Spider-Verse

How did such a masterpiece even get made? And by SONY of all studios?

Attached: spiderverse.jpg (1200x680, 126K)

Sony had no fucking idea what to do with the Spiderman movie rights
But, the LEGO Movie guys were available
Sony gave them money and trust them to do right by them
They did

>Throws money at Phil Lord, he makes a good Spider-Man movie
>Throws money at Insomniac, they make a good Spider-Man game
Sony found the key to good Spidey media, too bad they probably don't even realize it.

>Sony found the key to good Spidey media,
Money?

Just watched this and now that sunflower song is stuck in my head

>throws all the money at Rami, and he makes Spider-Man 3
Not a perfect strategy, it seems

haha I wonder what the meaning of the song is

But in the same year they made Venom.

Giving said money to competent creators with not a lot under their belt that would jump at the chance to have such a huge IP to mess around with. And yes, also money.

Probably because actual effort and heart was put into it. I'm surprised they even won back their reputation after Emoji Movie.

Speaking of Spider-Verse even Marvel is starting to cash in on its success by making a mini filled with fan-made SpiderOCs (or as normalfags call it "Spidersonas").

2 out of 3 ain't bad, plus it has a lot of memorable (albeit ridiculous) moments.

>Will the sequel suck because it's made by different people?
>Will the sequel have Venom?
>Will the sequel have Gwen's cameltoe?
>Will Miles meet real Miles?
>Will The Rose be in the sequel?
>How many sequels do they plan on?
>How many Spider-Men can they fit into one movie?
>Do they actually have the rights to any superheroes that aren't Spider-Man variants?
>Is that Animated series really going to happen?
>Is the all-female sequel going to be a disaster?
>More Peni?

Attached: spider-gwen ass.jpg (1200x1694, 517K)

The LEGO movie guys were available at the right time. The movie was a fluke. The sequel is shaping itself to be a huge disappointment

AYY
AYY
AYY
AAAYY

OO
OO
OOO OOOH OOOHHhh
AYY AYY

Why is that so surprising?
Sony has been consistently good.

The only other great Sony cartoon was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballls... by the same guys.

>How did such a masterpiece even get made? And by SONY of all studios?

>...and with Amy "Coke fiend" Pascal still in the picture

added a extra fact

>Sony getting involved in the production of Spider-Man 3, forcing Venom

This doesn’t make sense.
Sony used the Spiderman rights to make movies.
Also them using the LEGO movie guys is also knowing what to do with the rights as they decided to do that.

just curious
why did you think "coke fiend" was the go-to detail here and not "Ghostbusters (2016)"?

>Amy "Coke fiend" Pascal
I've met more rational coke fiends. Seeing "Pascal pictures" at the end of far from home is probably the anyway I've been at the movies this year

Just throwing money at things works for a little bit, but it inevitably turns in to experimenting with a huge budget because you can if you keep throwing money at the same people.

Its why trilogies tend to burn out after the second iteration. The first one is a quality product that gets people turning their heads and going "oh, hey, these guys know what they're doing". The second one is the product they WOULD have made with the original if they had the budget they wanted, and it ends up being great. The third one ends up being "Hey, they gave us a bunch of money to make this third thing. Lets experiment, or try to go under budget so we can pocket the difference, or use this money to fund other things we want to do as long as the thing still gets finished."

Well they aren’t catering to you personally, so we will have to see if their next move pleases you.

Raimi did his best given the studio's demands.

This is Raimi's original Spider-Man 3. Venom was forced by Sony.

Attached: vulturesm7.jpg (1024x515, 69K)

Money is the key to all things. So that’s just a given.

The movie still would have had villain overload if the vulture was still in

That’s probably the most recent song in my playlist.

Right after Help Me Rhonda.

The hate for SpiderMan3 is overrated af

I want the all female squad to succeed, but it depends on if they do it like the original charmed or the sequel.

>Sequel
The reboot is atrocious. Ruins all the good parts of charmed.

>Giving said money to competent creators
I should write this down can thing of a couple of channels that could do with this golden formula.

Studio interference you retard. Same reason why TASM2 is the worst Spider-Man movie in existence.

Plus it helped them that Disney fucked up Break it Bort, hey we got this sequel about video games characters going online and they can explore the modern world of online gaming plus we want to get The Mario into the movie, then Disney comes along and say nah lets make Emoji movie 2.0 and advertise all the stuff we absorbed into our circle over the years no video games just Disney and memes

Peni parker is most popular alt spider. Why won't they give her her own series? They can draw it Western style.

Attached: PeniParker.jpg (230x350, 80K)

>Raimi wanted to do a movie about spider-man beating up a struggling dad who accidentally killed an old man
>Sony realized it was shit and made them add venom

Problem was Raimi not understand nor liking venom, if he had done the chracters he wanted he could had pulled it off

What really astounds me is that right before this they put out that abomination of a movie known as the Emoji movie. So obviously the talent is there, I'm sure it's just the suits that are holding them back

So?

Putting money and rights and freedom in the hands of people who care (i.e., not the business suits who think making Spidey a skater punk photographer artist is cool because it's edgy and in fashion)

That’s what they’ve been doing.