they thought the ultimate happy ending would be her being in power forever, but then as soon as destroying magic was brought up I knew the last episode was gonna do it and not go for an alternative.

Here, I'll try:

So when are we sending the DVDs of these shows to the Pope?

>Finn
>Neutral

God, I wish this was a lie.

Attached: 1540087215049.jpg (550x598, 236K)

What alignment is "hopless cuckold"?

Your pic reminded me of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=QNfQRj3kPLc

Attached: 1544479077224.png (700x698, 287K)

The jellyfish rave remix was nice. But why did someone decide to make this? Besides autism.

Not a matpat joke, but it involves a matt and a pat.
youtube.com/watch?v=KQJhucmYKYw

Star's ending is a legit "what the actual fuck was Nefcy thinking?"

>Adventure Time
Fuck no, I kind of assumed the show would be about Fin, and Lich was going to be end game.
Kind of wish that were the case.
>SU
I mean it started as magical adventures, the plot didn't actually start in earnest until the end of season 1.
>Star vs.
Didn't watch it.

>Besides autism
That's all the reason anybody needs.

I remember when this aired. It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about but the further along it got the funnier it became.

I did not expect SvtFoE's ending. I figured Marco would curb her chaotic streak. And shit, it was really "genocide", either. Only Glossaryck and his kids died, minus the ensuing chaos from the worlds(?) merging, and it's not all that clear if magic is truly gone, since fucking Ponyhead is inexplicably alive and floating.

Okay I have had the same experience with each of all these shows
>Watch Season 1
>Really like the show
>Turn around to play a game watch youtube
>Turn back
>Shows ended

So... is there a "recommended viewing" for these shows? Like a list of episodes to get the most plot in the least amount episodes? Or is it just "Watch it all fag"?

>Didnt watch Star Vs.

It's only 2 seasons, user. Give it a try. People will say there was also a season 3 and 4, but don't believe those faggots.

>Jellyfish rave combined with ocean man
holy fucking based

Attached: 1531951991147.gif (250x188, 220K)

I did not expect her to just kill a lot of beings.

SU might be shit but it was at least consistent and had some big high's.

At some point AT felt like all the writers were replaced by people that either didn't care for or actively hated both Finn and each other.

Felt pity for the guy, AT died with a whimper.

this

I said it back then and I'll always say it - AT was the beginning of the end for cartoons and it opened the gates for all kinds of low effort shit. It lowered the bar far more than any other show and we never recovered from its imposition of low standards.

AT hadn't settled into any kind of groove when it first started. I didn't have any expectations about an ending. And as the series went on my expectations rose, then fell sharply.

SU ended how I'd expect, just rushed. And it hasn't even ended yet really, but I expect more of the same.

Star's ending was way out of left field. There was really no build up to it, nothing thematically at a previous point in the show you can look at and say "okay, now the ending makes sense." It's awful.

>A.T.
Literally a goofie coming of age story into forced ships.

>S.U.
Terrible coming of age story with in your face at gunpoint faggotry

>S.V.T.F.o.E
I didnt watch it because I saw how cartoons died with the previous two.

>AT
Didn't really care how it would end, but I knew it was going to turn to shit just by watching the pilot that everybody stupidly believed was the best thing ever.

>Steven Universe
Inevitable

>Star
Meh. Should've ended with Toffee as endgame.

Steven: Started a good kid, ended a good kid.
Finn: Started out the most wholesome, good, and heroic kid possible, ended kinda a douchbag that fucked up his past relationships and was so bad at hero-ing that he contributed damn near nothing to the finale aside from putting people in danger
Star: Started out so incompetent that she set fire to the kingdom while testing her wand out, ended so incompetent that she committed genocide while trying to prevent genocide.

Finn was the only one that took a left turn into the Woods Of Things That Shouldn't Have Happened.

how the fuck was finn neutral?

Uh he chilled out about fighting but was willing to destroy GOLB

Because he's a background character

I never watched any of these in their "prime". I guess I have a six sense to not watching disappointing shit.

Only KIND OF?

and how does that make him neutral?
finn is a hero, he started the show as a hero, he finished the show as a hero. He has hero dna and its fucking cannon, he doesnt have fucking free will he is like an animal. If you take the miniseries as cannon he was bred to help people in need
He is not neutral, nor a pacfist and he sure as hell isnt a genocide (genocider?)

Look, those are the three options, he’s not a pacifist, or a genocider, that makes him neutral by default.

should have been pops from regular show then

In the context of undertale, the "Neutral" ending usually means you beat the game without realizing there were ways to play that gave more interesting endings.

Basically it means you got to the ending, but you did it without a clear plan from the start, so you made a fucking mess of things and didn't get something very satisfying.

Finn.

I don't have the lists, but a quick rundown:
>Adventure time
half, if not more, of the episodes can be skipped. Only the last two seasons or so need to be watched in full, the rest of the series has about 6 relevant episodes per season. The plot was not a major concern for most of the runtime, silly crazy fun times were.
>Star VS
there's some stuff that can be skipped. Many episodes are devoted to shipping, which is arguably a more important part of the series than the actual plot to some. The lore is really poorly done, many things are built up as if there was something deeper behind them, only to reveal "it's magic, we don't have to explain it".
>Steven Universe
it's complicated. Most of the episodes follow the formula of "95% of the episodes is townie filler, 5% of the show is deep lore and foreshadowing". From a strictly technical standpoint, maybe 5 episodes of the entire series don't contribute to the plot in any way. From a practical standpoint, about half the episodes in the series can be cut down to a single sentence or scene.

Anything can be cut down to a brief sentence if you wanted to.

>Frodo takes ring and throws it into fire. The end.

Not very nuanced though.

okay, sure, absolutely. However:
Drop Beat Dad is an episode that makes Greg a millionaire, which is referenced multiple times later on.
Onion Gang shows the forest clearing where Steven gets captured by Aquamarine
Doug Out and The Good Lars show townies being kidnapped by Aquamarine.
Steven Floats establishes Steven's floating power.
Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service establishes Steven's ability to see people's dreams.
The New Lars establishes Steven's ability to mindcontrol people.

I dare you to say that, AS FAR AS THE PLOT OF THE SERIES IS CONCERNED, those episodes are necessary to watch fully.
I personally like most of them, and would not skip them. But I won't lie to people and say that they are essential.

I get ya, I just like being pedantic. Out of those you listed I would definitely recommend people watch Doug Out, The Good Lars and Steven Floats though. DO is fun and the other two are just great episodes in general.

>I get ya, I just like being pedantic.
Cheers, lad, I do it for the exact same reason. Godspeed.
I personally only hate Onion Gang out of these, the rest ranges between "fun" to "genuinely good".
Also, controversial opinion, I think Onion Gang is a fun episode if you watch it on mute. The dialogue that constantly states what we can see with our own two eyes is what ruins in.

>Finn: Started out the most wholesome, good, and heroic kid possible, ended kinda a douchbag that fucked up his past relationships and was so bad at hero-ing that he contributed damn near nothing to the finale aside from putting people in danger
>Finn was the only one that took a left turn into the Woods Of Things That Shouldn't Have Happened.
Damn right. I hate the dumb chodes on social media like Uncivilized Elk gargling down all the shit episodes like Sad Face churned out.

>Only the last two seasons or so need to be watched in full
You mean the first 3-4. lorefags are cancer

I was starting to think I was the only one that thought this. Finn became basically the most careful and caring person in the show and he was relegated to side character by the end. He was jammed into a spot where he couldn't even do anything in his own finale.

And then after everything he just "gets to be happy" basically. They just forgot to actually write a story for him or thought it was too fun writing bad endings I guess. Definitely became a merciful character though.

I liked the other Spongalovania mix better.
youtube.com/watch?v=UtdPKwtoRkA

Which episode did Star commit genocide? I'm going to need a screencap as reference.

You're gonna love this.
The finale. It was shown to be a positive thing and she alone benefited from it because while the words are foced together at least she gets to be with her teenage bf :) The bad guy walks off like SO LONG SUCKERS, RACISM FOREVER[/spoilers]

Attached: y1c6w3e7wlz21.jpg (1696x1812, 1005K)

Star: We should get rid of all the magic!
Over 5000 known magical entities: *EXIST*
Star: Welp, got rid of all the magic!
Over 5000 known magical entities: *Don't EXIST any more*

You forgot the Quasar girl and her friends

They might survive. Ponyhead rule, they might not be literally made of magic like all the spells and cosmic entities.

OR MAYBE THEY WERE AND THEY'RE DEAD, IT'S A SHITTY SHOW!

all magic was unpure, unclean

till the SLAYER came

Attached: DAWNSTAR.jpg (800x1039, 759K)

Did they actually say they died or was it implied? I thought everyone was returned back to their original realms.

Beings of pure magic - Hekapoo, the spells, the millhorse unicorns - are dead. Everyone that was organic just in another realm from their home dimension? They got sent back.

But yeah, we know there were thousands of spells create by the royal family. She offed them all, and the other magic beings, right down to the one that called her Mama. And the dumbass didn't even think about it, because she's just that dumb.

that's gotta be illegal!

That peabrained idiot, why didn't she just get massacred by Mina and her army. Fucking dumb slut.

reminder: everything is Moon's fault

Nope, all is Star's fault

>Fault
Like she did anything wrong, user.

No, it's a meme. That's why no one can show you a screencap or quote, it's all left to personal interpretation. It's implied that some characters disappear (Hekapoo, etc) & some of them deserved it for what they did to monsters. Regardless of interpretations, Star had to sacrifice many to save millions or else Mina and her minions would have turned the Realms into something dark & hostile. After years of magic mismanagement, she had to do what needed to be done and she had full support from all the other past queens too. It was a happy ending.

Attached: 1560029526074.png (985x488, 424K)

user the storyline came out of nowhere because they needed a big and memorable finale. It backfired and no nobody talks about it positively.

>nobody talks about it positively.
Because they're completely emotional and judge the show based on that. The user who you replied to had it right, it was a bittersweet option, but the only way to deal with the shit that went down. Not to mention magic is too powerful as a tool, because anyone may use it and it has devastating effects. Star and the other Suits (heh) had the blessings of the past queens. Despite the effect supposedly severing all dimensions, Star and Marco ended up together.

Racism Forever indeed, but..
Mina now is a normal hobo without immortality or super powers, therefore she'll die one day. Killing her won't do much since Earth and Mewni can still make their own racists!

>It's a meme

It's literally the story. Like... they showed the skulls of the millhorses. They had Glossarick and Hekapoo go "you can kill us if you like." And if spells aren't magic creatures, that makes no sense whatsoever.

She got rid of all the magic, and the writers were too stupid to realize it was genocide. Their inability to think their story through doesn't change the fact that it WAS genocide.

The only reason it happened was because Moon decided to power up Mina and her army because ??? she's a dum-dum? They were getting their ass kicked by just one

This. If magic was a bad thing then it should've not been connected to innocents. It's like Steven deciding the gems all need to die randomly.

Sometimes writers get the budget to do an animated show despite being bad writers. That's the moral of svtfoe.

Didn't think Star would use the Nuke launch codes, but then again seeing the first episode I should have been clued in about how much of a crazy bitch she actually was.
At least she got the dick. She can fuck Marco atop the mountain of magical creature corpses.

Cartoons were already dying with low effort canadian shit and children's sitcoms trying to take over kids networks
If it wasn't for the 2010 boom the executives wouldn't think cartoons were something people still wanted
here's your(you)

Attached: 8c3.jpg (496x496, 134K)

There's one thing I wanna figure out: What happened to Tom? Is he trapped away in a parallel dimension, never to meet with Star and Marco again? was he sent into the core of the earth, again, never to meet star and marco again?

>Earth and Mewni can still make their own racists!
And I'm sure that forcibly relocating thousansd or millions of monsters into human habitats without previously establishing any political relations won't cause humans to immediately become racist against the monsters :)

Well he's a demon so he's proably alive. Thanks to Star's bullshit though he's probably locked in the demon dimension wherever that may be, unless it's a physical realm on Star's plane in which case it got mashed up with everything else and he's probably lost somewhere.

nothing may stand in the way of starco. not even the universe.

Attached: My Best Friend 2_natha.pa_.png (960x3630, 2.22M)

In 2010 I did not expect adventure time to end wth that boring, mismanaged, uninteresting finale
Nor did I expect star to fucking murder millions
Why do fun silly shows like these always end up worse and worse with shipping bullshit and lorefaggotry

>Janna

I was loving Moon up until that point.
That plan was so weird but if she thought it better it would've worked. At least in a sense of not hurting anyone.

>Self-proclaimed "good and righteous" wh*toid exterminating an entire race among which she had many friends just for the smallest personal gain
Accurate.

There's thirsty and then there's "I'll kill millions just for a taste of that dick."

Attached: ......jpg (686x944, 81K)

They start off by throwing random shit at the viewer, doodles that the artist drew at the corners of their sketch pages. Eventually they run out of creative steam and start fleshing out what kind of person the Banana Split Pie Unicorn Spider is. Less creative writers write relationship drama between the BSPUS and Narwhal Disco Shoe, while more creative writers document the creatures from their anatomy to their economy.

Seeing this post has made me think up an idea for a single season series with a set storyline.
A guy runs errands.
That's it. The first episode is the guy waking up and doing his morning routine and talking to his famiily/roommates depending on age, then it ends with him getting in the car to go to the store.

Each episode of the series is about a completely different person and their lives that day leading up to where it intersects with the guy. From the factory worker that put his cell phone together to the DIY carpenter whose dropped screw gives him a flat.

The series finale is his errand run, from getting in the car to getting back home, with all the intersecting pieces put together.

as terrible fanart for a pretentious video game?
>no

Attached: 1437339717048.gif (292x323, 1.16M)

>Pretentious
A meaningless buzzword applied to things you don't want to appear stupid for by calling "cringe". Just call it cringe, you know you want to.

YES YOU FUCKING IDIOTS, THEY WERE GARBAGE SINCE THE BEGINNING JUST LIKE STAR TREK.

Now shows I didn't expect them to be shit were; Samurai Jack season 5, Thundercats, Korra, Dragon Prince, Disenchanted, Wakfu season 3, Star Wars, Harry Potter, The Hobbit.

Attached: 1563699191096.png (274x345, 127K)

Neutral Undertale route, for sure. You do most of the same things as the Pacifist route, but get cucked out of most of the character bonding moments from the late game, and get a hollow, ambiguous ending, and a prompt from one of the 4th-wall-breaking characters to try for a different ending.

Undertale isn't really 4th wall breaking because all the meta-stuff is just in-universe lore with names and stuff that match real video game mechanics. Like, the protagonist has the ability to alter the flow of time and cheat death in a way that's just like saving and loading a video game, and they call it saving and loading, but it's not actually saving and loading the game in-universe. It's just treated as some form of time travel, not some medium awareness superpower like what Gwenpool does with comic book panels and stuff.

>Adventure Time
As far as I'm concerned, it ended with Mortal Recoil.

Attached: 1557541303129.png (1675x945, 1.76M)

>Star had to sacrifice many to save millions
Star killed hundreds to save dozens.

Star killed hundreds to doom dozens.

It also got rid of Hekapoo, a chief sexual rival

Attached: Heckaboobs.jpg (1280x897, 183K)

>The reference to Battle for Bikini Bottom's final boss
fucking based

>that meteora
top kek

Steven isn't over

She also completely destroyed every culture that used interdimensional travel. Whole civilizations collapsed as everyone was yeeted back to 'where they belong', and no travel, trade or commerce is possible now.
Do you know what happens when society collapses? People die. A lot of them. Famine, violence, and general disruptions effecting every dimension-hopping culture (and there were a LOT of them over the series) would result in the deaths of billions. To say nothing of earth, having an entirely alien and profoundly hostile biome dropped into ours. How many humans were butchered by bands of monsters and obscene super-beasts just appearing out of nowhere.

But hey, Star got her spic-dicc and post-modernists are all about subjective morality, so I guess the deaths of billions of innocents and the extermination of an entire category of beings is justified.

Attached: brutal.jpg (600x600, 37K)

>Jellyfish rave remix

Attached: FB_IMG_1563603127141.jpg (284x309, 8K)