Story Time Weekend of Pain NEOKOSMOS: PART 2

Take a seat, gather round, and find out what happens when a Steven Universe storyboarder doesn't know how to make things that aren't Steven Universe storyboards!
LAST TIME ON NEOKOSMOS: Nothing fucking happened, except like 3 things that happened. I don't know, read it yourself. Experience pain like I have.
We covered a bit more than 800 pages in the last thread, so that's about half the comic. Between today and tomorrow I should finish the back half of it.
PREVIOUS THREAD:

Attached: 00.png (350x350, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/p8Lyc6y.png
i.imgur.com/IxSpjcO.png
neo-kosmos.fandom.com/wiki/Compies
66.media.tumblr.com/09e28166c22caed8c61e7e79f6c6137d/tumblr_pucncf16x21us3swho1_1280.png
youtu.be/sXkDy0NinQM
youtube.com/watch?v=O64qZyaaVwU
youtu.be/ntC2Tm-26Q4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear],
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiety]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychomotor_agitation]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response]
i.imgur.com/6niomp2.png
youtu.be/oIscL-Bjsq4
youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU
kosmosimg.com/homestuck/0008.gif
badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Neokosmos
youtu.be/P91pvMdoZ80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Commentary
Let's play a game of figuring out which of the patches of light on Z's skin are sunlight and which ones are vitiligo.

Attached: 0871-0878.png (800x3930, 3.38M)

>Commentary
I wish these kids would just finish their sentences and not take 3 panels to say one thing.

Attached: 0879-0886.png (800x4042, 3.45M)

>Draw a vitiligo boy
>make it biologically female
>call it a they

There's a joke in there somewhere but I'm sure what to make of it.

>Commentary
This Z kid is really mad about trees. And that "fucked up experiment" that's the only reason these two are even alive.

Attached: 0887-0894.png (800x4067, 3.33M)

>Commentary
I think I'm gonna give Z the worst character badge. Why can't they trust the doctors? Y'know, like the one that died trying to save Tye's life? The same one that told Tye that Iris was already off the station, so why does he think that- Ugh this is making my head hurt already.

Attached: 0895-0902.png (800x4017, 3.82M)

The SU is so strong in that little gremlin. Except i've never been unnerved by Steven's arms being longer than his legs

>Commentary
Oh my god what is even with this kid.
I mean yeah, the doctors kept you in a room your whole life, that's fucked up. But the space station is LITERALLY UNDER ATTACK BY PIRATES, I'm pretty sure Iris is safer with the doctors than she would be on the station.

Attached: 0903-0910.png (800x4017, 3.29M)

>Commentary
The greatest emotional response this story has gotten out of me so far is how much I hate Z.

Remember to bump if you're reading! I love to hear what you guys have to say about this fucking disaster, and it keeps the thread alive.

Attached: 0911-0918.png (800x4057, 3.33M)

I can't believe multiple people with actual careers worked on this heap of shit.

>Z's doctor left her for dead
I don't blame him

>Commentary
Ah, so Z had the shittiest parent of all the shittiest parents, that explains why they're the shittiest kid of all the shittiest kids.

This is just completely a fucking storyboard/animation keyframes. Literally NO other storytelling format would have put a fucking pause between "Sure, your doctors may have ACTED like" and "They cared about YOU". That might be the most nonsensical pause in text I've ever seen.

Attached: 0919-0926.png (800x4079, 2.42M)

Fuck Z is ugly.

>Commentary
Aaaaand conflict over, pack it up boys.

Preach brothers.

Attached: 0927-0934.png (800x3815, 2.65M)

>Commentary
Oh thank god, the kids next door are here.

Attached: 0935-0942.png (800x3853, 2.99M)

Attached: 0943-0951.png (800x4050, 3.66M)

>3 panels to blink
okay now she's just taking the piss

i hate this fucking brat so much

>Commentary
I imagine this is what job interviews are like.

Attached: 0952-0957.png (800x3048, 2.88M)

>Commentary
I don't know how to slap the text this page has onto the gif, so it just says
>TWIGS: Give them some space!

Attached: 0958.gif (800x450, 2.53M)

I really hate the way that they emulate both the dialogue and visual storytelling of SU. It's only like that because it's a tv show and even then it's really repetitive within the show itself. I don't need to see the exact same pacing, reactions and structure in some other comic.

Nah, that's a poor attempt to make it look like she's doing more work than she actually is.

Attached: 0959-0967.png (800x3999, 3.39M)

When this comic first started it caught my interest and I keep up until right before the teleport, so I don't hate this. But man it's still painfully shameless. The poorly slapped on diversity, the Ava's Demon style shoddily mixed in with heavy Homestuck style. It's like almost every act of this comic has poor creativity and decision making behind it, and the few neat bits that stand out aren't enough. If they'd tackled this with more originality in mind it might've survived, but then I know plenty of good webcomics can end up dead.

>Commentary
I know why they would lie, cause it's gonna be incredibly hard to believe for other kids growing up in this environment, but if this story has any nuts at all this is gonna come back to bite them in the ass later.

Never read Ava's Demon, what does this take from it.

Attached: 0968-0975.png (800x4098, 3.05M)

>Never read Ava's Demon, what does this take from it.
1 panel pages which are always the same size and some animation here and there
you should read it, it's pretty slow but the art is beautiful

>you should read it
I might, but I'll have to warn you, I'm notoriously lazy.

Except when it comes to committing to retardly tedious shit like storytiming NEOKOSMOS, I guess.

Attached: 0976-0983.png (800x3752, 3.87M)

Fucking hell, these really are just key frames.
Like, damn.
Just one image of them walking would've been enough.

This shit and the videos make me wish this whole thing was animated.
At least things would move along a little faster.

Christ on his throne, Bendis' work reads like something from the golden age compared to this thing's pacing.

If we were going with the precedent set by earlier scenes, there would have been like 5 frames of them walking, so this is somehow an improvement.

Attached: 0984-0991.png (800x4003, 2.75M)

Bendis will cram 10 unnecessary sentences into a single panel.

The Craggs will spread a single necessary sentences across 3 unnecessary panels.

I don't know which is worse, honestly.

Attached: 0992-0999.png (800x3905, 2.89M)

it's another homestuck inspired work, but it has really good painterly artwork.
the story and characters fucking sucked imo and i couldn't keep with it from good art alone, but a lot of Yea Forums likes it

God bless you for carrying on with this horseshit. I can only imagine how time consuming this must be.

>Commentary
Page 1000! Woo! Just 600 to go.

Y'know, a lot of people have said the premise could have been good, so I'll recommend a book. If you want a good book about isolated people who don't know there's a world outside their spaceship, read Orphans of the Sky by Robert A. Heinlein. It's some real classic sci-fi, I think you'll like it.

Attached: 1000-1007.png (800x3930, 2.72M)

you forgot
>Draw vitiligo spots wrong

why the fuck do all the characters blush so much?

Amazing how those 1000 panels could've been easily condensed into a standard 32 page comic book.

>Commentary
First time I actually laughed, based squid spitting in the face of emotional turmoil. Here's hoping he doesn't beef it.

Attached: 1008-1015.png (800x3919, 3.21M)

Much like crying, it's a visual shorthand for lazy artists who can't convey a mood with subtlety.

Y does everyone blush so much

>Commentary
Crag of the Space Creek.

Attached: 1016-1023.png (800x3891, 3.17M)

My two older brothers have Vitiligo but my family is white so it isn't cool to tumblr I guess

>he
Big doubt. This males are forbidden in this comic, only nb and female babies are allowed

I was thinking the Human Zoo.

Some of them actually look fuckable, this is a new one

so so far there's only been four(?) white people?

Sorry but white people with skin conditions aren't important

>Commentary
Oh shit, space chads asserting their dominance.

Also an ASIAN is named BRAINS, take a shot. There was no drinking game but take a shot.

The story's not gonna bother telling me, so I'm just gonna calls 'em as I sees 'em.

I wonder if this came before or after that. I stopped watching Steven Universe a while before that happened.

user please they're babies and also brainlets. Brainlet babies.

Attached: 1024-1031.png (800x4202, 2.26M)

This was before the Human Zoo arc aired, but Amber was still a revisionist then, so who knows.

it's amazing how limited the character designs are with the SU style

that or amber tried to hard to make diverse characters that she forgot how to make other body types and hair styles

>Commentary
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THEY ACTUALLY MANAGED TO FORCE IN A "VILLAINIZING THE WHITE GUY FOR TOUCHING A BLACK PERSON'S HAIR SCENE"

HOLY S H I T

Attached: 1032-1039.png (800x4174, 1.69M)

Is that actually a thing? I've met black people, I've worked with black people, and nobody has ever made a deal out of touching a black person's hair.
But now I want a black gf just so I can give her a rigorous scalp massage as an excuse to touch her hair.

black dude here

i have literally never seen a black person feel victimized by someone touching their hair, this is more of a woman thing rather than a race thing

>this is more of a woman thing
That makes a lot of sense.

Are these characters male or female....?

It's one of those things that Buzzfeed wants you to know is a REALLY big deal and a MAJOR problem affecting society, but they're Buzzfeed so you know how that is.

Ha.

Attached: 1040-1047.png (800x4174, 1.84M)

56% here. There's only one instance I remember of a guy wanting to touch my hair. It was at night and some drunk guy just came up, said he wanted to touch my hair or some shit and reached for it. I pulled back, my friends stopped him, we walked past laughing about it, and that was the end of it.

You decide, since the Craggs can't bare to place that restriction on them.

Yes and no.

The blond white guy no less

It actually makes sense that aliens who study human behavior would want their specimens to represent as many different ethnicities as possiblr.
Although in case of this comic, I'm not sure the author intended that, or just were mindlessly coloring them differently to gain diversity points.

>Commentary
hellvalleyskytrees.jpg

This sequence goes on for WAY too long.

These are the longest exchanges on single panels since the chatlogs at the BEGINNING OF THE COMIC, and they're completely illegible.

I think this is the first time an unseen/mystery character has been listed as ?????? the first time they talked. Triss, Squid, Seven, Red, 9, the doctors, all had their names listed the first time they talk even if we don't know them. I wouldn't do that for suspense reasons until the character is properly introduced. So I guess this is the only time they've wanted it to actually be suspenseful so far.

Attached: 1048-1053.png (800x4087, 1.54M)

They've been raised in a lab environment with no one to explain gender roles to them, so they're essentially neither. Again, this makes sense in the context of the story, but the primary intent of the author was virtue signaling, not logic.

I live in a ghetto ass city. The only time I've seen it was once on the bus when some older guy was having a conversation with some black chick and the subject of hair came up. He asked to feel it and she was like "yeah, sure" and that was it.

> this makes sense in the context of the story
Not really. They wouldn't abide by any gender roles but gender is innate, even if they lack the words to describe it. These zoomen especially would surely recognise that some of them had one type of body and some had another.

>Panel 8 text
They're gone.

>Panel 9 text
They're GONE.

>Commentary
Something actually happening? Better switch over to Seven.

Holy shit, this is the first time there's been regular text on the fucking pages in this entire thread. Also, obligatory SHE'S GONE joke.

Attached: 1054-1062.png (800x4125, 1.18M)

They look like 8-10, the gender differences at that age basically boil down to "lol your peepee looks different".

i tried

Attached: wordswordswords.png (786x2520, 2.32M)

>Panel 1 text
You can’t See. You can’t see them.

>Panel 2 text
You TRY.

>Panel 3 text
Look.

>Panel 4 text
Look.

>Commentary
The image filter used here obnoxiously inflates the filesize so I have to post less images at a time for this part, great.

Attached: 1063-1066.png (800x1800, 2.42M)

>Panel 1 text
Look.

>Panel 1 text
Not there. Not anywhere. Beyond your Sight.

>Panel 3 text
no no no

>Panel 4 text
You can’t be alone.

Attached: 1067-1070.png (800x1800, 1.95M)

so are we just focusing on the characters' anxiety now since there hasn't been much of an explanation for why these were randomly inserted in the story

>art quality suddenly increases x10
what the FUCK

You idiot.
You could say you have FULL vitiligo, and the white parts have completely enveloped your body.

yeah it's a thing. it happens to women more often though. your friends probably just aren't autists.

vitiligo doesn't tan you dumb shit. it's not the same thing as white skin, it's more like albinism.

>Panel 1 text
CAN’T

>Panel 2 text
You CAN’T...

>Panel 3 text
be
alone.

Not how that works dude

Attached: 1071-1074.png (800x1852, 2.19M)

>Panel 1 text
But... you always knew you’d be the last one.

>Panel 2 text
It really is JUST YOUR LUCK...

>Panel 3 text
You watched them all go, and now they are gone.

Attached: 1075-1077.png (800x1350, 1.33M)

But the average person wouldn't know that would they

Attached: 1078.gif (800x450, 604K)

I just feel uncomfortable with anyone touching me at all.
I value personal space very much.

average people (including the artist of this comic) just think vitiligo is funny random spots on the skin

>Panel 4 text
You miss them.

>Panel 6 text
All of them.

Attached: 1079-1084.png (800x2746, 1.38M)

Yeah, but the main characters are supposed to be 14. Kids would definitely start to notice changes at that point.

that 1st panel looks actually really good wtf this is not the NEOKOSMOS I know!

9 is fucking dead

>Panel 1 text
One.

>Panel 3 text
Two.

>Panel 4 text
Three.

>Panel 5 text
Four.

>Panel 6 text
Five.

>Commentary
Three looks like they could be Iris's brother. I wouldn't be surprised if Twigs is Tye's sister, these aliens have a small sample of kids and they had to get them from somewhere.

Attached: 1085-1090.png (800x2700, 2.81M)

true, but they wouldn't understand gender as we have it. they don't seem to segregate based on race or hair colour.

>Panel 1 text
Six.

>Panel 3 text
Eight.

>Panel 5 text
NO!!!

>Panel 6 text
NO! NO!

>Commentary
Holy shit there it is! Human blood! And Eight HAS to be 9's son, just look at him. It took a thousand and one hundred fucking pages for ANY type of interesting storytelling to happen, and it's a fucking SUBPLOT to the main garbage. Jesus fucking christ.

Attached: 1091-1096.png (800x2700, 3.11M)

>blood is bright red
ffs

>Panel 1 text
Think about something else!

Remember!

>Panel 2 text
Your friends...

>Panel 4 text
Where you spent most of your time...

>Commentary
Judging by this, I'm gonna guess that Iris developed the fastest because her alien mom actually seemed to care. Maybe the aliens would have figured that out. Or maybe they were giving different levels of care on purpose because SCIENCE. Fucking aylmaos, man.

Attached: 1097-1102.png (800x2700, 3.08M)

yep tye looks way better with her hair down

gee tye, how come you have two moms?

>Panel 3 text
Your friends could do so much!

>Panel 4 text
Their doctors talked to them.

>Panel 6 text
They could express themselves!

Attached: 1103-1108.png (800x2700, 3.29M)

it does when you dance hard enough

Attached: yes.jpg (1280x800, 190K)

Why is everyone a Shinji Ikari or a mindraped Asuka?

>son
excuse me, NO MALES ALLOWED!

tometo, tomato.
You could still get away with it, I bet.

Because most if not all creators born and raised in this generation have seen Evangelion or shows like or that try to emulate it and continue making copies of the character archetypes without understanding why they were used in the first place, without doing anything beyond the surface level with them, and sometimes an unconscious expression of how mentally isolated and stunted the creators themselves are since those problems are all they know.

Do you think Zehra's cloaca is puffy like her belly haha asking for a friend

>Panel 2 text
They were allowed to communicate with each other.

>Panel 4 text
Seeing them made you happy.

>Panel 6 text
When they smiled you felt like...

Attached: 1109-1114.png (800x2700, 3.47M)

>Panel 1 text
Maybe you weren't alone.

>Panel 2 text
But you are alone, now. You don’t know where they went.

>Panel 3 text
And you NEVER WILL!

>Panel 4 text
No one ever comes back after they leave!

>Panel 5 text
You are alone!

>Panel 6 text
ALONE

>Panel 7 text
SCARED- SICK!

>Panel 8 text
Turning INside OUT

If you were white and had vitiligo you'd have a regular skin tone, but spots of it with no pigmentation whatsoever. And even if your entire skin lacked pigmentation (At that point you'd just be albino) you still couldn't get away with saying you're black, you'd have white facial features.

Michael Jackson is a weird case, he was on all sorts of drugs and plastic surgery and shit.

Attached: 1115-1122.png (800x3600, 957K)

i.imgur.com/p8Lyc6y.png

We akira now?

>Panel 1 text
CAN’T

>Panel 2 text
BE ALONE

>Commentary
Blowing yourself up is a pretty neat trick, but you can only do it once.

Attached: 1123-1130.png (800x3600, 1.2M)

well
that happened

>Commentary
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the comic just peaked, because immediately following that we have literally the same panel twice in a row the madmen finally did it, and not even an attempt at a scene transition.

Hearty kek, user.

Attached: 1131-1138.png (800x3600, 3.11M)

>Commentary
I don't know whats with the black bars, I guess they just didn't draw those panels tall enough.

I'm glad Tye finds it important enough in his recap of events to tell Zehra he put his shoes on.

Attached: 1139-1147.png (800x3851, 1.76M)

i.imgur.com/IxSpjcO.png

Just repositioning the eyes so he's looking AT the screen.

At least SOMEONE's enjoying this.

Change in personality for no reason incoming.

Don't you know? When you're grieving, you become the complete opposite of yourself.

Oh boy, thanks for the warning

Attached: 1148-1155.png (800x3936, 1.45M)

so this is what complete isolation does to you. neat.

Staying in my room all day gave me the superpowers required to storytime NEOKOSMOS. Probably wasn't worth it.

Attached: 1156-1164.png (800x3789, 1.29M)

I'm so proud of Seven. To become a wizard at such a young age.

wouldn't this bitch know what happened?
they are on the same space station right?

This point on feels like they wanted to just go ahead and reach the climax because they realized they weren't getting what they wanted out of the project.

His future self used time dilation magic on his younger self to make him 30 years old at 10 years old

>Commentary
When's the meltdown, I was promised a meltdown.

Attached: 1165-1171.png (800x3646, 1.43M)

>Commentary
HERE IT COMES HERE IT COMES HERE IT COMES HERE IT C

Attached: 1172-1179.png (800x3867, 2.24M)

More forced drama incoming

>Commentary
I'm so mad I thought she was gonna punt him.

Attached: 1180-1187.png (800x3962, 1.39M)

Does anyone ever stop crying, or did working on SU break this comic's creative team that much?

Look at

I wish there was a real human bean in this story it can be any type of person and it would be a thousand times better because something would happen

I honestly that it was gonna be a
>Is Zehera gonna have to choke a bitch
moment.

Is this character supposed to be sollux from homestuck

I dunno I’m seeing a lot of beans so far
id include the Calarts head picture but this is a story time thread

Nope.
Crying all the time.
The post above you (and almost everything else, really) feels stripped right out of SU.

insert smug disney princess
Oh c'mon user they have lots of personality traits like... happy, dopey, and... angry.

>Commentary
Z.

Z WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING.

Attached: 1188-1195.png (800x3922, 1.67M)

>insert homer simpson 'i have no idea what is going on' image here

>We had to do it...

Attached: brainlet meme words.jpg (655x625, 51K)

They seem to be angry for no real reason, why would you try to avoid the scientist in the middle of a pirate attack?

your image is appropriate but c'mon user! It's storytime!

I- Z, nigga. What is you doin'? She doesn't even know what the fuck happened other than alien bitch is dead.

I feel like I'm watching wimpy Shinji and Angry Shinji fighting over nothing.

Normally I'd agree, but we're halfway done with only 50 images.

Z's doctor just left them there to die and Tye's doctor pretty much sacrificed themselves for them, I'd be pissed to if I was Z. I like Z more than Tye.

>Commentary
I hate Z. I fucking hate Z. This is the worst character. Not the worst character in NEOKOSMOS. The WORST character. This is worse than anything in Steven Universe. This is worse than any of the flat 2 bit characters in Hexane. Z makes Jar Jar Binks look like a fucking god. I'm so sorry Jar Jar. I didn't mean to hurt you.

Not like this.

Attached: 1196-1206.png (800x3654, 1.55M)

Oh I get it, the kids raised in isolation get to wear a shirt with one human as a logo while the ones that live in groups get to wear a shirt with three humans on it.

WHY? so the newt women can differentiate them from each other?

as an artist myself, why the hell make that symbol so hard to freehand draw

so the readers can differentiate them

Huh. I thought it'd be longer... Since we've only seen:
>exposition
>ship gets ass raped by pirates
>crying
>craig in the creek
>tetsuo
>shinji slap fight
>and more crying with shit we already being repeated

Never read Homestuck how bad is it? I always hear it name drop on bad anything threads.

Not as bad as this. The first half of it is really good, but its quality degrades as you go on from there and there's even a total retcon of most of the story near the end.

>I like Z more than Tye.
>I like shit more than piss

>"yeah we just had to murder your friend/coworker and rip off that headband thingie you guys wear but hey, let's just talk this out and i'm sure we'll all have a good laugh over this."

They are not only Keyframes but keyframes on a show with little budget. Is a comic you'll think they would go crazy with the visual if they don't actually have to animate it.

But right now is just shot/reverse shot and wideshots for them walking.

they didn't murder them though? is this piece of shit webcomic really too hard to follow?

>Commentary
IF YOU DIDN'T MEAN TO IMPLY THAT YOU FUCKING -KILLED HER- LITERALLY WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY MEAN BY "WE HAD TO DO IT" YOU FUCKING BRAINDEAD TROGLODYTE.

Attached: 1207-1211.png (800x3919, 1.75M)

Homestuck was originally a cyoa style story with readers giving suggestions that eventually got such a large fan base that the author was forced to drop that, but elected to keep the story style.
It’s well written if you enjoy reading. It kinda goes off the rails around the time the trolls are properly introduced and gets more batshit as it goes on but it was a fun ride while it lasted.
No clue if archival reading holds up though.

Uhm if they explained things properly, what would anyone have to cry about?

pirate ayylmao murdered them, the only (sort of) fucked up thing they did was rip off her brain computer and even then Tye was probably going to explain that if Z hadn't been a sperg and worded it like they fuckin murdered her.

>we didn't murder her, it was pirate lady- Did I mention we're being invaded by space pirates?
>FUCKING AND?!

oh yeah, thats right. my bad.

it's cool user. shit's so boring I don't blame you for either speed reading or just not giving a shit.

>Commentary
Uh oh, Dr. Zehra's having a heated gaming moment, she said the A word!

Attached: 1212-1219.png (800x4016, 1.84M)

ayy, thanks user. really though, the comic's concept seems neat. it's just the execution of the idea that seemed to come out rocky.

>figuring out which of the patches of light on Z's skin are sunlight and which ones are vitiligo.

I remember thinking that was the ultimate nadir of this comic's visual design.

There are a bunch of ways you could make the highlights looks different from the spots, and they chose none of them.

So are they all girls? Or... "girls"? Or what?

there's something really barney the dinosaur about that last panel

anyway for all 7 got talked up as the best character, s/he's not done much. are they ded?

patience my man

Wow. Tye is fucking done.

This is just dumb.

>Commentary
Can we PLEASE go back to Seven? He's with the pirates, so that's basically all the somewhat interesting characters in one place.

I'm sick of all of these fuckers.

Attached: 1220-1227.png (800x3775, 1.68M)

would a normal human male try to fuck these aliens?
I would but I post on Yea Forums so I don't think normal applies to us

14? Well, they certainly don't look that age (also no kid of any age talks like they do)

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the last two panels is, I think I'm blind.
Or they just fucked up.

You're gonna have fun with this page.

Attached: 1228-1235.png (800x3600, 1.99M)

honestly, it looks like she's either making out with her or aggressively hugging her with those leg shots.

It's supposed to represent the passage of time I think. Like a still frame to emphasize how angry she is but, it just comes across as lazy and confusing.

I do not think so , I'm a fucking degenerate and I would not do it.

what i see from the panels is that the repeated panels are just supposed to tell the reader that there's a pause, which is an absolutely retarded technique

So Amber and Shelby's idea of drama is just to endlessly terrorize their characters. Good to know. I'll stay tuned for the part someone gets sexually assaulted.

The last panel have her shoulder up a little, it's meant to visually show heavy breaths after a fight. They're wasting panels for this.

Wow I didnt think I'd be able to catch up.
What trash.
This is going to just stop soon?
I'm inspired to just go back to my original webcomic 4koma idea instead of panel by panel if Homestuck is what that inspiration was from.

>sexual assault
But that's more akira than evangelion user. If anything, someone will just lightly touch another in a no no spot, they'll cry for a couple panels and then get over it.

i mean, they did can the webcomic idea and are now making a novel.

this is giving me hope for my terrible comicwriting skills. at least i wouldn't copy paste the same panel for like six pages

>tfw sonichu doesn't even copy the same panels for six pages

>Commentary
I have this sinking feeling Tye is about to get owned.

Attached: 1236-1243.png (800x3910, 2.17M)

idk user, the comic did have a character refer to two brown people as animals. that's pretty risky these days.

It doesn't copy the same panel twice, but in the stone age...

Y'know, as a drawfag, this really gives me hope in my work.

yay! crying! more and more and
>MORE
>FUCKING
>CRYING

That's how you know it's deep

It's that "gender is a social construct" nonsense that certain people keep trying to push. It won't take, because no matter how much we proclaim it, we know in our bones it's a lie.

I didn't think Zehra was based.

Man, I can't wait until we've progressed enough to have age as a social construct. and then race.

look the quality of a webcomic doesn't matter as long as they sell it as LGBT themed to tumblr

What the hell is up with Dr. Zehra now? This is supposed to be the same character that was moved to tears by Tyes drawing of her?

She thought tye and z murdered her girlfriend or whatever.

>as long as they sell it as LGBT themed to tumblr
yeah, and open a patreon for it as well.

To elaborate on what I meant by 'personality change' in this and the other thread; Zehra has been shown to be more empathetic to Tye the entirety of they/her/xir
's screen time with Xaveria being the complete opposite. There was no foreshadowing, indication, or foundation in either case that Zehra's friendliness was fake/that she saw the humans as just animals or that Xaveria actually gave a shit until the pirate came in. In the chapters supposedly important to establishing characters (as in nothing fucking happening but blushes and eating) they did not set the precedence that their behaviors were just fronts.This switcheroo between the two's attitude towards the subject only really happens to be 'subverse lol because one's actually just tsundere and the other really doesn't care see how it's switched now'.

I probably should have used a better term other than 'personality' but nothing quite came to mind.

>Commentary
TYE STATUS: FUCKING DESTROYED

This is probably how that fat retard Z lost a tooth.

Thread's very active! I love you guys.

Attached: 1244-1252.png (800x4203, 1.94M)

well, gender stereotypes are a social construct. but gender is arguably not, so yes

even within this work itself, if gender were only a social construct, then the redhead wouldn't have decided to be a girl.

see, i didn't mind that. it's possible to love someone while quietly seeing them as subhuman.

she's a lesbian with bpd

I want to fuck this fat ayylamo there I said it
she does things to my dick I don't know why but she does

Not really foreshadowing but she was eating one of those weird square food with Tye thing while snacks and alcohol exist in that universe.
So I guess she was either pretending to be friendly for the sake of "research" or did care but more like a disposable pet.

It tries to "subvert your expectations" by having the friendly one be a bitch while the cold one is the actual caring one.
But it's poorly executed.

>Commentary
Just run by all the useless characters.

Attached: 1253-1261.png (800x4198, 2.63M)

The trans redhead is the stupidest thing about it. What the hell would make a biologically male child decide to be a girl in a world where everyone is raised without a concept of gender? And for that matter, why raise the kids without a concept of gender at all? You figure children would be able to figure out, "oh, wikipedia calls some people 'he' and some people 'she' and the difference is that the 'he's' has dicks and the 'she's' have vaginas." If you look up the wiki articles for male/female or woman/man, it's going to give you the biological definitions, and little to no info on trans people. If they're supposed to be a post-gender society just make them all have no gender. It's stupid, but it makes more sense than just one person deciding to be a girl based off wiki articles.

>race

Right now we mock people who claim to be trans-racial in the same way we used to mock people for being transgender.

Just wait.

>age

Right now hating old people and hoping they die seems to be quite fashionable. Once all the "Boomers" are dead I wonder who we'll blame our problems on next.

Attached: 1262-1270.png (800x4050, 2.78M)

I mean technically they’re raised by female identifying gender less aliens, so it’s possible the “adult” figures in their lives are influencing the more feminine, non-binary thing?

Why am I even thinking about this, it was obviously just for sjw points there’s no actual logic behind it

Fuck, it really is Steven Universe.

>female identifying gender less aliens

My god. It is just Steven Universe, but worse.

Why would you make this when you're already working on Steven Universe?!

It's an unfinished sci-fi story in an extremely vague setting, for all we know those kids might be a human equivalent of cultivated bananas. The problem is that the thought process behind it seems to be an unironic version of that hehesilly comic, not a thought-out take on what a society with a different view on gender might look like.

it literally doesn't make any sense.

intersex people exist user. trans is more of that.

>tall white kid straight up disappears after they try to touch z's hair
now, that's just fucked up.

On a more serious note, I really think they should have made this just a short pilot instead of. This.

I don't remember them identifying as female

Well, at the very least, they use "she" when referring to other aliens. I assume Iris heard the word "she" and thought "hmm. what's a she" and i guess she checked wikipedia and went "Oh. i want to be a she." or something.

>Commentary
I can't decide is Squid is being based or not.

On the one hand, Zehra's sudden character shift is dumb, so he's being based. But also he's saving Z, which isn't based.

Attached: 1271-1279.png (800x4203, 3.06M)

here 'she'
but the kids use 'they'

The Xhera alien keeps saying “she” and “her” so I figured that meant something but hey who knows at this point

>female identifying gender less aliens

If they have no concept of "gender", how do they have a concept of "female"? That's like having no language but having conjugation.

The issue is more the fact that there wasn't any hints or subtle dialouge or anything to show us this so it comes out of nowhere really. A few choice words or panels would have been enough.

That doesn't really do it for me because for all we know test subjects might be on a strictly enforced diet for research and/or humans can't metabolize their biojerky or their snacks. Besides the cube might've been their full meal rather than just a snack.

>poorly executed

That's what I mean. The idea is fine but they have to earn the twist.

stop calling them he, everyone is either female or nonbinary in this webcomic

squid stopped the pointless running panels from happening, that's pretty based

I don't read many webcomics and I'm sure there are dumber ones out there, but this is the dumbest webcomic I've ever read.

I would post a reaction image to express my displeasure, but gotta respect the storytime and all that.
Even for a piece of shit like this.

I just assume that only compies can use the she word on each other and the kids just use they.

Z's hair is so unkempt it hides the Infinity Gauntlet.

I figure its like the Asari from Mass Effect don't think about it to hard

Steven Universe did it too so it's okay

he

Based and hepilled.

Uh, actually, females and nonbinary people can use he too because drag queens exist and they get permission to use she.

Check and mate.

that's fair

maybe i'm being too nice because it's the closest thing to a reversal this story has deigned to grace us with

Why is the small blonde motherfucker blushing?

Ahem/ To explain the shit with the pronouns according to the wiki;

>Compies do not have biological sexes, and their culture does not have a concept of gender.
>The Compie language uses pronouns as honorifics.
>The third-person pronouns used for formal, professional contexts and general usage is translated into English as "they / them".
>A more personal third-person pronoun set, used for close friends and romantic partners, is translated into English as "she / her".[15][16]

tldr;

Asari but more retarded.

>Commentary
If you guys keep this post speed up I might have to make a Thread 3

Everyone is always blushing, all the time. So says our lord, NEO KOSMOS.

Attached: 1280-1288.png (800x4291, 3.14M)

He's flushed with anger.

Shit forgot link

neo-kosmos.fandom.com/wiki/Compies

God this writing sucks.

based animals sticking together. fuck that blue dinosaur bitch

But I can't even get upset at this

It's clearly not my demographic. I'm sure there's dumb drama with them, Hussie, and Toby Fox, but I don't care

I DON'T CARE

So.... it's formal/informal pronouns, the closest concept which we have in English being you vs. thou.
That's just a shitty translation and fundamental misunderstanding of how language works at that point.

is there any reason why these kids would fight her?
we can assume she hasn't done anything bad to them and the kids were even happy to see her

they just watched how she called two other humans "animals" and "work" come on user

I kind of want the ayylmao to do something stupid like shift into a dollar bin xenomorph and try to murder the kids, but then pirate lady comes and you get a tumblr version of alien vs predator. Mainly just for something ANYTHING that isn't boring to happen.

So let me get this guess. Xaveria and Zehra both knew about the pirate attack. Zehra wanted to leave Tye for dead but Xaveria wanted to save her and went back. So what's Zehra doing in this level?

She's being very mean and she needs a time out.

Attached: 1289-1296.png (800x4031, 2.98M)

What a saitei iseijin.

god this is so fucking retarded

The original plan was to probably hide in forest level then find a way to contact their home planet or someone in charge for help. If the pirates came before that, Zehra would've most likely used the kids as a distraction to buy Xaveria time to go through with the original plan.

Did we really need an intermeddiate panel between the dirt being thrown and the dirt hitting Zehra?

Attached: 1297-1304.png (800x3800, 3.22M)

>and I’LL climb this tree!
Good shit

You should know that threads always blow up when the topic of gender gets thrown in the table

WHY ARE THEY CRYING?!

S
T
O
P

C
R
Y
I
N
G

can some masochistic user do a headcount for how many times people have cried in this fucking storyboard?

I can understand why Tye is crying because the person she thought she knew wasn't who she thought I get that but why is that fat fuck Z crying

I would, but i'd get bored once i hit triple digits.

>Commentary
Oh thank god, we're back to the characters that don't give me AS BAD of a headache.

Were you guys seriously having an
>unironic gender discussion
? Didn't read lol

Attached: 1313-1320.png (800x3653, 3.5M)

>Commentary
OH WAIT, I SKIPPED SOME PANELS.

You didn't REALLY think they'd just get out of that scene so quickly, did you? Without wasting all your time? No way!

This comes before

Attached: 1305-1312.png (800x3800, 2.42M)

>these two have been in the exact same position for 3 hours

>Commentary
Okay, sorry for the out of order moment. We're back in order now. And the order of NEOKOSMOS is that we have to waste as much time as possible.

Attached: 1321-1328.png (800x3641, 1.09M)

Damn.
I thought they just immediately noped the fuck outta there.
They couldn't even do that right.

Attached: 1329-1336.png (800x3909, 1.84M)

Good news, OP. That's the last we see of those two.

>trans is more of that.

Doesn't change what I said. Transracial is going to be a thing soon.

>Commentary
I think rounded cubes are my least favorite shape.

Attached: 1337-1344.png (800x3982, 1.42M)

66.media.tumblr.com/09e28166c22caed8c61e7e79f6c6137d/tumblr_pucncf16x21us3swho1_1280.png
Take a gander at this shit.

>More detail = better character design
Oh jeez.
The character designs were unattractive to start with but the redesigns only made them worse.

That doesn't look bad

>Commentary
I'd really rather watch a cartoon about some space pirates breaking a psychic kid out of a mental ward and going on adventures than watch the Tye and Z crying hour.

Attached: 1345-1352.png (800x3966, 3.83M)

where can I watch this version of Steven Universe

is the big one supposed to be the same one that killed xaveria?

OH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE BLUSHING

>Commentary
First panel makes me consider a question I hadn't before. What age range is this meant for, again?

Attached: 1353-1360.png (800x3716, 3.59M)

Jesus christ that line belongs in a fucking porno webcomic.

I don't care how semi-interesting these fucks are. The pain never ends.

vitiligo bitch looks like shes covered in slime here

>Commentary
Why are the pirates all better at basic fucking communication than anybody else in this fucking comic?

Attached: 1361-1368.png (800x3865, 2.54M)

I want to sexually bully that fat dino dyke, ha ha. Just as a joke of course, hee hee.

Attached: 1369-1376.png (800x3704, 2.7M)

Because almost everyone else is either a whiny crybaby bitch or a dumb kid.
Mostly both.

I like these pirates and Seven more than any of these characters

>Commentary
They might be more tolerable than any other characters but they still test my patience when nothing is fucking happening.

Attached: 1377-1384.png (800x3693, 1.89M)

Attached: 1385-1392.png (800x3693, 2.13M)

please tell me shit happens in the next panel.

>Commentary
1400! Just 200 more pages to go.

I've never been more relieved in my life.

Attached: 1393-1400.png (800x3693, 2.65M)

This is a weird complaint, but the severe swearing mixed with the cutesy tumblr-friendly Cal-Arts character designs creates this jarring contrast that really takes me out of the whole experience.

That makes perfect sense since the comic is intended for (wo)manchildren.

fixed

Attached: panel edited.png (800x1822, 1.22M)

second is also unnecessary, is it important that he (come on this one is definitely a he) looks at the jacket? no

Attached: 1401-1408.png (800x3650, 1.95M)

it's a necessary shot for the third panel or else the entire page, specifically scree's reaction, would seem odd. the two middle panels show that seven is hesitant about putting on the jacket and getting up, much to scree's chagrin.

you'd still get it through that one panel in which he's just looking at her, instead of you know, just putting the fucking jacket on

>Commentary
Are we actually going to learn things. Please tell me we're actually going to learn things.

Attached: 1409-1416.png (800x3912, 2.71M)

there's less than 200 pages left, of course not
be sure to support their patreon to read the rest of the story!

>be sure to support their patreon to read the rest of the story!
Fuck that noise!

This is more of the fault of the artist for using a lazy excuse for drama, but the edit works because each scene plays off of each other smoothly. If you cut the second pane,l the third and fourth would seem weird since the entire panel is building up to the bug thing’s reaction to the kid being a dope. If anything, the first one could be cut, but leaving it in doesn’t harm anything.

you're mistaking the second panel for a cause rather than an effect

Clearly the alien space pirate chicks are the protagonists of a much better story, one too good for this world

Attached: 1417-1424.png (800x3795, 3.7M)

>Commentary
Idiot almost tripped but luckily he's a wizard.

Attached: 1425-1432.png (800x3648, 2.8M)

thanks OP

Attached: 1433-1440.png (800x3689, 1.93M)

>took you long enough
can't tell if this is the funniest joke in the comic or the author is that unaware

The shit with 7 is ... genuinely interesting? Id even say its good if it werent for the godawful panel spam animation wannabe bullshit

>last three panels
Actually kinda cool use of the single image stuff

Tye and Z feel completely superfluous to the "Plot". Even the Pirates are more interested in Seven than in them.

Attached: 1441-1448.png (800x3648, 1.13M)

is it bad that i've read fetish comics that have a better and more coherent narrative than this?

This IS a fetish comic bruh

This thing is actually decently cohesive, the problem is that there is an unbelievable amount of padding and nothing happenings with the overflow of panels that it feels disjointed. If the whole thing was edited like this and the excess crying and blushing cut itd actually be a decent webcomic

Attached: 1535893192996.png (452x710, 363K)

>Steals your relevence
Nothin personnel, crybabies.

Attached: tumblr_pkvrpnz4pc1uoi6wv_1280.png (540x527, 344K)

Not a bad thing, I only read porn for the plot.

Well, it's a bad thing for NEOKOSMOS.

Based and 7pilled. (Even though he's a crybaby too.)

Attached: 1449-1456.png (800x3734, 1.06M)

I would consider it more of a psych profile more than anything.

If this were an actual TV show, and not a webcomic with way too many panels, I feel it would be a lot more enjoyable. The story has potential, but the biggest thing weighing it down is how slow everything is. The scenes of nothing happening would be a lot more tolerable if they each were 30 seconds of animation rather than 20 static images.

>Only male character in the story
>Has the most interesting scenes
Based

Oh, buddy

>male
I mean, biologically... But NEOKOSMOS leaves no survivors

Attached: 1457-1464.png (800x3600, 1.26M)

Attached: 1465-1472.png (800x3600, 1.37M)

>Iris in the promo image in OP
>Hasn't been seen since Sevens flashback
Where the fuck is she? Is she actually going to be a relevant character in the story?

Considering we're almost done the free pages, I doubt we're seeing her again

He has the only design I like so please just let me imagine him as a cute boy. He's got a willy and that's all that matters to me

Maybe later (later)

I replaced her with Seven so it'd be more accurate. She's there at like the end though, I think.

Attached: 1473-1480.png (800x3891, 1.42M)

Wouldnt be surpriced if they pulled one under us and best boi 7 turns out to just a really flat chick

see? I knew you all would like Seven the best too

I would laugh.

>Seven
>those powers

We Elfen Lied now?

>man sure would be great to get one of those computer things! Wonder where we’d find one!
>also I’m the techie on the team! Just so you know!

NGL I fucking love what's going on here. Crazy psychic girl(boy) discovering random ass powers. Sarcastic, put-upon, hacker bug, villains that don't seem to be quite villains, but are probably still pretty fucked.
Screw it, just stick with this shit. Ditch the crybabies, cut down the page count, and we're good.

Attached: 1500359962403.png (763x960, 375K)

>Commentary
Is Scree the best (most tolerable) character? Has not cried once and is done with this shit.

Attached: 1481-1488.png (800x3778, 1.26M)

Could you imagine if Homestuck was paced like this?

I like this bug

>"Wow, you don't care about any of that"
He fucking knows!

Homestuck is a lot of shit but thank god it actually has half decent pacing. Jesus it'd be like 40000 panels long in this style.

Haven't they ALL been flat?

There were a lot of pages here and there that were a bunch of zooming in and out of stuff that got kinda annoying, especially when clicking through them all.

But let’s be honest, Hussie loved writing too much to spread it this thin

I relate to her for I, too, am done with this shit.

Not really, I enjoy suffering.
Keep going.

If I remember correctly, Tye is supposed to be filipino. Doe she look like a flip to you guys?

>Commentary
What is up with this 9 chick, why's she the only adult, why's she numbered in the same group as all these kids why did we waste a thousand pages on characters who aren't interesting and have nothing to do with the actual interesting half of the plot?

I'd pop a blood vessel now but I have about 200 pages to go.

Attached: 1489-1496.png (800x3649, 1.19M)

You know, that's the whole reason traditional comics have juxtaposition and inconsistent panel size. A big panel can help convey that a moment is lingering.

I hope that the fact that 7 is aware of the pirates fooling aorund dynamic do become somehow relevant. Obviously not gonna happen bc this thing is about to end, but if it was in the novel or whatever the fuck they are doing itd be a fun piece of payoff

>>>She

9, the blond adult one is pretty big tits

What the fuck does it mean to be Filipino in space?
Do the Philippines even exist any more in this universe?

I think its meant as in race user. Its one class of the asian races.

The only reason that Homestuck is so fucking long is because Hussie literally can not help himself from writing a goddamn novel at every turn. It's also the only reason the panel-to-panel system works, because each panel is like an entire three minutes of conversation at least aside from the occasional interludes/faux-animation like you said. Doing panel-to-panel if your writing isn't dense as fuck or just constantly going full tilt like Hussie's is a really bad idea.

Attached: 1497-1504.png (800x3829, 1.23M)

I'd buy it. Most Filps I know are more brown than yellow though.

There are some kinda useless panels but most time they have a lot of content somehow.
Here its just a webcomic trying really hard to be an animated series and it fails horribly

This bug is so fucking good it almost makes this thing redeemable
Almost

Why is it that bad comics always seem to have one redeemable character that isn't in most of it?

Attached: 1505-1513.png (800x3695, 1.04M)

Am I the only one kinda headcanoning her with Peridot's voice?

I haven't really been thinking about voices, I don't think she'd be so shrill though.

Triss is definitely literally Jasper though.

Attached: 1514-1520.png (800x3695, 1.24M)

it's weird that i'm almost enjoying myself with the murderous space pirates and this noah maxwell lookin psychic dork. tye and z are such fucking snoozefests that this almost feels like an actually good comic if it wasn't for the fucking crying and the fucking pacing.

I imagined her sounding like Dan from Dan vs. before they revealed that she wasn't a dude.

>Commentary
Something tells me we'll be finally getting to Iris soon
Like maybe that folder that says Level 2 - IRIS

Attached: 1521-1528.png (800x3684, 1005K)

>Commentary
But first, gifs I don't even have to compress! Yay!

Attached: 1529.gif (800x450, 2.19M)

WHO THE FUCK BLUSHES ON THEIR NOSE??? FUCK THIS

>keepin it in
Good lad

>holding back tears and looking away so no one sees you cry
thats a boy

>you may slap it
>once

Attached: bug butt.png (646x446, 150K)

There’s only two genders
Cries every four panels
And
Holds back tears every other appearance

Attached: 4Keks.png (256x384, 135K)

All these bug butt panels are for you user

Attached: 1529-1537.png (800x3981, 1.66M)

I thought Ryoko, Gaz from Invader Zim just deeper sounding or Gaz from Ballmasterz.

Just something deep and rough sounding.

I was thinking the mantis character from space ghost.
It's a dude in my book, fuck the pronoun game.

why are the bugbutt panels the best drawn ones in the comic?

Holy shit I'm actually interested in where the stuff with the pirates and Seven is going.
It's almost like a different comic.
If it weren't for the constant padding it'd actually be pretty decent.

cause it doesn't look nearly as flat or soulless.
>basedbug_does_it_again.jpeg

7 being there is also nice. Even if hes about to cry it doesnt take over the whole fuckign scene

There does seem to be much more attention to lighting here.

I know at some point the art completely gives up and I'm surprised we haven't hit it yet.

Attached: 1538-1545.png (800x4164, 1.72M)

yeah. out of the minority corps, seven's definitely the most tolerable and his backstory is a lot more interesting. Him and Buglady seem like they could've made a good pair (kinda of like a benny and rock sorta deal), they're both straightmen but, one or the other occassionally join in on pirate crews shenanigans or have their own side adventures.

>Commentary
Looks like its time for another video!

youtu.be/sXkDy0NinQM

I FORGOT TO ATTACH THE PANELS THAT COME BEFORE IT AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAA
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1546-1548.png (800x1661, 1.22M)

>They gave up on doing real animation for the videos
Well, there goes one of the legitimately good things this comic had

Eh. Don't sweat it user, it's essentially the same shit we've seen before
>repeated keyframes
>closeups
>buglady lookin' good
>etc. etc.

I thought their tele-pads were the ghetto type that killed you that remade you somewhere else.

Also youtube.com/watch?v=O64qZyaaVwU

I really like the perspective on this one

why did you just post a whole movie

>no more actual animation
Well that was disappointing.

>the good animation from the previous two videos is gone
Not mad just disappointed

It’s incredible how shelby’s artwork goes into high gear when she incorporates dramatic shading and lighting, unique perspective, and coherent color theory.

It was straight up the first result.

>Panel 1 text
You know where they are!

>Panel 2 text
You know where they are!!!

Attached: 1550-1558.png (800x4331, 1.7M)

Ah man no I hope they are together again

Are you going to post the Homestuck parody they did for April Fool’s?

don't worry, i'm sure the comic will drop dead before any actual progress is made

I kinda forgot about it

Frankly I don't want to

Attached: 1559-1567.png (800x4249, 2.96M)

I would not have believed if I hadn't read it myself. How could one be so blatant?

Attached: 1568-1575.png (800x3794, 1.48M)

While the sheer number of panels is excessive at times it seems that being trained as a storyboarder creates a flow of action far better than that of most professional comic artists.

Attached: 1559333491192.jpg (548x576, 32K)

Attached: 1576-1583.png (800x3794, 1.52M)

And those kids grew up and became the eyes from the Scooby Doo intro.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (480x360, 16K)

>Commentary
I would say Oh Shit but Scree already did.

Attached: 1584-1591.png (800x3695, 2.36M)

>Commentary
Yeah. I don't know what to say but yeah.

Oh hey, another video.
youtu.be/ntC2Tm-26Q4

Attached: 1592-1598.png (800x3389, 1.13M)

Oh dang this last segment got hot suddendly. Im actually enjoying it

>Text
Something is wrong. Something is very wrong. You’re awake.

Attached: 1600.gif (850x450, 98K)

oh my god 1600 pages in are we finally getting our third main character?

What the fuck is this?
I'm actually excited?
I'm actually enjoying it?
What the fuck man?
Why did it have to get good RIGHT at the very end?'

Either way, thanks OP.
Ain't no way I was gonna read this shit on the website one panel at a time.
Fuck that.
You didn't have to do this, at fucking all, but I appreciate your willingness to sacrifice your time to bring us this shitshow.
Thank you.

Attached: fry-frozen.gif (440x359, 1010K)

Dont you fucking tell me this is where it ends stuff WAS GETTING PRETTY GOOD WITH 7 AND BUG AND THE LAST ANIMATION WAS GREAT

Same like why is it getting good now?
This is some blueballing bullshit.
Like fucking imagine if the only way you could follow some epic WWE fight trainwreck you saw was to fucking move to Kansas and invest in cockfighting.
Some bullshit.

Yeah what this user said.

>Panel 1 text
Where... are you?

>Panel 2 text
It looks like you’re in some kind of containment chamber... but you don’t remember how you got here.

>Panel 3 text
It’s cold... and you’re wearing some sort of space suit.

>Panel 4 text
Are you traveling through deep space or something? Everything you read about human advancement in space travel said that traveling faster than the speed of light is impossible. But that was just because your species never got a chance to figure it out. The doctors are clearly way more advanced... Dr. Qurti TELEPORTED in and out of your room every day of your life!

You have no idea how long this trip is supposed to last...

>Panel 5 text
You feel like you’re not supposed to be awake.

>Panel 7 text
You’re alone.

>Panel 8 text
Is this part of the experiment? Why can’t you remember what happened?

>Commentary
I should have mentioned. 1600 was rounding down.

Let's continue, shall we?

Attached: 1601-1608.png (800x3641, 2.23M)

hahaha

LET'S GET READY FOR A LETDOOOOOOWN

>the Homestuck parody
The what?
Do you mean promstuck?

Someone post this, I dont want to taint my Google search

>Panel 1 text
You remember one thing... panicking won’t help you. Panic is a sudden sensation of fear [en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear], which is so strong as to dominate or prevent reason [en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason] and logical [en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic] thinking, replacing it with overwhelming feelings of anxiety [en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiety] and frantic agitation [en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychomotor_agitation] consistent with an animalistic fight-or-flight [en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response] reaction. If you calm down, you can remember what happened and you can figure out if you’re okay. You can! You have to. Just try to remember!

>Panel 3 text
Earlier... Dr Qurti said you were ready to go on a field trip. Of course! How could you forget that! You couldn’t believe it.

>Panel 4 text
You left your room for the very first time. It turned out there was a door in your room all along, but you were too excited to be mad about that!

>Commentary
We did it reddit! We reached the part where they just give up and the art shits the bed! And its not even the "flashback artstyle" because the art goes down the crapper several panels after the flashback starts. They just gave up!

BUT I HAVE TO LINK IT BECAUSE Yea Forums THINKS THIS IMAGE -I MADE- HAS MALICIOUS CODE FOR SOME REASON

i.imgur.com/6niomp2.png

>That style change
O O F

Y i k e s !

WE ENTERED
LAZY SKETCH PHASE
well it was fun while it lasted good bye everyone

>part where they just give up and the art shits the bed!
I find this even funnier since you forgot the picture

> =->

>Commentary
Not OP, but I might as well post the April Fools shit since this webcomic is DOOOOONE!

Attached: 0001.gif (800x449, 48K)

Is it me or this part of the comic actually moves faster that the rest? Maybe is because there are not so many panel detailing the angst of the protagonist.

> =->

>Commentary
Well at least there's SOME self-awareness

Attached: 0002.gif (800x448, 160K)

At least wait until I'm done, user

Reading comprehension, user

It's just as slow, but it doesn't feel as slow because the characters are less insufferable

Attached: 1617-1623.png (800x3458, 1.6M)

At least you have the comedy of the bug trying not to be destroyed by psychic kid.

> =->

TYETYE: xXx oh man i can’t wait… six point four six sweeps of waiting for today... xXx
TYETYE: xXx THE BIG DAY... xXx
TYETYE: xXx oh geez I’m so excited I’m talking to myself... xXx
TYETYE: xXx i mean yes the world exploded i think? and i had to go through an Absolutely Ridiculous amount of Horseshit and also die for it to get to this point xXx
TYETYE: xXx but today for sure is the biggest day for not those reasons xXx
TYETYE: xXx TODAY I WILL MEET MY BEST FRIENDS IN PERSON FOR THE FIRST TIME! xXx
TYETYE: xXx I CAN’T WAIT! ZEHRAVERIASPRITE, YOU KNOW EVERYTHING- WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GET HERE? xXx

Attached: 0003.gif (800x450, 42K)

the comic looks better like this honestly

Nigga, OP's not done yet.
Just wait, man.

there's the illusion of line weight which makes the characters look more interesting, and the sketch style allows for more abstractions.

>page
of fucking course

Sketches often feel like they have more weight to them and also allow your mind to fill in the gaps.

>Commentary
Of course the biggest plot twist of all is that Iris had a stutter the whole time.

Attached: 1624-1631.png (800x4258, 1.73M)

personality: stutter

>page
the crybaby is also a weenie, no surprise

>cute boy with a stutter
Ava's Demon influence?

Wow it only took 1580 pages for this to get interesting. How long was this webcomic active anyway? For someone who read it when it was updating?
Could you imagine waiting weeks for something to happen?

>things started to get interesting once we left the crybaby diversity squat
Gee whilikers.

>i.imgur.com/6niomp2.png
Oh fuck. We really evangelion now.

I honestly dont know when this was active. I might "storytime" some news posts about the cancellation once the comics done.

Attached: 1632-1639.png (800x3888, 2M)

When the arts gets so bad it becomes malicious code.

Giv back bug and 7 >:(

>Commentary
>Earth Day 2003 mug
Unironically what did they mean by this

>IRIS, GET IN THE POD
>Artstyle goes to shit in the last moments
My god, you're right

Hearty kek

Think of it this way user, at least we don't have to see Tye and Z ever again.

Attached: 1640-1647.png (800x4023, 1.5M)

this. fuck shinji squad. I want 7 and his lesbian harem's pirate adventures.

>ARE YOU ON HIS BALONEY PONEY?!

I personally really liked Homestuck. The ending was ass but I don't regret it as a whole (even if in some ways it's still going and that's been pretty divisive). Just the copycat-ism, very clearly and shamelessly taking that style (granted aside from (reasonably having to) sticking with the chatlogs and commands, it cools down fast. The start of it reeked of it though).

>Commentary
Ironically, the pacing actually picks up as soon as the artstyle goes to shit. They were rushing it out so hard they didn't have time to make the dozens of unnecessary panels they usually do.

Attached: 1648-1656.png (800x4133, 1.58M)

I want to ride Iris' baloney poney

Where the fuck did a genderless society get a concept/word for "girl?"

Wikipedia

>"emotional intelligence is off the charts"

i really hate this "we didn't develop this character so let's just have another character list off positive qualities about them" shit.

>Commentary
Well. That's it. That's the ending.

Here Anons, you'll need this.
youtu.be/oIscL-Bjsq4

That was a fucking trip. Like I said, it was my first time reading this, so.

HOLY SHIT that was bad.

The first THOUSAND pages of this are utter fucking garbage. Irredeemable. And yet, as soon as Tye and Z leave center stage, it suddenly becomes more bearable. Seven and Scree aren't completely insufferable, so even though the pacing is still shitty, you can kind of stand it. And they finally learn what pacing is by the time Iris shows up- And then it ends.

Tumbling down.

I'm gonna post some miscellany now, because that's what I do. I hope you enjoyed the storytime.

Attached: 1657-1661.png (800x3033, 1.16M)

>all the buildup last second after finally dropping Tye and Z for fucking nothing to happen
FOR
WHAT
PURPOSE

does anyone know if they ever intend to release the light novels to the public or will they be always patreons only?

God bless you for your troubles user, I actually really liked the setting of this story and a few ideas it was going for but the guy(s) behind this were too braindead to present it in a decent way.

I think they're gonna try to publish them in print.

Here, I'll read the blog post at the end.

>Hey guys! Shelby here.
>You may remember the year 2017. Wow, guys, that was a bad one. In a very sad move for us, we had to halt production on our extremely ambitious webcomic, NEO-KOSMOS.com
>However, that was not and is not the end of the project.
>I am happy to announce that we are in the midst of adapting NEOKOSMOS into a series of highly illustrated novels. That’s right, folks. Now you can read about your favorite miserable characters... with words. And pictures, still, I promise. So many pictures. We currently have the first novel completely outlined and are about 22k words into the first draft, with progress steady.
>But... we can’t do it without your help! If you check out our new patreon page, you will find that we now have our own discord server for patrons! On this server you can hang out with the creators, and receive access to development notes, sketches, and much more!
>There is even a special tier where we will send you PDFs of our drafts to read along with the story IN REAL TIME as we write it, and give your feedback!
>Come join us, and support the creation of your favorite dark and mysterious LGBT comedy sci-fi universe! We’d love to have you aboard.

Honestly all I can say about this is...

COMEDY? COMEDY!!?!?

THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A COMEDY!!?!?!?

WHERE'S THE FUCKING JOKES, CRAGGS?

Attached: neo_book1.jpg (1030x839, 49K)

Ah yes, the best medium for these story boards.
Print.

They want to publish it eventually. They're actually gonna try to get a publisher to take it.

Thank you OP for this. It's been an absolute misery posting with you

>comedy
Since when was there any lighthearted moments? The very first pages?

>Comedy

these cunts have the gall to charge you for continuing this story. i've had my own comic planned out in my head for years and the very idea of stopping in the middle of what still feels like the first chapter of the story, then charging my audience for the rest makes me fucking sick. especially if i made the first half of what i actually bothered to release so painful to get through. i wouldn't blame the entire human fucking race for blacklisting me from ever producing anything again.

all the fucking crying was actually intended to be comedic

user linked this before, but I'll post it for posterity. These are character redesigns for the book, I think. So that's what Red looks like.

Honestly? The realism makes them look a lot less retarded. Triss's hair isn't a 4D nightmare, her horse face looks less stupid when it resembles an actual horse face, and she has tits! That's important.
Plus Scree's head isn't literally a fucking cube, so that's an improvement.

Attached: tumblr_pucncf16x21us3swho1_1280.jpg (1280x1760, 868K)

At least it ends with absolute best boy 7.
Man Im seriously tempted to go after the novels bc 7 and bug were really good.

Nice, that insufferable +1000 pgs pile of shit gets actually readable and it suddenly ends, then they can open a Patreon and bait shekels from woke SJW.
Anyways, you're insane OP.

Attached: 155921293577.png (434x457, 226K)

>comedy
Ex-fucking-cuse me.
How in the fuck was any of that shit comedic?
I don't just mean it was unfunny, I mean there were literally no actual jokes in there.
Comedy.
My ass is comedy.
Jesus Christ.

>Red
>the least red of the three

Ah, here's all the book designs.

Holy SHIT the compies got ugly. Did they really need thick cock necks?

9 got her lips deflated, so that's something.

Realistic Z will probably haunt my nightmares because by god I don't want Z to be real.

Attached: tumblr_pp3mnlSQc71us3swho1_1280.jpg (1243x1920, 840K)

comedy? Z and Jay are the antithesis of anything remotely funny, are all the SWJ characters so silly and annoying?

it looked good until i saw Z

>DocX had Tys picture
Cute

Jesus christ how did Z get uglier?

Also, I just realized Red is supposed to be a Compie with his brain-puter torn out. I didn't realize until I saw the second pic cause the necks were new.

So uh, PLOT TWIST! I guess.

Attached: tumblr_nxmjahSYxt1us3swho1_1280-9299.jpg (960x960, 230K)

This is what the Craggs think fashion is.

Attached: tumblr_od669pt6uV1us3swho1_1280.png (1280x800, 369K)

Thanks OP.

>No Gucci
trash

I cant believe I'm saying this
The humans looked better in Steven Universe style

These outfits are hideous holy shit

Oh god, Zhera.
What did they do to you?

This was gonna be the last thing I'd post because 9 is hot in an ugly way, but then I saw fanart of her in a skimpy dress so I'm gonna treat you guys.

If you have any questions about what the fuck you just read, ask away.

Attached: tumblr_oyd11mqBzL1qcm2uao1_1280.png (782x915, 216K)

fucking jojo has people dress more reasonably. also
>seven in a skirt
I CAN'T NOT SEE SEVEN AS A GUY. THIS IS WRONG.

Can I continue with the HS """"tribute""""?

Yes, this is fanart. Fans of NEOKOSMOS exist. I know, I'm just as surprised as you.

Attached: tumblr_ovef1mQln91wz1c0oo1_1280.png (1280x955, 480K)

tbf Z is awful no matter how good they'd have tried he 'd look bad anyways.

I thought that said
>NO THANKS IM GOD

i would

she is hot
I think its the tits and hips and DSLs

>comedy

How the hell...? Seriosuly?!

kek is cringy af.

It's just really long chutlettes
That thing wonder woman wore
But way too long under an oversized shirt
Someone get this boy some fashion sense

Thanks a lot for the storytime, OP. I've tried reading Neokosmos before but this is the first time I've actually managed to get all the way through it, and it's all because of the people in this thread and the fact you made the pages less tedious to read

>Cumpie
That's a porn name if I've ever read one, but Cumpie here doesn't seem to be a porn artist. they've got on their blog if you like steven universe and really lanky limbs. url is cumpi3 if you want that idk.

No other fanart seems to be worth posting so just enjoy your tits, I guess.

Go nuts.

Attached: tumblr_ovef1mQln91wz1c0oo2_1280.jpg (1280x1502, 281K)

just put a paper bag in her face and it's done

Attached: 155961658893s.png (133x150, 78K)

>didn't post shinji rant.
1 job OP. 1 job...
youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU

OPs comentary and the on spot discussion made it decently enjoyable honestly, especially when we got the the bug/7 parts

> =->

ZEHRAVERIASPRITE: Uuuggggguggghhhhhhhhh.....
TYETYE: xXx haha, yeah. xXx

Attached: 0004.gif (800x450, 19K)

> =->

-- xceptionallyDeliciouscheese [XD] began trolling listlessDestructor [LD] --
XD: DUDE you will not believe the fucking troll brand nutterbutter azz zhit i had to go through to get theze red dudz
XD: jeguz honking zhitchrizt
LD: xXx I know exactly what you mean! xXx
XD: we can rap about it in a zecond whatz really important iz that you need to
XD: CHECK
XD: THIZ
XD: ZHIT
XD: OUT

>Commentary
What's the bitchass story behind Tyetye breaking her horn?

Attached: 0005.gif (800x450, 71K)

> =->

Attached: 0006.gif (800x450, 332K)

Oh and here's a lineup of these cunts if you wanted that for some reason.

I feel like the absolute CHADS Brains and Kazoo would have been a lot more based if they got more screentime.

You make me blush, anons.

Attached: tumblr_ofkezjsRGK1us3swho1_1280.jpg (1280x843, 282K)

> =->

>Commentary
Did you think we would get through this without pointless panels?

Attached: 0007.gif (800x450, 331K)

>we're bucking gender norms by putting the boy in a dress!
>and the girl also in a dress!
I mean, you tried

kosmosimg.com/homestuck/0008.gif

> =->

>Commentary
By God's grace, the Yea Forums filter thought I already uploaded page 8. So we're skipping it.

>=->

TYETYE: xXx wow. xXx

Attached: 0009.gif (800x450, 376K)

> =->

ZEEEEE: zup.

Attached: 0010.gif (800x900, 968K)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

> =->

TYETYE: xXx ... xXx
ZEEEEE: ...
ZEEEEE: in complete and total honezty
ZEEEEE: i am loving thoze zhortz.
TYETYE: xXx I KNOW ME TOO! IT’S SO EASY TO RUN! xXx
ZEEEEE: haha i mean zure if you want to move like a perzon who cant FLY
ZEEEEE: zeriouzly you DIED for that zkill idiot why not uze it
TYETYE: xXx i have i just… you know sometimes i just like to not be in the airxXx
TYETYE: xXx just sort of flipping around through space like i have a clue whats going on xXx
TYETYE: xXx its not me xXx
ZEEEEE: fair enough
TYETYE: xXx but look at YOU! with your cape and your whole… you business. wow, gosh, you’re really here.xXx
ZEEEEE: fuck yeah i am
ZEEEEE: lookz like im not the only one whoz already here
TYETYE: xXx wha? xXx

>Commentary
I KNOW. I read this shit before but I forgot it was this boring. At least it's relatively short.

Attached: 0011.gif (800x450, 120K)

> =->

YIVRIS: (h-hh-hey!!!)
TYETYE: xXx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! !!! !! xXx

Attached: 0012.gif (800x450, 583K)

> =->

TYETYE: YIVRIS!!! HEY!!!

Attached: 0013.gif (800x450, 394K)

What the actual fuck is happening. Doesn't help that Homestuck confuses the shit out of me and I haven't actually read it.

> =->

ZEEEEE: i zee therez a lot of tenzion here between the three of uz young trollz
ZEEEEE: zix point four zix zweepz of being ztuck in our hivez haz not done uz any favorz
ZEEEEE: nor haz the exceptional horsezhit we have gone through in the pazt few hourz
ZEEEEE: including death
ZEEEEE: ZO
ZEEEEE: COME HERE, BOTH OF YOU. ITZ TIME TO MAKE THIZ ZHIT HAPPEN
TYETYE: xXx YEAH!!!!! xXx
YIVRIS: I-I-I’M READY!

Attached: 0014.gif (800x450, 570K)

Well, I think that’s just about enough of that.

APRIL FOOLS, and thank you for reading NEOKOSMOS(TUCK).

SHOUT OUT ZONE

ANDREW HUSSIE’S HOMESTUCK

(THIS IS WHAT THE REFRANCE)

>Commentary
Fuck. I haven't given OP enough kudos for storytiming the actual comic. Just this has drained my soul.
Kudos to you, OP.

Attached: 0015.gif (800x450, 744K)

Alright, before I go to bed (I stayed up an hour late for you guys), here's the last of the material for the night.

UGLY OFFICIAL ART
pic related

BAD WEBCOMICS WIKI REVIEW
badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Neokosmos
Not very in depth, but it exists. Maybe it's the autism or maybe because this shit is going to be burned into my fucking brain from here on out but I actually catch myself pointing out the mistakes the reviewer made, god damn it.

FLY ME TO THE MOON
youtu.be/P91pvMdoZ80
I mean I posted Komm Susser Tod

Okay last minute thing I slapped another piece of art on there because holy shit what is he wearing. Why is he wearing a green bubble as a jacket. WHAT DO THE CRAGGS THINK FASHION EVEN IS.

Attached: kosmospins1.png (1916x1040, 1.35M)

That BWW review makes me want to write a better one, but I've already wasted enough of my life writing shitty webcomic reviews

>guy pretending to be female
>gets a male haircut anyway
But WHY

Thanks for the storytime OP. I can only imagine how many years this has taken off of your life.

>that technicolor annihilation
Our LORD puts the crybabies in the existential trash where they belong

Attached: The call that didn't save Homestuck.png (424x398, 39K)

>I HAVE A PLAN

>Emotional intelligence

Thanks user, quite appreciated. If this was an animatic like Becky Prim, I think it would be watchable.

Thanks, your suffering wasn't in vain.

Get some standards dude.