Is it agreeable that there are too many Spider-Men in 616?

Is it agreeable that there are too many Spider-Men in 616?
Is there a way to fix this problem?

Attached: dare i.jpg (351x339, 54K)

A spider virus that fatally kills anyone with the spider mutation in their dna

Attached: Ok retard.jpg (960x706, 40K)

There is never enough Spider-Man.

Attached: trrt.png (1144x600, 1.22M)

Deadpool is such a Spider-Man rip off

Yeah it’s kinda ridiculous. Spider-Man was best when it was just a kid who had a crazy accident. Now we have clones and spider totems and alternate dimension versions. Why do so many stories involve other people with spider powers? Can’t writers think of anything else to do?

There's only one man who can solve this problem.

Attached: 1826348712384.png (472x346, 327K)

He wasnt allowed to get married and have his kid or bury his aunt or grow.
Spidys story is over, only retellings now. Spider-girl comics (mayday) felt like peters natural conclusion.

That being said, even if he was just gonna be caught in reboot hell, the totem shit is terrible, and having miles and gwen run around as spider people that cant have their own names and in media and games are literally referred to as their civilian names to not get confused with spiderman is a cluster fuck.
>oh look spidermans in this game, next to miles and spidergwen? Great hero names guys

If you want to go Hitler route there is always Morlun I guess, problem is he sucks

Here's a better idea, Morlu and the Green Meanie team up to kill every spider in 616, though eventually their differences come to show (Morlun just goes straight for the kill, Goblin likes to relish his victims, stuff like that).

how many are there exactly?

Uh, Miguel, Anya, Jessica, Miles, Gwen, Otto, Peter, Kaine, I think Ben is alive again?

Gwen, Peter, Otto, Ben, Kaine, Miles, Jessica, Anya, Miguel, probably more.
Thing with most of these is that most of them don't add to Spider-Man as a character. They're just minor additions to his cast. Even Carnage can give more to Peter than them.

Osborn, you can't possibly have sex with all of their Gwen's. That's absolute madness.

Only spider people should be peter, ben, and kaine. And eventually mayday

miguel should remain a future character, no need to make him always go back to the past like cable, ben and kaine can move out to other parts of the US, gwen and miles should go to their original universes and I dont fucking know what to do with anya and jessica

Spider-Man is a big popular successful superhero, so he gets the Spider-Verse, just like the Bat Family, Flash Family, Super Family, Green Lantern Corp...

Attached: headless Deadpool holding a grenade.jpg (217x216, 14K)

You forgot Itsy Bitsy, Spiders-Man and Spider Osborn.

Attached: spiders.jpg (1988x3056, 1.72M)

OP is referring to the name Spider-Man specifically, so
Peter,
Miles,
Miguel.
Otto is technically The Superior" Spider-Man and darn it he's trying so hard, so I'll only half count it.

So that's 12 Spiders in total.
Isn't there a theory that Kindred (pic related), the main villain of Spencer's Spider-Man, is actually Spidercide? That'd round it up to 13.

Attached: kindred.jpg (738x1120, 126K)

Kindred could also Peter Parker somehow. His powers are kinda similar to The Other, so maybe he's the part of Peter's soul that remembers the deal with Mephistk.

Attached: RCO023_1469463034.jpg (1600x1250, 333K)

Peter is the only Spiderman in 616. So no.

If you just ignore their stupid way of naming the characters everything becomes a lot easier. Except when it comes to giving them a different name yourself since they don’t bother to make a unique name for every character.

What's Miles called then?
Or did he die or leave for another world at some point without me knowing?

Too many spiders, too many bats, too many kryptonians.

Miles Morales

Attached: D6i5xfuU0AA-Ob8.jpg (1200x675, 98K)

But what is he called when he's wearing a mask and suit?

Let Rosenberg write Spider-Man.

There's only like three Kryptonians if you don't count the dog.

Meanwhile there's like 15 Bats

Too many Earth lanterns. Every sector gets one, but ours get five or more because we are so shit.

This fucker's just asking for someone to pull a "Night Gwen Stacy Died" on him. Jesus christ.

From what I’ve seen there are 2 schools of thought on that.

One group of people calls him “Kid Arachnid” because that was his name in his toy line (and maybe other places idk).

The other group calls him “Shadow Spider”. I’m not sure where that name came from.

Kid Arachnid sounds cool, to be honest. It reminds me of when Timmy Turner was the Amazingly Unsuable Arachni-kid.

Make them into a team and make them more distinct in how they use their powers and abilities.

Attached: emissaryofhell.jpg (584x389, 30K)

Yeah, I like Kid Arachnid. I’ve started calling him that and decided to save “Shadow Spider” for somebody else who doesn’t get a name.

Also, I definitely wish they made comics using the comic characters from Fairly Odd Parents: Bull-E, Naked Lad, H2Olga, The Bronze Kneecap, etc

In an alternate universe, Timmy Turner is the son of Mighty Mom and Dyno Dad, who's superhero adventure lives prevents them from spending time with their son, so they hire Vicky the Babysitter... but then it turns out that Vicky is actually the Babyshredder, and that's when Timmy's superhero adventures begin.

Yes. Exactly. It would be worth it for Disney to buy the rights just to add this stuff alone.

Fuck my life, I love Mile's suit for the most part but why do they insist on reusing the ugliest web pattern in so many instances of Spider-Man. Those webs are atrocious.

Attached: sketch1562756036775.jpg (720x720, 45K)

Whatever you do, keep Miles. Unless you want an OMD 2.0. Trust me, Peter is finally allowed to grow again.

Spider-people?
Pete
Otto now
Kaine
Ben
Jessica Drew (no affiliation to peter)
Ult. Jessica Drew (Peter's rule 63 clone. She's not in 616, but I still like her)
Gwen
Miles
Cindy
Cassandra Webb
Anya
MJ
Julia Carpenter
Anyone wearing the Venom symbiote specifically

He's the solution.
The Final Solution.

Attached: 635752.jpg (957x1492, 420K)

>keep Miles
Didn't Miles' universe get restored?
He could go home.

Calm down Raimi.

Goblin, Spidercide and Morlun teamup when?

Shit, I forgot Pete's demon clone, Doppleganger
I think he's still alive by virtue of being forgotten
There was Web-man too, but I'm 90% sure he's gone forever

Attached: Web-man.jpg (375x563, 108K)

He's from another universe.

So's Miles

>big dumb battle that results in the merging of ryv and mc2 into the main timeline, omd gets trashed entirely
>miles, gwen, whoever else all get booted back to their origin universes so that they actually have a point to exist again
>quesada gets called a hack in the actual comics
>it will never happen
>616 spidey will just go on forever with dumb multiversal events, rehashed stories from the 80s that miss the point of what made them great and peter forever being an idiotic manchild

Attached: 1484424870120.png (568x454, 367K)

Mattie Franklin too
Mayday
That's 16-18 spider-characters (depending on if you want to count Web-Man and Ult. Jessica Drew) and I'm sure there's still some missing

Has there ever been a Spider-People team book that wasn't event based ?

No. You’re thinking of Spider-Mon the Jamaican guy who talks to spiders

>Doppleganger
He's in the Absolute Carnage event.

Attached: 1533395407958.png (843x353, 619K)

It still is that. Them having the same powers does not make them the same characters.

Not even all of them.

Someone forgot the Steel Spider too. He's still alive, but currently in a Negative Zone prison or some shit.
That makes it 19.

Attached: steel spider.jpg (320x294, 25K)

Is he still banging silk?

Make Jameson from another universe with Phoenix Force, Starbrand, the Eye of Agamotto, Hulk powers, etc come to kill all the Spiders.

Create a character to create a mass death of Spider characters, a Spidercide, if you will.

Eh then there’d really be no point in him.
I’m not really sure there was ever a point in going to 2099 in the first place

Don't worry they murdered the shit out of Itsy Bitsy

She's still alive. Albeit, as a really small spider that's regenerating, but still alive.

bump

Spiderman, Hulk, Wolverine and Hawkeye/Bullseye types. What part of "freak radiation accident" don't these people get? And then the so called best archers in the world are a dime a dozen as well. They only do this to extend patents on characters for a few more years

Ewing seems to at least realize this for Hulk and seems to be slowly pushing the idea that gamma mutates were made on purpose by The One Below All as his way of getting into the world.

>What part of "freak radiation accident" don't these people get?
How many marvels have this thing as their origin story in total?

At this point too many. A sorcerer supreme, ghost rider, or even Thor is acceptable because these are calls to action by a higher power. But how many people in the marvel universe are helmed as being the smartest in the world? DC has the same problem with Batman(went above and beyond to train to perfection), Superman(the Last Kryptonian), and the Flash(chemical accident)

People love the multiverse for some reason. I fucking hate it but we just gotta get over it I guess

I thought I was the only one who hated it too

Attached: Blank+_75dd64536acdbb78b858f51dcae78370.png (326x145, 11K)

The "problem" is that these heroes aren't being developed to be apart of the Avengers or Justice League teams, they mainly exist in their own little bubble, and it's why stuff like Avengers: Endgame is referred to as a Crossover. The Avengers itself is a crossoever team, same logic applies to the Justice League and the Teen Titans. The Fantastic Four and X-Men are some of the only teams that have members created specifically to be in that team as it's own little bubble.

Spider-Man is a stand-alone hero, just as Flash or Batman or Iron Man are. This means that he has his own "universe" within the larger 616 crossover universe. Because he's his own standalone hero in his own bubble, he's pretty much the central protagonist, the Main Character, the big Hero, and thus he has characters that fulfill the "just like the hero but not" tropes. Sidekicks, love interests and rivals that are all twists on the protagonist's own concept rather than random other people with no direct ties to the idea of a spider man. That is the kind of thing that always happens.

The Flash's origin has mostly been changed in perspective to now being focused around the lightning strike rather than the chemical reaction.

just fucking kill miles already

Do a dc retcon on the whole fucking thing

I just want hero Doctor Octopus again. Otto should have a realization that he doesn't want to be associated with that "fool" Spider-Man and should strive to make his original title to be associated with heroism. If the public can do a 180 on Norman Fucking Osborn, they can accept a hero Doctor Octopus.

Attached: Superior Doctor Octopus cover.jpg (1200x1845, 383K)