Comics

Comics
>Peter riding his wrestling television superstar fame deems the robber not worth his time, and the cop's problem, the crook later breaks into May and Ben's home, and kills Ben

Raimi
>Peter is ripped off by the manager, which gives him valid reason to not stop the robber, who just so happens to pick Ben's car to take.

Webb
>Peter doesn't get his milk and doesn't help the store owner in revenge. Robber runs into Uncle Ben who went out to look for Peter and kills him. Peter becomes Spider-Man out of revenge.

Watts
>Yet to show the origin.

There has not been a single movie with Uncle Ben's death that actually does it correctly. Peter had absolutely no reason to not stop the crook. Hell, in AF15, plenty of Peter's dialogue is one step away from being a supervillain monologue. It's poetic that Peter, the person nobody really likes, gets powers, abuses it and loses one of the only people who actually cares about him. The only thing keeping Amazing Fantasy 15 from being a Twilight Zone/Tales From the Crypt segment is that Spider-Man comes back for more stories.

Attached: uncle-ben-1.jpg (1400x1000, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=igAgqgY4xDI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Too nuanced for film.

>valid reason to not stop the robber
No it's not you fucking faggot. If you're going to be a hero then you need to not be a vindictive little shit and let criminals do crime unimpeded because the victims "deserved" it

>Peter
>Comics
>Wrestling
Someones not read the comics...

Raimis version was the best

Adaptations have a real problem with not wanting to risk Peter being unlikable. Even based Spectacular softened him up.

It's a pity because it's a great place to kick off some character development, and make it clear that Peter doing good is always an active choice.

That's a huge aspect of Spiderman I think is key and always neglected. Peter created Spiderman to be a power fantasy, a vehicle to act out all of his desires for petty revenge. It's literally how Identified with the character to begin with

The fuck do you mean? It's a perfectly valid way of showing character growth and reason, Peter made a mistake and is punished for it, and learns from it to then act as a role model for people to follow.
What's so bad about that? It's very human and relatable.

>There has not been a single movie with Uncle Ben's death that actually does it correctly

Raimi does

You?

AF15 was meant to be a one off about Peter getting too self absorbed with his powers and has to learn a lesson for it.

Peter is supposed to be more like me, with more anger and outright vindictiveness, the only reason he wasn't the bully himself is because it was inflicted on him first from being small and strange as a teenager.

But they had Peter making a homophobic joke.

He wasn't trying to be a hero

ASM did that pretty well, I thought.

Yes they were trying to make him likeable and succeeded

Honestly, we only needed it the one time, I’m happy that the MCU trusts its audience to be familiar enough to the character to not require actually seeing his death. The few little bits and references we’ve had sprinkled in Civil War, Homecoming and FFH were great for anyone who is a comic fan enough to catch them, sadly this also means casuals (the majority of the audience) will miss them and assume Uncle Ben never existed in the MCU

Brave Peter standing against the lbgt oppressor

This. I liked how he had his real eye-opener at the dinner with Gwen's dad.

Based Raimi-posters know what the score is.

Plus, Raimi version had Best Girl Ursula.

Those Feels When you'll never have qt3.14 slav gf who loves you so much and will feed you cookies. Feels so bad, man. Truly worst possible timeline.

Attached: 004SPT_Mageina_Tovah_001.jpg (720x540, 79K)

I mean, it bugs me they've gutted uncle ben from the story in the MCU and suck off ironman so fucking much...

But I get they do want to do something different and also avoid repeating the same steps we always see in Spider-man media. I mean, there's a reason Into The Spider-Verse kept doing that whole "Okay, people, let's do this one last time..." and gave quick summary of things.

youtube.com/watch?v=igAgqgY4xDI

>peters about to finish into his new slav wife
>normans ghost rises into the apartment
>starts cheering him on
>”IMPRESSIVE, DONT PULL OUT AM I?”
>peters close to climax
>”FINISH IT”
>peter collapses onto the bed and then turns to the spectre
>”dont tell harry”

What exactly do the others do wrong?
Well speaking broadly, Ultimately the only difference is an element of direct spite rather than general spite like the comics.
But in the end the message is the same, Pete let a bad person run amuck because he was too selfish to see the greater ramifications and Uncle Ben was killed for it.

Raimi version is most effective because the consequences are immediate but not forced like choco milk. The burger breaking into the Parker house was just a freak coincidence in comparison to Unlce Ben getting wasted like 2 minutes later

>Watts
May's one night stand with Tony, she's his real mom

>That scene where Ursala tells Peter she's pregnant
>"Godspeed, Spiderman"
The Director's Cut sure expanded on the universe a lot.

>Being this much of a filthy casual

Normie genocide when?

The problem with MCU Peter isn't necessarily that they didn't give a backstory, but that he also acts like he doesn't have a backstory. You wouldn't even think he was Spider-Man before he met Tony if they didn't show it. Yet he seems to have no underlying reasons of his own to have been doing that. It's really bizarre.

doing good has nothing to do with doing it personally.
He learns his lesson that the world as an entirety is a place that needs to be saved

Peter being directly wronged by the person who gets robbed makes his decision more justifiable to the audience. The other versions sort of imply he would have stopped the robber if the victim didn't wrong him.

This.

Spectacular went for almost two seasons before an episode covering Ben's death, but they still make it clear that his presence haunts Peter and drives his motivation.

By the sound of some interviews, Watts not even sure if Ben' dead.

Surface level it seems just like Peter becomes obsessed with the idea of the prevention of ever having to face evil in life again. But especially in raimi verse it becomes a bit clearer as a whole when you take the speech into account. The responsibility to stop evil in the world is meant universally. Because no matter what evil it can affect the innocent and the world as a whole. Or even in a shitty butterfly effect. It is in your responsibility to stop this stuff if you can, because it might lead to worse. Peter also kinda projects the speeches meaning onto the situation.
If he didn't follow his grudge and egoism the murder wouldnt have happened, it is in your responsibility to be selfless

Even if they do they learn the folly of that pretty immediately.
In the end it stems from the same place of "the world has been nothing but dicks, I look out for me." just streamlined to that back and forth.

Except in 616 the world was mostly fine to him early on. The guy who got robbed wasn't a dick. Peter was being a dick "back" to people who hadn't done shit to him. See also his first interaction with the F4.

He's clearly just fostering clickbait.

Not how Pete saw it

Attached: PeteHang.png (214x322, 204K)

Are those the words of noted Randroid and recluse Steve Ditko?

Spider-Man is a menace.

Attached: real spider man.jpg (1041x803, 306K)

That's because he was a bitch boy, not because he was right. Literally everyone except Flash and his clique was nice to him. So yeah changing it so that he's justified in that line of thinking is meaningful.
I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad change, but making the character coming from feeling like nobody was cool to him (and him being a dick to them when they were) to him being a gud boy who dindu nothing and is nice to everyone who doesn't fuck with him is a significant difference.

Nah he got his start wrestling.

And even then Flash wasn't always a dick to Peter.

No, famously Stan wrote the dialog and narration boxes.

Peter had 0 intentions of being a good person at that point in the story.

His delivery of the "Not my policy" line was the most accurate version of Peter's selfishness and vindictive inner self that was present in the Ditko era.

Attached: andrew-garfield-the-amazing-spiderman-glasses-oliver-peoples-02.jpg (734x847, 250K)

I like how it keeps on getting more pathetic as time goes on. Its hard to beat the chocolate milk he was a a dime or so away from buying.

Watts origin
>peter is on the subway and a rich typical shadey loud arrogent "businessman" is disrepectfull to peter. And a 1 penny and a strip of gum falls out his pocket and some guy takes it peter looks the other way.
>later that night the guy trips uncle ben as an EPIC PRANK and ben hit his head on the concrete and dies.

Attached: imagine-getting-uncle-ben-killed-over-chocolate-milk-this-post-39929268.png (500x489, 74K)

>Tobey Gang
Seems like a downgrade from the Pussy Posse.

willem dafoe screaming at you while cumming, that's how I imagine hell

Cope harder, basketballman fang

Attached: x7ltg2zgvr321.jpg (738x718, 58K)

I doubt you're allowed to cum in hell.

>The problem with MCU Peter isn't necessarily that they didn't give a backstory, but that he also acts like he doesn't have a backstory.
You didn't watch his first scene on Civil War?

I think some people need an actual namedrop if not Peter telling the story to someone to consider it acknowledged. Would probably help if he didn't think of Tony in moments where he needs inspiration, makes it look like this motivation offsets that one.

It's not good storytelling to depend on your audiences knowledge of other movies to understand the driving force behind the motivation of your main character.

It's been a while, what was his motivation in the 90's cartoon?

It is when your character is a multimedia icon with decades of history.