How would you right a new Superman movie, whether live action of animated?

How would you right a new Superman movie, whether live action of animated?

Attached: Superman2Clark.jpg (317x345, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=udUCjJphE-0
youtube.com/watch?v=5lX3YG9p-_A
youtube.com/watch?v=greTJhHhiHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Push it from the sides until all angles are perfectly 90 degrees.

Make Lois black

>Dingy prison, in some middle eastern shithole
>Rap version of Queen's "Save Me" plays
>Prisoners, like animals, are crowding around a new guy, taking turns brutally raping him
>That new prisoner... Clark Kent.

Instead of a traditional origin story make it about Clark Kent moving to Metropolis and Lois slowly learning he's Superman.

Attached: superman_sketch.jpg (726x1101, 276K)

Adapt a good story

Attached: Captain America from Krypton.gif (600x923, 354K)

It tales place on a nazi planet full of superpowered aliens were súper powers are ilegal and superman has to be extremely careful with his not to put others at tisk

This plays when Clark leaves his parents and goes to the big city.
youtube.com/watch?v=udUCjJphE-0

Remake this

Attached: SR.gif (500x209, 1.86M)

Either do one of two things:

>go full Neo-Silver Age with it, embracing all the fun craziness that's present throughout the history of Superman comics, filling it with lore galore

Or:

>Nu52 Action Comics/Golden Age-style Superman with him running around dispensing justice to Neo-Nazis, fascists, corrupt businessmen, and shitty lawmakers, gradually transitioning into the above for future movies

I want either parasite or live wire to be the villain. The full narrative thrust would be clark moving to metropolise trying to get Lois to notice him while Lois tries to get superman to notice her, if parasites the villain make it about superman learning how he can help people beyond just lifting things and punching stuff by parasite getting a good enough hold on him to absorb his empathy along with his powers, if live wires the villain make it about how superman learns that he can help just as much as clark as he can as Superman. By convincing the livewire to not destroy the city

>No suit
>Giant Spider
>Sean Penn

Attached: 1466846135439.gif (480x271, 2.86M)

i want a good super girl movie

>By convincing the livewire to not destroy the city
> By screwing her into submission

>How would you right a new Superman movie
Keep it the FUCK away from Hollywood, an institution who's values are diametrically at odds with Superman's on a *good* day.

how about on a bad day

First thing, the movie is mainly about Clark Kent. Clark Kent being an investigative reporter is more interesting than Superman punching shit. When he is actins as Superman, it should never feel too normal, because it is basically Clark in disguise. If Superman is relaxed and nobody is watching, his behavior should be solid Clark.

At no point in the movie will anyone other than his parents know about his secret identity. Everyone is always in a rush for Clark to show Lois or whoever, and that shit needs to stop, so nobody fucking figures it out.

For bad guys, obviously Lex Luthor is #1. Lex isn't going to be a raving mad man, he isn't working for some other bigger bad, and he isn't all that impressed by super powers. Lex will be nuanced, and calculating. When Lex tells you something, it is because he wanted you to know it, and it may not even be true.

Romance/Comedy with some action scenes thrown in.

The movie throws the backstory into a montage in the opening credits and starts out with Clark Kent explaining that he's Superman when things get rough, but he loves his job at the Daily Planet, and he has a thing for Lois Lane, who's a cute reporter girl with dark hair, a fake spray-on tan that gradually lightens up as the movie goes, and a round butt. Then Lois tells Clark she's doing a project to interview and possibly reveal the identity of Superman. Most of the movie is Superman trying to conceal his identity while also saving the day from killer robots, because scientists at Lexcorp are building killer robots, but the robots went berserk and caused a menace, but that's a afterthought, the real story is Superman going WAY out of his way to conceal his identity. Lois also makes it obvious she might in in love with Superman too.

In the end, through detective work and masterful use of distractions and misdirection, Lois finds evidence that Superman is Clark Kent, a man she wrote off as am incompetent dweeb earlier du to him being useless in helping her with the Superman story she was trying to write, but she loves Superman enough not to reveal his identity, and covers the killer robot story instead. She also reveals the fake spray on tan was to try and look sexy for the Superman interview and Clark tells her she's sexy enough without it. The have a really nice kiss scene and it ends with them going on a date to some greasy diner for coffee and pie.

Based. Simple. Believable without grounding itself to being too dark. Build up to the crazy science fiction and fantasy element. Make us care more about Clark as a person than for Superman as a flying alien who can punch things. We can get that, but first we need to care about it. Just one movie that focuses on Clark Kent is all I'd want. Smallville might be flawed as hell, but it gave love and attention to Clark Kent the human than I think any non comic adaptation has even attempted. A movie with that same respect would bring me back to the theater.

It's a 3 part film rolling off the back of Man of Steel. Henry Cavill is back as Supes, with Larry Fong and Snyder pulling directing/cinematography duty.

It's starts with Clark trying to ease back into life from his "stasis" and understanding how Superman has transcended the world as the universal symbol of Hope, and how he must be better and do more. MoS2 introduces John Corbin, General Lane, General Eilling, and John Henry Irons, with guest appearance from Waller. Corbin is a test project for Metallo, a Wounded Warriors type deal for injured vets, but Brainiac corrupts it and makes Corbin go insane. Nobody knows this but the audience, hinted at with Brainiac glyphs. Superman saves the day and avoids collateral damage to a degree. MoS3 delves more into the Brainiac shenanigans; with the Lois starting to see a pattern. Eisenberg is back, as is Asian Mercy, but his Lex is different. He's more cunning, ruthless, and doesn't have those same ticks. His communications with Gods have changed him; but one constant in his life is the whispers from what he assumes is a New God, guiding him to create a new Superman, but it's really just Brainiac corrupting him into making Bizzarro. Movie ends with a battered Superman standing victorious, but with Brainiac's ship looming in the sky. MoS4 then immediately deals with Superman vs Brainiac, how Metropolis is under siege and domed, etc, like a continuation of MoS3. Irons suits up as Steel, Jimmy Olsen is alive and well (guy from BvS was just using his identity), etc.

>Metropolis is a shining beacon of progress and prosperity.
>Crime has evaporated, medicine keeps everyone alive into their 90s and 100s.
>All on the dime of Lex Luthor, who has turned the town into a true City of Tomorrow.
>The only caveat: there is no dollar in Metropolis. The city runs on Luthor credit, meaning you hold no true capital, but in return you enjoy paradise as America suffers an awful recession.
>In comes simple farmboy Clark Kent, who is a stranger to the city's ways but dreams of making it as a reporter at the once-esteemed Daily Planet
>Only to discover in a town with no scandal, the DP is little more than a tabloid rag. Its star reporter Lois Lane is a frustrated, snippy bitch who secretly longs for some excitement
>Clark bumbles through the city, until one day his gifts help him catch a kidnapping in progress - only, the victim is being taken by Luthor's private security, which has replaced the police. Clark follows them to the docks, where he accidentally blows the lid on the truth of Metropolis: that Lex is enabling his idyllic city by buying off organized crime with racketeering operations, human trafficking, and metahuman criminals like Metallo on his payroll
>Clark dons the suit his Ma made for him and Lex's goons learn the hard way what Man of Steel means. He's not at full strength though and gets knocked around by explosions and rockets, but ultimately wins without a scratch.
>The boy he saved, Jimmy Olson, is a vapid social media whore who records the whole thing for attention, by pure accident revealing his existence
>Luthor is horrified as all of his backroom deals are suddenly being thrust into the spotlight, and he begins a media campaign demonize Superman while Metallo moves to kill him, even as social media and grassroots movements spurred by Olson depict him as the new Man of Tomorrow
>And Lois raises out of her funk to investigate the REAL story: what newcomer Clark has to do with this hero

>The story sets up Metallo as the muscle and later upgrades him with Kryptonite, but the real villain is the dependence has on Luthor. He has done genuine good in addition to the harm, and argues he is preserving order as the rest of the nation deteriorates, and Superman's naive ideals threaten to ruin millions of lives
>The question is whether the truth is better than blissful ignorance, and if safety and prosperity is worth selling yourself to the mercy of another.

>Movie opens at Lex's secret research lab
>he's been doing all kinds of research on any potential alien life forms visiting earth
>lots of screens showing different extraterrestrial activity, including references to other DC characters
>someone working for Lex is explaining all the good they could do, what kind of implications meeting beings from another world could have on society
>Luthor stops them, explaining he's not doing this to contact benevolent beings, but to stop horrible monstrosities from overtaking mankind
>"And when that day comes, no man will be able to stand up to them. Except, of course, a super man. Because, doctor, I'm the only thing standing between this great city and mankind's greatest nemesis.
>cue youtube.com/watch?v=5lX3YG9p-_A as Clark Kent enters Metropolis for the first time

Attached: fe5154cf98719182db7cd61820cc5f7f.jpg (500x719, 47K)

>remake of a kinda reboot
yeah no, and lex masterplan was kinda dumb, who gonna buy sterile alien rock ?

They pointed that out, kind of, that it was pretty much just rock. Plus as he displayed his actions were going to eradicate half of the North American continent, so it's land that would be necessary to use as opposed to suitable.

what about gay r2d2?

The Prankster.
Technically does nothing criminal, or does minor crimes, but he gains incredible social media following, and he gets followers to lick unsealed icecreams in stores, trash grocery stores, riot in the streets, troll Superman, vote for meme candidates in presidential election, etc., getting more and more extreme, until at the peak of his popularity, where he uses his influence to plan a really deadly ultimate "prank." All the while, Superman/Kent tries to figure out how to stop him, because he can't just go and punch Prankster's face in. Some subtext about newspaper (Clark Kent at the Daily Planet) as a dying medium vs. popular digital social media (Prankster).
Is the upcoming Joker film kind of like this? I haven't been following.

Morrison AC, based.
Make a live action tv show based off of of Superman and his family. Or do a live action version of Final Crisis: Superman Beyond, All-Star

Adapt this

Attached: 7343__SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x360, 32K)

>Written by so.yus maximus Waid
aborted

I'm of the opinion that every Superman story has already been told, but that that is the advantage of the character. No other superhero has practically entered into modern myth in the same way.
I believe this is why a Superman reboot can't work, and why a "dark Superman" can't work, and why I just don't think a "Superman fights another of his classic bad guys" story wouldn't connect with people.

My Superman would use the fact that Superman has seen and done it all to its advantage. It's an older Superman that has had a thousand adventures. It says "this is how Superman is different from other superheroes, and why he doesn't need an origin retelling, he doesn't need to be reimagined or made more realistic, he doesn't need to be retooled to fit into a cinematic universe".

So the challenge is, "what kind of story do you tell with a Superman who has already done everything?", and my answer is, you just tell the story of Superman.

It's framed as a documentary, showing what Superman is like today in his mid 40's, with a wife and an extended family and friends and all kinds of responsibilities to the world, and also telling his life story in a way that's less about the specific events that occurred and more about how the world viewed him and changed around him for the better during that time. Like, you see him fighting his villains and you see the Legion and you see all the classic covers coming to life, but they're just clips, not scenes.

And all the while that he's recounting his stories and showing you his Fortress, he's humble and charismatic, and he seems to care much more about the people he met along the way and the small moments of helping people rather than the outlandish things occurring around that.

>tl;dr
It's a documentary about Superman's life, showing more how the world was better with him in it and how he's a down to earth great guy despite the unbelievable life he's lived.

Attached: 1977-5DCSupermanMay.jpg (1500x1332, 345K)

It's by Busiek you faggotgate tourist retard

Morrison’s Action Comics run, but just the Superman vs. Lex Luthor and the U.S. Army portion. If that was successful then I’d start bringing in the 5-D imps and other batshit stuff.
Superman: Champion of the Opressed - Superman vs. Lex Luthor & Metallo
Superman: Last Son of Krypton - Superman vs. Brainiac
Superman: Man of Tomorrow - Superman vs. Manchester Black & the Elite
End with an All-Star Superman adaption.

Attached: DBE557A5-76F9-4F59-B95C-32629D23B6BF.jpg (1200x935, 575K)

Every story has been told. Every story today is just the same thing but with different characters and writers.

>Somebody...Save me!
youtube.com/watch?v=greTJhHhiHk

The Superman vs Luthor portion was brief. how you gonna stretch it to a 1 to 2 hour film?

You're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying "Superman is boring because he's played out" or anything, I'm saying that Superman has had so many iconic stories that everyone knows and that literally formed the superhero genre as we know it that trying to tell new stories in that mythos is like trying to make the Empire State Building taller with Legos.

Like sure, you could tell Superman vs. Luthor, Superman vs. Brainiac, Superman vs. Mxyzptlk and try and reimagine those stories in the context of a two hour film, but it seems so silly to me, it's like making a Hercules movie and just making it about one Labor. It feels so limited and stagnant.

It's why Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?, All-Star Superman and Supreme are perhaps the most memorable modern versions of the character, they use the fact that Superman's history is unparalleled in its breadth to their advantage, it's something that makes Superman stand out today and not just yet another big screen superhero who fights yet another big bad guy.

Attached: losh.jpg (1280x1830, 586K)

I had an idea for a Lego Superman movie but I never bothered to write it all down or anything. The gist of it is that Superman agrees to split Clark and Superman into separate people so that he can take a break from saving the world and work on Clark's non-existant social life. The process goes awry and Clarkless Superman turns evil and does the same to the rest of the Justice League. There would be a subplot with Green Lantern and Clark learning that Hal is actually a cool guy and they become friends, plus the main plot would hinge on the split thing not working on him and they would work together to save the day.

When Man of Steel was first announced and slated for Christmas 2012, I had an idea of Clark and Lois being married and Brainiac showing up and taking over.

Made a sketch and everything.

Attached: CCBE8952-C746-41D6-A47C-60D1E6081074.jpg (793x435, 92K)

You are fucking retarded. The average casual has the memory of a goldfish and doesn’t even know villains beyond Lex and Zod exist. Just use Brainiac you dumb faggot, the whole reason Superman has struggled in film is because dumbasses like you get pretentious and don’t just make a Superman movie.

That’s just the “pitch” as it were. The actual first movie would have Clark Kent working for the Daily Star, dating Lana Lang, and would also show off Clark’s journalist abilities. Lois would be his major competitor with her getting him a job at the Daily Planet at the end.