Amphibia thread: Waiting for Part 2 Edition

Attached: End of Part 1 of Amphibia.jpg (1280x1392, 393K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=66zaaVHKWAg
youtu.be/FJGkFU3leY0?t=20
animationmagazine.net/tv/the-perfect-leap-matt-bralys-amphibia-hops-to-disney-channel/
sakugabooru.com/post?tags=rise_of_the_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles
cartoonnetwork.com/video/infinity-train/the-grid-car-episode.html
showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-thursday-cable-originals-network-finals-7-18-2019.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1n25ebE26e8
youtube.com/watch?v=DjS2hIJBt5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that Wally killed a 13 yr. Girl and presumably several Toads

Attached: Wally.png (192x162, 78K)

day 2 of no amphibia. how are my fellow froggots holding up?

Attached: maddiecry.jpg (1569x1080, 148K)

No teenage girls died tho.

can someone explain what happened to this crew member who drew this?

Attached: 1563496868575.png (676x638, 257K)

Just fine...

Attached: AnneCrying.jpg (1200x675, 75K)

we all need someone to lean on user

They got their own show on Cartoon Network.

I'm confused, is Sasha dead, alive or in a coma?

Confirmed

so do we know when part 2 is coming or is it all just speculation

She got saved by Best Toad

Then why was she unconscious and her body limp?

she likely just fainted

Either in a coma or dead.

I can't believe maddie is making bread....

Dead.

This image from the season finale, from what episode it is?

Attached: Captura de pantalla de 2019-07-20 14-13-49.png (1366x768, 1.44M)

What a magical month...

Attached: a co event.png (547x609, 97K)

SO what if the reason that the toads are a militaristic society is that they are protecting the valley from an outside threat?

Twas absolute kino, by far the BEST Disney Animated Series

better than SU, too.

But not better than Mao Mao

Can't wait for her redemption arc.

Attached: 1563342534071.jpg (900x1200, 94K)

Yeah it is, MaoMao is shit.

MaoMao: Heroes of Pure Heart? More like MaoMao: Cartoon of Pure Shit!

>Wally currently has the highest body count

Attached: 1490913129032.jpg (500x500, 140K)

The introduction of magic curses kinda ruined my immersion.
Not because I can't accept there are magical powers, but that they're so powerful. Why isn't this a required skill for everyone to have? How do you defend yourself if you can't do magic? What's with the maces and swords, when you can just turn someone into a chicken?

Because someone gotta till the fields nigga! And not everyone's gonna be smart enough to master curses, magic, whatnot. Maddie's a smart little weirdo with free time on her hands because the other children shun her.

Fuck you may as well ask why everyone isn't becoming wealthy day trading? Anyone can do it, and with even a conservative trading strategy odds are you'll come out on top enough to make it worth it. So why the fuck are people still flipping burgers and digging ditches?

>killed

Bitch that shit was MURDER!

Mao Mao is alright, but I very much prefer Amphibia.

she has explosive amnesia!

Attached: drama.jpg (640x469, 72K)

We've only seen two users so maybe only certain frogs can manipulate spell components. Sort of like Full Metal Alchemist.

recovering from the biggest orgasm of her life, and waiting to be pregnant.

I'm pretty sure she just passed out

I don't want her to be "redeemed", she works better as a bitch.

Even more so!
In that case wizards should rule like kings!
Maddie has a bright future ahead of her as part of the elite.

Too late, she is pretty much redeemed. She wasn't even a bitch to begin with.

curses are probably just leanerd, but considering the short lifespan of most frogs and the fact the town school is a pile of burning ruins nobody is willing to repair, it's likely the science isn't transmitted so often nor easily.
I could see sasha giving it a try when she learns about it.

Well we know that they very probably deal with monsters like herons
But at the same time, having a strong hand to maintain INTERNAL order is just as important. Don't have civil war and blood feuds erupting into inter-village slaughter if the Tower is able to step in and slap shit back down
Which of course is exactly what's happening now that the toads are in disarray and Hop Pop accidentally incited revolt

It's not like she's that evil in the first place.
Her joining the good guys would barely require more development than any individual admitting they were wrong at the end of an episode.

Frogs have human lifespans in this world.
Sprig is ten and Hop-Pop is 68.

who's to say they don't?
being the town magic user doesn't mean much if there's the possibility of bigger niggers out there somewhere that'll magic missile you into oblivion if you get delusions of grandeur

We'll find out more when we meet Marcy's newts.
I mean, obviously those will be magic users, right?

it's a possibility, considering the hot amputee lady at the Bazaar was one and seemed in the know about magic shit

Man i love Mao Mao, one of the best caroons in 2019... but Amphibia is easily in my list of best cartoons of all time.

Though it's unlikely to happen it would be kinda neat if they showed that rebellions can get nasty. And since the insurgents already misunderstand HP's role in it, things should get even more chaotic after the toads had been routed.

>but considering the short lifespan of most frogs
so you ate that bullshit that ex Amphibia staff member posted to justify her Sasha/Grime shipping?... nothing about it tho, Sasha and Grime have a great dynamics with each other.

The usual cartoon conceit is rebels=good guys but it certainly would be something if they really did look at how these completely unrelated uprisings very nearly got Hop Pop and the entire town fucking killed

I was confused about Toadstool's criminal activity.
I legitimately thought he had been run out of town after he had stolen all the taxes and sicced the repo men on innocent tax payers.
So when he appeared later I figured the episodes were non-chronological and they wanted to spread out the big happenings more instead of pack it all at the end.
So with the election I expected Toadstool to win, since he needed to be the mayor "later" when he gets run out of town.

But then he's there at the climax and it turns out I got it all wrong.
It was also weird that the toads stay mad at Anne when it turns out she was in the right defending Hop-Pop. But maybe it makes more sense if they see the whole of Wartwood as one community, which witheld taxes. So the townsfolk must have stood up for Toadstool and accepted the blame for his crime as a collective entity, instead of pointing the finger for the toads as the sole transgressor.
Why?

they don't because of the extremelly high death rate from the predators and natural disasters of that area.

toads on frogs crimes probably gets a slap on the wrist at best.

He pardoned himself of all wrongdoing lol
Executive privilege, so long as he was mayor

Rebellions also tend to be instigated and exploited by third parties wanting to overthrow an existing order and establish their own. But to allow something so depressingly real Disney would have to grow a pair.

We're better off without her.

Attached: 1563492970584.png (1280x720, 351K)

Toad soldiers disliked how Anne defied their authority. The fact that the village was innocent didn't change the fact they got insulted for doing their job. They also saw that as a sign of rebellion, which is something they've been dealing with for some time by that point.

I can't wait for the gang to start traveling to those villages and only meeting ruins and guerilla all over the place

I know it's the longest shot but seeing all of those newspaper articles with random things HP did getting touted as a hero, and how neither Anne or Hop Pop himself or anyone else really has a moment of >wow, that's so cool and inspiring
Everyone looks at the revelation with dread about what the consequences for them then and there will be. In a lot of other shows the last few moments of the episode would have them squaring up to embrace the rebel mantle, but instead they're just dealing with how shook everybody is by what happened

So somehow I have the littlest twinge of hope that we could have their resentment at others far away fucking up their lives get explored.

At some point they might want Hop Pop to lead them to victory, something he's clearly not fit for. He'll either have to learn how to fill those shoes or explain to the rebels that he's not the leader they want.

Yes.

On the other hand, Hop Pop can be a figure head while more capable frogs take over important roles. And don't discount Anne, we have seen how she can rally the frogs for the cause.

I don't get the impression the toads wanted to wipe out the entire town; they only wanted to execute Hop Pop publicly and have the town as an audience to set an example.

I can't believe it, but Sasha is fucking bread

Oh no you're correct, I meant they almost all died because as a part of the attempt to kill Hop Pop/prevent such Wally nearly brought down the entire Tower with them still in it

Lifespan is different than life expectancy. They have human lifespans, as in if they don't get killed by a predator, they can get to live really long lives.

I wonder who wrote those articles. Someone from the village?

>Wally is a deep cover anarchist that's been pushing everyone towards conflict
I wouldn't exactly like the twist but I could see it

Nobody died on the tower, though.
Hop Pop and Sprig made everyone get out before things really started falling apart.

Unless we know if or how many Sasha's killed I'd say Anne's the one with the body count.
She literally blew up four people and the didn't have enough time to escape.

Attached: giddy killing spree.png (551x645, 293K)

>blew up
user, it was a glorified science experiment, I'm pretty sure they survived.

>bullfrogs
>"people"
It was pest control

Well, it would be interesting if they explored that side of the rebellion, but the endangerment of the townsfolk was just happenstance and nothing else. Yes, it could have had serious consequences, but as it stands, the uprisings are not the direct cause of the events that unfolded at the tower.

Honestly I think they should explore Wally's take on it, since strictly speaking, he was the one responsible for it, and I wonder if it would have any consequences on his and Anne's dynamic.

I doubt it, unless they reveal he had those mushrooms because he planned to blow up the tower from the very start, it's probably just gonna stay as a convenient comedic misunderstanding

aw...

looking forward to Part 2, though I don't know if Spectrum will continue uploading episodes 3 hours earlier by then... they seem to flip-flop on it constantly for Star Vs. and DuckTales

Attached: aw yiss.png (132x92, 9K)

They're not going to tell you that people died in the tower, but you can infer it. Maybe no one on the rooftop died, but did you see the explosion? Anyone on the lower levels definitely got dusted.

t. Sasha

Probably just passed out due to that near death experience.

Attached: Anne & Sasha.png (674x966, 123K)

>not using the bra we've seen Anne canonically owns

It’s OC, just like that image of Anne fighting Grime with a tennis racket, which makes no fucking sense since it would easily break.

Anyone's got the mega for the whole season?

Next season Grime gaslights Sasha into thinking Anne let go of her and then dabbed over her presumed corpse.

>Sports bra
>Sexy

Pick one

I'm not sure I'd call it OC, but yeah, that scene exists only in the end credits of episode 20.

It wasn't Grime, it was the tax collector I think

stealing tax money is toad on toad.
This isn't modern taxes with some grand law saying this is still your money and the state just supervises how it's spent and has to tell you where it goes.
This is feudal taxes, Toadstool was stealing Grime's cocaine and hookers budget which he did whatever the fuck he wanted with.

Doing this kind of shit usually got you boiled alive or quartered back then.

Attached: yes.jpg (700x440, 132K)

See ya next year. I'm really really itching for a fanfic about Sasha waking up in Grime's arms.

Attached: 1563494813336.jpg (1312x1312, 236K)

>still swallowing Disney's virtue signaling garbage

Attached: absolutely.jpg (1044x770, 239K)

I guess maybe they decided to hold the town as a whole responsible as an excuse to get rid of Hop-Pop.

>108827699
Door's thattaway, faggot
Don't get your fragile fanny fractured on the way out

this is exactly what I expect to happen, Grime wants to keep her on his side and isn't above lying to do it.

Attached: D-fa8_LUIAAqN_-.jpg (765x610, 45K)

>still incapable of enjoying a good show because muh principles

Attached: 90561db0dc4c7300dcae0e0237f03fea.jpg (465x461, 13K)

>forgetting Bog's name

Dunno, that'd be a hard sell
He KNOWS she's smarter than most

I don't like romantic GrimeXSasha, but I think they make great friends.

he also knows Anne is a weak point for her

>108827752
Oh, that's just embarrassing, man

This but I'm not gonna try to turn this into a screaming match over that shit. Not again. Please, please not again

Same.

Whatsa matter, soiboi? Can't handle the truth? You should go back to your plebbit safe space.

Does he really need to do that?
Where else will she go?

can we discuss the Grimes/Sasha thing? I don't think anyone watching or producing this show has ever seriously or jokingly wished for a scenario where Grime sticks his cartoon frog-man penis into a 13 year old cartoon girl who is voiced and talks like someone much older and mature and is drawn in a vague enough age range of around 13-22.

I DO think Grime saving Sasha midair and looking at her unconscious body in his arms with concern in his expression gives me feelings of warmth, which I struggle to find words for besides "they're a damaged duo and I'm happy he cared for her when she had accepted her death". I feel like dragging the conversation to "ooohh do these sick artists and anons want to see two cartoon characters engage in sexual intercourse" cheapens the duo's bond from what was presented in Prison Break and Reunion. I think Grime and Sasha are going to continue being up to no good for reasons related to lore not sufficiently explained just yet.

Attached: @marleycatts.jpg (2048x2048, 314K)

Guys, I think I want to fuck this frog.

Attached: Untitled.png (379x391, 321K)

>virture signaling
Please tell me where that is in this show because I'm not seeing it.

Partners in crime man.
Partners in crime.
It's a trope.

Well she's a mite crustier now, but be my guest. No judgements

Yeah, like if she were younger I'd want to fuck her. But she's a cute grandma too.

don't engage with shitposters dude

No one on the crew drew it, a storyboarder just retweeted it.

>non-white protagonist
>white friend being on the """"wrong"""" side

Hi, Anne!

Attached: croaker.jpg (718x664, 112K)

1. The main character is inspired by the creators grandmother. It makes sense she’d be good
2. Anne has another friend who’s Asian, who will probably end up being villainous as well.
3. Both will be redeemed anyway

God, Croaker as a young woman is so hot. She's got perfect frog tiddies and she's so cute.

Stop. Responding.
It's not a realy opinion.

Well, the one fighting with the tennis racket is a reference to the mid season episode.

And something about the last one calls my attetion, is the "sandwiches" they are holding. Like some kind of insect sandwich. You are sure is only art?

Attached: amphibia.png (1366x768, 686K)

So now that amphibia is on hiatus, what are some good shows to fill the void, preferably ones with overarching plots

Hmmm
Tanged the series-Two seasons in, also waiting on news about when the third will come
Carmen Sandiego-decent but only like 9 eps so far
That Dark Crystal netflix series'll be coming eventually

>there's already a handful of Tumblr posts talking about this
oh boy

So could Anne had made it out of the valley herself before waiting for the thaw?
It seemed like the majority of the threats were frozen in the ice and being warm blooded she could have just bundled up and forged through, unlike the frogs.

She can't survive on her own.
How would she feed herself?

>Now Yea Forums, you can't just shitpost for a whole year while you wait for the new season.

>Carmen San Diego
Isn’t she a villain? Did they make her a hero in the new series?

We don't know what the mountains are proper like, the terrain could have been literally impassable, not to mention the threat of warm blooded animals
Further away you go the more likely it seems you run into worse monsters, quite a few of which could very well be warm blooded as well. Consider that weasel thing from the hiberday ep

Pretty much. More a chaotic good robin hood sort who steals mostly to fuck with the outright evil organization she split from

Today is a good day to be into thick boys.

Why did Anne pack so much shit into her backpack? Fucking winter gear, a swimsuit, snacks?

Attached: smugnic2.png (484x349, 165K)

Some of her later stuff might be locally made. Perhaps her school has a pool. Do schools have pools in United States?

Some do, but it's not the norm.

I hope they keep up the gag and have Anne continually produce human world items that could not have possibly all fit in her bag

>A literal toad.
That's about what I'd expect of a chubby chaser.

I'm swear to god I'm not, I just think thicker guys are good and he's a cute monster guy too.

It's entirely possible that Marci and Sasha shoplifted from a few places already on the way to the antiques store, and Anne was the mule.

>Wally was the violent revolutionary the whole time

I like how all the armor is coppery/bronze, which wouldn't rust in a swamp

Someone had to spread Hop Pop's message through out the land.

Passed out after getting a glimpse of something she hasn't seen in months.

Attached: anne.png (2000x2475, 1.69M)

Seriously there’s convenient skirts and then there is pure gravity defiance
Is there a wire skeleton threaded into those uniforms

WHERE’S THE BOARD YOU GOTTA GO
WHEN YOUR SHOW IS IN HIATUS MODE?
(/TRASH/)
YOUR’E DAMN RIGHT

Attached: 197DB98B-E186-43A8-977B-136CA0B21F75.jpg (409x516, 37K)

so long as
>X ON SUICIDE WATCH
>REEE DISNEY THREAD #59439568
>TWITTER SCREENSHOT OUTRAGE FARMING
and other such shit up the catalog, this show is not even worth noting by the mods
also this is getting old, nigga

yeah but I would have much rather had this spread out

It's people like you that ruined the Hilda threads.

Sasha's gonna lean hard into Grime and the toads out of shear self loathing. Seeing the Plantars genuine concern for Anne broke her self image as Anne's protector and now she'll latch onto anything else she can define herself with.

Attached: vlcsnap-00096.png (1728x1080, 1.72M)

So howw do you think would Amphibia end?
>Final episode of the show involves Sprig who is now Hop Pop's age telling his grandchildren the story of Anne: Defender of Wartwood and his best friend
>Meanwhile, Anne and her friends finally return home and somehow just in time for her 13th birthday party. She uses the lessons she's learned in Amphibia to make herself a better person. Though she can never return to Amphibia sadly, she'll never forget the adventures she had there.
>The final shot of the episode will show us that she adopted three frogs that look like the Plantars

Attached: 19072019223251.jpg (1280x3243, 633K)

honestly the biggest question about this setting is how they managed to get to 18th century america level of civilization when their environment makes whateverth-century Africa look like mesopo-goddamn-tania in comparison. We watch giant bugs destroy their buildings regularly. How are frogs not extinct? How did they ever manage to develop agriculture when the pests are 20 times their size?

>puts edition in the title
may as well fucking beg the mods to purge the Amphibia to /trash/

Attached: carpets match the drapes i see.png (1105x635, 1013K)

people can spend time together and be close without going P in V
especially when one of them doesnt have a P
i blame islam for this whole 'worrying about people getting too close, ohnoes theyre fucking' attitude.

>that awesome swordfight at the end
i was disappoint anne didnt have her glowing blue sword Mermando gave her. I mean sure, she was going to a party, but this is an oldtimey universe. You can wear your sword around.

at least it's not more spats. gettin fucking sick of those
especially when they put em on Fink after we got an innocent nopan upskirt of her and she's a damn mouse.

Anne’s feet look really delicious in this shot
Not even a footfag, but the color of her skin combined with the color of the slippers makes it look like some kind of chocolate pastry you’d get at a bakery

totally
though if you look at it wrong it also kinda looks like a dick, and that does not expand dong.

I’m actually surprised they had a real serious fight. Most of these shows usually have “battles of wits” or they use some ambiguous magic ability. Seeing two characters that are actually characters (not monsters) in a battle with serious consequences was pretty awesome

yeah only action shows get neutered now, 'toons' are allowed violence. it's bizarre but those are the rules

Generations of bloodshed and adaptation
Just imagine what the woodlands were like before the frogs whittled down the beasts to something approaching habitable
The fact that a small town like Wartwood manages as just a town while there's the walled city in the center of the island makes me wonder what else is out there to necessitate a huge fortification like that
Of course that might just be a benefit of significant enough resources and population that they could build and maintain a wall so they aren't constantly on the lookout for any old creature that wanders by unchecked

so you're just suggesting a high turnover rate and broadcast spawning.. explaining why we see such small families riddled with gaps. sprig and polly's parents are dead, hop pop's wife is dead. yellow girl frog's dad is dead, creepy frog's mom is dead. yeah you're probably right.

I like to imagine a SSSS style deal where population centers might occasionally band together enough man (frog) and firepower to have an expedition to purge areas of monsters so they can be settled/build some buffer space between wild lands and the towns

But yes, big time attrition. The fact that for who knows how many years a person was completely expected to just get snatched and eaten (unknowingly) by a weasel creature and that was just part of life shows what their expectations for mortality is

Hell, you even see at least one toad nigga get straight up swallowed during the heron attack. Amphibia is brutal

indeed, which is why i'm so surprised they're as far along as they are. technology is invented when your basic needs are being met, you don't have to slave all day just to survive, and you have extra time to think about a better way, and work on that shit. nobody can plant seeds and wait for them to grow unless they have stores of food to live on until then. and they'd have to guard their fields all day long, logically, to have any resullts at all.
I guess I'm looking too hard into it, it's just surprising is all.

I want to treat Anne right so she doesnt think she has to let friends own her

don't necrobump

I'll take this over the 20 plus bitching threads we'll be having for the next year what with Thor 4 being revealed any day

new to Yea Forums huh? this isn't a message board, my good pal.

have fun in /trash/

chavs are gonna sound really silly trying to say that one

lol how are you still alive with such a roughly ruptured ass, nigga?

your replies sustain him

is Marcy just going to be another bully, or is she another victim of Sasha's aggressive personality? What could she do in part 2 that would set her apart from the other 2 girls?

she's rather the enigma isn't she?
the most bold answer I can think of is that she knew what the box was and instigated the theft and activation of it on purpose
for what purpose, I couldn't even begin to guess

I think I am starting to become a huge grimefag.

Toads just seem too stupid overall to be the big bad guy forever, and we've already seen Salamanders and Axolotls, what other amphibians could show up with Marcy? Maybe reptiles from another island?

reptilia is next to amphibia? i could see it

Furries

I want something about how they got the ketchup.

"Listen up! Where I come from, we grind these things to paste & use them to make OTHER vegetables taste better!
I suppose if you're not ready for live fire training like that, there's no shame in signing up for lavatory duty back at the tower..."

Attached: alphaAsFuck.jpg (200x200, 11K)

Sure user I'll give it a shot but it probably won't be lovey dovey like that image.

Okay, waiting for season 2 is going to be a problem. I actually made it a daily routine to stay up and download the newest episode watch it and go to bed. Now that it's over it's sort of out of whack. I have not idea what to do now.

I'm actually expecting Sasha to have amnesia in season 2 and Grimm just makes her think she's his daughter or something.

then don't bother, honestly

One theory was she was planning to run away or something, which would make sense why she had so much stuff.
Though on the flashback we find out it was her birthday and such. So toss that out the window.

what song do you think the music box actually plays?
my guess is
With a knick knack, paddywhack, give a frog a bone
this old Anne's not going home

Did the dumbasses that came up with that theory finally realized that this is a cartoon, and there's still space for shenanigans like multiple outfits just because?

amneezy from falling off a cliff? or are we thinking the impact of being caught jangled her brainbanana

if you use the 'this is a cartoon' idea then she should have more shit

That's fine. I'm curious to see people's takes on Sasha reacting to being alive after seemingly accepting her death. I hope she learns to rely on the toads and appreciate them as friends like Anne and the frogs.

I mean I wanna get it right, Sasha WAS trying to save the others by letting herself go, right? A mild self-sacrifice where she was pretty certain she was gonna die anyway along with them, but still an honorable thing to do

Are you could just relax about it.

having a functional brain isn't compatible with relaxation, and I refuse to let you shirk your smaller share

Thanks for saving this. I just came here to ask for it after Hannah beleted it cuz SHW twitter harassment.

>Sasha WAS trying to save the others by letting herself go, right?
Most definitely, she seemed to analyze the whole situation before making the decision.

Yeah that's what it looks like by all accounts. Even realizing that she was EMOTIONALLY as well as physically dragging Anne down
As to how she'll react to knowing she's been denied the sweet embrace of death? I think she'll hold onto her mission to reunite everyone and find a way home, but perhaps with a shaken or humbled mindset
I too hope she sticks with Grime and the rest, their rapport is really nice

Sashime for the win!

Attached: up top.png (1203x997, 1.04M)

he obviously just cares for her for whatever reason. There’s always going to be part of any fanbase were if two characters are touching it means they’re in love and sweaty sex is eminent and implied.

Besties-in-law episode when

Attached: can you believe this shit.jpg (1365x768, 156K)

bro your sense of the character is deeply flawed if you think Sasha is going to wake up and plant a smooch on Grimes.

dyou guys think maybe she'll try to manipulate the toad side of things and.. if it gets back to a big conflict, betray the toads this time?

betray is a tricky word
although I think if forced to make the choice (and I'd say good odds on the possibility occurring) she'd probably desert Grime and the toads if she thought she'd be able to get away from the island with Anne and/or Marcy in tow

But not out of any sort of malice, I think

>I actually made it a daily routine to stay up and download the newest episode watch it and go to bed. Now that it's over it's sort of out of whack. I have no idea what to do now.
Same here.
The day after I was waiting for MEGA-user to upload, and then it hit me that, oh yeah, the season's over.
He doesn't have anything to upload now.
And I have nothing to watch late at night.
I am sad. I am very, very sad.

>what song do you think the music box actually plays?
Tell me that I'm your own, my baby
Hello my baby, hello my honey
Hello my ragtime, summertime gal...

Attached: maxresdefault[7].jpg (1280x720, 112K)

>/>108839793
counterpoint however, Sasha could possibly whiplash all the way back around and decide she's been such a bad friend and Anne is better off without her that she actually decides to stop trying to go back to Earth or even reconnect with her friends

These virtual signally gay furries are quite the nuisance.

>They start actually calling themselves Sashime
>Fuck, if Spranne can be a platonic duo name
>But every time they say it, a giant mudskipper appears and slaps around some of the toad guards
>They don't get it, and Sasha isn't the type to have seen Young Frankenstein so she doesn't pick up on the nature of the running gag.

yeah certainly not maliciously..
by the end I hope it's Anne teaching Sasha how to be nice.

I'd unironically love an episode of Sasha trying to really awkwardly make it up to Sprig for trying to Red Wedding him and his family.

Attached: 1562175707346.jpg (800x1183, 97K)

depressy sasha.. naw.. no way.

Based

Anne has seen some shit

yes

Attached: 1563346010805.jpg (768x576, 99K)

I HATE YOU

It's not hype, bro.
It's not good.

I'd love it too, something along the lines of an "Enemy Mine" plot where they have to work together.
Especially if they say "because Anne cares about you!" or something like it in unison.

Attached: might_need_invader_zim.gif (500x330, 498K)

my theory is she was in a boarding school so she packed a weeks worth of clothes before she got isekai'd.

Anne commutes by bike, remember?

I hate youuuu i hate you a-non
awww none of my dreams are coming true
You're instructing me on
how to be an asshole like you

DAY 3 OF AMPHIBIA HIATUS

Anne's wearing too many clothes
Like 3 or 4 too many clothes

does distance even matter when it comes to boarding schools? Do they require your to board in their schools?

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on...

Attached: 1561274186784.gif (120x89, 65K)

>Day 3 of no froggy adventures

Attached: 1563598893726.jpg (1024x1024, 749K)

I mean... regardless, user brought it up in the context of "maybe that's why anne has so much shit in her backpack" so...

still cant believe they licensed that.
I keep thinking this is a flavored ice pop. remember those? with the usually gumball eyes?

youtube.com/watch?v=66zaaVHKWAg

test

FAILURE

read that in the smash announcer's voice

SUPER SMAAAAASH BROTHERS MELEE

>amputee lady
She was a snake right? That's what I thought when I first saw her

No game's intro has ever really beaten that, has it? Even the big wonderful chorus theme songs can't compare.

Salamander using her tail as a hand. Only Amphibians are sapient in this world.

youtu.be/FJGkFU3leY0?t=20

so a caecaelian then?

You bastards got me into this show yesterday and now im about to watch the last episode. please tell me another season is confirmed

3 seasons is what Matt Braly has planned for the story from start to finish, I believe.

Second season's ordered. It'll probably be a while though.

Attached: 1562649201116.jpg (1400x1500, 1.13M)

No, this is a caecilian. Basically a vertebrate worm.
She's a salamander. limbs and all.

Attached: Dermophis_mexicanus.jpg (852x566, 95K)

It could be interesting next season would be focused on Sasha or Marcie. Since they are three girls and three seasons It could be nice.

so she had limbs
i'm just saying limbless amphibians are a thing, and if this show is cool it'll show them at some point.

According to wikipedia, Caecilians are limbless amphibians, user.

Is this confirmed? I don't remember seeing feral turtles, lizards, or other reptiles.

Oh fuck how amazing would it be is there was a Secret Wars type arc involving Chameleons

bold move but i'd love a show doing that

yeah i fucked up the spelling, caecaelian is what Ursula was. octopeople with the rather fucked up layout of tentacles below the waist, meaning basically the front half of one animal connected to the mouth of another.

Seeing the ratings, we're only going to get a Season 2 and that's it.

I definitely remember multiple feral lizards that were deadly as fuck. and snakes and one prominent crocodile
but there's no reason there might not be intelligent reptiles on other islands

I would like to see that parasite that makes frog have extra deformed limbs in the show. So far we've seed mind controlling fungus, that's actually inspired from Cordyceps, so that would be a neat idea for the show.

Attached: maxresdefault (17).jpg (1280x720, 113K)

No. 3 Seasons

weren't amphibia rating so far pretty decent? Honestly I prefer a short 2-3 seasons shows insead of something overextended gradually losing its charm

IM ABSOLUTELY FUCKING PISSED OFF WE WONT BE GETTING A SEASON 2 UNTIL 2020 THEY BLEW THEIR ENTIRE LOAD IN LESS THAN A MONTH FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Attached: 1511717404321.jpg (161x172, 11K)

I wasn't saying caecilians aren't amphibians, I thought the dude was suggesting that she was a caecilian since people keep asking if she's anything other than what she actually is.

Disney wanted it out of the way for Owl House, despite it possibly being a better show.

What the fuck do they have against having more than one cartoon on at a time? It's not as if they'll be airing in the same time slot

No competition.

Owl House has a set release date of vaguely 2020. Matt Braly had a poll on twitter about whether people liked the episodes released real quick or weekly like a more traditional serialization. I'm pretty sure the poll leaned more on the weekly format, so I suppose internal production consensus still went for the episode dump.

I had fun talking about the show every day with anons, so it was alright.

This is the second time I've seen this posted and still no fucking source.

Attached: 1459475466596.jpg (942x943, 123K)

.... you can't compete with YOURSELF
and you aren't in competition if you aren't in the same fucking time slot. user. brain.

>Matt Braly had a poll on twitter about whether people liked the episodes released real quick or weekly like a more traditional serialization.
why? it's not up to him, obviously. I guess he could show that to the mouse, but...
i mean braly is obviously doing his best to ape gravity falls, so i wouldn't be shocked if he had the same basic plan.

well actually I was just parroting what that first user posted, I was hoping someone else had an actual source lol

So, is there just one guy at disney willing to greenlight decent shows while CN/Nick are still desperately trying to get the attention of today's kids?

Once Sasha gets redeemed they better acknowledge how she fucking tried to fucking murder Sprig.

They probably want to scoop in all the potential ratings they could get from each show individually without one outshining the other.

Is it really aping if the things you did similarly are done much better?

Disney seems to have better quality control and willing to experiment to an extent. CN seems just to allow any hack to get a show. And Nick is just shit.

Social commentary is a requirement to get a CN show, it's just helpful at Disney

>braly is obviously doing his best to ape gravity falls
Well, he did say Pacifica changing inspired him for the show.
>“We had a character on that show called Pacifica Northwest, who was this superficial character, but by the end of the season, she went through a real transformation and became a real hero,”
>“I thought, to have this character change so drastically was so rewarding, and that’s why I knew I wanted my own show to have some of the element as well.”
We can probably expect something like that with Sasha.

Disney has money. CN will milk Steven Universe for all that it's worth, and it looks like they're hoping for Infinity Train to grab people's interests. I'm sure it'll do fine, but no lesbians, no chance at any big success. Nickelodeon has Spongebob as usual and TMNT. Rise is very good. They also have Glitch Techs which looks fucking amazing but they won't even bother dumping the show which pisses me off to no end.

Nick's only desire is to BE disney. that's it.

again, retarded. tv has never worked that way. things have lead-ins, they have synergy, crosspromotion...
unless the current head of disney tv animation is unfamiliar with the medium, that just doesn't parse.
i mean, yes? like if an ape copies something a human does, it's probably going to have more muscle behind it.
but let's not exaggerate, this show is great but it's no GF.

animationmagazine.net/tv/the-perfect-leap-matt-bralys-amphibia-hops-to-disney-channel/

Source on that btw

Attached: The Top Frog himself.jpg (1000x1500, 325K)

Endgame

Attached: creepin.png (706x398, 194K)

huh. i always hated pacifica and especially that arc, and ESPECIALLY her fans, but.. sure, why not. Maybe Sasha will do it right.
>Rise is very good.
user.. please..
>Glitch Techs
the fuck?
>they won't even bother dumping the show
so the reason I've never heard of it is they won't air it?

Reminder that if they released only 1 Episode per Week, we'd be on Ep.6 right now.

>let's not exaggerate, this show is great but it's no GF.
I personally like Amphibia better than Gravity Falls so far, but let's not get into an argument now.

Rise is very good. Nothing more to discuss. Look up Glitch Techs. Fucking travesty.

Our guy

Amphibia is way better than Gravity Falls & Star.

yeah fair enough, its quality is high enough that taste can take it that extra mile
also the presentation has been the exact opposite of GF, so who knows how I myself might feel about it later.

But that doesn't even make sense.
If you dump the entire season in a week, many kids are going to miss it. So the reruns will be their first exposure.
Functionally, it's the same as them running simultaneously.

Glitch Techs is just kind of a whole mess, part of Nick's problem is that since they have SpongeBob and The Loud House every other show just gets fucking thrown under the bus more often than not.

I'm like curious, but you're praising the worst TMNT in what has been a decade of bad TMNT, so I don't know if I trust you to explain it.

Hop Pop is best character

I think that might be regering to Toadstool, actually.

so it's like CN only showing TTG
it's almost like the old syndication packages shows used to get, except you got 65 episodes dumped on you at once followed by nothing (or else a second package if it does well), not 20 followed by a year's hiatus and then 20 more. because they had multiple studios working on the shit back then.

>Maybe Sasha will do it right.
Matt and his crew have treated their characters with a lot of love so far, I trust them to handle her correctly.

he really fucking is.
you think we'll get redemption for Toadstool? that'd be pretty neat, I'd love to hear Stephen Root get to put some real acting behind that one comical southern voice everyone has him doing. He has range, he has legit talent.

Could be, "character development" is really not a new concept a all.

damn I wonder how he reacted to the actual ending of the show and pacifica's character murder

>Matt and his crew have treated their characters with a lot of love so far
seriously, this show has a few flaws but the one I'm so glad they don't have is this tendency for characters to be written as casual jerkasses as a poor attempt at comedy. They occasionally stray a little in that direction, but never for long. (For that matter, they don't act like total oversensitive pusses either). there's none of that casual derailment or 'any character could have said that line interchangeably' that tends to be synonymous with wacky stuff lately.

I think we alrady got what the writers consider a Toadstool Redemption.
When he saves the townsfolk in Anne of the Year and in Reunion.

it is in western cartoons.

I didn't watch the CG series, so I have no opinion. I have thoroughly enjoyed the action scenes in Rise.
sakugabooru.com/post?tags=rise_of_the_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles

some of the animation is alright, and I'm glad they made the turtles different shapes and sizes, but I still can't forgive them for contributing to gingercide

This show has no shipping, that's why it's so fucking good. GF had a lot of fun writing Stan and Mabel, but Dipper's hopeless crush on Wendy dragged out over both seasons was like nails on chalkboard for me. Best thing about GF was the banger theme song, but the episodes were hit or miss for me, especially the series finale episodes.

He's gonna have to work harder than that. I loved that little "who am I gonna embezzle from?" line. As far as I'm concerned this wasn't a change at all, just a clarification.

Attached: Sasha Sees Anna's Pussy.jpg (2208x1268, 1.02M)

Well yeah the action is fucking amazing. But that's basically the only thing it does right.
That's something, for sure, but all it does is piss me off further that THIS is the show getting that
just like the 2012 show got tons of special guests and a ton of money thrown into it and I got pissed THIS is the show getting that treatment. while the one good show had to languish in its non-union 4kids dungeon

is it just Me or are Disney TVA's current Series' way better than CN's current Series'?

>hopeless
uh, user..
they switched
hats

No, you're right.
current Disney TVA >>> current CN >> current nick

Attached: Anne + Sasha Gokhan16.png (2168x2000, 1.42M)

>This show has no shipping, that's why it's so fucking good.
Well, it does have Sprig and Ivy, but it's definitely not obnoxious like Dipper's crush on Wendy or Star Vs' whole shipping drama.
Nah, I'm definitely with you on that.

Attached: blep.png (886x426, 625K)

>There's people on this board right now who think Infinity Train is better than Amphibia

CN has fallen so hard. They used to be king at one point.

Alright Yea Forums, Sprig & Ivy or Sprig & Maddie?

Maybe it was a Siren?

Attached: greater-siren-siren-lacertina.jpg (1300x591, 69K)

I have NOT watched Infinity Train, so I have no opinion there yet, but I do have to say that I still hate the hole in the MC's hair.

At least they don't BLEW THEIR ENTIRE LOAD IN JUST ONE FUCKING DAY AND LET THE FANDOM FUCKING STARVE FOR NEW EPISODES.

Attached: 1540101696937.gif (640x329, 1.83M)

Mao Mao is my favorite show currently running. it's making up for all my disappointments from OK KO not living up to its potential.

infinity train by nature is built to be "1 intro episde then infinite "wacky shit of the day" episodes, I don't understand how people expect it to be good or have any lasting power considering the poor records of the current industry. It might become a good source for memes though.

It wasn't obnoxious, but I disliked how their dynamic changed after their introduction.
First they're friends and don't want things to get awkward, but when Sprig realizes het likes her it becomes about a guy getting his crush to like him.

so many weird amphibians in the world.
I want Maddie to find some other guy to love. but there aren't any more.

cartoonnetwork.com/video/infinity-train/the-grid-car-episode.html

all we have is one 11 minute episode and the highlight of it was introducing some of the abstract concepts the show has to offer. I'm interested but I have my doubts whether they'll be able to keep it up. resist the urge to drop the show the second you hear her talking about coding to her token black friend

That's the way of things.
what, theyre giving out the first episode free?

user how can I resist that. now I don't even want to watch it
how could you even say something like that on tv

unless you mean actual coding like a computer..

Mega where?

Attached: 314f2a1f891f259d70d75b603616827a.jpg (750x741, 54K)

Disney has done the same for Ducktales and Amphibia.

>she has a black friend
wtf I hate Infinity Train now

yeah but on youtube. if it doesnt show up on the chube I assume it's not being given out free
among other things CN's video client suuucks.

Go away /pol/

>That's the way of things.
No, I mean I don't think of it as a natural shift.
I would have expected it to be less about her noticing him (they already regularly play together) and more about getting over the fact that he will lose a good friend if he initiates and she rejects him.

it basically makes her seem like another cliche OP hackergurl till a minute later when you see she can barely program a sprite to move back and forth, a fairly realistic skill level for a kid

oh phew. I thought you meant shit being "white/black-coded"
this is the absolute state of the world, it's fucking with my head
Naw if anything that's a joke on all that Google-sponsored 'push girls to learn programming yay!' bullshit, where the "programming" was insultingly, patronizingly fake

I'm just memeing chillax.
Eh, I don't care about a character' ethnicity unless it's annoying, I'll give Infinity Train a watch once I finish Mao Mao.

>Kids talking about 'woke' internet buzzwords amongst themselves.
I don't think that could be made entertaining even as a satire.

And of course, the only annoying ethnicity is: French.

there's nothing I wouldn't believe right now. they're not going to stop pushing.

Also not to be that guy or anything, but the reason my brain went somewhere fucked is you found it necessary to say 'her black friend' rather than just 'her friend'
I didn't see what normal coding had to do with that.
The crazies are the ones trying to make separations and make us see race everywhere, then blame us. don't let them win.

It actually looks like magic curses is just a bunch of alchemy, and not the convenient things happen as you will it overpowered ability as shown in other shows.

So I decided it is time to make some gifs based on Amphibia.

Have some bird Anne.

Attached: Anne don't like4ch.gif (480x270, 2.05M)

I really liked the pilot but don’t like the slightly simplified redesign also worried if the show will be any good

We think alike.
I still think being "color-blind" is a good thing.

The creator's response to the simplification is hilarious. There's a thread up regarding it

>Only the caster can undo a curse.
>Curses can be extremely debilitating.
Looks to me like you have no choice but to obey a curse user.

>What's with the maces and swords, when you can just turn someone into a chicken?
years of /tg/ arguments right here

With the rebuttal to that argument usually taking the form of "not everyone has an aptitude for magic" or "just specialize in dealing with magic users". The problem of course being that in a lot of cases by the time you know what you're dealing with it's already too late, as was the case in that episode. Who expects a candy maker or baker's daughter to be able to sling spells with nothing other than a pouch of materials? Like this user said you basically have to put up with them if you do know what you're getting into, though since seemingly anyone can do it you could probably just go to someone who breaks curses and pay them for the trouble.

And being without sleep I ignored that that post also mentioned the bit that only the curse caster can remove it. So you're truly fucked if they decide not to undo it. That's pretty OP.

Maddie reversed the curses onto him, so strongarming them if your not curse adapt is the only choice

I imagine that works in most cases, but if you meet someone who's truly dedicated to making you miserable or decides to cast something like a dying curse, there's no getting around that.

>The usual cartoon conceit is rebels=good guys

Honestly the only time I can think of where the Rebels are expressly bad is FTL

I don't think the politics of eiter side are really explored there.
Perhaps the rebels are good and you're playing as a bad guy.

Why is Anne allowed to have boobs?

Attached: anne mocking mabel luz and star, the flat bitches.png (4096x2633, 1.66M)

Unrelated, but should I give Star Vs a chance? I loved both GF and Amphibia is Star Vs just as good?

Star Vs was pretty good for the first 2 1/4 seasons or so but there's an obvious decline in quality druing season 3, it continued to slope down in season 4 and the ending is a bit of a shit show.

The sad part is that the defenders of the shitty writing in the latter two seasons, are pretty much defending it with "read the databooks" because the show flatout stops giving us crucial context. For example, there is this one character that is said to be extremely evil and all the evidence points towards him being, but when he finally shows up he's totally cool and the evidence against him is never brought up again. And even the databooks can't really excuse the awful ending.

Attached: star can't enjoy her date.jpg (640x799, 141K)

A month in, still no Frog Anne.

superior thai mom genes

Thanks.

Anyone seen the ratings? how well did the one month marathon did? Is there a way to know how many people watch it on the App?

Attached: 1562218294447.jpg (1200x900, 75K)

discordservers
com/server/

>the App
Probably only Disney knows that, and companies that use apps like that tend to use the information to their own advantage in any case.

showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-thursday-cable-originals-network-finals-7-18-2019.html

I'm sure wikipedia has the rest but the season finale got 337,000.

Attached: rat.png (635x249, 12K)

It would be kino if each season finale had a song that was tied to an emotional moment like what they did with Lean on Me
>S02 finale- the trio finally reunite and embrace each other
>S03 finale- the trio finally return home
What song would you want the show to play during these moments?

Pop culture songs are always horribly out of place in these shows and movies, and you have bad taste for enjoying them kino fag.

>song from the 70s
>pop culture

>A song that appears once a year in some fucking cliche commercial because the rights to rent it is so cheap.
Yeah, pop culture.
youtube.com/watch?v=1n25ebE26e8

Some of you fuckers are so sensitive

Attached: wp_ss_20190721_0002.png (1080x1920, 271K)

>gay furry kids attacking and defending you

That poor woman.

Attached: 1562187715424.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DjS2hIJBt5U

That sucks. Even BCG gets consistently better ratings. Hopefully it does better on other platforms.

>I Hope the effect is minimal

Wow just wow, so much idiocy in so few words

what board does each character browse

Doesn't help that it only airs at 9 am CT and 9 pm CT

Is this from an actual episode?

>TFW season 2 sucks ass because Disney had to meddle with production to avoid something like this in the future.

>Anne: Yea Forums
>Sasha: /fa/
>Marcy: /x/
>Hop Pop: /his/
>Sprig: /an/ and /qst/
>Polly: /k/ and /fit/
>Grime: /pol/ and /tg/

the face painting? Yeah

Which one?

Doubtful, not like anyone bothered to try stamp out the pinecest ship. Of if they did they weren't very good at it

21, Grubhog day. Its part of the montage of Sprig and Anne doing everything but what they are suppose to be doing

Did a story board Artist made art of the ship like this one?

I mean, this kind of internet stuff never really reaches the parents, does it?
That's what matters.

She didn't make the art in the first place, just re tweeted it. And said when she was story bordering the scene she saw Grime as a teen

it's okay, we all already saved the picture and will share it on the rest of the internet

I fucking love that piece of shit furry whatever replying with a holier than thou lecture because a harmless, dumb drawing on Twitter will most certainly be the downfall of Western civilization unless moral guardians make a fuss about it on social media. Jesus christ I hate Twitter.

Let me just send all of this to the soccer moms organization. Pedophilia should not be endorsed, specially by those who are part of a television program targeted to children.

NO YOU FU-

As a teenage furry bi transvestite (Xe/Xer), this offends me (exactly 4 Yikes and quarter of Oofs) and I demand this to be immediately removed from my Yea Forums timeline.

>Jesus christ I hate Twitter.
Yeah, but remember when the collective twitter conscious turned an AI into a Nazi. Ahh good times

As a xenomorph i too disaprove of this. Downvoted and reported to jannies.

>removed from my Yea Forums timeline.
Sir-I mean-Xer. I don't think that;s a thing we can, you know, do.

Normie parents aren't gonna follow storyboard artists. They have at best surface knowledge concepts of what their kids watch. I overhear shit in breakrooms all the time.

>My keedz love that show (Gravity Falls) but I can't stand it. I just looks so evil.
>My son watches Adventure Guy too. Some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen.

Block features exist for a reason. The community's probably doing fine if the worst it has is a handful of people getting overtly offended over a sketch on twitter.

Attached: Sasha_Grime_Hoodlums_by_GreyAnnis.jpg (1451x1080, 161K)

furry Anne is cute

Anne is always cute no matter what she wears.

Attached: D9kJn1kUwAArNR2.jpg large.jpg (1571x2048, 317K)

why did Anne never clean out her hair?
that branch must hurt after awhile

The poof of her hair is more protective than any modern military helmet

She has a couple times, but then she sticks it all back in.

I hope they become recurring villains.

Whenever she "cleans" her hair, the twigs and leaves are actually just getting pushed deeper inside her bush.
They will inevitably emerge after any rigorous activity.

just fainted

Attached: 1562948710025.png (1201x2048, 1.99M)

I doubt they will be like team rocket but I'm sure they will be around.

In my ideal world the toads become a roving band of raiders after having lost their power.
Sasha and Grime take what they need wherever they go.
Without the central authority the valley descends into anarchy, with competing factions of which the diminished toads are only one.

I want a full on Giles Corey sequence where the higher ups capture and try to extract a confession from Hop Hop through some torture and he shows some Herculean pain tolerance

I'm glad that Grime wasn't just killed off in the finale when the tower went down. I expected Sasha to survive somehow, but was pleasantly surprised that Grime cared enough to be the one to go out of his way to save her.

Attached: 1563604887440.png (1280x444, 369K)

Nice

delete this

Now that they have Sasha as a fellow warrior, maybe they can vary their roster more with other species.