The Dragon Prince

Dragon prince had a panel at SDCC, with a bit of news but no Season 3 date. Can't seem to find any tweets from the panel that aren't filled with breathless speculation and rumors but there's an article covering it at least:

>polygon.com/2019/7/20/20701981/the-dragon-prince-season-3-trilogy-lore-books-sdcc-2019

>Along with the info dump, Ehasz and Richmond gave fans an exclusive look at book 3. The clip was a flashback, opening with Sol Regem, the sun dragon, soaring over the open water. He lands on a mountain and meets Ziard, a dark mage. ”I smell death,” the dragon tells the human, before asking him kindly to give up on dark magic. Ziard pushes back: dark magic is what brought humans out of the age of starvation, helped them grow beyond being lesser beings.

>“YOU ARE LESSER BEINGS,” the dragon snaps.

>The dragon threatens to destroy the city of Elarium if the human doesn’t give up dark magic. He takes flight, and the human shoots a spiral of purple smoke into the sky, channeling dark magic. He drains the life of a flock of birds. The dragon wheels around to take care of this problem. They shoot twin fireballs at each other. The human appears to be vaporized. The dragon crashes into the sea. And that’s that.

Attached: SDCC_Dragon_Prince_Season_3___poster.png (920x1227, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nqYpfL8Kfgs
discord.gg/bMbzs9u
twitter.com/BlueJaigEyes/status/1152631898994180097
discord.gg/65pSnA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritans
its-not-its.info/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ehasz started the panel by laying out the timeline of The Dragon Prince, which is expected to continue on with four more seasons after season 3, which is subtitled “Sun.”

>“There is a distinct trilogy quality within the books of the saga,” he said. “The first part of that is The Dragon Prince and that’s now.”

>The duo also revealed that the franchise will publish new books intended to deepen the lore through a collaboration with Scholastic. “It’s an amazing creative partnership, and every single book that we are working on with them is meant to feed the fandom and the community,” Ehasz said. The deal includes a guidebook, graphic novels, and a core book that tells the story of the saga “but can go deeper.”

Unclear if the other parts of the trilogy will focus on the same characters or move on to other ones. Maybe a timeskip? I don't think the showrunners have really specified.

Attached: series blueprint.png (920x690, 515K)

Viren did nothing wrong.

>Ehasz and Richmond also dug into the timeline of Xadia, and how certain eras will impact both the books and the series. Five thousand years ago, Xadia was in its “mythical, Biblical first days,” a time long before elves and dragons were allied in which humans suffered and struggled. The “rise of Elarion” came around 2,000 years before the events of the series, and saw humans find their way to magic.

>Around 1200 years ago finds the arch dragon of sun, Sol Regem, as king of the dragons during this era, when dark magic became problematic and humans poached magical creatures for their parts. Shortly after came the division of Xadia.

>The next big turning point for the world was 300 years before the series, a time Ehasz and Richmond dub “the era of Avizandum.” Two stories they want to tell take place during this era: The Fallen Star and The Orphan Queen. We don’t know anything about The Fallen Star yet ... but we will. The team noted that history will one day know the modern era as “The Return of Aaravos.”

So elves and dragons haven't always been allies. Wonder if we'll see any of the story there. And humans had been doing dark magic for hundreds of years before the rift happened. Wonder if something about its practice changed and made it more of an immediate problem?

Attached: tdp timeline.png (920x690, 471K)

>The duo also revealed that the franchise will publish new books intended to deepen the lore through a collaboration with Scholastic. “It’s an amazing creative partnership, and every single book that we are working on with them is meant to feed the fandom and the community,” Ehasz said. The deal includes a guidebook, graphic novels, and a core book that tells the story of the saga “but can go deeper.”

>The team also teased The Orphan Queen, a new story they hope to tell in the series, books or even in a feature film, which follows a young human girl who starts from nothing and grows up without parents. She takes a dangerous journey to Xadia and ends up saving the world. She’s also Ezran’s first royal ancestor. Ehasz and Richmond said the idea was born when they were imagining where the Key of Aaravos comes from.

Attached: the orphan queen.png (920x690, 454K)

I can't tell if this is confirmation that we're getting 7 seasons, or if it's just what the showrunners are hoping for. I wouldn't expect them to put a whole timeline up publicly if they weren't pretty confident, but people who were at the panel seem to be under the impression that the show's future is somehow uncertain. Can't tell if they're basing this off of information I haven't found, or if they're just being paranoid.

Is that game even coming out? They've been pretty cagey about it lately.

Shitty quality vid of the clip
youtu.be/nqYpfL8Kfgs

The interesting bits are that Elarion seems to be the name of the city and that the staff presently in Viren's posession was something given by the Great Ones? Gods of sorts to this world maybe?

Can someone post a decent translation of the Elarion poem? I want to see how differently it reads with the knowledge that Elarion was a city.

They've been cagey about it from the start, honestly. All we've got to go on are a few vague statements and a couple pieces of concept art they showed back in February.

Attached: D0IzFCqUYAUNpfF.jpg (1200x900, 165K)

kek Elarionsues eat shit.

Oh look dragons starting shit AGAIN.

I'm glad he got wrecked for his bullshit.
Viren was right.

*ahem* gentlemen? A second, if you will.
FUCK DRAGONS.
FUCK ELVES.
HUMANITY WILL TAKE BACK WHAT IT’S OWED.

GODDAMNIT CALLUM I DIDN'T MEAN THAT SECOND BIT LITERALLY.

Attached: 1555D2D9-25A9-4590-8630-9F890E7D1773.jpg (177x188, 27K)

I think this is, quite possibly, entirely based.

>3+2+2
The asymmetry has triggered my autism.

Attached: Irony.png (538x632, 629K)

I couldn't decide if this scene was kino or hamfisted as fuck

I really want to know how the humans killed Thunder. When he was in charge of all the elves, other ancients dragons and this lad. Sol Regem has to be the same size as godzilla.

Ambushed his ass. It's all fun and games until humans pop out of the bushes with dark magic pointed at your head.

remember to vote for TDP everyone

Attached: 1563224921091.jpg (818x1000, 733K)

I'm not surprised at all that humans killed Thunder. A fireball made on the fly from a handful of birds was enough to burn out Sol Regem's eyes. Imagine what a dark mage could do if he came prepared for a fight.

Animated refuse that only attracts inferior humans of the "social justice warrior" persuasion who would constantly communicate with the "#WOKE" hashtag.

most erudite.
If I may counter, however, please engage in coitus.

Attached: 1548585435756.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Attached: 1559284438633.png (392x200, 40K)

Are Elarion and Aaravos destroying the world via their human magic-user puppets?

I won't pretend the plot is worth anything but most of the character designs, dialogue, and fight scenes are good and fun. It's a cartoon, they can't all be ATLA.

Elarion, trembling seedling
Lying on the ground on an icy night.
And in the cold
She pulled her roots
Defying the deadly winter bite.

Elarion, and her open flower,
Afraid of wilt, darkness and death,
She searched the darkness
For a Spark
And caught the eyes of a hungry dragon.

Elarion, the fearful fool,
Reached her white branches toward the night,
Asking the stars
To receive their light
And stop the fire of the raging dragon.

Elarion, a heavy body,
Cried as the stars of the sky turned to black,
They turned their backs
They concealed their light,
They left Elarion to die.

Elarion, her shell struggled death,
She withered and suffered in darkness,
Until the last star
Linked from afar:
a fire, a gift, a spark.

Elarion, with her pure whiteness,
Embraced the great black night flame.
When she bent down,
She declared her faith,
She whispered, "Aaravos," his name.

Elarion, black-eyed child,
Her twisted roots spread deep and far,
The humans’ might
Sparked by the light
Of Aaravos, her midnight star.

>turns out Dragons are supremacists
>they probably only tolerate elves because elves are huge bootlicks
>Aavaros is a disciple of the old gods and gets dark magic from them
>feels sorry for humans struggling and getting shat on all the time, so he gives them dark magic
>other elves are afraid that the dragons will turn on them, so they lock Aavaros away

Dragons seem like assholes

So... humans were starting to get organized and founded the city of Elarion, but the dragons didn't like that so they started fucking with them. The humans asked the stars (elves) for help and the elves told them to fuck off. Aaravos wasn't willing to let the humans be murdered, so he gave them dark magic to defend themselves with. With this newfound power, humanity fought off the dragons and began to prosper.

For a kids show, very kino.

>Aavaros

He's the broest of the bros. Can somebody make the ''chad Aavaros vs the virgin elves/dragons'' image?

Attached: In honor of our hero.png (662x387, 234K)

Have you thanked humanity's defenders today?

Attached: tumblr_pqhb5bl5sC1t5psmr_1280.jpg (1280x1258, 152K)

Humanity is shit, just like in real life.

>people already want to fuck that dragon

Attached: 18EBEC9A-3CCB-44B3-89EA-7C1DCC5FAE60.png (409x598, 386K)

Shut the fuck up, Runaan.

Fuck off, Vic.

It was inevitable, really.

>a totally not scheming millennia old elf who has no agenda of his own, believe it
>a political and social moron who is totally not getting his ass torpedo'd by the not-scheming-elf
Humanity is fucked.

You make me want them to get their own sitcom.

>they confirmed they are doing an elven Callum with horrible accent to boot
of course!
discord.gg/bMbzs9u

Attached: 5ekcrahgbuj21.jpg (1242x1536, 148K)

he's a big dragon

Go to bed, Ron.

4u

Attached: 4.jpg (574x452, 30K)

Yes, pls.

Attached: tumblr_poyeyiyHPe1saqf6f_1280.jpg (1280x1225, 243K)

Attached: 1475328290211.jpg (5920x3408, 1.41M)

I like how the only choice is between mediocrity (AtLA) and absolute wokeness/unwatchability.

yes

Attached: D2dIzKcXQAEENuL.jpg (1000x1000, 179K)

Humanity is invincible!

Attached: Edison War Peace.png (1334x750, 1.93M)

Reminder that "overarching" stories are objectively inferior to episodic ones.

Attached: Game of Thrones 8.jpg (960x1644, 172K)

Overarching stories are only bad if the writers don't bother planning them out, or if the staff changes partway through or, in the case of GoT, the writers flagrantly stop giving a fuck. Two of those are just as applicable to episodic stories.

>trusting Blue Sauron
You've set yourselves up for an oh so surprising betrayal.

Attached: 1551566391865.png (1000x1231, 315K)

Just once I'd like the twist to be that the obviously evil guy isn't actually secretly good, or evil, but just a normal and flawed guy.

Glorious. Now they just have to add an elf-chad crushing on elf-Callum and season will be perfect.

Attached: 1550424528087.png (1000x1294, 364K)

Ork school of disguise in action.

Attached: 2E5DD39D-1C4C-404F-B04E-8251A83D69FD.jpg (1000x1377, 139K)

Subtlely and moderation are fit tool only for masters. Hack writers that can't even justify why souldraining a bunch of critters to save your brother is an abomination could never wield them.

Attached: 1550316425323.jpg (1920x1080, 421K)

>that limp wrist
Oh god yes, elf-Callum has to be a gloriously flamboyant.

Attached: 1551280720701.jpg (996x768, 88K)

>Now they just have to add an elf-chad cucking elf-Callum and season will be perfect
ftfy

wouldn't he be better disguising himself as a sky-elf, since he can 'prove' his identity by doing magic?

Attached: 1387414048619.gif (480x600, 85K)

Orc? WHere is the orc? Behind the elf farseer?

Sky elves have wings, don't they. They could always smash glue, twigs and chicken feathers together but that's probably a tad too obvious.

Those have wings. That's a hard trick.

Attached: End of the 2nd age.jpg (1920x1080, 269K)

More Claudia, less anything else please

>The next big turning point for the world was 300 years before the series, a time Ehasz and Richmond dub “the era of Avizandum.” Two stories they want to tell take place during this era: The Fallen Star
>The Fallen Star
So Aaravos only got mirror'd 300 years ago, when Thunder took over as the Dragon King? I had assumed Thunder had been king for longer, given how long-lived his species is.

>Two stories they want to tell take place during this era:
I hate prequels. It's like the authors admitting they fucked up the main plotline and want a redo.

Yeah, Fallen Star is not a very subtle title.

Attached: Cube prison.png (400x400, 194K)

Maybe not. There was some concept art that said the wings aren't always there and they come out of Sky Elves tattoo marks.

Attached: tumblr_pmimk2VPHP1vlrndo_1280.jpg (1280x1014, 192K)

>the wings aren't always there and they come out of Sky Elves tattoo marks.
My new headcanon is that water elves have octopus tentacles that come out whenever they are in the mood, if you know what I mean.

Attached: Primal elements.png (1156x1016, 1.51M)

Damn, fanart always comes quickly.
They said The Orphaned Queen was about Ezran's ancestor and her adventures in Xadia, so maybe there's correlation between Aaravos getting mirrored and how the cube got into human territory.

Attached: D_80ftDXkAMFM0K.jpg (900x1200, 230K)

>The duo also revealed that the franchise will publish new books intended to deepen the lore through a collaboration with Scholastic. The deal includes a guidebook, graphic novels, and a core book that tells the story of the saga “but can go deeper.”
I just want a fucking cartoon.

Any transcripts floating around of the little sketch they did? For some reason the thought of listening to VAs act as their characters outside of the direct context of a tv show makes me want to cringe out of my skin, but it sounded like it was cute.

Then just watch the cartoon and don't buy any of the extra stuff. Easy enough.

As long as they are really extras and not "you want to know how the story ends and where half of these characters come from? Read our shitty comics!".

No for what I see, just the video. Maybe try closing your eyes and focus on listening only? It's just mindless fun, so nothing relevant, and there wasn't much if any shipping either. For those who want to listen to it:
twitter.com/BlueJaigEyes/status/1152631898994180097

Also as long as they’re not covered by a different team that uses them to hijack themes and background.

is Rayla finally going to spill her spaghetti this season?

Attached: carh8lcnkil21 (1).png (800x2744, 1.6M)

drink more onions ron

Rayla is a lesbian.

>tfw no ocean elves yet

Attached: 87735.gif (480x269, 1.47M)

This ain't cartoon network, son.

>>“YOU ARE LESSER BEINGS,” the dragon snaps.
Remember to thank our Lord and Savior Viren for his tireless work protecting humanity from those who wish to kill and enslave us.

Watch. By the final season, the humans will be unambiguously bad because they're destroying the Earth's lifeforce or some dumb shit like that.

Attached: tumblr_pochtyO5S11y8xowto1_1280.png (1280x1280, 278K)

Glitch Techs was leaked here and basically within the day there was many drawing lewds of Miko and the Pokemon girls literally as soon as they get announced within minutes the new lewds get out, that is the nature of the internet

Attached: D_80iWbWkAAkjl-.jpg (900x1200, 143K)

not going to lie but i lmfao'd at the shippers that got btfo today. called it ages ago. it was a fucking city.

hope we get more of Chad Soren

Attached: 0bb51872ec1887917c03184ce8dcba10.jpg (564x684, 45K)

>but people who were at the panel seem to be under the impression that the show's future is somehow uncertain.
Almost no Netflix show has gone beyond 3 seasons, for a variety of reasons.

Better sibling dynamic than the fire ones, change my mind:
discord.gg/bMbzs9u

Attached: 57052413_2213220638760832_8309694496400043587_n.jpg (480x480, 40K)

This report came out not too long ago that people don't make new/keep new subscriptions for shows that go past Season 2. This has got people freaking out for obvious reasons, but I doubt Netflix is short sighted even to think that means "don't go past season 2" for any shows.

Attached: D8keJMPWwAMUXQm.jpg (933x1200, 150K)

The moment Caellum proved humans can use primal source magic Viren and dark magic got BTFO. It's not the only option, just a shortcut.

What if there were Xadian leaders/mages that KNEW humans could use magic, before the development of dark magic, but kept it secret out of bigotry?

So it's up to the younger generation of human, elf and dragon to undo the damage done by their elders

Aavaros either knew or didn't. If he didn't then he's not as smart as he thinks he is/thinks dark magic is better period (collateral damage be damned) and if he did know then humanity are his puppets. Either way Dark Magic and Dark Magic users are now relying on the power of others out of choice.

Viren and his stupid kids are easily my favorite characters.

Attached: 765439876.jpg (1025x1199, 106K)

I kind of dig this. I know it's super cliche, but the fact it seems even the Dragons aren't the absolute Good means the story is less about one particular side being the right and more about what they can accomplish as a group.

I want a bigger Dragon Prince folder and I want it to be full of handholding.

Attached: tumblr_inline_ppjsykAimo1s47fqu_1280.png (1280x1600, 2.03M)

The reverence for dragons in this show probably bothers me more than it should. They seem like assholes to me.

Attached: 76567686797.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Degenerate scum

They are assholes and good on humanity for refusing to put up with their bullshit anymore.

Attached: tumblr_pnjz1ciStp1xipz08o1_r1_1280.jpg (1280x1600, 599K)

>holding hands with disgusting elvish 4 fingered degenerates
disgusting

Take your perversions elsewhere, deviant.

Attached: tumblr_pr7kp7h2ch1umhnmvo1_1280.jpg (786x1482, 195K)

Kinda surprised to admit that this is the Yea Forums thing I'm most excited about, it's been that way for a while.

>implying you don't want to feel her exotic, unfamiliar fingers twining between your own
>implying you don't want to idly stroke her lightly calloused pads

Attached: tumblr_pnwwyqsg081sz0ji8o1_1280.jpg (1280x1920, 521K)

>sauron
He seems more like a Saruman to me

>If he didn't then he's not as smart as he thinks he is/thinks dark magic is better period
OR he's just not (and never was) as much of an all knowing God as people seem to think he and the rest of his kind are.

>collateral damage be damned
You mean all those poor animals who would've been killed by humans for basic sustenance anyway, regardless of dark magic being used?

>and if he did know then humanity are his puppets
Or perhaps arcana magic just wasn't accessible enough for most humans and he decided that dark magic was a surer way to bolster their might against a looming threat of dragons coming to burn down their village.

We don't even have proof that he is/was bigoted towards humans to begin with.

Yes, he's shady as fuck now but we don't know where his head space was all those years ago.

t. Nonmagical cuck sapien

t. knife-ear bootlicker

Based and Virenpilled

This

Guess that solidifies Aaravos as the show’s Prometheus

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he gave humans dark magic specifically because he knows how the others would react to it, being a big target painted onto them that humans nonetheless will come to depend on. For all we know, his goal is for humanity to take everyone else down and go down themselves in the process for his old god masters for whatever reason, possibly being held back by the dragons. Watch that be what happens.

This is fucking amazing. Since the show started there have been dragoncucks and elves apologists shitting out their "Viren is evil, Thunder did nothing wrong". What can they say now? Their heroes have been shown to consider us as lesser beings, on par with insects and birds. And are ready to LITTERALLY BURN A CITY AND KILL ALL HIS HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF CITIZENS because they wanted humans to remain in the dirt.
What can you say now, traitors?

Yeah, trust the giant lizards who treat you like shit instead. They obviously know better

It's very naive to blindly believe something that is not even of your own species would have a genuine wish to help you out of pure altruism.

told you homos that there are bad people on both sides
we simply didn't see them because we had literally one elf and one dragon character while we had plenty of humans to show their bad side. now that we on xadia, we are going to see SHIT, starting with Sol "Flying Auschwitz" Regen.

Attached: A3C419FB-8572-4D45-9DDA-9D720824B0A4.jpg (780x520, 114K)

I've heard this story too, though in this case the creators say they've already inked deals with Scholastic to release books and everything, which can't be a small investment. *Someone* higher up either has a lot of faith in the property, or has seen encouraging numbers.

I wonder how much of it will be simply down to the fact that they incinerate anyone who doesn't practically worship them.

The way you introduce and present characters for the first time pretty much lays the main groundwork onward, and Aavaros character can be defined as Shady Smug Cunt, capital letters and all.
And like, if Aavaros was really helping humans with no perceived drawbacks at the time, there is no reason whatsoever for him to hide the fact he was a "human ally" of sort from Viren and explain himself for whatever fallout there might been. He's deliberately not using important info that by all means could earn the trust of the man he wants to manipulate and instead is making himself look even more suspicious. The only reason to ever do this is because whatever else there's to that particular story would be potentially a complete deal-breaker and would make even Viren blanch from ever using the mirror. There's also the fact that Aavaros is clearly shown in the elven side when shit goes down with the humans I'm not saying there isn't more to Aavaros than meets the eye, but to believe we don't have enough info to start suspecting him and to doubt that his altruistic act was nothing but that, an act, is laughable.

Man I hope they put in another twist on Callum being able to access Primal Magic other than "He just said NO to Dark Magic".

If Dark Magic really is just evil magic, the idea that humans might have it as their ONLY option brings a bit of nuance back into the conversation.

the series has potential but has too much faggotory to fully utilise it

Why is it that the right to succession goes to Ezra instead of Callum? He was the firstborn after all and Ezra should be second in line to take the throne.

He's not a descendant of the king you twit

Ezran is Harrow’s biological son.
May want to compare Harrow and Callum’s skin tone.

>not a descendant of the king
>his mother was a queen
>still not a descendant

Then what was he, some kind of random kid adopted from the orphanadge?

You dunce, you simpleton, you buffoon. He's the son of the queen and her first husband. Then the dad died or some shit and she married the king, had a new kid, and that child is Ezran.

So when a kid is born to the previous ruling king and queen he legally has a right to inherit the throne, but of that king dies and the queen marries another kind then their child succeds the throne instead? That's not very fair and kinda retarded.

To make clear to you, when he was born, his mother was not the queen. She only became the queen when she married the king (you intellectual pygmy).

>So when a kid is born to the previous ruling king

Attached: galapagos turtle.jpg (460x259, 23K)

>previous ruling king

Attached: 5C94EBEF-36EA-4495-90C9-285C49FE94F9.jpg (1024x518, 53K)

Ugh, i hope this story is told separately, i don't want the show to waste a third of another season on flashbacks.

Thanks

discord.gg/65pSnA

Attached: D0cVhxOVYAAgBn5.png (756x1008, 1.25M)

thats a retarded opinion. so you would prefer only short stories over true epic narratives?

Tbh this. The pacing is so off and what is deemed an evil magical tool looks totally justifiable considering how much of an asshole elves and dragons are in this that I can’t see them as good guys.

It is kind of funny touting a fairly contemporary outlook on war and the value of life, whilst also touting feudalism and hereditary monarchy.

Have connection to sources

>The pacing is so-off
Is what people say when they want to sound like they have a legit criticism.
>what is deemed an evil magical tool looks totally justifiable considering how much of an asshole elves and dragons are in this that I can’t see them as good guys.
This is what really turns you off. Viren not being the protagonist triggers your autism something fierce.

Why are you such a faggot? I made no mention of Viren whatsoever you turbo faggot.

Oh, so ok, right now "seasons" of Dragon Prince are really first season.

What?
Books were used as seasons in Avatar, too.

Feudalism and chivalric virtues held valuing life in very high regard and warfare was supposed to be conducted within a rule set to ensure the conflict was completed with the least number of innocent casualties. The reality of the corruption of the ideology doesn't mean that Feudalism and Monarchies were inherently any more vicious than contemporary society especially considering that Randian Capitalist Individualism is just the "divine right of kings" with an economic re-skin.

Well, the thing is that 8 episodes per book is just so little, like, imagine if Avatar seasons were 8 or even 13 episodes per book. Imagine how little they'd have managed to actually do with storytelling ambitions they had, just imagine how much that'd suck, that'd be a total and complete disaster!

But I digress, so the way we are supposed to look at the Saga is that we shouldn't be looking at books as different seasons of the show in the same way we were thinking of Avatar, but the books are more like story pods (think how starting with Season 4 of Agents of Shield they've been referring to story arcs as pods, Ghost Rider pod, Agents of Hydra pod and etc). So while the books have their own themes and stories, they all work in an overarching narrative that comprises the actual "first season".

Avatar only had 3 seasons, at 20 a pop.
Dragon Prince has been 9 twice, and we don't know if later seasons will be longer. There will be 6 seasons. It rounds out about the same.

If this was real anime instead of a western imitation of anime, Callum would punch dragons in the face as a proof that mankind exist

Attached: Seiya-overture.jpg (825x464, 90K)

Attached: D--lmANUYAEVhPm.jpg (1463x2048, 236K)

>going straight for the city whose population is stated to be several hundred thousand
I hope that fucker drowned.

What a surprise though, dragons are instigating fights again. Are we at war with dragons or elves, because it seems like the elves are just backing these assholes.

>I hope that fucker drowned.
user, he's been on most of the posters for the show, even the very first one. It's possible that he is sticking around for the foreseeable future.

Attached: 1553865783742.jpg (1000x1000, 130K)

If the trailer is being as obvious as i think it is hes more than likely blind though

>sol regem
>bright sun dragon oppossed to dark magic
>luna tenebris
>dark moon dragon promoting dark magic
Wake up sheeple, all magic is dragon trickery

AAAAAAAAAAAAA I WANT A RELEASE DATE I WANT A NEW SEASON THIS YEAR AAAAAAAAAAA

Based

Yeah, the show’s point is that there are heroes and villains on both sides, and that most of the characters have justifiable motives

Well Callum came back stronger

Maybe they'll take the Del Taco route of different shows but same setting and continuity? It worked for Trollhunters.

Technically, he rejected dark magic and his zombie clone turned to dust.
Claudia probably swiped that fucking cube so fast her evil alter-ego couldn't even say a word.

>Implying all trickery isn't secretly Belkan trickery

Does this show even have enough fans to fill a hall?

B-but galaxy brains here told me that this show is "elves good, humans bad" garbage made by self-hating SJW cucks! Did Yea Forums lie to me again?

Supercluster brain: everything from human imagination is humans

He is. Here's a shot of hi from the end of S2, you can see the scarring around his eyes.

Attached: 1df04955-4ea7-423e-8c09-d2ad69de6c2c.jpg (853x480, 41K)

>Western imitation of anime

Attached: You eat autism.jpg (640x640, 219K)

So dragon kings get deposed in a fight or retire if they get old? He looks decrepit and was the king long before Thunder.

He has to be blind now, at least.

Which begs the question, is the reason humans can't do primal magic because they've got some kind of dark magic taint stuck to them? And they have to reject it before they can connect to any of the primal sources?

Yes, good, humans, elves and dragons should all fight each other!

Attached: B52F9877-0B89-4F4A-B6D9-63472061BEAA.png (274x290, 13K)

>more dragons

Attached: 1554075105959.jpg (596x233, 53K)

You guys are like children who hate your teachers cause they put their foot down. The dragons keep balance and order. Dark mage guy was a selfish whiner.

He had a teacher too, someone gave him his staff and taught humans dark magic. What if he respects that teacher?

Alternatively he could be secretly testing characters so he acts shady as an act. This isn’t as likely a route but still.

Sure, if by "putting their foot down" you mean fully murder a class of children

If you swapped the top spot of dragons and elves with like, humans and dwarves I fucking bet most folk here would be jerking off about keeping whatever the fuck lesser race oppressed.

>"Stop doing this, or I will not only kill you, but burn down your entire city."
>"No."
>"YOU ARE LESSER BEINGS"

Listen, if you want to engage in pointless self-flagellation and general misanthropy, that's fine by me, but don't complain because others aren't broken like you.

Dwarves are chads all the way.

Is Claudia ever going to be relevant?

>FUCK ELVES.
Don't mind if I do.

Attached: 1428816165235.png (707x1000, 436K)

That’s going in the book.

whoever the fuck thought giant flying cold-blooded lizards would hang out on snowy mountains is flagrantly retarded

Then that teacher is prolly the antagonist of the whole show for instigating a war

spoken like a true manlet

I mean, humans would totally genocide goblins and orcs given the chance.

>breathes fire
>uses magic
>flies in defiance to laws of physics
>"cold blooded"

You DON’T know if he was really going to do it. It may have been a bluff.
From his viewpoint, humans are lesser beings. He gave dark mage a choice. If you think about it, dark mage would be responsible for a burned city

Not sure if trolling or just retarded. This is the sort of thought processing that made Gravity Falls threads an autistic nightmare.

>If you think about it, dark mage would be responsible for a burned city
You cannot be serious.

The real flaw of this show was having humans at all. Have it be dragons, elves, and something like goblins and then you could have much more nuanced conversations about the balance of power in the world and if draining the life out of the environment is truly necessary for their people to survive but having humans as the oppressed just makes everyone go 'genocide all nonhumans'.

>dragons were behind it all along
Humanity should just invade and slaughter all the fucking elves and dragons. The are literally fodder. 3 footmen and Amaya can solo an ambus of "superhuman" elves.
Edo Tensei Madara as the hero we deserve fucking when?

Attached: madara.jpg (550x471, 28K)

objectively wrong, ATLA is awesome.
lazy writers make a show bad, not format (most of the time, see steven universe)

only on Yea Forums, overdosed with warhammer memes, it's popular enough that otherwise people don't care

>From his viewpoint
>If you think about it, dark mage would be responsible for a burned city
Cut that shit out, Anakin.

Attached: C34326BB-4FF3-42E9-BFC6-A08151FFECC6.jpg (480x360, 14K)

that would be insanely lame. You literally corrupt yourself for shinies.

if ANY human could do primal magic at all they would have done it in the starvation age to, you know, SURVIVE. they had the motivation for sure.

callum is a snowflake, perfect memory, first human primal caster.

>the evil bad dragon is golden with blue eyes
bravo

They had no one to teach them before whoever taught them dark magic.

It's probably the equivalent of Orcus or something seeking to flood the planet with negative energy and undead.

It is, from the character design to the humor style and even references. Hell, there are faggots that still see Avatar as "anime"

>dark magic drains life from the world around you
>is good

He's just flirting

Attached: D3Ez6b8UYAEIkyo.jpg (1024x670, 51K)

Best boy Viren was right all along

Isn't this like the beginning of the Dark Sun plot?
>bunch of human mages led by a pyreen turn the world into a desert hellhole using magic powered by draining life
>said mages establish themselves as tyrants over city-states and oppress everyone including other humans
>the pyreen is imprisoned for wanting to genocide all races instead of ruling the world
>the strongest of the human mages transforms into a dragon and rampages across the world

>The way you introduce and present characters for the first time pretty much lays the main groundwork onward,
Not necessarily. You're assuming the authors are playing a certain archtype straight when they can still subvert your expectations. A character can be introduced and presented a certain way for the exact purpose of misdirection. And again, we're talking about Aaravos in the past so what we presently know may not align with his actions back then.

>there is no reason whatsoever for him to hide the fact he was a "human allly"
Two things. First, him helping the humans gain power doesn't have be about altruism anymore than it has to be some grand evil plan. Maybe he did it for selfish reasons like helping a friend or elevating the humans to cause a power imbalance to kick the dragons off their high horse. Second, I think you're severely underestimating just how suspicious him being in a magic mirror guarded by the King of Dragons is. In Viren's eyes the mirror, and by extension Aaravos, is something the dragons wanted to protect. His name being wiped from the history books also doesn't help his case, (as Viren thinks that was Aaravos' doing, creators stated otherwise).

>would be potentially a complete deal-breaker and would make even Viren blanch from ever using the mirror.
Viren? Mr. 'I will ask my own son to kill his childhood friends to earn my approval' Viren? 'Please murder the kids of my like a brother King' Viren? Not likely. But Aaravos doesn't know about all that so I guess it's a moot point.

>There's also the fact that Aavaros is clearly shown in the elven side when shit goes down with the humans
Context matters. Him standing with a group of elves doesn't tell us the sequence of events that lead to that moment. Or what happened next.
>but to believe we don't have enough info to start suspecting him and to doubt that his altruistic act was nothing but that, an act, is laughable.

Good thing I never said any of that.

>humans genocide goblins

Are we talking about the gross savage Goblin Slayer style goblins, or little cutie goblins? Because if it's the latter, you're going to have quite a few folks rising up to put a stop to your bullshit.

Attached: cuteblin.jpg (1920x2716, 458K)

So explain to everyone how that should go.

The term genocide is still valid if you just kill all the males.

>not killing all females
babby's first genocide

There is literally nothing wrong with dark magic.

If something is too good to be true, it probably is.

It's not like using it is all sunshine and daisies, it obviously takes a toll on the user. Even with that though, humanity would still be crawling in the mud without it.

Also
>inb4 show starts oil/dark magic parallels where everyone must go green with primal magics

The real redpill is all magic is bad and must be stopped

So star was right all along

Attached: 1c5[1].jpg (2048x2048, 597K)

>Star
fuck off nigger, Toffee was the first one that wanted magic gone and He is the hero of the story cos He didnt literally genocided half the universe

Attached: tumblr_ojnu6ydfRL1u6p1avo1_1280.png (1280x1147, 409K)

Damn, people work fast.

Attached: D_9ov5SW4AAqcHJ.jpg (779x900, 84K)

SCALED

why

Who desigh these posters. Because they are fucking badass

>desigh

You had one job.

Utilizing another’s life to power yourself is pretty damn immoral.

FUCK DRAGONS, AND FUCK ALL MAGICAL CREATURES

Attached: 1541933618102.jpg (480x640, 67K)

I used a chicken's life to power myself like 2 hours ago.

Touche sir. You made me laugh but there is an obvious diff between the natural act of eating and using unnatural dark magic.

How is it unnatural?

Damn shes cute as fuck.

I honestly can't ever stay invested in shows that are episodic. I lose interest almost instantly. Yeah, shows with stories to them can be a huge let down, but thats why the ones that pull those stories off are always so memorable.

It doesn’t draw on Primal sources, but life itself. Just using it requires death and murder. Not to mention the spells that can be used with it like switching souls! No way should anyone be using that stuff.

But death is quite literally the most natural thing there is. No living thing can exist without the death of other living things.

Which of these books does Rayla finally rape Callum?

>Just using it requires death and murder
Well, the chicken doesn't come alive to the table. It was killed before. In fact, you dropped dead spermatozoids this morning while pissing. Our bodies are full of micro-organisms dying and reproducing. Animals kill each other all the time, not only for food but sometimes for mates, position on the herd or even fun. The only difference is we have conscience

Magic is unnatural by definition. If dark magic is bad because it's unnatural, so it primal magic. There's nothing natural about a neverending river of lava splitting a continent in two because dragons wanted to make their segregationist wet dream a reality.

>so it primal magic

What did he mean by this?

Me English no good.

Like?

You know that by the show’s logic, dark magic is not seen positively for a reason. All I’m saying is maybe the dragons have a point.
I’m sure the show’s writers think the same and that isolation will be be portrayed as a wrong too.

Gargoyles had that shitty World Tour arc that went nowhere, as well as a third non canon season for its ending, until the out of print comic tried to follow the plot with no real given ending.

>Scrubs

Not a comic or cartoon.

Who the hell is the guy on the left

>dark magic is not seen positively for a reason. All I’m saying is maybe the dragons have a point.

Dark magic isn't seen positively mostly because dragons say it's bad. The same dragons that see humans as lesser beings. It doesn't seem odd to you that the dragons would condemn the one thing that potentially puts humanity on equal footing?

Don’t take 1 dragon’s opinion as if he represents all dragon’s opinion. Regardless dragons are old as shit and know lots of things. They may have a point. Look at Claudia’s white stripe! That can’t be good news.

The problem is we do not have full context, we only see it more or less from how it benefits humans so far. Up until now, there have been few dragons shown, and only now do we know for sure they can even speak.

>all dragon’s opinion

Not how plurals work.

Dark magic in setting is probably seen the same way as biological weapons/nukes, with humans being the younger race as usual, it is likely seen as a liability because humans tend to be shortsighted and lack impulse control, as well as often in fantasy settings with dangerous things...falling to gambler's fallacy.

OG mage

I like this theory. It would be a good explanation for why dark magic is the "easy" path: it's the first temptation and only by resisting it you can access the primal.

Attached: 1551662675107.jpg (1136x864, 127K)

There has to be at least six dragons.

Attached: 1550420401968.jpg (1683x2301, 848K)

It's quite simple really: pretty races can do no wrong.

Attached: Banishment.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

>someone saved that shitty edit you did
oh.... ok then

Unless you survive on photosynthesis, you're pretty damn immoral yourself.

Even plants rely on death. Living things die, which fertilizes the soil, and then the plants feed on those nutrients. Circle of life, baby.

Elves eat meat.
The elven obsession with protecting magical animals makes sense from a non-western post-enlightenment perspective. After all, magical animals can quite certainly be sacred, cleaner, better, whatever under a bunch of different philosophical systems. But not a smug, snooty, enlightened modern one.

Literally trail of tears.

I was gonna say
>americans
but then I remembered the writers are American so they were indeed probably trying to parallel that.

Forgive us, but we're only taught to be guilty in school, so any other forced mass exodus on the other continents is usually lost on us.

What's the dragons' stance on immigration?

Sure but the show's shop is to make a good argument for this, and not rely on "because I said so".
Show, don't tell and all that.

Magical animals have primal source energy in them. Humans are consuming a renewable energy source for a one time power boost and so far I haven't seen any evidence of a magical animal farm or ranch. It's just people assuming there's an abundance they can't negatively impact that's detracting from the energy available to other species.
You'd be pissed too if spics were tearing down your hydro-electric dam to build a pimp mobile out of the parts then driving off.

>Look at Claudia’s white stripe! That can’t be good news.
"Thing looks scary" is not a good basis to reject it.

That's very catholic.

It's fair enough. I'm a Jew, so you can guess which one my mind went to first. The real life deportation of the rebellious Samaratins. Because I was just reading about how Assyrians flayed rebels alive and then bragged about stapling the skins to a pillar, holy shit.

Nah that's gay. The elves clearly have an ideological reason to despise dark magic, not a materialistic one.

I'd normally agree, however considering this is a fantasy setting, imagery and visuals that alter the body tend to have greater meaning down the line.

>Samaratins

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritans

>so far I haven't seen any evidence of a magical animal farm
So why don't one of the critics bring it up?

Heck, it goes back to the same question of how could Callum be one of the first humans to figure out primal magic; if it's that easy, why hasn't anyone else gone through with it.
It makes no sense.

>and so far I haven't seen any evidence of a magical animal farm or ranch

Dark mages also seem to be quite rare. A handful of humans squishing beetles here and there isn't going to negatively impact a magical creature population any more than culling deer every year.

??? Saruman is a shit tier manipulartor mf here is obviously playing it like Sauron did with his Anathar form.
Literally the same tactic. Offer knowledge, salvation and have a deceptively friendly/hot apperance. Straight out from Sauron's manual

What? Why? Prequels are typically an attempt to tell the backstory without interfeering/taking too much of the core narrative (and a cash grab ofc)

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for human children.

Unironically tentacles would be ridiculously useful in combat. Its basically end all at melee range and the ability to wield several weapons makes them op.
The sex thing is a bonus on top of that. Sometimes I wonder why hasnt every other mayor animal developed tentacles

That attire has a Zuko vibe

Both sides old guard are borderline nazis. A lot of people were "but Viren was basically right yet hes painted in the worst possible light while the elven faggots and dragons are seen as the golden saviors" but now its rather clear that Xadia (at least in the dragon side) is also full of shit people. Sol here is shown in the worst possible light by calling human ants

>now its rather clear

its-not-its.info/

lol, kill yourself you fucking autistic faggot with that site

He might be thunders dad or uncle and he abdicated due to his injuries and age making him not reliable defender

This is a ~subversive~ fantasy setting, though, so "don't judge it evil just because it makes you turn into a gigalich" might be a moral they're going for.
People from Samaria, user.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "old guard," but just being antagonistic towards each other does not make them nazis.
I'm getting real fucking tired of debating fictional regimes by arguing about how close to being a German socialist party they are.

Elves have never been stated to be superhuman, and not all of them can use magic beyond very basic spells.
Also from the looks of it it feels like Aaravos is the one behind it all, playing all sides. Cause hes basically elf satan

Im not gonna bother with putting a ' while writing in Yea Forums of all places

Oh, grow up. Yes, racial hierarchies and comparing people to non-humans has been done by a bunch of different states, but in this case they're obviously inspired by one of the most influential regimes in recent history.

Improve your reading comprehension to understand words and meanings beyond basic definitions

Neither state is inspired by nazis. I will fight that fact.

Sure, fine.

Literally any racist regime in mainstream western media is almost certain to be inspired by the Nazis.

The blue people one.

Not to mention having their enemies heads put on a pike in the King's bedroom so that it can watch as he then proceeded to make their wife his concubine

Shut the fuck up Belka. Stop being little bitches and face me 1v1, you fucks.

Attached: DRAW.png (1912x1476, 490K)

no

Attached: RSr59Li.png (106x106, 2K)

>Dragon Prince
>Drangon Prince: name withheld
>Name withheld
Last one is gunna be Dragon King isn't it?

Dragons arent unique, they are part of an entire civilization/species

The connection is obvious, but anyone else getting Avatar vibes?

the Avatar is the connection between the spirit and human worlds
Callum and Ezran are the link between the magical, animal, and human worlds

Its a bit different. In Avatar the avatar is a "choosen" one, the last one in an ancestral line of demigod heroes.
The princes here are just kids with a half decent moral compass who were at the right time at the right moment (you could argue that Wan was exactly that as well though), which I think sends a better message

guess the director and writer of Avatar couldnt veer off too much from their magnum opus work

I can understand Callum, but Ezran would be a much harder argument to make to just explain it as "right place, right time"
He's born into royalty and also has a special power that makes it easy for him to communicate with the royal dragon baby?
I dunno if that's right place right time.

Attached: D_yHVNzUIAAcMAU.jpg (742x1000, 122K)

That's it, seven nukes weren't enough.

Attached: MOBIUS ONE, FOX TWO.png (1920x935, 1.31M)

How do you drink onions?

>nearly kills himself doing it
>ids soh eaze
Hm, yes every human should go around exposing themselves to near death so they can get attuned to a primal source

Because they are floppy and useless outside of the ocean where you need more rigid structure to maintain form and speed, also there are massive nervous system issues with tentacles where they are essentially driven by stupid subbrains, that's why when an octopus is "solving" a puzzle it just sort of inundates it with tentacle until they figure it out

>doesnt know this shithole has filter for words
way too out yourself

>boomer dragon yells at humans

Attached: 1547082740107.png (540x619, 530K)

this show wants to play ''everyone is good and bad '' card, but its obvious humans are the victms here, the damn gods of this world hates humans.

Attached: Capture+_2019-07-21-17-29-05.png (783x90, 13K)

>and then, you were the dragons all along

Attached: 1540712635454.png (639x896, 608K)

>"Humans. Or as I like to refer to them as, Lesser Beings, need to know their damn place. Make Xadia great again!"

>another human playing the victim card because he's literally an inferior race
Fuck humans and their identity politics, why are elves and dragons supposed to feel guilty because humans are barely sentient trash

FUCK DRAGONS

Attached: 1552705145550.gif (540x305, 1.22M)

Dragon Princess
Why else would Ezran be voiced by a girl?

Attached: q6d290oi83m21.png (818x4847, 2.34M)

Attached: 2768972 - Azymondias Mr.Russo Rayla The_Dragon_Prince callum ezran.png (3000x6000, 2.98M)

Attached: D3EwCYYVYAAVAVU.jpg (935x1200, 96K)

Elf Chad swooping in to cuck Rayla when?

Attached: DnonG9VVAAAdhsR.jpg (900x1200, 114K)

>Utilizing another’s life to power yourself is pretty damn immoral.
Dark Magic is straight up shown to possible to do using dead tissue, at least on lower levels.

>it’s a Callum fits in better than Rayla despite his horrible disguise episode

I have no idea why I like this couple. I fucking hate shipping. Everything from the show itself to the exaggerated fanart seems great though.

Except weird self-insert/autistic stuff like this.
"Let me cope woman!" is a pretty funny line though even though it was unintentional.

Attached: Wizard Dragon Prince.jpg (750x750, 63K)

The two of them nearly carry the show for me, I'm not sure why. Some combination of the personalities, the interspecies thing, and the character designs really gets to me I guess.

Attached: 1563722986538.jpg (1000x3200, 437K)

Attached: a085f3435bbc6c84a43904d36ee68f11.jpg (563x579, 48K)

Attached: tumblr_pui4x68PW41xhol7zo1_1280.png (1280x3623, 1.64M)

Attached: D--DRiJWwAEyUI4.jpg (858x1199, 197K)

Attached: D--DThAW4AApPqr.jpg (858x1199, 197K)

I mean it's a tough process but actually accessing the process isn't that hard. It's not inaccessible to anyone.

Humans are always getting themselves almost killed, I'm not convinced that if everyone COULD do as Callum did, it wouldn't be a widespread enough practice. It's still easier than sneaking past the border to poach magic creatures.

Attached: tumblr_pnu4xl8jN91vhsqiko1_1280.png (1280x998, 620K)

Like a lot of the philosophical points of the show, it's not handled terribly well, but I get the feeling Callum's achievement is supposed to hammer home how caught up in their own perspective humanity is. Aside from seeing Dark Magic as the only/easiest way to achieve magical skill, there's a sort of feeling that humanity isn't really willing to see things from another pov. At least on a broader level. Even Harrow, who ends up rejecting Dark Magic, is largely indifferent to the idea that how things operate could be different, in regards to the cycle of vengeance he's caught up in. It's supposed to symbolize how Callum is trying to do something different that all of the thinking that's led humanity to where it is now in the show.

We see things like the ship captain having some kind of connection to the primal source of the sky through his sense for sailing, but otherwise I think the idea is just supposed to be that Callum is one of the few who honestly tried to approach the problem with the proper knowledge of the situation and with an open mind about what could be achieved. Such things rarely land very well for reasons similar to the problems we always have with "intelligent" characters in a show, which is that it's hard to write truly genius level characters when most writers are not themselves geniuses. Callum's breakthrough is meant to portray something akin to a spiritual awakening, a shift in consciousness and perspective that can't really be explained rationally or convened second hand. This kind of thing is so fundamentally hard to communicate we have entire religions based around the idea that its something one simply has to strive for themselves, it can't be explained or taught. Which makes for a poor narrative point in this kind of show, given what we've seen so far.

Dark Magic itself has problems is how it's portrayed as just inherently bad for dubious moral reasons but also because it has actual negative consequences for your health.

Attached: 1550366858184.png (692x900, 550K)

Why was Ezran speaking to animals such an asspull? Did they accidentally delete the proper build up to it?

the elves should have wiped out the human race upon the conception of dark magic rather than slow death on exiled lands. Leaving powerful magic on the hands lesser being with such desire will be the death of them all.

That one caught me completely off guard too.

Thats how it starts user. Then its a slippery slope from there. Dark magic is a drug and drugs are bad. M’kay.

Yes but it's like humans discovering flight, initially nobody thinks it can be done but a very few people, it's insanely dangerous, and nobody really knows how it's done, later it might become as mundane as flight is now, but in universe who is going to do it besides dipshits like callum?

Really, once they figure out how it’s done the elves should just tell them no milkies until they drop the dark magic.
It worked for Callum.

we can only hope so

Attached: totally_legit_tank_with_human_crew.jpg (640x640, 130K)

Serves that bitch right.

Attached: gahaha.png (488x457, 249K)

Humanity needs someone like Morgoth to lead them and teach all of those that shit on humans some respect.

Attached: Morgoth.jpg (399x524, 43K)

>Hey, you're not an elf. You're a human.
>No I'm not.
>Yes you are?
>Listen, if I was a human would I willingly walk all the way to Xadia with the only heir to the Dragon King and an elf Assassin?
>........yeah, I guess you are an elf. No one would be that stupid.

>humanity needs someone to lead them
lol cucked

You know precisely what that shit leads to

Attached: FB2812CA-39CD-4467-8920-538C15E6C169.jpg (579x617, 111K)

lolwhat, they'd been hinting at it for the entire show

Attached: attempt.jpg (685x800, 68K)

Don't worry, Viren is handing over humanity to control by a master race elf, so you'll be sucking elf clock in no time like you desire

Can you be kind enough and not involve us in your gay rape fantasies? Judging by your post it is clear you'd like your ass drilled by a cock, but most of us are normal men unlike you.

Nobody here is normal

What does it mean to be normal or crazy? It depends on the opinion of each individual.

>muh subjectivism

Sure thing Mr. We Need a Leader

They do need it now that the elves and dragons are trying to stir up some shit.

The first border incursion was the humans, as was the second in fact, but sure it's the dragons and elves at fault for stirring shit

>but sure it's the dragons and elves at fault for stirring shit

Try watching this , and ask yourself if dragons are really blameless

When will Callum stimulate Rayla's horns

Attached: 1561874408840.jpg (1358x1920, 181K)

Nobody is blameless, but trying to blame the current tensions on the magifags is just retarded

>Nobody is blameless

Both dragons and elves are literally the only ones to blame except for the bro Aavaros. Humans asked dragons for help and were told to fuck off, same with the tree huggers. Only the blue boy helped them. It was then that dragons/elves started to shit themselves in fear of humans becoming relevant instead of beeing those weak, little insignificant creatures and chased them out.

that's like someone stimulating your fingernails

That’s not what my Vietnamese tapestries say

I'm glad we finally have hard confirmation that the elves and dragons really are the giant dicks they've been hinted at being all along. I couldn't take another "muh noble savages" show

>some shady guy gives you krokodil
>sheeeit, the popo comes
>toss a needle at his eye
>get shot
COPS BAD

>krokodil
You're so outlandishly stupid that I hope you have to experience starvation. That's all humanity had before they got dark magic.

Obviously that's just the kind of justification a deluded junkie would cook up. The city of Elarion rose 800 years before Sol Regem became important and that mage was taught dark magic by some shady mofo much later. He is addicted to stuff that's degenerating him and killing shit around him and doesn't want to give it up because it makes him feel good.

And what would you do if yopu were in their place? Xadia humans were really desperate. You must be a hypocrite if you think you'd do anything different. Why was dark magic bad anyways? Because it killed little birdies, butterflies, deers and other sweet wittle animals to power a spell that could save you (remember the two queens and the golem's heart?).

It is addictive and literally deforms the caster and changes their personality with continued use. When the first human gets drained I expect junkie apologists to reee and say "it's bullshit that it doesn't kill just animals".

If some unwashed hobos from across the world started to eat dogs and cats (or really any set of animals that we subjectively consider off limits), and insisted they needed to eat more and more of such animals to survive and power their weird technology and rituals, I am pretty sure most people would not show them much mercy or consideration when they refuse to do things the "proper civilized way" and insist on their own way.

Fuck, that's not even subtle in how much of an asshole sun dragon was.

>It is addictive
So's painkillers. Want to go around a hospital and tell everybody why they're bad for using something so addictive?

Looks like the wounds either fucked him over bad, or he really did not age well.

Attached: 1559291731723.jpg (590x274, 53K)

Attached: DyXGB4RVAAEKAmh.jpg (1825x1137, 484K)

>elves
>humans
>perfectly good
Grow up and lust after the dragons like everyone else.

weakness

Attached: tg vists d.png (487x3620, 1.79M)

so what you think Aaravos plan will be this season?
discord.gg/mzD48Kv

Attached: D1phvBwXQAAe6S7.png (523x480, 128K)

>humans asked dragons for help
Sorry you didn't get your gibsmedats, inferior species, but dragons have no obligation to help you

After the sneak peak I don't think he's actually evil. He probably legitimately wants to help humanity

>confusing the addiction being bad with the addict being bad
Poor comprehension user

Attached: ezgif-1-a981ff63f72b.jpg (1439x2048, 1.03M)

Springing his bf from prison and getting the fuck out of Mirrorland.

Attached: D2U7L3PUcAAkPwc.jpg (1200x1024, 176K)

Right, and dark magic is bad because it's addictive.
You have absolutely no idea what that mage did in his life to deserve you calling him evil by using dark magic. Fuck if it's addictive or not, he could have been turning caterpillars into fertile fields, and you'd still say he was the biggest piece of shit on the block because he was "addicted" to helping people. Fuck off.

I'm not the user you were first replying to user

Well, the argument still stands.

Is it even addictive? Viren doesn't seem to be any more addicted to dark magic than Lujanne is to moon magic. They are mages, they do magic.

The argument is that because dark magic takes more than just the base amount of material from the ingredients, it is inherently addictive because it forces people to turn butterflies to dust to keep a healthy aesthetic.
We do not know it is addictive. We just know that spells cost more than a worm.

I would say that people against dark magic just can't conceptualize sacrifice for a greater good. Self sacrifice is not a drug addiction. If I were human in this universe, getting crippled by being a protector of humanity wouldn't even be a question. Human life expectancy is probably shit for peasant, anyway.

Attached: D4NCIlwU0AA3LeF.png (699x601, 84K)

Attached: 1559370959168.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

The problem always comes when trying to define the greater good without allowing the goal post to get moved by the changing situation, and subjective opinions. What was once reasonable shifts into someone deciding to take a mile after an inch is given.

Attached: a42a04d9e6e81e3980f5821f9e9e5995.jpg (564x752, 66K)

>but dragons have no obligation to help you

That's right, dragons have no obligations whatsoever regarding humans. But, uhh... funny thing. Humans don't have any obligations to dragons, either. Or to elves, or to magical creatures, or to anyone else. Dragons want to be all, "do what we say and also go fuck yourselves." But then when Dark Mages start popping up in response they get all offended like they aren't the cause of that shit.

tl;dr if dragons weren't giant scaly cunts there wouldn't be Dark Mages in the first place.

The hell? I can conceptualize sacrifice but there’s a BIG diff between sacrificing your life to protect your kingdom and settle an old grudge vs sacrificing someone else’s life to achieve some goal

>I would say that people against dark magic just can't conceptualize sacrifice for a greater good
The whole war starts over Viren arguing humanity doesn't have to sacrifice 100,000 people to hunger by using Dark Magic to make a magical creature sacrifice instead. And this refusal to accept sacrifice has led to a war that will potentially cost 1,000,000 lives.
Dark Magic is greed and predation, the exact opposite of the virtue you're describing.

They kicked the humans out then left them alone for hundreds of years before Viren started shit, don't pretend the dragons were asking for special treatment, they literally just told humanity to fuck off but like the subsentients they are they just had to start shit, and surprise surprise it was some faggot dark mage who did it

Not only that but when harrow decides to sacrifice his own life to stop the escalation between the sides, is dark mage Viren who prevents it and makes a grab for power

>before Viren started shit

You mean when Sol Regem started shit by threatening to murder thousands of innocent humans, including women and children.

Adding this moral ambiguity is kind of a strange choice, given that our protagonists are so pro-dragon and pro-elf that they passionately side with random dragons they witness roasting human peasants. They'd probably help that Sun elf kill their aunt if they witnessed the two fighting.

Yes after a few hundred years of peace you get to use the old conflict to justify your current actions, typical dark magic retard logic, anything to justify getting your hands on that next reagent, daddy just needs his fix

I'm sure you aren't dumb enough to believe that the humans are the ones being unreasonable in that scenario.

>And the dragons' and elves' refusal to accept sacrifice has led to a war that will potentially cost 1,000,000 lives.

Fixed that for you, fucking brainlet. If you would even hesitate to kill a rock monster to save 100,000 starving people then you are truly sublimely evil and a traitor in the most pure sense of the word.

Humans should get their shit together instead of just expecting dragons and elves to allow them to make however many border incursions they need to make their life sucking magic cover for their incompetence, the dragons and elves have zero obligation to assist humans and every right to defend their territory

The point is, you vapid cunt, that if dragons hadn't been oppressive pieces of shit at the outset then Dark Mages wouldn't even exist because humanity would never have felt a need to go down that path. Dragon assholishness was the root of this problem.

You mean if humanity could master the horrifyingly confusing art of feeding themselves, it's been like a thousand years since the age of starvation and these niggers are still having famines, blame the dragons though

>humanity would never have felt a need to go down that path
Bullfucking shit. If not dark magic, it would be something else. Humans are never, ever fine with being number two, or number three, or even equal with other races in fiction. They HAVE to be number one at all costs.

>dragons and elves have zero obligation to assist humans
Where exactly did you get this retarded idea that humans think dragons and/or elves owe them assistance?

I'm honestly waiting for them to reveal down the line that the fire/rock monster was important in some way that humans were blind to, that would result in the world being fucked over in some way due to them killing it.

>blame the dragons though

Yes, because it's their fault. When humans started to get their shit together and built the city of Elarion, the dragons started fucking with them. This directly led to Aaravos sharing the secret of dark magic with humanity so they could fight back.

The dragons like to think themselves superior, but they get that way by keeping everyone else down. If they had just not been cunts, then none of this shit would be happening.

Humans (or rather the people who support virens bullshit here) think they can just charge over the border without repercussions, like the dragons and elves are the assholes when they defend their territory

How do you know? You don’t know that for certain.

>some handsome affluent gives you ability to feed your people and fix diseases
>along goes the gestapo
>going to kill hundreds of thousands unless you go back to being impoverished, diseased "lesser" race
>get shot
Seriously dragons are a fucking cancer in this world. Once people are done breeding out elves, their scales should be collector's items.

>he's falling for it
Seriously, the classic devil's deal is always given to someone who is most desperate and willing to accept any gift without asking questions.

So, how long ago were humans banned from xadia? It still unclear to me if it was 2000 years ago or a couple of generations ago

>Around 1200 years ago finds the arch dragon of sun, Sol Regem, as king of the dragons during this era, when dark magic became problematic and humans poached magical creatures for their parts. Shortly after came the division of Xadia.

>not being willing to pay a high price for what it's worth
If you understand the bargain, sometimes it's worth it. Maybe this isn't a simple cliche.

A potentially dangerous or addictive substance used by only a few to save thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, seems a small fucking cost. It also seems to be a good way to get other races to fuck off; though it didn't turn out that way because most of them are horrible people.

There's no such thing as forbidden knowledge. Advancement in acknowledgement should bring a tear to any intelligent person's eye.

Attached: Aravos Why Why.jpg (1000x927, 177K)

BRAVO

Attached: 1538539586799.png (497x480, 394K)

>think they can just charge over the border without repercussions

They only did that once, and because they were in great need. They also knew they weren't supposed to do it, which was why they were trying to get in and out as quickly as possibly.

It's like retards think that humans are swimming over a river of lava every fucking day to get magical animals when the kids spend half the fucking first season running away from the magical beasts that inhabit human lands.

Attached: 5cd6333f226ee21ff48ecafc016c960c.jpg (564x752, 47K)

Attached: D3wfbEOUUAEJhgv.jpg (1200x1200, 348K)

Attached: 20-345802.gif (300x264, 1.82M)

>there are dragon apologists in this thread right now

Beach episode when? I need Rayla in water wings.

Attached: D6YGwlxUIAAGFYD (1).jpg (848x1199, 128K)

>there are dragons in this thread right now
fixed that for you

Attached: 1540326115811.jpg (749x1000, 606K)

>misread
>Bad Dragon is watching...
>*click*
You missed an opportunity.

Attached: 54513460_533909803679458_442574731181278491_n.jpg (1080x718, 74K)

Super kawaii!

All dragons should be killed.

Attached: TN-Glaurung_is_Humbled.jpg (450x298, 47K)

>4 fingers and a thumb

cough

Its time to make the dragons and elves pay

Attached: burnin sherman.jpg (1200x1539, 148K)

>Ziard pushes back: dark magic is what brought humans out of the age of starvation, helped them grow beyond being lesser beings.
Oh fuck, they're actually going to do a moral grey zone when it comes to humans vs. elves instead of just straight up "DARK MAGIC BAD, ELVES GOOD, FUCK VIREN AND FUCK HUMAN PEOPLE!"

Attached: 23141234312421.png (1162x850, 1.22M)

>They're people in this thread who wouldn't kill a dear to cure their autistic brothers paralysis
Dark Magic is not the problem. The dragon and elves that are screwing over the humans are.

>I would say that people against dark magic just can't conceptualize sacrifice for a greater good. Self sacrifice is not a drug addiction.
I think these people have already made up their minds that Viren, and all dark mages by extension, are some king of selfish power-hungry cowards eager to sacrifice anything but themselves. Except that idea clashes with the canon fact that dark mages keep shaving their own health bar to feed the neighbouring kingdom or heal the injured, so they assume mages must also be compulsively looking for excuses to cast their spells. Which, again, is not supported by canon.

The devil was at least an angel once. He still ultimately cares more about humanity than an uncaring monster like Cthulhu.

The consequences of Dark Magic really aren't very well thought out. Outside of it making you look like a Sith, with maybe some sort of also as yet unspecified health cost. Maybe if it required keeping some creature paralyzed but alive in order to keep him moving? Actually paralyzing someone else? Anything that is a real moral quandary that isn't equivalent to vegetarianism.

There are obvious problems that make dark magic dangerous and bad that mean it shouldn't be publicly considered acceptable. There are way too many things that can go wrong with it. Literally any dark mage could have killed that golem if they got the right magical materials, and then what? What if they'd used its power to cause a drought instead of stop a famine? So many people would die. It doesn't fucking take that much. Dark magic is both far too powerful (it has effects way beyond any act of magic we've seen so far) AND too accessible (you can "ladder" your usage, so you springboard from killing worms to killing dragons very quickly).

It's not that Dark Magic is necessarily some inherently evil force, or even that it has bad effects. It's just that it's the equivalent of letting any guy with a kitchen knife walk around outside stabbing animals until one of them shits out a nuke. Eventually SOMEBODY is going to abuse that power and it's going to go bad.

And SINCE it should be considered to be unacceptable to use, THAT is what makes people who do use it evil people, because it showcases a level of narcissism in that they believe themselves above public morality. It doesn't MATTER how much good shit Viren does with Dark Magic. Aside from the fact that he clearly has both a massive inferiority complex AND a messiah complex, he's already proven that he doesn't care about what the public thinks just by using this dangerous thing that they disapprove of. He can do all the good in the world and it still won't matter, because Viren is the kind of guy who will fuck it all up eventually. ESPECIALLY since the defining aspect of his character is his sheer incompetence. He consistently chooses the wrong action when it comes to things like politics, and ends up making things worse.

There's an alternative possibility. When the dragon said "YOU ARE LESSER BEINGS", he was referring to earlier when he told Ziard that letting go of Dark Magic was their only way towards advancement. He wasn't saying that they would always be lesser, only that they currently were. He had already told Ziard how they could stop being lesser.

That said, yeah, they're probably going to do a moral gray area, but that doesn't mean Viren gets away scott-free, it just means he's not the only evil jackass in the series.

Viren is the Saruman, Aavaros is definitely Sauron.
Saruman also thought he could outwit Sauron. Although to be fair they were both Maiar, with Viren the power gap is much wider.

>unreasonable
The argument was made that Dark Magic is about accepting responsibility and I gave the direct example the show gave of Viren using Dark Magic to 'pass the buck.' Is it the rock creatures fault there were too many people incapable of feeding themselves? Nope, Rock bro was just doing whatever Rock bro does and a Dark Mage takes the heroic decision to kill it to pay for humanities mistake.
Because that's what Dark Magic does, it allows you to kill things to quickly solve problems, that's it. If you can't see the inherent hypocrisy in passing suffering to creatures you have power over and then bitching at the Dragons and Elves you're retarded.

>pay for humanities mistake.

What did he mean by this?

So if this Human is Ezra's ancestor. What the hell happen to the kingdom? Did it get destroyed? Is Ezra still king?

>What the hell happen

Somebody set up us the bomb.

But Viren doesn’t think he can outwit Aaravos at the moment.
Right now he’s wary and waiting for him to drop the hammer.

Human's should be forced to turn over their young boys.

Aron was alwats a fag but holy shit how can you look at that and not call for non human genocide

>alwats

You had one job.

>alwats
>all twats
what did user mean by that?

Poetry in motion.
Aaron confirmed for having George Lucas secretly on standby.

Attached: VDNG.png (400x370, 142K)

Can someone explain? I’m at a loss for words

Episodic stories are not "stories," they're collections of short stories.

DO IT AGAIN, UNCLE SHERMAN

And which season of ATLA is considered to be the weakest one? Book 1, the most episodic one.
That seems to confirm it.

Attached: D_gWY2VVUAAlCJW.jpg (900x540, 74K)

Feels like they're trying too hard.

Viren tried to have his own kids assassinate children to grab power. He didn’t even wrestle with this! He really wants kids dead! What isn’t supported by canon is that dark mages risk their health. The only example of dark magic healing is Claudia and we sure as shit didn’t see her heal a stranger.

here, have a better one

Attached: Dq7zigqU0AASBv2.jpg (1050x684, 60K)

I LOVE HIM

Can you give him the most ridiculous ahegao face? Can't believe that nobody asked for this.

oh god

Oh no

Attached: DdSdPrcXkAATFGc.jpg (912x1024, 98K)

I get the distinct impression elves have no fucking idea what's going on and are being fed shit.

Try to imagine what life was like during the World Wars. You aren't Googling other peoples' culture and position. You just get a lot of 'Round ears bad,' 'Monkey men make wars,' Five fingers do cheat magic, murder sacred things.' No one has ever seen a human and hasn't had a chance to talk to them because brainwashing would cause them to attack or flee on sight.

It's a shame there aren't more damned spies to report back that farmers, blacksmiths, traders, etc don't do black magic; love, laugh, and do normal shit.

Attached: Dragon Prince Books.png (1416x3397, 3.92M)

For what purpose?

for a porn comic

dont @ me

Attached: this is not my final form.jpg (1078x1115, 119K)

Attached: CAF268B1-DCC1-4D6E-BD1D-C9B51D17CD45.png (284x177, 93K)

You can't handle the truth.

How about this look for Viren?

Attached: macbeth-nposter-gallery.jpg (1800x2665, 1.43M)

Delete and do it right. The hair fucker.

Attached: Hedwig 2.gif (500x270, 981K)

ok then

Attached: Dxyp8LKUwAAYMGx.jpg (430x393, 21K)

And a few of their handsome, mature gentlemen too.

Attached: wormposting.jpg (435x540, 54K)

If the next season will end with Viren and Aaravos having sex on top of a dragon corpse will this be the new ATLA?

>Opening episodes are the dark mages being kept down by Moon Man
jesus christ Raimi

Depends on who tops.

Viren managed to freeze Thunder for a couple of seconds using just regular magic if his story is to be believed.
Doesn't seem like the power of magic was exaggerated since Claudia almost killed a dragon too.

>Claudia almost killed a dragon too.
A young one far weaker than the adult.

>A young one
Do you have a single bit of proof to back that up?

Based and human pilled.

Attached: 1481273926797.jpg (500x332, 53K)

Well, she didn't talk, not even to Rayla or Zym, and was considerably smaller than Thunder or Soul Raygun.
On the other hand, humans mistook her for a war dragon, so it's possible she was just a smaller breed. Or maybe there's some crazy sexual dimorphism going on and adult females are just that tiny.

So you're talking out your ass?

This makes me wish Ezran was a girl.

I'm not , but it isn't an unreasonable assumption.

Context?

"The Return of Aaravos" era is upon you, are you ready?

That's true, but she did it with a basic arrow. That's impressive that basically any dark mage can just enchant lethal weapons to kill Dragons.

When the poem was first translated, people assumed Elarion was a female character, and promptly started self-inserting and shipping "her" with Aaravos.

Attached: Dzzef1XWoAAjfFk.jpg (2048x1511, 411K)

This pic would be perfect if Aaravos was wearing the Slave Leia bikini and sitting in Viren's lap.

Hate Dragons
Hate Elves
Hate child rulers
Love Humans
Love Aaravos
Dark magic is a bit spooky, but hey it saved me from starvation and healed my spine
Simple as

Every time I see an elf fucking naruto run it completely pulls me out of the show, fuck elves.

Attached: giphy.gif (400x225, 745K)

That guy is right. Amaya was facing off a flaming Sun Elf and somehow won. She's deaf, and she won. The humans should just end the elves since they squander their advantage.

That's not even a haiku.

That's the creators being fucktarded weabs with animation. If you're going to make neat references at least reference shows that aren't shit and don't make your show look like shit.

That run animation was the worst thing ever invented.

Attached: Read A Book.gif (400x235, 1008K)

Please, Viren was made for bottoming.

Attached: Dzn5pZaXcAA46Dh.png (899x899, 498K)

Based, but the hard H makes it not quite norf pilled
Southerner detected

Just started this show, does Callum ever stop being a faggot?

kinda, it's ok because Rayla will just dom him

Callum is a nice boy but no, he doesn't.

Attached: D3kdZ2bWwAABJkO.jpg (1200x1200, 222K)

yes in season 2, which is better animated too btw

It feels like he is constantly trying to be the comic relief and the main character, it's so irritating.

Jack Sena channeling Sokka here then, hopefully this time He properly fucks the moon

Attached: rayla yue.jpg (1139x1139, 94K)

It was fine with Sokka because the writers knew when Sokka should stop. I'm on E4 by now and Callum keeps playing the self deprecating jokester in the middle of tense scenes.

grab her by the horns.mp4

Attached: 2817542 - Rayla The_Dragon_Prince.png (488x500, 112K)

It's just how he processes. Other characters can share the burden of wacky later.

What if the only reason the dragons don't shit on elves is that they have horns like they do?

elves are a race of human dragon hybrids
the race began when a lone hero fucked a dragon

they are doing it this season

Attached: 362fd4c03be08d7977ddbaeb1f0716f5.jpg (564x564, 78K)

ok is there much sjw shit in this series? because if they are treating the adaptation like the witcher theres no salvation

Attached: hahawowfaggot.gif (264x240, 2.37M)

No this series has non-white characters get out while you can

I did get some schaudenfreude from seeing fans who wanted to vanilla ship Aaravos with SOMEONE except a morally dubious, older, problematic character like Viren.
Sorry guys, untill the inevitable betrayal comes, it's mindgames and manipulation all the way. Choo choo!

was there non-white characters in the book?

This is a TV original, there is no book.

It takes from Avatar in that seasons are "books", but fails to make them actually begin and end definitively to seal the deal.

i guess i made a mistake

Attached: Dragon_Prince_cover.jpg (246x399, 45K)

Every nonwhite character is inept, except for the bad guy, who is actually kinda the most based likable and well written character in the show so it balances out well.

Yeah, there's no relation.

It's a pretty generic name so it makes sense.

THAT would be an interesting twist that id love to see.

Wait no I wrote shit wrong, I'm retarded, every white male human character is inept, except for the villain, who's actually the most based, likable, and deep character in the show, so it all works out.

>oh no! we have to pretend to be a couple to fool these suspicious elves!
I unironically love this stupid cliche

This little shitweed just had to survive being dropped in the lake didn't he?

Attached: bluepieceofshit.png (811x686, 684K)

After S2, I was wondering if he was based. This S3 Teaser has reignited my faith in him.

He looks so retarded. I hope he grows up fast.

He's literally the only intelligent character in the series.

>We should probably respond and prepare for the coming invasion when the enemy has just killed our king.
>No, we should wait for a twelve year old that we have no way of knowing is even alive to come back.

>Hey king, you should save the lives of hundreds of men and yourself by sacrificing one to die in your place, I'll even be the guy to die if that's what you need.
>No, it's a "shortcut".

>Someone needs to take the throne, if it has to be me then I'll do it, but if you don't like me, then take the throne yourself.
>No, it belongs to the twelve year old. Don't even act as a standing king until they come back.

>We should be willing to use black magic because it can save lives.
>No because it has to kill something, despite the fact that we regularly kill animals for livestock and could easily use them to make it sustainable.

I hate that he's the villain and the "moral" of the series is going to be that he's wrong for hurting nature to push humanity's interests forward. Typical dying civilization cultural artifact.

There's a lot of of DIVERSITY, from race to sexuality, to even handicaps (there's a deaf general and blind sea captaib and is there someone in a wheelchair? I don't recall). Fairly even gender splits in all forms of authority and skill and so on. But as sort of an upshot of this being a fantasy world, all of this is taken largely for granted. So there's no actual moralizing or soap boxing about any of this to people. There's no racial conflict, no problems with people's sexual preferences, and so on. So in that regard it's not actually as annoying as something like Mockingbird or Iron Heart, because there's never actually any point where the narrative is bent around trying to tell people how terrible cis white males are or the plight of the trans asexual lesbians.

You're only concern is if the existence of a black king or lesbian queens or so on annoys you. Otherwise you just have to deal with typical "bad magic is bad for reasons" and anti-war, we all need to get along kumbaya sentiment. Oh, and if treating elves like people is a problem for you.

Attached: 1537224061114.jpg (1000x2614, 844K)

His moral failing isn't necessarily "hurting nature," it's paranoia. Which manifests in exploiting magic, but it's fairly clear from how he's portrayed that he's meant to be a tragic figure whose heart is in the right place but is too afraid to let things lie and instead ends up instigating shit to his own doom.

Attached: 1537668922576.png (540x540, 395K)

looks good then, ty dude just wanted to know if there were forced storylines to make white man bad - not white men good

Attached: 1548685056031.png (960x884, 975K)

It feels like the show doesn't know where it wants to be. It regularly goes from clone wars to adventure time and back in the span of an episode, with characters plotting political assassinations in one half of the episode, and a cutesy dragon plot line in the other. I think they should definitely make the dragon grow up quick, because the cutesy-goofy characters don't work when it's the target of a medieval CIA agent putting Radium in its drinking water.

The elves decapitate their military, appear to have captured two princes, line up armies at their doorstep, and fly dragons above the clouds, and he's supposed to let things lie?

The humor is really the worst part of it, it's so sophomoric. Even for a kids show. Everyone is fucking Aang.

Yes, because someone has to end the cycle of vengeance. It's just like after 9/11. It would have been much better if the US did nothing than attack the Middle East.

There are ways to end a cycle of violence, and the worst way to do it, is to let the enemy walk in and fuck you. If the kingdom wants to end the cycle of violence, they should follow his lead and make it clear the war will not go in the elves favor by amassing an organized army and maintaining a well defended position on the crossing. Now the kids are different, they know that the dragon will not be used to super slaughter humanity, so what they're doing is morally right, but what Based Viren is doing is the smartest possible option.

The show would honestly would honestly be amazing if it were targeted at adults. The fantasy politics are honestly my favorite part of the show.