Why doesn’t Marvel just hire a good writer for The Amazing Spider-Man?

Why doesn’t Marvel just hire a good writer for The Amazing Spider-Man?

Attached: 2E813317-66AF-48BA-8990-11F73A32CF22.jpg (1600x2460, 856K)

Like who?

Bret Easton Ellis

A talented writer. Also a better artist

Henry Abrams

Scope out a street-level DC writer. I’d take Tynion or Tomasi over Slott or Spencer

Why would it matter? They don't let them write good stories anyway.

So that's why I felt sexual attraction to Dillon all these years. When did she transition?

Bendis.

Gerard Way

That would be cool

tim kong

I’d rather have nothing if those two are the only options.

lol no

Uhh electro looks a little bit different than usual.

Me.

Has Mark Waid been given a solo run on Amazing Spider-Man yet?

Eric Logan III

Spencer is fine. Ya'll are impatient faggots.

Ernest Hemingway

According to Wiki he did
>#568, 573, 578-579, 583, 592-594, 600-601, 612-614, 623-624, 642-648, 658

Quite a few issues. But no continuous run sort of thing.

Hey pal FUCK YOU Nick Spencer has been doing a great job.
Nevermind get this guy fuck Spencer.

I think a lot of the acclaim for Spencer comes from the fact that he's not post-Superior Slott. Any writer could have come in and have been hailed a hero. I don't think the comics are very good though. Just meh.

Based and sensiblepilled desu.

God the bait anons are out in full force in the SDCC aftermath

They did, his name is Nick Spencer. He even wrote the comic you posted!

I think regardless of quality of the writer they’re always going to be fucked by editorial. At this point Nick is doing fine because he has an idea to walk back some of the bullshit from the last 10 years. I’m looking forward to the end of the current arc but my excitement for the rest is predicated on how it ends.

I don’t get this narrative. I didn’t even read slott and like spencer quite a bit

Tbf the comic posted also had a super cringey fucking ministory in it.

the silly "what if an AI wrote a spider-man comic" was the only good part of that issue. cringey? how old are you kiddo?

That shit was literally hyper cringe.
It was, complete unironic, tumblr tier humor with stupid "cutesy" "misunderstandings."

I can't imagine what kind of joyless fuck you'd have to be to have such a negative opinion of a fun 5 page backup story

>nick is only going to get to undoing omd by the end of his run
>they stay married for another 10 years doing nothing because marvel writers can't write married people for shit, mj gets pretend-killed twice
>executive whatever slott orders the next writer to write omd 2.0 and replace mj with carlie cooper who have 5 donut steel children
>mayday and annie never make an appearance again, even in spider-verse

Attached: 1558351085322.png (598x602, 836K)

Why, they did. Just recently. The problem is, the talent of the writer doesn't matter when the writer doesn't get to decide what direction the comic takes. Spencer's just being crippled by the men above him, as was Slott. Enjoy your endless soulless mini events and major event tie-ins every six issues forever. No matter who they have doing the writing that won't change.

Current run is pretty good

>defending slott
We know who you are

Good writers don't want to write Spider-man. It's a shitty job where you won't have any freedom and will have thousands of neck beards sending you death threats. There will never be any good Spider-man run again.

>will have thousands of neck beards sending you death threats
Ugh this is the worst part. Same with Batman. All you need is some lunatic killing you.

Actually Spencer is fully in control, due to him taking the bullet for the PR debacle that was Secret Empire/Nazi Steve Rogers.

He has MJ and Peter back together. He undid Grim Hunt (Kraven's dead) and Clone Conspiracy (Ned Leeds dead). He does a ton of Superior Foes shout outs, has reset Black Cat/Peter's relationship to pre-Brand New Day complete with Peter unmasking to BC, has restored the Connor family and is undoing the character derailment of Lizard, and even finally untangling the Gordian knot of Mysterio's fucked up continuity that goes back all the way to the Byrne/Mackie run.

Yes he has to do events, but if you note, he didn't have to do anything for War of the Realms and has stayed clear of any events that are designed simply to prop up sales on sales poison Miles Morales' book.

>Actually Spencer is fully in control, due to him taking the bullet for the PR debacle that was Secret Empire/Nazi Steve Rogers.
Could you expand on this? All I know was that there was a shitstorm about Nazi Cap, and that Spencer was the one writing it.
Do you mean that Marvel gave him the plot, and then after the shitstorm he didn't say it was handed to him?

They did, I have no fucking clue why there's so much shitposting involving Spencer's run.

People were expecting something at the level of Superior foes or at the minimum Ant-man. If you're a spiderfag, and have read too much of JMS, Slott and Zdarsky, maybe you'll like it.

Contrarians.

Anything Marvel gets shit on automatically. It's how it is here.

The whole point of Steve Rogers being Hydra-ized, was to lead to Steve being irrevocably destroyed for all future usage. And that it would lead to Sam permanently becoming the new Captain America and lead to the original plans for Marvel Legacy: which was to permanently retire/kill off/write off Vision, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, OG Wasp, Peter Parker, Hulk, and scores of other characters in order to permanently make Riri, Miles, Nadia, Whor, Vision's daughter, Amadeus, etc the new permanent face of the company going forward.

The backlash towards Steve being made into a Nazi was so bad, that Disney had to intervene and say "fuck no". And do so REPEATEDLY, as Brevoort, Alonso, and Amanat were scheming to defy Disney and end Secret Empire with Steve irrevocably fucked even as Disney did damage control and promised that Steve would stop "his evil double" and be a hero again after the story.

Disney finally forced them to change the final issue to have "the real Steve" appear and beat his Nazi double, which Amanat, Alonso, and Brevoort refused to do until the very last minute when Disney threatened to sack the whole lot of them. Nick Spencer took the fall for his bosses, claiming that the reason that the changes weren't made was due to him not wanting to "chicken out" to fan protests. He made the changes, but this fucked up all of editorials plans going forward and was why Legacy was nothing but filler time travel shit and why the motion covers/return to the old numbering was rushed out as the "big thing" that was hyped as coming after Secret Empire instead of a company wide reset with all SJW heroes in charge.

In exchange for taking the fall for his superiors, Spencer was given Amazing Spider-Man to write (forcing Slott off the book, though he got Iron Man and Fantastic Four as a consolation prize) and was allowed to reunite MJ and Peter. Though some (like Kirk Boxleitner) have suggested that Spencer did jack shit to bring back the pairing. That instead of Spencer cashing in his favors, to undo OMD, that Brevoort caved because he knew that Spencer was radioactive after Secret Empire and that bringing back MJ/Peter would produce one of two results: 1. cause people to hold their noses and buy the book because MJ/Peter were back together or 2. that hate for Spencer would crash sales and allow Marvel to blame the coupling instead and use Spencer failing to justify never letting MJ and Peter back together.

its fucking ruined already
just reset last 3 years and move on