Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Because why not, I'm hoping the upcoming OK KO crossover does a few nods to the show the beyond just the YTP memes. I just want to see Scratch and Grounder in something again.

Also I'm in the mood for drawing, so I'll take a couple of sketch requests.

Attached: sonic model sheet.jpg (1280x1073, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c_ZclJNlPJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=8sV-Qk2pl7c
youtube.com/watch?v=2bu71MruAtI
youtube.com/watch?v=SAIIlCv4CMM
youtube.com/watch?v=nYN7Z2nF-EE
youtube.com/watch?v=z8sxEiTh_WQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oYCy_1MIb2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I drew this yesterday, still learning a lot but I'm feeling more confident about doing requests.

Attached: Octopussy 1.jpg (1500x1500, 477K)

Attached: Close-Encounters-Of-The-Sonic-Kind-7a.gif (500x383, 2.92M)

This is the only time Western Sonic actually looked good.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: FACT.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

I can't (the idea of Sonic is extremely silly and works better as a cartoony cartoon rather than a serious dystopian action show)

Yeah, shame the show didn't translate it so well.

Not bad, animation wise.

Yeah, people keep ragging on the show for looking cheap, really though it's more to do with the character models than anything. Plus whatever studio they outsourced to. At best it's uneven.

If you're the one who posted that gif, you got anymore like that?

There's already one (non-YTP meme) nod: the title card for the ep plays an arrangement of in the hall of the mountain king

man it's a shame that the credits are just a single set that covers every single episode and so we can't tell without outside knowledge who storyboarded which episode and which studio animated what ep (outside of being easily able to pick out TMS's eps)

The ending to 'So Long Sucker' has this moment here which really took me off-guard

Attached: So Long Sucker.webm (740x416, 1.29M)

This is the only time Sonic was ever actually good, period. You prove me wrong.

Sonic Mania was very good.

It's certainly not as good as the TMS episodes, but honestly most of AoStH's animation, in terms of actual character movement, is serviceable. The problem really comes from timing muting what with another studio would have been decent gags.

Attached: David Bowie kills Waldo.gif (400x305, 1.98M)

AoStH also did gainaxing long before Rouge did.

AoStH isn't a great show, but I love it despite it's flaws, and I genuinely think it's better than SatAM; purely because it achieves it's 'aim' better (mediocre comedy > mediocre drama).

Attached: Grandma-Got-Run-Over-By-a-Reindeer-2.gif (400x305, 3.96M)

Attached: Sno-Problem 1.gif (500x381, 710K)

I wonder which of the three non-TMS studios was the best: they were Rainbow Animation (a korean studio), Saerom (also korean), and Hong Ying (chinese)

Pierre De Celles worked at Hong Ying, which I know did the episode 'Big Daddy', the animation is actually pretty decent from a glance.

youtube.com/watch?v=c_ZclJNlPJ8

Attached: Birth-of-a-Salesman-1.gif (400x305, 1.79M)

Attached: Birth-of-a-Salesman-2.gif (400x305, 1.95M)

Is there a video review/analysis or any other kind to talk about on Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog show,cause i kinda want to watch it.

I did watched a video by Nostalgia Critic but i wanna watch something else.
youtube.com/watch?v=8sV-Qk2pl7c

Attached: Curious.png (468x711, 382K)

I'm actually thinking of making one to be honest.

I've certainly got the material, and dare I say my voice is good enough to keep people watching.

Also, here's a sequence (of two shots I edited together) which I rather like

Attached: coconutted.webm (938x716, 1.84M)

youtube.com/watch?v=2bu71MruAtI

(Skips at 0:25)

Attached: Funneh Vedeos.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

Are you a cartoon reviewer or just new?

I'm just curious is all.

Just a guy who runs a blog which takes screencaps of Sonic cartoons. I've been pretty lax on it lately due to work. I do know a fair bit about cartoons, but I'm certainly no expert. However I did do a lot of interviews with the crew of the show, which I still need to write up upon because again, I've been busy with life and all that.

>However I did do a lot of interviews with the crew of the show,
Woah really,that's really impressive,well um good luck on the video i guess and so does your life as well.

Hello,it's me the guy Here is the review video i find/found on Youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=SAIIlCv4CMM

youtube.com/watch?v=nYN7Z2nF-EE

youtube.com/watch?v=z8sxEiTh_WQ

youtube.com/watch?v=oYCy_1MIb2E

Attached: ASH review.png (1024x648, 666K)

It's just email exchanges, except for the one I did with Michealene Risley who was a skype call. She was quite interesting as she worked for SEGA rather than DiC, apparently they did take a close look at both shows during production.

So which is better?

SCRRATCH! GRROUNDAHHH!

they're both awful. Sonic is not toon-silly or adventure-serious, it's slick and hip and cool. it needs to have geometric perfection and jammin styles. Only japanese and the guy from Mania can do this, apparently.

googoo poopoo

Oh well okay,and also a quick question this Michealene Risley girl who worked for SEGA,does she worked as a game developer or ???

>ha-HA ha-HAAA!

She was in charge of licencing at SEGA of America IIRC.

Disagree, Riders (first one specifically) and Heroes proved that Sonic can work with cartoony humor when it's genuine and not going full McNosehair.

Breezie is easy

Attached: you_ain_t_no_ladies_man_by_thegreatrouge-d9h1m80.png (1024x2304, 1.89M)

>She was in charge of licencing at SEGA of America IIRC.
Oh well okay then,goodbye.

I didn't know what you expected, it's not like Yuji Naka would have been watching Kent Butterworth or Ben Hurst during production.

I have met Naka at a con though.

Attached: Magnificent Sonic 13.png (921x701, 892K)

Probably the second video as it actually goes into some detail rather that just being 'lol this wierd show is wierd'.

Attached: D96n6FNWwAMRNHM.jpg:large.jpg (1365x2048, 294K)

Attached: tumblr_pecu9mXACs1s6g4u2o1_1280.png (800x637, 596K)

Attached: breezie_and_penelope_by_evillexie_ddalkij-fullview.png (1024x896, 197K)

Attached: mobius__greatest_hero_by_knockabiller_d9kq6b1-fullview.jpg (1024x883, 235K)

Attached: 4CE70B50-24DE-4975-8649-CD073F1646E0.jpg (2048x1521, 510K)

Fact

>I have met Naka at a con though.

Good for you.