They can't use the Superman Returns costume, so @BrandonJRouth will be wearing the Kingdom Come suit...

>They can't use the Superman Returns costume, so @BrandonJRouth will be wearing the Kingdom Come suit. Brandon just revealed the S on stage

I wonder if it's just the costume or if Routh's Superman will be more like Kingdom Come's.

Attached: D_9GFwnW4AE6Mkj.jpg (1536x2048, 351K)

I hope it's still the same characterisation as the Superman Returns one, but now that I'm saying that it seems unlikely.
If they're not able to use Superman Returns, him playing Superman is probably just a nod and he might just very much play Kingdom Come Superman.

Hes only 39. Why would he play a grizzled and jaded WW banger and cape hanger Superman?

Earth-22, The "Kingdom Come" Earth, has mutants and a Cyborg Wells in hellish wasteland.

But I don't expect them to acknowledge that. They'll probably have the Kingdom Come Earth on Earth-78 or something.

Attached: Harrison_Wells_Arrow_Earth-22_0001.jpg (894x601, 38K)

He looks younger than Cavill. And a little bit younger than Hoechlin. Why is he playing old Supes?

Because this is COIE and the multiverse is ending. A grim Superman fits right in. That being said, like I said I hope they do essentially the same Superman as Superman Returns because on the flipside, this is where a hopeful Superman shines best.

How are they going to rationalize Superman of an alternate universe looking exactly like Ray Palmer?

>CW
Oh right nothing matters.

They might just not be able to se the same costume but still be the same Superman somehow
Also, since his Superman is technically Donner's Superman, it would actually working that that Superman becomes Kingdom Come Superman

It'll be a joke.

I always did love the Kingdom Come logo, it's cool.

>of all the Supermen, Brandon Routh is the first to play Kingdom Come Superman
lucky bastard

Attached: kingdom_come_superman_by_bunk2.jpg (550x638, 232K)

>Tom Welling is not coming as Earth-2 Supes
It still hurts

>They can't use the Superman Returns costume, so @BrandonJRouth will be wearing the Kingdom Come suit. Brandon just revealed the S on stage
I don't get it. They can't use the Superman Returns costume so they're using the Kingdom Come suit as a stand-in or is Routh actually going to be Kingdom Come Superman?

>No tasty burgundy
Damn... They really worked for me.

Attached: superman-costume2.jpg (709x1000, 150K)

Kingdom Come Superman has a cool design but that's it. Hes overrated

Hold on, didn't they use the Returns suit in Smallville? By that I mean, as a prop, basically, but still

Maybe it won't be exactly like Kingdom Come but it's possible that it will be similar to it
Maybe a mixture of Kingdom Come with Pre-Crisis Earth-2 Superman and his role in Crisis
>Superman Returns is Christopher Reeve Superman, basically
>Old man Robin
>Lynda Carter as aging Wonder Woman (could still use the pre-Crisis concept that she ages outside the island)
it fits

Attached: tumblr_pn5bog3Roy1sfp6m8o1_1280.jpg (482x688, 95K)

He's 39. Cavill is 36 and Hoechlin is 31.
Besides, it makes sense for Superman to age slowly.

No luck involved, Reeves died and there is no other candidate that's worthy enough

Yeah, Kryptonians age 5 times slower than humans. I think even in the Krypton show they established that they live to be around 200 years old.

Tom Welling, he's older than all of the others and was Clark Kent for 10 years.

Speaking of aging, I've never seen a woman age as gracefully as Linda Carter. She's even better looking for her age than Monica Bellucci.

true, and he was going grey and everything
I still believe they prefer using Routh not only because he's already on the regular cast and they want to joke a bit about it, but also because he's supposed to be Christopher Reeve Superman. That makes even more sense with the news that he's playing a version of Kingdom Come of some sorts.

>They can't use the Superman Returns costume
Anyone got an official source? If it's true then I wonder how come. It's not like they're using the suit elsewhere currently, and Welling was allowed to use it in Smallville briefly

Nice, I actually liked that movie as a kid.

>as a kid
Underaged larper. We know you are still below 18 which is against Yea Forums policy

I’m sorry but I thought the part with the kryptonite Island was cool.

Based

COIE had an older Superman (Golden Age) and a Younger Superman (Silver Age)

So it comes to reason that they’d get an older Superman (Routh) with the newer Superman (Tyler).

I think they got the Kingdom Come suit to both get out of the loophole and also portray him as the older Supes.

They’ve already done it. When Ray first sees Kara out of costume for the first time he points out that she looks just like his cousin.

They're not having Cain play Old Supes? Goddamn I'm disappointed

the belt just looks wrong

>Welling was allowed to use it in Smallville briefly
He wasn't. It was just a facsimile.

Keeping up with COIE news

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-20 SDCC 2019 The CW's THE FLASH Panel(3).png (703x114, 4K)

I'm pretty sure it was one of the many they made for the movie, certain they said it on the special features for the last season or something.

>Earth-22, The "Kingdom Come" Earth, has mutants and a Cyborg Wells in hellish wasteland.

Morrison's Multiversity Map isn't canon to the show. Hell, it barely rates as canon to the comics.

That suit probably got shredded over a decade ago.

It's because he's a Conservative, so he's been blacklisted from the shows.

Since they had this one in 2011 or thereabouts, why wouldn't they have one that less old to be used?

Or why couldn't they simply roughly recreate it. No one but a few autists will figure it out.

Attached: henry colorized.jpg (736x486, 49K)

Tom Welling?

Tom Cavanagh

Jesus he looks so small compared to how he looks now

actual tights without any padding make anyone look leaner too

Have you watched The Witcher trailer? He's fuckin j-j-j-j-j-j-jacked

COIE? Good shit, finally.

>a few autists will figure it out.
those few autists will be the loudest though.

He looks more like Supes now then he did back then