2019 Animated Movies

Honest thoughts?

Attached: 2019.png (3540x446, 2.68M)

I'm happy everything besides TS4 just about bombed
And even then TS4 hasn't made close to the billion Pixar thought it would

easily one of the weakest/blandest years in a while. i liked dragons 3 and missing link tho.

I'm going to keep posting this until you watch good movies.

Attached: 2010s western animation renaissance updated.jpg (984x3164, 1.4M)

oh no....Will the Fucking Lion King win the oscar this year? as a retroactive oscar for the first one?

All then made for little babies
Too much potential wasted

I've only seen the Lego Movie 2 so far. I still can't decide if I like it or not.

SOULLESS

Attached: 1393167614666.png (500x599, 93K)

2010s =/= 2019. i've seen a lot of these movies user

It's all very samey.

I get that people don't like the TLK is soulless but the idea that's its worse than SLOPy 2nds is just wrong.

I am only looking forward to 3 of those. Seen first 2, enjoyed myself immensely.

Adams and Frozen are the last I'll be watching.
What a dull year for animation. TS4, HTTYD3 were by far the best for me. LM2 was okay but I'll probably never watch it again.

None of these upcoming releases look interesting to me. Disappointing.

Attached: 1357012574477.jpg (768x576, 61K)

best super-hero movie this year

Attached: JL vs FF.jpg (749x317, 77K)

I honestly think you should fuck off with your charts.

>Shaun the Sheep 2
>not interesting

Death of Superman is actually good??? Ive been out of the loop in DCAU for a while now.

Its not DCAU and its a crappy adaptation of a cheap shock value story. Had a Hillary Clinton self insert in it

I still feel remorse for giving Frankenweenie a ticket sale (honestly more like four if you include friends) over Paranorman.
I'm so sorry.

the top row will be available to people in 2020, but they are still 2019 films

Is TS4 actually 98% material? Or at least 90%+?

HTTYD3
>Amazing, great conclusion to the trilogy

>Lego Movie 2
Underwhelming

Wonder Park
>Haven't seen but looked bland as fuck

Missing Link
>Fun film

Ugly Dolls
>Haven't seen

Secret Life of Pets 2
>Haven't seen

Toy Story 4
>Pretty good, it just barely justified its existence

Lion King
>It was exactly what I was expecting, though there were a few scenes where the lions needed to be animated to emote more. It's weird, most of the movie has the animals being relatively emotive, but then there are a few where they're not as emotive.

Angry Birds 2
>Didn't see the first, not sure how it'll turn out

Playmobil Movie
>will likely be shit

Abominable
>Will probably be meh

The Addams Family
>Looks fun, might be decent

Arctic Dogs
>Never heard of it

Frozen 2
>Might be good

Farmageddon
>Never heard of it

Spies In Disguise
>Looks meh

What's this, a picture FOR ANTS?

I was underwhelmed by Dragons 3. The villain didn't serve the theme at all and the epilogue took all the emotion out of the denouement for no reason.

Toy Story. I'm not sure it entirely justifies it's existence but I found it entertaining as a movie focused on Woody.

And from the one trailer I've seen I'm strangely intrigued by Frozen 2 despite how cold the first one left me.

Oop, missed that one. Got me there.

Everything there looks bland, soulless and without any substance.

does Lion King really have 56% RT score? ouch.....

Pretty much by definition it isn't fresh

I've only seen HTTYD3 and Lego Movie 2. I prefer Httyd3 but that's mostly because of how amazing that ending is. I plan to see Abominable and I'm surprised to say I'm looking forward to Frozen 2. I was expecting a lot of Olaf inserted into the trailers but Frozen 2 looks more mature than what I was expecting.

plus UFOs on a farm make way more sense than soccer with cavemen, so there's a pretty good chance it'll be better than Early Man

Considering that Disney is trying to market the movie as "live-action" I imagine they'd probably be campaigning to NOT have it included in the Best Animated Feature category.

Attached: waifu genie.png (686x823, 438K)

Congratulations Frozen 2! You really earned that one!

You mean Disney, they ordered the fourth one

Looks like next year the Oscar is going to an anime.

Attached: B6F02440-2D09-4731-BC6A-2448A5704660.jpg (1504x1064, 343K)

Missing Link, The Lego Movie 2 and HTTYD 3 were the only ones I’ve seen. The rest don’t interest me at all, and I’d rather wait to watch them online.
I’m seeing Spies in Disguise because I want to support the only feature animation studio on the east coast, and I hope Disney doesn’t shut it down.

Power point presentations with cute music? Nah.

Is wolfwalkers airing this year?

Why tho? Both movies are pretty nice.

Attached: 9406c26d785a5cd819dda9a6aa542827.jpg (1232x1016, 158K)

Still haven't watched how to train your dragon, but It's HTTYD, I would like it anyways.

Lego movie 2 is pretty awsome. Missing link didn't even arrived to my country.

What about european animated movies? I'm quiet sick of american toons, not complaning tho, I just prefer eurobros animated works.

Attached: yx4ck7ylvs921.png (250x230, 60K)

Is Missing Link worth a watch? I love Laika to death, but was disappointed that they seemed to step away from their usual creative fare to go full fish-out-water comedy.

Attached: Coraline_Mother.jpg (666x386, 49K)

Well I liked it, it was weird as fuck and kind of a mess. In a good way. But strangely I don't think its intended for kids? Like I get the feeling that children will be bored by the movie.

>What about european animated movies?
The Queen's Corgi but it's shit, as do its UK box office, and US theatrical reelase possibly never

They have too:
>coincides with the Tokyo Olympics next year
>pity over a Japanese anime studio burning down

unfortunately it's looking like it won't
I Lost My Body, Bunuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles, and Away are coming to Netflix but they're looking like 2020 releases as well.

At least Tito and the Birds is on Amazon Prime and it was pretty damn good.

Attached: tito-and-the-birds-scene-24.jpg (1920x817, 318K)

meant to reply to

>playmobil the movie
jesus christ hahaha

RELEASE SHAUN THE SHEEP 2 ALREADY, I'M DYING OVER HERE.

it'll probably go to Onward

>But strangely I don't think its intended for kids? Like I get the feeling that children will be bored by the movie.

Had the opposite effect on me.
There were countless moments where I felt like "Eh, maybe I'm getting too old for this shit/this isn't aimed at my demographic".

Onward won’t be out till the following year.